** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Just now, cosanostra said:

Agree, our midfield is decent but I'm still not completely convinced by McEneff. I think Jamie McGrath would be better in that role.

Yep McGrath i would take, he is a top player and definitely an upgrade on mceneff but I'm sure we will be blown out the water financially by some english championship team unfortunately.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Yep McGrath i would take, he is a top player and definitely an upgrade on mceneff but I'm sure we will be blown out the water financially by some english championship team unfortunately.

The Scottish press seem convinced he's going to Aberdeen.

16 hours ago, TheBigO said:

*&%£ing brilliant news!!!

Now Kingsley and Haring please

Yes Kingsley and Haring, I agree.

Pete's been motm just about every game he's played this season. Definitely needs a new contract. Key part of our squad and he's probably content with not being first choice these days but he's certainly good enough to be as we've seen when Beni has been out.

Smithy is good for another year and I think that's automatically triggered when he plays 30 games, barring injury he should make. 

Good squad being built here. Get Ogashiwa and a class CF and we're not needing major work done in the summer, just needing a wee touch more quality. 

4 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

So long Jamie Walker and thanks. One of our own and Jambo through and through. If only he got his old form back. Bradford will love you if you do. 

That was eye wateringly wonderful. We ought to sign this Jamie Walker fellow.

McGrath on a pre contract and letting GMS leave at the end of the season would be good business. I don't mind GMS but his better days are behind him and I think we need more sellable talent in the squad.

One or two good seasons with us and McGrath has a good 3m+ potential IMO.

24 minutes ago, Jurek said:

That was eye wateringly wonderful. We ought to sign this Jamie Walker fellow.

😂😂

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Dunno where you’ve got that from but he’s 6’2” according to Wyscout and is still growing.

I thought he was rather small when I seen him and checked wiki, obviously wrong. 

Probably why so many  clubs are interested now! 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ins or Outs, extensions or new signings?

I reckon we'll see a signing this week, there's definitely something in the story about the Japanese player and let's not forget the other striker we know nothing about

The Grim Reaper
10 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I reckon we'll see a signing this week, there's definitely something in the story about the Japanese player and let's not forget the other striker we know nothing about

We should all be very excited about the striker we know nothing about. 

Phil D. Corners
4 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

I’m currently very excited about him! 

It might not be as much when his name is revealed. 

I think we'll announce Kingsley, Smith and Harring in one go. Soon.

2 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I'm going to guess we'll have never heard of him. Like Beni and Devlin :mj_zivili:

6 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Hopefully it's from the same pool as Beni, a striker for an EPL who can't break into the first team and has something to prove. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

A fit Peter Haring is quite probably our best player.. a must sign IMO.. 

Agreed he's been brilliant in his recent games. Passing ability is phenomenal. 

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yip. I agree with this. When fit he is class. 

A very good squad coming/staying together. 

was confident Kingsley was re-signing when the “Findlay not a target” headline popped up. glad to see it appears to be coming true. He would be hard to improve on, is settled and has got 5 years in the tank if injuries allow. Like another Mikey Smith. Nice to see some bedrock getting tied down to build upon. 

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'm going to guess we'll have never heard of him. Like Beni and Devlin :mj_zivili:

Speak for yourself, I'd signed Beni on FM well before Savage picked him up.

Budge should have given me the recruitment job

Just now, davie1980 said:

Speak for yourself, I'd signed Beni on FM well before Savage picked him up.

Budge should have given me the recruitment job

:laugh: did you win any trophies?

7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Every squad needs guys like Haring. He's this era's Eggert.

Eggert, there's a name I had forgotten.  What a solid player he was.

51 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

A knew signing by Savage, a striker too.  I’m excited…👍

jamboinglasgow

So if Kingsley does sign to at least 2024, it means for the next two and a half seasons we have:

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett    Kingsley    ?

?           Devlin   Beningime    ?

?              ?

Imagine any new striker (unless on loan) will be at least a 2 and a half year contract. So we are building a strong team which has some stability contract wise that allows us to build. If we can sign Cochrane up permanently and take Moore then we have a strong defence.  

jamboinglasgow

So if Kingsley does sign to at least 2024, it means for the next two and a half seasons we have:

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett    Kingsley    ?

?           Devlin   Beningime    ?

?              ?

Imagine any new striker (unless on loan) will be at least a 2 and a half year contract. So we are building a strong team which has some stability contract wise that allows us to build. If we can sign Cochrane up permanently and take Moore then we have a strong defence.  

Vlad the impaler
1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

Would just hate to see him line up against us for that mob.  Let’s hope he is heading south.

Yup me too,if the pre contract is signed get the deal done to get rid asap

13 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

He might well end up at Ibrox, but there's absolutely nothing in that story to suggest he's made his mind up.

"Seriously considering the idea of staying in Scotland"

"Gers could be the frontrunners"

"Souttar could declare his next destination by the end of the week".

All ifs buts and maybes for a clickbait story. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Good for Souttar. I hope he has wonderful career at Ibrox, helps them win things and then gets move down South enabling Rangers to make £millions whilst we are satisfied with tiny fee.

Maybe we could insert clause in any new signings we make that allow Rangers/Celtic to move for them if they are a success for a pittance, a pittance we should be eternally grateful for, of course.

I look forward to reading media, should this transfer happen, when Souttar explains that Rangers only club for him and that he had to challenge himself by going to club who play with officials in pocket each week. No doubt he will thank Hearts for last few seasons, almost as if he pretends to give a toss about club and support, whilst making sure we get minimum back and he and his agent coin it in 

I hope none of our supporters would consider booing him on return to Tynecastle or hope he is injured. Instead we should applaud him on to park and hope he plays brilliantly against us. The Corinthian spirit I believe.

Please accept this mail in the tone it is intended.

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He might well end up at Ibrox, but there's absolutely nothing in that story to suggest he's made his mind up.

It's borderline gibberish. People actually earn a living writing that nonsense.

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Do we know we dont know? or do we dont know what we dont know? Is it a known unknown or an unknown unknown?

I dont know :(

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Do we know we dont know? or do we dont know what we dont know? Is it a known unknown or an unknown unknown?

I dont know :(

Who knows 🤷🏻

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I quite agree. A man after my own heart!

By the way looking at your tagline 'kingantti1874' makes me wonder, why did God wait 8 days?

20 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Here's a more balanced report (don't bother clicking) - 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/john-souttar-ready-rangers-transfer-25921500

...it's basically saying that the 'SUN are reporting'..... (genuinely!) They're just telling us that there's a report in the Scum saying he's choosing Rangers! Can these redtops get any worse!?

It also, more accurately states, there are 3 offers on the table that Souttar is considering! WTAF.

FTOF... and their sycophantic, rim-licking, weegie-media whankers.

I for one would never boo Soutter should he line up for the ****s 11 against us.

If he sign for that mob he is a 🔔🔚 and dead to us. 

8 hours ago, cosanostra said:

With Walker, Roberts, Gnando etc all leaving - we should have some salary space free to throw about. I'm wondering why we're not trying to sign Jamie McGrath. We should be the club signing the best players available from our league. 

I guess we've probably had to offer wage rises to Halkett and Kingsley but I think McGrath would be a great addition to the squad.

thats traditionally the bigot brothers isn't it? hoovering up the best players from the opposition to dump them in their reserves to weaken the rest of us?

3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

thats traditionally the bigot brothers isn't it? hoovering up the best players from the opposition to dump them in their reserves to weaken the rest of us?

Some things never change. Been doing it for years.

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Beni and Devlin getting all the rave reviews and seem to be first choice in everyone's mind but we've played our best football this season in games Haring plays... 

Either we find a way to play all 3 at a time, one of Beni or Cammy drop to the bench or we rotate between the 3. Can't really argue with the stats. Haring needs to play and he's too good to just be a backup.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Beni and Devlin getting all the rave reviews and seem to be first choice in everyone's mind but we've played our best football this season in games Haring plays... 

Either we find a way to play all 3 at a time, one of Beni or Cammy drop to the bench or we rotate between the 3. Can't really argue with the stats. Haring needs to play and he's too good to just be a backup.

For me, rotation is a must. Beni played a lot of games in a row then got an injury. There’s a lesson there. We’ve got 3 quality DMs, use them. 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

For me, rotation is a must. Beni played a lot of games in a row then got an injury. There’s a lesson there. We’ve got 3 quality DMs, use them. 

totally agree. Beni and Devlin are great at breaking up play, winning the ball back and rarely give away possession. Haring offers something slightly different with his passing and creativity.

10 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

If we sign two mobile forwards (two strikers/striker and winger or 10), I could see a 3-5-2/3-5-1-1 working when necessary in Glasgow (or away in the European group stages if we’ve points on the board!). 

Haring can contribute to attacks and score, Cammy keeps the ball moving, Beni can carry forward. With two proper wingbacks, one forward who can hold up and one who can run in behind, we could conceivably run a system with 3 CBs and three nominal holding midfielders. All 3 have got game. They’re not out and out blockers. 

However, giving them free reign to get stuck in and not worry about bookings also works. First one to a yellow and two fouls gets a rest. 

Edited by CMc

1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

He isn't even away yet and already I don't give a feck about him.Just go I'm not even bothered where it is now I'm bored reading about him.

He has been largely very good for us but I don't blame him for being all out for himself as he is one injury away from playing anywhere else.

5 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

If we can get Kingsley and Haring signed up to play alongside Beni and Devlin we will have a great combination of defenders  and midfielders. Haring, Kingsley and Halkett, all in their mid to late 20's, are in their prime, and Haring especially was back to the form he had before his long injury. Beni was suffering a bit due to being overplayed (imo) before his injury, so a rotation of Haring, Beni and Devlin in midfield would be ideal.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic