** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Big fan of Kingsley's but people can't seriously be suggesting they'd be comfortable with him and Halkett as the CB's in a back 4? He's a left back his whole career and has played for us as left side of a back 3, Halkett gets slaughtered when he's in a back 4 and Haring only plays CB now when we've had to take a defender off and go into a back 5. If Souttar goes the only player that you'd be comfortable having in both a 3 or the middle of a 4 man defence is Moore? 

Spot on 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Correct 

if I’m honest, can’t wait till he leave’s

the team is bigger than him

We all need to move on, the sooner the better. 

I’m never ITK - what I am doing is putting 2 and 2 together to get 347 - having read the record! I see that Burton Albion have accepted an offer for Kane Hemmings. Doesn’t match our age profile but could definitely do a job! 

2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I’m never ITK - what I am doing is putting 2 and 2 together to get 347 - having read the record! I see that Burton Albion have accepted an offer for Kane Hemmings. Doesn’t match our age profile but could definitely do a job! 

For back up he might be worth a go. As competition for Boyce. No. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, bradleyHMFC said:

For me, Souttar potentially leaving in January changes nothing. The club should have been looking to sign a CB this window regardless to ensure that they are settled and up to speed for a potentially early start to the season next year if in Europe etc 

Good point, especially as the defence hasn’t been great anyway and relies on Gordon far too much. 
A loan deal might be the way forward initially. 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Good point, especially as the defence hasn’t been great anyway and relies on Gordon far too much. 
A loan deal might be the way forward initially. 

Agree. Very busy keeper with 84 saves so far.

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Danny Wilson - I believe his contract in the States is up this month.

I actually wouldn't mind him. Current midfield show for the ball more now so would mean he wouldnt have to attempt those daft diagonal wedge passes.

Outside of that he done us a decent turn. I wouldn't mind him back in the squad to see what he can still offer.

Won't be shy of a few quid but must wonder what his career could've been after never really fulfilling that early potential.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, LMc said:

Agree. Very busy keeper with 84 saves so far.

Faced 101 shots, third highest in the league.

Defence definitely needs improved. 

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Danny Wilson - I believe his contract in the States is up this month.

Please no terrible defender who couldn't wait to drop his pants when rangers came calling.

LarrysRightFoot
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Said it a few times - the issue is more the midfield constantly being outnumbered, meaning teams at our defence very easily. We need to move to a 433 imo. 

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Said it a few times - the issue is more the midfield constantly being outnumbered, meaning teams at our defence very easily. We need to move to a 433 imo. 

It’s both tbh. We’ve tried to stick to the original game plan when, as you say, we’ve been getting swamped in midfield, which has invited pressure on our defence. There have also been times when our defence has looked shaky regardless of that. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I agree to an extent but its not constantly the problem though, even in games we dominate we give up great chances. The second Rangers goal for instance had nothing to do with the midfield. We play a three mostly because the players we have aren’t good enough to play in a back four, that needs rectified if we are to play a four. 
When we play poorly its usually because we get dominated in midfield and they take far too long to rectify it. 

Exile fae Main Street
16 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

This in spades!

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree to an extent but its not constantly the problem though, even in games we dominate we give up great chances. The second Rangers goal for instance had nothing to do with the midfield. We play a three mostly because the players we have aren’t good enough to play in a back four, that needs rectified if we are to play a four. 
When we play poorly its usually because we get dominated in midfield and they take far too long to rectify it. 

3-4-3 relies on 2 things to make it work

1. Fit, quick and decent quality full backs on both sides who can defend attack and invert when needed

2. A front 3 who clearly understand the press and can do it most of the game

Churchill Barrier
1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Danny Wilson? The one who would walk on molten lava to go watch Newco? That Danny Wilson?

Or the Danny Wilson who captained our team to winning the Championship ?

Gets a ridiculous amount of criticism.  Not sure why a Celtic fan would walk on molten lava to watch Rangers???

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nonesense. 

Particularly the rangers goal analysis. 

In fact the whole post is utter Jobbies. 

1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Danny Wilson? The one who would walk on molten lava to go watch Newco? That Danny Wilson?

Danny Wilson is a Celtic fan

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nonesense. 

Stop slavering

2nd Rangers goal was a long ball in behind a back 4 where Aribo simply outpaced Souttar and Halkett.

Should Aribo’s run have been matched by a midfielder, possibly but the defender should have seen what was going on in front of him and adjusted his position knowing Aribo would beat him in a foot race.

50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we are going to play three at the back we need 3 good defenders. Kingsley doesn’t fit into this system well. He is not a ball winner and is not great in the air.

Edited by McCrae

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nonesense. 

What’s your analysis of the fault for the 2nd Rangers goal. Mines would be the front 3 not pressing onto Goldson, Souttar in no man’s land marking wise and then done for pace. I don’t see a midfield fault for that goal. And the post was entirely correct. There have been at least 2/3 games we were outnumbered in midfield and nothing was done to balance it out 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

What’s your analysis of the fault for the 2nd Rangers goal. Mines would be the front 3 not pressing onto Goldson, Souttar in no man’s land marking wise and then done for pace. I don’t see a midfield fault for that goal. And the post was entirely correct. There have been at least 2/3 games we were outnumbered in midfield and nothing was done to balance it out 

When we are under the cosh like that the wing backs need to do more or one of the central defenders needs to push up. Too often, the midfield two have far too much to do and the back 5 play deep, ready to defend the inevitable. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Danny Wilson is a Celtic fan

Ok, my mistake. Would walk on molten lava to PLAY for Newco.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, merseyjambo said:

Stop slavering

2nd Rangers goal was a long ball in behind a back 4 where Aribo simply outpaced Souttar and Halkett.

Should Aribo’s run have been matched by a midfielder, possibly but the defender should have seen what was going on in front of him and adjusted his position knowing Aribo would beat him in a foot race.

Sigh. 

Quite few things can stop any goal, but particularly that goal and it wasn't down to a back 3 or defence only. 

The space between the rb and rcb was too big, 1st mistake, But the rangers midfield and wingers planned this overload and our midfield never adjusted 

Aribo should definitely have been tracked by a midfielder.

Soapy or Moore could have positioned themselves either to header the ball or dropped back a little. 

Shite goal to lose but nothing to do with a back 3 or defence only. 

Anyway, another debate. 

You call me a slaver then yourself post that the midfield could have possibly picked Aribo up, so you are agreeing it wasn't "defence" only. 

Putting the blame on the "defence" only is something a 7 year old would do. 

Far more complicated than that. 

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, HMFC_France said:

He was wanted by Leyton Orient but Moron are set to utilise his services ... "

So he's actually gone to h1b5 on loan? :huh:  I'm confused.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Churchill Barrier
5 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Ok, my mistake. Would walk on molten lava to PLAY for Newco.

I would walk on molten lava to anywhere if i could triple my wages to be fair. I suspect you would too. 

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

3-4-3 relies on 2 things to make it work

1. Fit, quick and decent quality full backs on both sides who can defend attack and invert when needed

2. A front 3 who clearly understand the press and can do it most of the game

I don’t think we press enough for me.
Smith can do all the jobs required apart from crossing,
Cochrane doesn’t invert but has the rest, Halliday can invert but isn’t fit or quick, Moore can do it all but also doesn’t go inside. Kingsley can do all it but can he last 90 minutes up and down the pitch?

Here’s hoping the new guy can. 
The system suits Halkett and Souttar, not sure how navy others it does. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, McCrae said:

If we are going to play three at the back we need 3 good defenders. Kingsley doesn’t fit into this system well. He is not a ball winner and is not great in the air.

Basically he’s left sided and can pass, Halkett is slow and makes too many mistakes. As I said I reckon we need better players. 

LarrysRightFoot
49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t agree we don’t have the players to play a 4 at the back. Now I’m not a huge Smith fan but he is a seasoned international, then Souttar who is clearly good enough, Halkett has improved and Kingsley, who again is clearly good enough. 

Re giving up chances of course it’s not solely down to the midfield - we will give up chances regardless of formation- but games like St Mirren at home the midfield was the issue, the amount of chances we gave up was a joke. 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sigh. 

Quite few things can stop any goal, but particularly that goal and it wasn't down to a back 3 or defence only. 

The space between the rb and rcb was too big, 1st mistake, But the rangers midfield and wingers planned this overload and our midfield never adjusted 

Soapy or Moore could have positioned themselves either to header the ball or dropped back a little. 

Anyway, another debate. 

You call me a slaver then yourself post that the midfield could have possibly picked Aribo up, so you are agreeing it wasn't "defence" only. 

Not sure if you watched that game at all or paid a lot of attention but we switched to a back 4 that day to stop Kent and Sakala attacking us wide. Kent had mugged Moore once already for the first goal so Moore is mark him properly. Rangers free man in midfield was Aribo who spent the first half hour in an advanced position, almost a 10 supporting Morelos in fact. 3 minutes before the goal they played an almost identical ball over the top and we didn’t learn or appreciate where Aribo was playing

When Goldson gets that ball there is no press and our 2 in midfield are marking the forward space he could pass into. Goldson plays the only ball we have left on because Souttar is neither marking Aribo out of it or standing off enough so he can’t run by him if the ball goes long over his head. That goal is Souttar’s error 80% and 20% on GMS for not pressing Goldson. It’s a shocking goal to lose because they did the exact same thing 3-4 minutes before

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think we press enough for me.
Smith can do all the jobs required apart from crossing,
Cochrane doesn’t invert but has the rest, Halliday can invert but isn’t fit or quick, Moore can do it all but also doesn’t go inside. Kingsley can do all it but can he last 90 minutes up and down the pitch?

Here’s hoping the new guy can. 
The system suits Halkett and Souttar, not sure how navy others it does. 

The press is the big problem for me. Ginelly GMS and Woodburn just don’t do it effectively and at least one of them usually plays. GMS in particular is a lazy ****

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

You wouldn’t know we were sitting comfortably in 3rd place right now.

Get a grip ffs 

Aye, we seem to have-

Shite defenders 

Wingers that do **** all

Shite strikers 

Clueless manager 

10 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Get a grip ffs 

Just let us know what we’re allowed to talk about when we’re 3rd and what is forbidden, cos here was me thinking this  is a forum for opinions on all things Hearts

The Wrinkly Ninja
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sigh. 

Anyway, another debate. 

There was little wrong with Moore’s positioning for the goal. If the ball had gone across towards Kent then Moore was in a good position to get it or to be goal side of him.

The fault for the goal was with the centre three. It was the space between them that was the problem. The ball went to the inside of Souttars  starting position.

Look where Halkett was. He was still running towards the ball when it was played. Kingsley wasn’t in a great position for a centre half either. The ball could have gone anywhere from Souttars left shoulder to the left side of our box and there was a space. Souttar was the player with no man who could see both the ball and Aribo and the ball went to his area.

Even if a midfielder was running with Aribo the shout should have come from a correctly positioned Souttar who should have cleared.

It was his mistake. Not his first and not his last. It happens. There’s little benefit in being all defended about everything and calling folk names when they don’t agree with you. 

People not agreeing with you is going to happen when your posting is all over the place and your revisionist narrative changes like the wind. 

10 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Get a grip ffs 

I know. Can’t believe all our players are shit and our manager is clueless with a crap system. We must be one of the luckiest team on the planet to be sitting clear in 3rd. Not looking forward to the second half of the season now 😢

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, we seem to have-

Shite defenders 

Wingers that do **** all

Shite strikers 

Clueless manager 

Plenty room for improvement then.

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, we seem to have-

Shite defenders 

Wingers that do **** all

Shite strikers 

Clueless manager 

We don’t have shite defenders. No one has said we do. We’ll be weaker without Souttar, although you’ve stated we’ll be fine because Smith is just as good

We don’t play with wingers. Our width comes from advancing full backs. We play a fluid interchanging front 3 most games. Go along sometime and you’ll see it

Apart from Boyce we have one striker and he is shite. Thats  an almost universal opinion it seems you don’t agree with.

Our manager is doing just fine. That’s almost unanimously accepted of late 

Just another swipe at nameless members by you. Completely made up and designed to troll. How you get away with it day after day is beyond me

Edited by JimmyCant

5 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

There was little wrong with Moore’s positioning for the goal. If the ball had gone across towards Kent then Moore was in a good position to get it or to be goal side of him.

The fault for the goal was with the centre three. It was the space between them that was the problem. The ball went to the inside of Souttars  starting position.

Look where Halkett was. He was still running towards the ball when it was played. Kingsley wasn’t in a great position for a centre half either. The ball could have gone anywhere from Souttars left shoulder to the left side of our box and there was a space. Souttar was the player with no man who could see both the ball and Aribo and the ball went to his area.

Even if a midfielder was running with Aribo the shout should have come from a correctly positioned Souttar who should have cleared.

It was his mistake. Not his first and not his last. It happens. There’s little benefit in being all defended about everything and calling folk names when they don’t agree with you. 

People not agreeing with you is going to happen when your posting is all over the place and your revisionist narrative changes like the wind. 

Good post but it should be said that Kingsley was playing LB in a back 4 that day, not centre back

SomethingAboutObua

So with Brandon that means we've got

Ins-

Atkinson 

Outs-

Brandon (loan)

Possible ins-

Striker 

A striker to replace Gnanduillet 

A CB should Souttar leave 

A 2nd/3rd choice goalie

Possible/likely outs-

Gnanduillet 

Souttar (on a pre-contract minimum)

Walker 

Really glad we're needing so little movement and our main question is do we need a backup CB 

Edited by SomethingAboutObua

6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Are there any actual transfer rumours?! 

E20A4B55-C8C4-4490-8380-E92B0556C3FA.gif

Nope just shit analysis from people who are clueless on everything but know why we are bottom of the league , better than the FA Cup thread thats a political battle. 

9 minutes ago, LMc said:

Let's stop discussing where we can improve the team. We're third ffs, be happy.

It’s January. 3rd is not in the bag. let’s improve the team and make sure we get 3rd. I can’t think of a season where finishing 3rd is so important 

Edited by JimmyCant

3 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I don’t want him playing if he signs a pre with either of the @$$ cheeks. It has to be money up front now or just  bench him until June and let him be free. There’s so much conflicts of interest if it’s a pre with a league opposition. 

This

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic