** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Fraggle said:

When I had hair back in the 90s it was either side parted with a coo lick at the front or spikey. Then when I got to 17 (until about 20) it was the forward swept with the fringe pointed, I looked like a total ned! Looking back at pictures it's no wonder I used to get refused into nightclubs and bars up town 😂😂. Then got into my early 20s and had to start blade zeroing as it slowly vanished. Now my "haircuts" involve a two minute run over with a Mach3 Gillette 😂😂

Soap Bar, there's a blast from the past. 😂😂

Thats pretty much my hair evolution as well😂, now in my early 40s and sporting a "zizou", which reminds me i need to get my clippers out😂

Ah the days of soap bar, and golf baw black...happy happy  days eh😵😂

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Opinions huh ?

On December 31st we had 2 RWB’s on the books and another who could fill in.

On 31st December we had an injury prone 1st choice striker who isnt prolific . A 2nd choice who doesn’t want to be here and who isn’t good enough anyway plus a guy on loan who blows hot and cold and handful of wide forwards who aren’t scoring either

We had 1 RWB unless you're including logan?

For our formation to work better, we needed an attacking right wing back. This will(should) help our attacking play just as much as signing a striker or winger.

Whatecer striker signs, he will be back up to Boyce. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, LMc said:

You've made my point. We're going into the last half of the season with two CB's and a LB playing CB. Just saying "we have numbers" isn't fixing the problem 😑

Smith has already missed a bit of this season yet he's seen as Mr Dependable for the next six months? Folk don't even want him at the club anymore. 

I agree Kingsley is fine there but what happens if Cochrane is out? Play Halliday at LB? 

God forbid Halkett gets an injury and he needs to miss time and we would be left with one CB in a three CB defence. 

It's likely to be Cochrane Kingsley Halkett Moore Atkinson playing in defence with Micheal Smith, Andy Halliday and Peter Haring (at a push) as backup. 

We needed cover before Souttar was thinking of leaving and we still do. Kingsley Smith and Haring at CB in a worst case scenario would leave us woefully short on height and pace at the back. 

Edit. Smith hasn't missed as much time as I thought. Seemed like he was out for weeks in my head.

We can't cover every position 2/3 times over. 

Gc- nae wan. 

Kingsley  - 

Halkett - Moore / Haring

Smith - Moore/ Haring 

Aki - smith/ Moore

Cochrane  - Halliday 

Devlin - McEneff 

Beni-haring

Mckay - Gino 

GMS-Pollock / 

Boyce - new guy. 

Walker, Souttar, gnando, Woodburn away. 

Maybe a strike, a forward and defender short, but if we get a new striker we aren't far off and defensively the same as we are now. 

January isn't great for quality either. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, LMc said:

Count him as a CB if you want, it doesn't change the point.

He's a lcb in a 3 now. 

That's his position. 

He's now a CB that can cover out wide. 

Dennis Reynolds
7 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

We have 4 cb's with 2 more that can fill in. We don't need another one unless Souttar leaves. 

Ok

47 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We wouldn’t be signing him (Shankland) it would be a pre contract surely. I wouldn’t be paying money for him, even in the summer I wouldn’t. Dunno how long his contract is but he’s too big a gamble to be paying up front for

If you are going throw and band about comments, at least know what you're talking about or do a tiny amount of homework...

Dearie me 🤐

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's a lcb in a 3 now. 

That's his position. 

He's now a CB that can cover out wide. 

We just going to do this with all our players? Again, you're missing the point. Saying a player can play here if needs be isn't fixing the problem. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, LMc said:

We just going to do this with all our players? Again, you're missing the point. Saying a player can play here if needs be isn't fixing the problem. 

He's our lcb and has been there all season. 

If you don't like him, fair enough. But he's our left sided centre half in a 3.

Dennis Reynolds
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We can't cover every position 2/3 times over. 

Gc- nae wan. 

Kingsley  - 

Halkett - Moore / Haring

Smith - Moore/ Haring 

Aki - smith/ Moore

Cochrane  - Halliday 

Devlin - McEneff 

Beni-haring

Mckay - Gino 

GMS-Pollock / 

Boyce - new guy. 

Walker, Souttar, gnando, Woodburn away. 

Maybe a strike, a forward and defender short, but if we get a new striker we aren't far off and defensively the same as we are now. 

January isn't great for quality either. 

I'm not asking for 2/3 players to cover every position 😳 We're losing a CB and rather than plugging the hole with players who have very rarely, if ever, played there, I want an actual CB signed. Genuinely amazed you find this so contentious.

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

He's our lcb and has been there all season. 

If you don't like him, fair enough. But he's our left sided centre half in a 3.

If I don't like him? 🤣 Where on earth have I said that?

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, LMc said:

I'm not asking for 2/3 players to cover every position 😳 We're losing a CB and rather than plugging the hole with players who have very rarely, if ever, played there, I want an actual CB signed. Genuinely amazed you find this so contentious.

I'd like a CB signed as well, a good one. 

The problem in that it's January so I'm sure we'll get a better CB than Smith, if we do great, if not we are the same as we are now defensively, maybe beeyer if Ali is an improvement on Smith at RWB. 

Numbers are secondary to quality 

Smith playing CB isn't plugging a hole, he's a very good CB. He's proven that. 

Moore is also a natural CB so if being pendantic. 

Moore replaces Souttar, 

Smith replaces Moore

Aki replaces  Smith. 

Halkett and Kingsley as is. 

All natural positions, same defensive numbers as we've had all season. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

SomethingAboutObua

Big fan of Kingsley's but people can't seriously be suggesting they'd be comfortable with him and Halkett as the CB's in a back 4? He's a left back his whole career and has played for us as left side of a back 3, Halkett gets slaughtered when he's in a back 4 and Haring only plays CB now when we've had to take a defender off and go into a back 5. If Souttar goes the only player that you'd be comfortable having in both a 3 or the middle of a 4 man defence is Moore? 

22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I agree with your first sentence. If it is Rangers then I suppose it is a difficult one as to whether we play him or not.

We would have to give him the chance to show that he should still be part of the Scotland set up and give a thank you back to the Hearts Fans who have supported him through all his good and bad times with us.

If he looks like he is not giving 100% then it is off to train with the youth team.

If JS signs for Der Hun we owe him nothing: we need to look after ourselves and play any replacement in preference.

He has said that if he signs for them he would prefer to go in January and IMO that is because if it was simply a pre-contract and we dropped him, his Scotland place would be in jeopardy.  Unless he re-signs with us the best all round solution would therefore appear to be a January transfer for a suitable fee.  It is becoming more and more obvious his future with us is somewhat limited.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, LMc said:

If I don't like him? 🤣 Where on earth have I said that?

-Don't like him as a CB. 

You seem to arguing he's playing out of position, he's a CB. 

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

-Don't like him as a CB. 

You seem to arguing he's playing out of position, he's a CB. 

Right, no idea how you've got to that conclusion but you crack on 👍

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, LMc said:

Right, no idea how you've got to that conclusion but you crack on 👍

Ok, unsure of your point the about being low in defensive numbers and playing players not in their natural positions. 

You've lost me. 

What is your point? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

For me, Souttar potentially leaving in January changes nothing. The club should have been looking to sign a CB this window regardless to ensure that they are settled and up to speed for a potentially early start to the season next year if in Europe etc 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

If we get 500k and a 15% sell on then Souttar will be away this month. If not then he will stay until June. 

I think we might hold out for a higher fee.

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

If we get 500k and a 15% sell on then Souttar will be away this month. If not then he will stay until June. 

I don’t want him playing if he signs a pre with either of the @$$ cheeks. It has to be money up front now or just  bench him until June and let him be free. There’s so much conflicts of interest if it’s a pre with a league opposition. 

I think we could do a lot worse than signing Taylor Moore long term.  He had a poor game v Motherwell, but has looked good otherwise.  

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Big fan of Kingsley's but people can't seriously be suggesting they'd be comfortable with him and Halkett as the CB's in a back 4? He's a left back his whole career and has played for us as left side of a back 3, Halkett gets slaughtered when he's in a back 4 and Haring only plays CB now when we've had to take a defender off and go into a back 5. If Souttar goes the only player that you'd be comfortable having in both a 3 or the middle of a 4 man defence is Moore? 

We'll definitely have ramped up the hunt for a CB now we know Souttar's leaving but there's no point worrying about a back 4 when we play a back 3. Moore can step in for Souttar initially. Haring could be an option as he can pass and break from deep like Souttar. At a push Smith could play with Halkett and Kingsley but the big worry there would be a lack of height in the back 3. Moore's probably the logical replacement initially though.

Just like Souter, any decent players have options so it's not that easy to get them signed up. I would rather we used what we have than sign someone we are try to get off the books this time next year.

jamboinglasgow

So no new rumours at the moment, there was talk of possibly a signing early this week from some posters on here. Any more on that?

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I don’t want him playing if he signs a pre with either of the @$$ cheeks. It has to be money up front now or just  bench him until June and let him be free. There’s so much conflicts of interest if it’s a pre with a league opposition. 

We'll definitely play him if he stays until summer and quite right too. Pre-contracts or players playing knowing they're away at the end of the season happens all the time. In a way a pre-contract is better than a distracted player just winding down his contract. He'll be focused as his future will be sorted, and he has a new club manager to impress and a Scotland manager to convince he should be first choice CB. Plus he's a professional.

Edited by ToqueJambo

weegie jambo
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We'll definitely have ramped up the hunt for a CB now we know Souttar's leaving but there's no point worrying about a back 4 when we play a back 3. Moore can step in for Souttar initially. Haring could be an option as he can pass and break from deep like Souttar. At a push Smith could play with Halkett and Kingsley but the big worry there would be a lack of height in the back 3. Moore's probably the logical replacement initially though.

You speak like Moore is a stop gap/back up. Moore is a right sided CH just like Soutar and the ideal "permanent" replacement. From what I've seen he's every bit as good in the air and starting attacks.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, weegie jambo said:

You speak like Moore is a stop gap/back up. Moore is a right sided CH just like Soutar and the ideal "permanent" replacement. From what I've seen he's every bit as good in the air and starting attacks.

He seems decent but as a loan player he is a stop gap right now. Happy for him to take over from Souttar but we'll be looking for a CB as well.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
59 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Right wing back was far more of a priority than a back up striker. 

From what I have seen we might get as many goals from him as our other attackers before the season is out.

1 minute ago, weegie jambo said:

We’ve been assured today in this thread that Smith is as good a CB as Souttar so there’s nothing to see here if that’s the case

The White Cockade
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So no new rumours at the moment, there was talk of possibly a signing early this week from some posters on here. Any more on that?

Just start your own rumour mate

it’s all guess work on here anyway 

weegie jambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

He seems decent but as a loan player he is a stop gap right now. Happy for him to take over from Souttar but we'll be looking for a CB as well.

I'd be more than happy to have him sign on permanently, I think he "gets" Hearts too!

weegie jambo
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ve been assured today in this thread that Smith is as good a CB as Souttar so there’s nothing to see here if that’s the case

Ha ha, missed that nugget of wisdom!  Smith is fine if you have an injury and have committed all your CH's, but a replacement for Soapy????!!!!!!!! OMG

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We'll definitely play him if he stays until summer and quite right too. Pre-contracts or players playing knowing they're away at the end of the season happens all the time. In a way a pre-contract is better than a distracted player just winding down his contract. He'll be focused as his future will be sorted, and he has a new club manager to impress and a Scotland manager to convince he should be first choice CB. Plus he's a professional.

My worries are if his new club has to beat us to win the league and confirm champions league but us winning means Europa for us. With our stupid split league it can easily happen. What happens if we get drawn against his new team in the cup? I don’t want him playing. JMO.

Boyces beard

Lets be honest regarding centre backs, Kingsley although he has done well there is not a centre half (even on the left hand side of a back three). Kingsley is a left wing back or an attacking full back, he likes to take his man on when there is no pass available and has been caught out more than once this season trying to do this while playing in a back three only for Halkett, Gordon or Souttar to come to his rescue.

Halkett has had his share of mistakes aswell but thats mostly down to slack passes (which he seems to have cut out recently) its not down to him trying to beat his man while playing in a back 3.

Smith can do a job at Centre half but his lack of height is an issue and his best position is right back in a back 4, he is never a wing back but can do a job in a midfield three if needed.

Big Pete could possibly step in at Centre Half although he lacks pace and is much better in the middle of the park.

We have three Centre backs in our squad, Souttar, Halkett and Moore. With Souttar certain to be moving on at the end of the season and most likely this month we must bring in at least one comanding Centre half to replace him.

Halkett is 6'0" while Kingsley is 5'10" and smith is 5'11", thats not big enough for a back 3 especially when we have Devlin, Beni, McKay, Gino, GMS, Woodburn or Walker likely on the park at the same time.

Taylor Moore at 6'2" would have to start if Souttar goes which is fine. We are already at a disadvantage this season when defending set peices due to a lack of height which has caused us problems in most games and if Halkett or Moore where to pick up an injury after Souttar has gone then god help us.

We 100% need at least one Centre half who is at least 6'0" tall, attacks the ball and is aggresive in the air.

As things stand we would have Halkett and Boyce at 6'0" and Moore at 6'2" along with the above mentioned as its likely Harring will drop out when Cammy and Beni are available together. I would rather we find a way to get Haring in along side Cammy and Beni in the middle of the park, its where games are won and lost and that trio is as good as you are going to get outside the two cheeks. It also helps having big Pete's height to defend set pieces.

We also need another big striker to compete with Boyce, a striker who could help out at both ends, I think our management thought Nando was that player but the less said about that the better. Callum Patterson is the best Header of a ball i have seen at Hearts and someone in the same mould would be an excellent addition.

Finally we need a pacy striker who will play on the shoulder and run in behind creating more space for McKay / Gino / Woodburn ect to exploit.

Over to you Mr Savage.

5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Danny Wilson - I believe his contract in the States is up this month.

I hope we’re looking at better than Danny Wilson and his sand wedge of a left foot ;) 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Lets be honest regarding centre backs, Kingsley although he has done well there is not a centre half (even on the left hand side of a back three). Kingsley is a left wing back or an attacking full back, he likes to take his man on when there is no pass available and has been caught out more than once this season trying to do this while playing in a back three only for Halkett, Gordon or Souttar to come to his rescue.

You need to think of it in terns of a back 3 though. Tierney for example is an excellent attacking LB and LCB.  I agree about height. That's why I hope we're in for Stuart Findlay again. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Halkett has had his share of mistakes aswell but thats mostly down to slack passes (which he seems to have cut out recently) its not down to him trying to beat his man while playing in a back 3.

Smith can do a job at Centre half but his lack of height is an issue and his best position is right back in a back 4, he is never a wing back but can do a job in a midfield three if needed.

Big Pete could possibly step in at Centre Half although he lacks pace and is much better in the middle of the park.

We have three Centre backs in our squad, Souttar, Halkett and Moore. With Souttar certain to be moving on at the end of the season and most likely this month we must bring in at least one comanding Centre half to replace him.

Halkett is 6'0" while Kingsley is 5'10" and smith is 5'11", thats not big enough for a back 3 especially when we have Devlin, Beni, McKay, Gino, GMS, Woodburn or Walker likely on the park at the same time.

Taylor Moore at 6'2" would have to start if Souttar goes which is fine. We are already at a disadvantage this season when defending set peices due to a lack of height which has caused us problems in most games and if Halkett or Moore where to pick up an injury after Souttar has gone then god help us.

We 100% need at least one Centre half who is at least 6'0" tall, attacks the ball and is aggresive in the air.

As things stand we would have Halkett and Boyce at 6'0" and Moore at 6'2" along with the above mentioned as its likely Harring will drop out when Cammy and Beni are available together. I would rather we find a way to get Haring in along side Cammy and Beni in the middle of the park, its where games are won and lost and that trio is as good as you are going to get outside the two cheeks. It also helps having big Pete's height to defend set pieces.

We also need another big striker to compete with Boyce, a striker who could help out at both ends, I think our management thought Nando was that player but the less said about that the better. Callum Patterson is the best Header of a ball i have seen at Hearts and someone in the same mould would be an excellent addition.

Finally we need a pacy striker who will play on the shoulder and run in behind creating more space for McKay / Gino / Woodburn ect to exploit.

Over to you Mr Savage.

Very well put. 

Boyces beard
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

You need to think of it in terns of a back 3 though. Tierney for example is an excellent attacking LB and LCB. 

He is indeed, one of the best but he gets targeted with cross field passes in the air both for club and country which he has problems dealing with. Going forward he is class though and if we did not have Andy Robertson at Scotland Tierney would be playing his natural position as a left wing back.

HeartsandonlyHearts
10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Danny Wilson? The one who would walk on molten lava to go watch Newco? That Danny Wilson?

8 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Over to you Mr Savage.

Spot on. 

14 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Mary's Prayer is a great song.

26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we might hold out for a higher fee.

He has 6 months not 6 years left on his contract. Would you want us to pay more than half a million for a player who we could get for nothing in the summer. The important part would be the %age on the sell on clause. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Boyces beard said:

He is indeed, one of the best but he gets targeted with cross field passes in the air both for club and country which he has problems dealing with. Going forward he is class though and if we did not have Andy Robertson at Scotland Tierney would be playing his natural position as a left wing back.

We do need to replace Souttar's height, passing from deep, and runs forward. It won't be easy which is why whoever he signs for on a pre-contract I hope he stays for the rest of the season. In the current squad the players who could replace him would be between Moore and Haring. Moore has height and seems like he can play a bit. Haring can play a bit and isn't as tall but is physical enough.

49 minutes ago, bradleyHMFC said:

For me, Souttar potentially leaving in January changes nothing. The club should have been looking to sign a CB this window regardless to ensure that they are settled and up to speed for a potentially early start to the season next year if in Europe etc 

Correct 

if I’m honest, can’t wait till he leave’s

the team is bigger than him

26 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Over to you Mr Savage.

Good post. 

20 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Danny Wilson? The one who would walk on molten lava to go watch Newco? That Danny Wilson?

Did he ever get round to doing that. I’d pay to watch. 

rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Correct 

if I’m honest, can’t wait till he leave’s

the team is bigger than him

The club is bigger and will go on regardless 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic