** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think most of us are on the same page, we want what’s best for Hearts. 

There’s no doubting significant improvement has been made almost all round this season but it looks from the outside there’s one simple change that could improve us further. 

The standard of signings will again be key however. If we do go for Shankland I wonder how that would effect our formation. 

Definitely, some find it hard to see people discuss where we can get better and improve further, as taking away from the good start we’ve made back in the top league. 
Shankland is an interesting one, if irc they played 4231 when RN was at Utd. I’m not sure he could do the same job Boyce does in 343 but I suppose that’s for the summer transfer thread 😜

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The only signing we definitely need this window is a striker,  either by pushing the boat out for better than Boycie or a back up.

Even if Souttar goes we are covered by Moore with Smith and Cochrane as cover at right and left  centre back.

Better to wait for the right player than bring in numbers this window. We are in really good shape squad wise compared to Hibs and Aberdeen who definitely need to strengthen this window to worry us.

100%

Halkett and if required Haring as well. 

No point in signing any old shite. 

Said it before, but numbers wise we are the same as the first 20 games as things stand. 

100 % a forward / striker is required. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

If we lose Souttar this month and can't get a replacement in, I wonder if we'd consider recalling Popescu as emergency cover. Maybe easier than gambling on getting the wrong guy in as January is a difficult window and we'd still have Moore, Halkett and Kingsley plus Smith, Haring and Cochrane who can all fill in there in an emergency. 

Interesting idea and if it’s a last resort it might just have to be done. 
Hopefully in the not too distant future the academy will produce players to fill these types of holes in the squad. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully in the not too distant future the academy will produce players to fill these types of holes in the squad. 

Would be as well playing Flatman, Darge or Watson rather than Popescu who we know isn’t nearly good enough. 

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I'm not advocating bringing him back btw, he's not good enough. Was more just curious whether we'd think about bringing him back for additional cover if we can't get the right man in.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I'm not advocating bringing him back btw, he's not good enough. Was more just curious whether we'd think about bringing him back for additional cover if we can't get the right man in.

I got that 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would be as well playing Flatman, Darge or Watson rather than Popescu who we know isn’t nearly good enough. 

I know the laddies names but don’t know anything about them, would the manager consider them as opposed to bringing back someone that we shouldn’t have signed in the first place?

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Unlikely, as we're going with the same number of defenders as we do now. 

If we didn't need or want him for the first part of the Season as cover, with the same numbers now I don't think we need or wil want to add him  now. 

Ofc, if we lost another defender and didn't replace him then we'd be shorter, but if we only  lose Soapy we are "as is" as it stands. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know the laddies names but don’t know anything about them, would the manager consider them as opposed to bringing back someone that we shouldn’t have signed in the first place?

😂😂😂

Anything to get a wee dig in at Bob. 

We needed cover last season in the championship at ch. 

Popescu filled that role. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You’re not going to get professional football commentators on a fan forum. What do you expect other than amateurs with a wide range of views?

Possibly less drivel.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unlikely, as we're going with the same number of defenders as we do now. 

If we didn't need or want him for the first part of the Season as cover, with the same numbers now I don't think we need or wil want to add him  now. 

Ofc, if we lost another defender and didn't replace him then we'd be shorter, but if we only  lose Soapy we are "as is" as it stands. 

You’re still head counting here. What about quality. We lose Souttar we lose quality that needs an effort to replace, not just a jersey filler so you can count to 6 and be happy

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You’re still head counting here. What about quality. We lose Souttar we lose quality that needs an effort to replace, not just a jersey filler so you can count to 6 and be happy

Popescu does not add quality, he's worse than all our current options. 

Point about bringing back Popescu stands. 

He wasn't needed for the first 20 games, and if we lose only Souttar he's still not needed. 

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

If we lose Souttar this month and can't get a replacement in, I wonder if we'd consider recalling Popescu as emergency cover. Maybe easier than gambling on getting the wrong guy in as January is a difficult window and we'd still have Moore, Halkett and Kingsley plus Smith, Haring and Cochrane who can all fill in there in an emergency. 

I presume this is an attempt at ripping the pish out of this thread?  If not, you really need to consult a doctor.

"

SOUTTAR REPLACEMENT

Hearts have stepped up their efforts to land defender Stuart Findlay as they prepare to lose John Souttar.

The Jambos outfit are gearing up to move for the Philadelphia Union ace, right, but they face competition from English Championship clubs who are keen on the ex-Killie star.

Hibs have also expressed an interest in the 26-year-old stopper.

Rangers, who are prepared to offer a pre-contract, are chasing Souttar along with Blackburn, Stoke and Sheffield Wednesday.

Hearts now have Findlay top of their list of potential replacements."

41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t think there’s any circumstances in which he would bring back Popescu unless its to sell him. 

9 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

"

SOUTTAR REPLACEMENT

Hearts have stepped up their efforts to land defender Stuart Findlay as they prepare to lose John Souttar.

The Jambos outfit are gearing up to move for the Philadelphia Union ace, right, but they face competition from English Championship clubs who are keen on the ex-Killie star.

Rangers, who are prepared to offer a pre-contract, are chasing Souttar along with Blackburn, Stoke and Sheffield Wednesday.

Looks like he is back in Scotland now

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

"

SOUTTAR REPLACEMENT

The way we have been with keeping leaks to a minimum, I wonder how much truth in this. Also replacing a right sided centre back with a left sided centre back.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, we seem to have-

Shite defenders 

Wingers that do **** all

Shite strikers 

Clueless manager 

We had all of the above under Levin but yet some people still blindly backed him to the hilt!

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Popescu does not add quality, he's worse than all our current options. 

Point about bringing back Popescu stands. 

He wasn't needed for the first 20 games, and if we lose only Souttar he's still not needed. 

Wasn’t talking about Popescu mate. Look let’s just move on here if you think that losing Souttar causes an issue that is actually fixed because we have the same number of defenders we first started with. That’s a ludicrous arguement.

20 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

"

SOUTTAR REPLACEMENT

Where is this from?

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Is Findlay not left footed? Not a Souttar replacement. Sorry if incorrect

What ever happened to two footed footballers? 🤷‍♂️

I think Findlay would be a great signing tbh. We can't afford to go out and sign a ready made John Souttar so we need someone with decent quality and the potential to improve. He's definitely that.

Need to get that £500k for Souttar though.

Finding replacements will be a lot easier with some cash behind us.

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Could make complete sense if we switch to a back 4 however, either that smith or Moore may be getting more games in the back 3 

18 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Is Findlay even better than CH let alone anywhere near Soapy?

He was pretty decent for Killie. From memory I'd say on par with Halkett but not as good as Souttar. He is comfortable on the ball and likes to pass it out from the back.

The harsh reality is that when Souttar leaves, it's very unlikely we are going to replace him with a player of the same calibre.

Edited by 8skacel8

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Could make complete sense if we switch to a back 4 however, either that smith or Moore may be getting more games in the back 3 

Kingsley to lwb, Smith,Halks, Findlay at back? Maybe i guess

2 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

If we are signing Findlay surely it’s as a long term replacement for Halkett or Kingsley

Crossed my mind have to say

17 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Is Findlay even better than CH let alone anywhere near Soapy?

We have been trying to get him in since last January, made a push on deadline day last year but killie refused then the america move came about so Robbie and savage must believe he’s good enough. Whether or not we get him is the big question 

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Kingsley to lwb, Smith,Halks, Findlay at back? Maybe i guess

With Atkinson coming in I would be surprised if we just completely dropped smith from the starting 11 so it could help that situation also 

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

We have been trying to get him in since last January, made a push on deadline day last year but killie refused then the america move came about so Robbie and savage must believe he’s good enough. Whether or not we get him is the big question 

Any other news on transfers?

Bazzas right boot

Findlay would give us something we are missing atm. 

Left footed, big heed the baw central half. 

He's not as good as Souttar but he gives the team something we are missing a bit, height and aggression. 

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think there’s any circumstances in which he would bring back Popescu unless its to sell him. 

A golf kart accident involving Smith, Halkett, Kingsley and Moore? 

15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Many on here have droned on for ever about getting a left footed CH . 

Now there is a possibility of getting one what happens ?

10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Can't see anyone paying money for him.......

3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I think it would be good to get him (Findlay) in imo, even if he is not the same level as Soapy, I still think the boys a decent player, was definitely one of killies better players, it would be just good to get someone of a decent standard on a permanent contract tbh, as of right now our 3 CHs are out of contract in the summer and we have no replacements, unless we are confident that Halkett and Kingsley will both sign new deals, which hopefully they both will.

BackOfTheNet

Findlay? A no from me. But if there’s something to it and he signs, obviously he has my support. But, well, meh…

Edited by BackOfTheNet

HeartsandonlyHearts
23 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Scotland sun

Is it Sheffield Wed or United who are interested?

Or just the usual lazy so called Sun proof readers not giving a $#!t?

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I think if he was signing permanent in the summer I think he would make a great signing if Kingsley leaves. But just dont really see him as a replacement for Souttar as the article suggests on a loan.

8 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

Any other news on transfers?

Last I heard on Thursday was We are keen to have a striker in this week but other than that not much else, very quiet now savage and co really doing a job in keeping things as quiet as possible. I would suggest that the Findlay stuff is more than likely coming from his agent than anyone at the club so take it with a pinch of salt currently 

Finlay In Souttar out still makes sense to me. Moore's position is a right sided centreback so would be the obvious direct replacement however Finlay could play centre of a 3 or left sided. That would allow Kingsley to play LWB (Better than Cochrane who i think is fine but not the long term answer either at LB or LWB). If we move to a 4 at the back then Finlay can easy play in there.  Add in the fact that Smith will (likely) be 2nd choice to Atkinson and able to play Right of a back three ( and centrally) would mean we have some options.

Rick Sanchez

Gordon

Atkinson

Moore

Halkett

Findlay

Kingsley

Smith and Cochrane back up should be good enough for 3rd. I do acknowledge I have no idea of Atkinson's abilities other than YouTube.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic