** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If Souttar,Walker and Gnanduillet are off ski Savage is going to be a busy man.

He better be..

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If Souttar,Walker and Gnanduillet are off ski Savage is going to be a busy man.

Yup, before this window I calculated the first team squad as 22 players (which included Cammy Logan and Finlay Pollok (as Logan was back up and Pollok was used frequently in the league cup.) Since then Logan has gone out on loan and Atkinson has signed (arrival in Edinburgh imminent. So we are still at the 22. 

Losing those 3 would put us down to 19, which to put it into perspective means we have 1 spare senior player if we fill a full 18 man squad. Though with SPFL possibly increasing subs to 5 a game and 9 players on the bench for the rest of the season, then every match would require an Under 18 (not counting Pollok.) For a squad which was very small prior to the window and is underestimated how well we have kept players fit, we do need a few signings especially if we lose those 3.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

They don’t grow on trees but I’d rather we hunted for a Zeefuik style forward.

Even if for next season.  

Any tree Zeefuick was on would break.

Lone Striker
16 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Like Henderson , my only doubt was he lacked confidence .

If he is thinking of signing for Alloa it doesn't suggest that has improved

Maybe he just relates better to Barry Ferguson than he does to Robbie ?    Just checked their squad - the great Connor Sammon is there too !!       So is Adam King. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Let's hope he signs and you are gutted would be delighted.

Why would a I be gutted?

Hearts of Vladland
Just now, tynietigers said:

JS is not away down England today 👍🏻 Maybe his agent is 🤔 but he isn’t 

Wrong JS

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Just looked Shaw up as haven’t really been following his career. Why has he caught your eye?

16 goals in his best 2 seasons in the SPFL. Scoring 1 in 2 for Kilmarnock so far this season (7 in 13) But mostly he is still young (23) and he has room to improve. Shankland is at peak age, you’re not going to coach improvement into him.

Shaw isn’t someone I’d necessarily champion but if we’re talking someone with unrealised potential who knows his way about the league, I’d pick him over Shankland. 

Although I do think we are looking way above this kind of level.

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Joe Savage, i believe he was meaning.

He isn’t due to be back until Monday so I don’t know 👍🏻

Just now, JimmyCant said:

16 goals in his best 2 seasons in the SPFL. Scoring 1 in 2 for Kilmarnock so far this season (7 in 13) But mostly he is still young (23) and he has room to improve. Shankland is at peak age, you’re not going to coach improvement into him.

Shaw isn’t someone I’d necessarily champion but if we’re talking someone with unrealised potential I’d pick him over Shankland. 

Makes sense👍 

Ainsley Harriott

Hahaha Shankland this place is so predictable. No rumours so let's just churn out the Lafferty or Shankland chat 

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Shaw isn’t someone I’d necessarily champion but if we’re talking someone with unrealised potential who knows his way about the league, I’d pick him over Shankland. 

That’s not a bad shout mate. Would be brilliant to have Shaw come to us and light his game on fire whilst Hibs regret letting him go. Would be our version of Cummings situation 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Likley you would be.

Why?

You are making no sense.

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Perhaps. But that was last summer and was undoubtedly intended as a wee but of fun. There was no intention to mislead or act like something I’m not. You may have noticed the “Whelms” chat is not happening on this thread, despite some others (as in, not me) bringing it up or the odd horse quest emoji, I’ve purposely not brought that chat back in because people like yourself took umbrage to it.

I've also retired 'today is the day' just so people don't moan. Summer though👀

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Lee Dong Jun 👀

I'm not itk, just googling the name!

Edited by August Landmesser

BackOfTheNet
25 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I've also retired 'today is the day' just so people don't moan. Summer though👀

Imagine you break it out of retirement and it happens though! :lol:

Lone Striker
37 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not a bad shout -  a product of our academy too.   If he was to get a decent scoring record going in a Hearts jersey, the seethe from Lochend would be glorious.  

I think we're aiming higher than Shaw though. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Pots and Kettles.

you ok?

You are speaking in riddles and making no sense.

Explain your daft comments, or are you just trolling like normal?

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

So cutting through the bollocks on here - no news then?

It appears a dong has appeared in front of the bollocks. 
So business as usual. 

BackOfTheNet

On that BT Score thing Chris Sutton is reporting on the Blackburn game and he’s mentioned their captain, centre-back Darragh Lenihan, has went off injured and that he hopes it isn’t as bad as it looks as he could be out for some time. Might change Blackburn’s persistence in terms of chasing Souttar.

kingantti1874
59 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Shankland got Dundee United out the championship done nothing in the Premier league no thanks

just demonstrates that you zero knowledge of how Dundee United played last season.  They were probably the most defensive team I’ve ever seen. Lack of chances created doesn’t cover it

42 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Lee Dong Jun 👀

Some haircut on the lad.

image.jpeg.5063628a653f93356efae138d483f2a4.jpeg

Edited by Batistuta87

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

just demonstrates that you zero knowledge of how Dundee United played last season.  They were probably the most defensive team I’ve ever seen. Lack of chances created doesn’t cover it

They were absolute shite. He's clinical and not afraid to have a ping, which is why I would now take him if he's available on the cheap. Been strongly against signing him because he was going to be over priced, but would take him now since they just want rid of him and he will actually hit a shot when he gets the chance. Like you say, they created very little and barely ever had the ball in the box. Fuchs and Butcher just hacked everyone then their full backs would attempt to go up the wing, shit the bed, and knock it into midfield, then they'd put it back to defence. They rinsed and repeated that move all season and must have been so bad to watch from the stands. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

They were absolute shite. He's clinical and not afraid to have a ping, which is why I would now take him if he's available on the cheap. Been strongly against signing him because he was going to be over priced, but would take him now since they just want rid of him and he will actually hit a shot when he gets the chance. Like you say, they created very little and barely ever had the ball in the box. Fuchs and Butcher just hacked everyone then their full backs would attempt to go up the wing, shit the bed, and knock it into midfield, then they'd put it back to defence. They rinsed and repeated that move all season and must have been so bad to watch from the stands. 

Are we after him or has jkb just came full circle? 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Are we after him or has jkb just came full circle? 

Aye JKB circles mate haha. Papers linking him with a return to Scotland without naming a club, but he could only go to DUFC this window because you can't play for more than two teams in a season. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye JKB circles mate haha. Papers linking him with a return to Scotland without naming a club, but he could only go to DUFC this window because you can't play for more than two teams in a season. 

Ahh, cheers. 

Would be a bit of a shite January transfer Tbh. 

Need a striker for the rest of this season, buy one who can't play. 

One would say, Savage wouldn't be looking too clever. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Imagine you break it out of retirement and it happens though! :lol:

Might fire one out on Monday or Tuesday, try to keep up my ITK status

Shankland scored 8 goals in a incredibly defensive Dundee Utd side, as well as his record in the championship that is far better than Zac Rudden. I remember listening to a podcast and when he got his call up to the Scotland squad the players were very impressed with him. I think he’d be a very good signing if it makes sense financially. Not many natural goal scorers available. 

Just now, karipidis said:

Shankland scored 8 goals in a incredibly defensive Dundee Utd side, as well as his record in the championship that is far better than Zac Rudden. I remember listening to a podcast and when he got his call up to the Scotland squad the players were very impressed with him. I think he’d be a very good signing if it makes sense financially. Not many natural goal scorers available. 

Far too sensible a post for the Dong etc crew on here.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ahh, cheers. 

Would be a bit of a shite January transfer Tbh. 

Need a striker for the rest of this season, buy one who can't play. 

One would say, Savage wouldn't be looking too clever. 

Definitely not a January transfer. I'd be happy with someone who would add 8-10 goals a season to whatever Boyce gets and I've no doubt Shankland could manage that. But aye, maybe one for 2nd choice striker next season if the price is right.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic