** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I've watched a bit of Shankland at Beerschot, they are pure shite but he's been alright. His two goals were cracking finishes v Anderlecht and Genk. He's worth a punt. We could do with some pace though in the wide/inside forward areas. That wee Japanese boy looked the part, if we got someone like him and Shankland, that wouldnae be too shabby.

Was wanting us to sign him before he went to beerschot, a better natural poacher than Boyce imo, although I do think Boyce is a better all round player, exactly like you say would love us to get both the Japanese lad or Korean lad and Shankland, I just fear that the ship has sailed now? Didn't he sign a 3 or 4 year deal with them in the summer, would price us our of the market imo unless we get him on loan. I would say it's unlikely to happen.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Unknown user
2 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

From 92/97 this was basically my "do"😂..once i got into the soap bar, my eyes were pretty much the same as his as well😂

:laugh2:

I burst out laughing when my mate asked me if I had any on me. "I can see you're of an Asian persuasion" :laugh2:

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Was wanting us to sign him before he went to beerschot, a better natural poacher than Boyce imo, although I do think Boyce is a better all round player, exactly like you say would love us to get both the Japanese lad or Korean lad and Shankland, I just fear that the ship has sailed now? Didn't he sign a 3 or 4 year deal with them in the summer, would price us our of the market imo unless we get him on loan. I would say it's unlikely to happen.

Shankland's pretty pish, he certainly isn't a step up to the next level IMO

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Shankland's pretty pish, he certainly isn't a step up to the next level IMO

TBF he’s got a cracking forehead (fivehead) for the wingers to aim for. 

On 08/01/2022 at 05:23, Bongo 1874 said:

I hope Hearts make a bid for Marco Tilio. 

Getting Rave reviews for him left footed, here's a quick video of him. 

From watching him over here, he was really good last season, been a bit quieter this season but I think he's been a sub a fair bit.

as i said to Aussie Jambo, I cant believe he's not been picked up already.

I think Kisnorbo /Postecoglu/ McGowan/ Boyle will influence players coming here.
As Devlin has said and I'm sure Atkinson will say; Hearts are a stepping stone to the EPL.
Ive no problem with that as long as they put a shift in when they play for us. 👍

Aussie Jambo
1 hour ago, Sharky999 said:

From watching him over here, he was really good last season, been a bit quieter this season but I think he's been a sub a fair bit.

as i said to Aussie Jambo, I cant believe he's not been picked up already.

I think Kisnorbo /Postecoglu/ McGowan/ Boyle will influence players coming here.
As Devlin has said and I'm sure Atkinson will say; Hearts are a stepping stone to the EPL.
Ive no problem with that as long as they put a shift in when they play for us. 👍

Such a waste of an amazing prospect if he doesn’t get over to someclub in UK or Europe. Bags of potential. Everyone takes a seat on the bench. I know I did plenty. 

Aussie Jambo

As I said. Merely miffed at the waiting game yet again. Nathaniel will defo be one. 

But if Souttar, Gnado & Walker go. We are short a forward & centre back, they would need to be replaced for sure. Plus we would also need a few more options up front. Gnado will be gone for sure. That’s a no brainer. Possibly Walker?

I would say we need 5-6 players maybe?

I’d say;

Centre Back

Centre Forward x2

Right back (now covered)

Winger x2 (right & left)

If we get wingers then we can start attacking teams instead of using midfield players as wingers also, plus stronger midfield. (Frees up Mackay & Gino in midfield to get in the forward mix They can easily supply the front players as well as score. We really need to see way more attacking football this last part of the season.  We are seriously lacking in that dept and lost is a few points. 

That would be my thoughts.  

I have faith in Joe Savage and our recruitment team, let's have patience, they will deliver of that I'm sure. The futures bright, the futures maroon. 

9 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Totally. Just frustrating more than anything. Watching Sunderland Till I Die you see them trying to buy players and how much a hassle it is. Just we’ve had months knowing who was going and who we need. Just gets my goat after the first 1/3 of January we are still in the same scenario as before. Frustrating. 

So long as we don't end up paying £4 million for Will Grigg!

Aussie Jambo
40 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

So long as we don't end up paying £4 million for Will Grigg!

What did you expect with useless in charge? 😂😂

DCAE8B7A-B3C5-404F-B8ED-8888272F4A06.jpeg

Re Souttar, I think the club actually need to put a line in the sand with potential buyers the same way Dortmund did with Haaland in the summer.

Meet our valuation by x date or he’s going nowhere until the summer.

Losing him with a day or two left in window is only going to upset the team. 

if he’s going, we need time to get a replacement in.

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Re Souttar, I think the club actually need to put a line in the sand with potential buyers the same way Dortmund did with Haaland in the summer.

Meet our valuation by x date or he’s going nowhere until the summer.

Losing him with a day or two left in window is only going to upset the team. 

if he’s going, we need time to get a replacement in.

I doubt Savage is nieve  enough to get caught out like that.

David McCaig
10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

We can get another centre back before Souttar leaves. 

Taylor Moore is Souttar's replacement with Smith covering both RWB and RCH.

MR INCREDIBLE
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

TBF he’s got a cracking forehead (fivehead) for the wingers to aim for. 

:Sniper’s dream: as Bob Mortimer would say .

Just now, David McCaig said:

Taylor Moore is Souttar's replacement with Smith covering both RWB and RCH.

That’s not enough I don’t think. We have Taylor Moore and Halkett as the only two recognised centre backs. One of them gets injured and we are left with a back 3 with 2 players not in their best position as well as a lack of height/aerial ability. 

Under the floodlight
3 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

😊😊 I have a vague recollection of that, like fingerprints on an abandoned handrail.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s not enough I don’t think. We have Taylor Moore and Halkett as the only two recognised centre backs. One of them gets injured and we are left with a back 3 with 2 players not in their best position as well as a lack of height/aerial ability. 

I'd say Kingsley is now a centre half (in a 3). He's better there than left back in a 4 imo. I think he's been our most consistent outfield player.

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree with you on that - we need at least two solid centre halves IMO and a regular partnership from two of them. Soapy and Halkett were building up a good understanding and if Soapy goes I think we need a solid replacement - a Dunne type.

1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

I'd say Kingsley is now a centre half (in a 3). He's better there than left back in a 4 imo. I think he's been our most consistent outfield player.

He’s had a decent season there and smith can obviously play the other side of the three. We could no doubt scrape by for a few games if Souttar leaves but I think just one more injury on top of that and the defence doesn’t look great at all. 

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I agree with you on that - we need at least two solid centre halves IMO and a regular partnership from two of them. Soapy and Halkett were building up a good understanding and if Soapy goes I think we need a solid replacement - a Dunne type.

I think we’ll be looking to bring someone in. Would be very surprised if Souttar left and we had nobody lined up. 

Tommy Walker
40 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Will he make a fist of it ?

Rick Sanchez

I'd be perfectly happy with Moore until the summer but we would need atleast one more, even left sided to free up Kingsley.

Tommy Walker
40 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Will he make a fist of it ?

Tommy Walker
43 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Edited by Tommy Walker
duplication

Phil D. Corners
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think we’ll be looking to bring someone in. Would be very surprised if Souttar left and we had nobody lined up. 

Agreed. Just need to make sure he goes before spending the cash. 

1 minute ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Agreed. Just need to make sure he goes before spending the cash. 

I feel like I’m just disagreeing with everyone today but I’m not being deliberately contradictory. We should bring someone in as soon as possible. If Souttar leaves late in the window we don’t want to be caught out. Halkett and Kingsley free to speak to other clubs as well. Would rather have an extra player on the payroll for 5 months than be left short.

It’s probably not important though because Souttar will probably leave soon. 

David McCaig
29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We constantly need to be strengthening but with Atkinson's arrival we are probably in a neutral position with Souttar leaving.

You are right that we are slightly lacking in squad depth, but attack is now the priority area where we have a glaring weakness even at full strength.

Just now, David McCaig said:

We constantly need to be strengthening but with Atkinson's arrival we are probably in a neutral position with Souttar leaving.

You are right that we are slightly lacking in squad depth, but attack is now the priority area where we have a glaring weakness even at full strength.

That I do agree with. If we are only bringing in one player it definitely needs to be an attacker. I’m hoping we are looking at another 2-3 on top of Atkinson. 

Neverforgetfiveone
15 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Can’t help but feel we are getting left behind 

Have faith… Savage delivered in the last transfer window. We don’t actually need that much, we do need a striker and that is the area Savage said they would focus on. 

We heard very little from the transfer department in the summer and they have brought in some really good players that, I for one, had not expected or had not heard of most of the players. Those players have helped in pushing us up to the top end of table.

I will be honest, when we started this season I was very pessimistic about our chances this season. We played s**t football in the championship. This season we have transformed into one of the best footballing sides in Scotland. I look forward to going to the games again. I have pride in the team again. 

Let them (Savage and his team) get on with their business… the window is open for another 3 weeks or so. Let’s see what unfolds before we pass judgement. 

Other teams are scrambling about signing average players because they have to! They have been s**t and are chasing us! Let them panic buy…. We will stick to our guns and do what’s right for us! 

Holyrood_Hearts
4 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

As I said. Merely miffed at the waiting game yet again. Nathaniel will defo be one. 

But if Souttar, Gnado & Walker go. We are short a forward & centre back, they would need to be replaced for sure. Plus we would also need a few more options up front. Gnado will be gone for sure. That’s a no brainer. Possibly Walker?

I’d say;

Centre Back

Centre Forward x2

Right back (now covered)

Winger x2 (right & left)

If we get wingers then we can start attacking teams instead of using midfield players as wingers also, plus stronger midfield. (Frees up Mackay & Gino in midfield to get in the forward mix They can easily supply the front players as well as score. We really need to see way more attacking football this last part of the season.  We are seriously lacking in that dept and lost is a few points. 

We’ve got Gino, GMS, Woodburn, Walker  & McKay playing as wingers, problem is 2 aren’t good enough, 1 has been a disappointment, 1 can’t get a game & McKay (who’s the best of the lot) hasn’t scored yet this season. 

3 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Have faith… Savage delivered in the last transfer window. We don’t actually need that much, we do need a striker and that is the area Savage said they would focus on. 

We heard very little from the transfer department in the summer and they have brought in some really good players that, I for one, had not expected or had not heard of most of the players. Those players have helped in pushing us up to the top end of table.

I will be honest, when we started this season I was very pessimistic about our chances this season. We played s**t football in the championship. This season we have transformed into one of the best footballing sides in Scotland. I look forward to going to the games again. I have pride in the team again. 

Let them (Savage and his team) get on with their business… the window is open for another 3 weeks or so. Let’s see what unfolds before we pass judgement. 

Other teams are scrambling about signing average players because they have to! They have been s**t and are chasing us! Let them panic buy…. We will stick to our guns and do what’s right for us! 

Well said

4 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I’d say;

Centre Back

Centre Forward x2

Right back (now covered)

Winger x2 (right & left)

My main concern isn't signing new players, it's re-signing some of the stalwarts in our team like Kingsley, Haring (my 2 favourites) and Halkett. I'm sure we will lose Souttar but lets get the other re-signings done quickly AND get Moore on a pre-contract.

We knew this was coming for months. Not really sure why folk are shitting the bed?

Souttar is irreplaceable in the market we are shopping in, especially in January. He’s not even away yet. Halkett, Kingsley, Moore, Smith and Haring are still easily the best lot of defenders outside the OF and more than enough to tide us over until the summer. 

As far as getting left behind. Behind who? Hibs? All of their scattergun signings have came from a lower level and it’s debatable any of them will enhance their starting 11 or even play. If they lose Boyle it will have been a disastrous window for them. Aberdeen? Haven’t they only signed a collage soccerball player? 

We have made one signing that will play and will make us stronger. And it’s the 9th of January ffs!

fabienleclerq
48 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

I heard a radio show talking about nicknames, one was a guy with one leg longer than the other so they called him the snipers nightmare 😂

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

We knew this was coming for months. Not really sure why folk are shitting the bed?

Souttar is irreplaceable in the market we are shopping in, especially in January. He’s not even away yet. Halkett, Kingsley, Moore, Smith and Haring are still easily the best lot of defenders outside the OF and more than enough to tide us over until the summer. 

As far as getting left behind. Behind who? Hibs? All of their scattergun signings have came from a lower level and it’s debatable any of them will enhance their starting 11 or even play. If they lose Boyle it will have been a disastrous window for them. Aberdeen? Haven’t they only signed a collage soccerball player? 

We have made one signing that will play and will make us stronger. And it’s the 9th of January ffs!

I agree, except the second paragraph. We will be looking to bring in another centre back imo. That is a list of good defensive players but we need another CB. 

fabienleclerq
48 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Can’t help but feel we are getting left behind 

Left behind who? Halfway through the season and we are in third and look more like extending that lead than losing it imo. 

Hibs are rebuilding mid season with what are basically unknown, could go either way. No one else really signing anyone we should be concerned about. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I agree, except the second paragraph. We will be looking to bring in another centre back imo. That is a list of good defensive players but we need another CB. 

We do and I think we will but I won’t be losing any sleep if we don’t. Again you’ve got to look at what we’re competing against. 

Hanlon, Porteous, McGregor

Considine, Gallacher, Bates

Couldn’t even tell you who Motherwell’s CHs are tbh.

Neverforgetfiveone
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Left behind who? Halfway through the season and we are in third and look more like extending that lead than losing it imo. 

Hibs are rebuilding mid season with what are basically unknown, could go either way. No one else really signing anyone we should be concerned about. 

Correct.

Why do we need to go out and sign 5 or 6 players? In January? Never happening.

I have got no doubt that our recruitment department are working hard behind the scenes and I have every confidence that they will be in talks with all the players that are out of contract the summer. Working on a plan for the rest of the season and the longer term future.

Do you think our team are walking round the corridors of Oriam in a panic??? 

Absolutley not!

They will be focused and working on strengthening our club.

Pull yourselves together! 😎

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

We do and I think we will but I won’t be losing any sleep if we don’t. Again you’ve got to look at what we’re competing against. 

Hanlon, Porteous, McGregor

Considine, Gallacher, Bates

Couldn’t even tell you who Motherwell’s CHs are tbh.

Tbh I could have managed to name the 3 hibs defenders but would have struggled with the Aberdeen one let alone Motherwell, so can’t really comment on opposition. 

Sure, if we don’t sign one we could get by but I think we will. 

I’m pretty cool as folk have been crying out for an RWB and a striker. So far so good on the RWB and, with Gnando looking down south, we have to be working to get at least one striker in. 

Still not half way through the window yet. Folk were worrying in a similar way in the summer. 

45 minutes ago, DS98 said:

This for me.

There are people on here every transfer window shitting themselves only difference is this time we’re in a much better position with both our squad and league position.

In terms of players who will go right into the starting 11 we needed a right wing back immediately and have got one. Nearly every club is looking for a striker who can score goals in this window so like it or not it will take longer. We will be priced out of some of our targets and others will change their mind.

Just because hibs have bought a lucky bag of players doesn’t mean we have to do the same. We’ve walked down that road plenty in the past decade and it hasn’t improved us once.

1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

Agreed

I’m not worried about the transfers coming in. Atkinson looks like another one in the mould of Beni and Devlin as in young and with something to prove. 

I just wish the Souttar stuff would get wrapped up sooner rather than later. Regardless of whether he signs for an EFL side or The Rangers, he’s not going to want to get injured so I’d prefer he just go. 

Rick Sanchez

I disagree that Souttar is irreplaceable in our market. He's not all that and I've said it all along.

He's prone to lapses in concentration and his level is the English Championship. The same as Halkett has been linked with...the same as Kingsley has played in...where Moore comes from.

If we got Branthwaite or someone similar as a short term replacement then we'll be fine.

51 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’d agree and I think we will if Souttar goes this window.  The club will have an indication of what’s happening with Souttar and act accordingly.  

Kingsley is very good in a 3 but I’m not sure if we reverted to a traditional back 4 he comes across as a natural centre back?   You’ve got Moore(Who is naturally a CB but played wing back) and Halkett who are CBs.  I’d say we need a CB if Souttar is on his way, even if another quality loan. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This for me.

There are people on here every transfer window shitting themselves only difference is this time we’re in a much better position with both our squad and league position.

In terms of players who will go right into the starting 11 we needed a right wing back immediately and have got one. Nearly every club is looking for a striker who can score goals in this window so like it or not it will take longer. We will be priced out of some of our targets and others will change their mind.

Just because hibs have bought a lucky bag of players doesn’t mean we have to do the same. We’ve walked down that road plenty in the past decade and it hasn’t improved us once.

Good post. Things are improving, the players that we can attract will be much greater. Only a year ago we were playing in the Championship. Let's just wait on the recruitment team doing their job. If that takes until 31st January, so be it. Everyone would like business to be wrapped up early. It is not just what Hearts want, players and other clubs need to be satisfied too. There will be little/no players out of contract so January is always a more difficult time to negotiate good deals.

8 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Shankland on the bbc begging for a return!

I’d take Shankland… there’s obviously a goal scorer in there and RN knows how to get a tune out of him. He may not be ‘proven’ at this level, but I wouldn’t be disappointed if he joins us. I don’t think he’d be able to kick a ball until next season, however, given what others have said. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic