** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

If some are intent on signing ex players- Muirhead, Reilly, Oliver, Morrison and Keena all scored today. *

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Shankland scored 8 goals in a incredibly defensive Dundee Utd side, as well as his record in the championship that is far better than Zac Rudden. I remember listening to a podcast and when he got his call up to the Scotland squad the players were very impressed with him. I think he’d be a very good signing if it makes sense financially. Not many natural goal scorers available. 

spot on.  If you can find a finisher you take him.   

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Shankland scored 8 goals in a incredibly defensive Dundee Utd side, as well as his record in the championship that is far better than Zac Rudden. I remember listening to a podcast and when he got his call up to the Scotland squad the players were very impressed with him. I think he’d be a very good signing if it makes sense financially. Not many natural goal scorers available. 

Makes sense and Tbh I think we are more set up to accommodate him now than before. 

31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

spot on.  If you can find a finisher you take him.   

I thought that of Wighton. Huge mistake. 

5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Wighton never had a good scoring record before he signed for us. 

I've watched a bit of Shankland at Beerschot, they are pure shite but he's been alright. His two goals were cracking finishes v Anderlecht and Genk. He's worth a punt. We could do with some pace though in the wide/inside forward areas. That wee Japanese boy looked the part, if we got someone like him and Shankland, that wouldnae be too shabby.

south morocco
12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I've watched a bit of Shankland at Beerschot, they are pure shite but he's been alright. His two goals were cracking finishes v Anderlecht and Genk. He's worth a punt. We could do with some pace though in the wide/inside forward areas. That wee Japanese boy looked the part, if we got someone like him and Shankland, that wouldnae be too shabby.

Would be a decent singing if we give the the service. Looks like we can’t this season anyway so irrelevant until the summer but 6 months is along time and other opportunities will probably be available then

6 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Would be a decent singing if we give the the service. Looks like we can’t this season anyway so irrelevant until the summer but 6 months is along time and other opportunities will probably be available then

True. I'm sure we'll have something up our sleeves.

Just to clarify, as I've said before I'm not ITK I don't want to be labelled with that tag, all i post is rumours and info I've been given, please don't take it seriously, I also give my opinion on players that have been linked, all opinions are my own. 

This month is an exciting month for a lot of posters who just want to see there team do well and progress, I appreciate any info or rumours posted on here by others, as long as it's not Tony 😂(Toby) Sibbick 2.5 year deal Hibs 😂

Just to clarify, as I've said before I'm not ITK I don't want to be labelled with that tag, all i post is rumours and info I've been given, please don't take it seriously, I also give my opinion on players that have been linked, all opinions are my own. 

This month is an exciting month for a lot of posters who just want to see there team do well and progress, I appreciate any info or rumours posted on here by others, as long as it's not Tony 😂(Toby) Sibbick 2.5 year deal Hibs 😂

5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If Souttar,Walker and Gnanduillet are off ski Savage is going to be a busy man.

We are looking at bringing in 3 or 4.

5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If Souttar,Walker and Gnanduillet are off ski Savage is going to be a busy man.

🙏

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Any Asian signings that you know of?

Heard nothing in terms of names other than Delap at City.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

wighton was never a finisher though. His go scoring record abysmal in every league. 

shankland will score goals if he gets the service.. which he didn’t get last year with dufc

Edited by kingantti1874

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Some haircut on the lad.

image.jpeg.5063628a653f93356efae138d483f2a4.jpeg

The 90s called, said they wanted their curtains back! 

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

And Tony Mowbrys monkey wants its arse back

Aussie Jambo

Déjà vu. 

1/3 of the month nearly gone. 

Not a peep and no new signing?  It’ll be like last transfer window. Devlin (now Atkinson) waiting on visas. I’m starting to get a bit worried. 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Déjà vu. 

Not a peep and no new signing?  It’ll be like last transfer window. Devlin (now Atkinson) waiting on visas. I’m starting to get a bit worried. 

The last transfer window was good, so I'm not sure why that's a worry.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, it'll probably be like almost every January window we've ever had: next to **** all for three weeks and then a flurry of activity at the end.

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Déjà vu. 

I’m not worried. I feel as long as we strengthen where people leave we’ll be fine. If players leave and don’t get replaced, or indeed replaced by lesser talents - or for some reason players who can’t play for us as they’ve also registered with 2 teams this season yet a lot of sections of our support still inexplicably scream “get it done” - then I’d be worried.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

copa-mundial

Most, if not all of us have heard Joe Savages interview on how he goes about his business. 

Patience is key here. January is a tough window.

I have full faith in JS to come up with the goods. Still plenty time yet. Both he and RN knew what positions we are light in. They'll come up with the goods. 

Aussie Jambo
4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

The last transfer window was good, so I'm not sure why that's a worry.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, it'll probably be like almost every January window we've ever had: next to **** all for three weeks and then a flurry of activity at the end.

Totally. Just frustrating more than anything. Watching Sunderland Till I Die you see them trying to buy players and how much a hassle it is. Just we’ve had months knowing who was going and who we need. Just gets my goat after the first 1/3 of January we are still in the same scenario as before. Frustrating. 

Rick Sanchez

We're probably waiting for our number one candidates unfortunately. They'll take their sweet time deciding. Just hope we don't leave it too late.

14 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Totally. Just frustrating more than anything. Watching Sunderland Till I Die you see them trying to buy players and how much a hassle it is. Just we’ve had months knowing who was going and who we need. Just gets my goat after the first 1/3 of January we are still in the same scenario as before. Frustrating. 

I'd expect the targets are identified and probably have been for a while. The trouble is most players are under contract in January and clubs want to make sure their replacement is lined up before letting go - even Liverpool were reluctant to let Woodburn go earlier than they needed to. Even when the other club isn't the issue, you also get players who want to wait and see what their options are before committing. That's why things tend to happen last minute.

I posted this last month btw, looks like it's coming true so far:

I'm expecting the usual January window in which people panic about the perceived lack of activity for the first 2/3 weeks and then hail it as our best window in x years when we sign a couple of players in the last week. Happens every single year.:lol:

Edited by DC_92

35 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Déjà vu. 

What's to be worried about? Good squad already, third in the league, supposed very good player already signed and still the vast majority of the month to go.

Aussie Jambo
6 minutes ago, Homme said:

What's to be worried about? Good squad already, third in the league, supposed very good player already signed and still the vast majority of the month to go.

Worried ... might be a tad dramatical I will admit. But yes we have a good team but losing a possible 3. They as previously stated will need replacing. Then we have to strengthen our team more. So we are basically looking at 5-6 players in. We have Atkinson just waiting on visas. But we need at least 3 front players and possibly another defender. 

Its just more frustrating going through the daily rigmarole of looking for something and finding nothing. 

Aussie Jambo
25 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Joe Savage keeps his dealings, like a fish's arse, watertight. Good on him say I.

oh-omg.gif

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

🤦🏻‍♂️

jamboinglasgow
20 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Worried ... might be a tad dramatical I will admit. But yes we have a good team but losing a possible 3. They as previously stated will need replacing. Then we have to strengthen our team more. So we are basically looking at 5-6 players in. We have Atkinson just waiting on visas. But we need at least 3 front players and possibly another defender. 

Its just more frustrating going through the daily rigmarole of looking for something and finding nothing. 

To be fair, its understandable.

We are having to put a lot of trust into Savage and his team that things being quiet are down to keep leaks to a minimum and that they will produces the goods rather than nothing is working and its going to be a disaster of a window. The summer shows why we can trust them, many people were really worried that as we were coming to the start of the league season we only made 1 signing who was not there the previous season, but in about 5 weeks we had signed 5 players who made a difference to our squad (Devlin, Beni and Mckay had a big impact, Woodburn and Moore had a decent impact.)

This window its easy to forget we have already made a signing in Nathaniel Atkinson, who fixes an issue with the team, where we need an attacking wing back, Smith and Moore can fill in, but Atkinson fits what we need. 

I do think the fact we made a bid for the Japanese striker before the window does suggest we are making our moves quickly, I can also imagine that is not the only bids for players we have made its just the one that leaked out. My hope is that there is a few players we have bid and agreed deals with the club that are close to completion. Something that struck me from the Atkinson announcement (or it was in the Evening News just before it was announced) was that we had already had the SFA work permit exemption agreed (it was just paperwork on the visa that needed to go through) which suggests the deal was done long before we announced it.

I think we just need to buckle in, and not panic till the last few days of the window if nothing has happened.

43 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

We needed a right wing back, we've signed one. 

I have no doubts we'll sign another striker to replace Gnando. 

We can't do anything centre back wise until we know if Souttar is going this month or not. 

If Souttar stays until the end of the season then we're not in any worse a position than what we were last month. 

How many players were you expecting? 

6 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

We needed a right wing back, we've signed one. 

I have no doubts we'll sign another striker to replace Gnando. 

We can't do anything centre back wise until we know if Souttar is going this month or not. 

If Souttar stays until the end of the season then we're not in any worse a position than what we were last month. 

How many players were you expecting? 

We can get another centre back before Souttar leaves. 

1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Who is definitely going like? 

John Findlay
44 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think we just need to buckle in, and not panic till the last few days of the window if nothing has happened.

Even then I won't be panicking.

1 minute ago, pointon said:

😂😂😂😂 good old blowfish 

He never lets you down.

Unlike his team.  

:rofl: 

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We can get another centre back before Souttar leaves. 

We can but do we need one if Souttar stays for the rest of the season?

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Fraggle said:

From 92/97 this was basically my "do"😂..once i got into the soap bar, my eyes were pretty much the same as his as well😂

4 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

We can but do we need one if Souttar stays for the rest of the season?

I think it would be wise. We only really have three proper centre backs. Plus if Souttar dithers and goes towards the end of the window we might be left short. 

I think we will sign one. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think it would be wise. We only really have three proper centre backs. Plus if Souttar dithers and goes towards the end of the window we might be left short. 

I think we will sign one. 

I think there will be a plan in place if Souttar does decide to go but I don't think we'll sign one if he stays. 

Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley and Moore should be enough. 

Smith and Cochrane can also fill in also. 

We will need a few in the summer though! 

8 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I think there will be a plan in place if Souttar does decide to go but I don't think we'll sign one if he stays. 

Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley and Moore should be enough. 

Smith and Cochrane can also fill in also. 

We will need a few in the summer though! 

We’ll see what happens. I think a striker, maybe two, will be priority. I’ve got a feeling we’ll find out about Souttar next week but not based on anything really. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’ll see what happens. I think a striker, maybe two, will be priority. I’ve got a feeling we’ll find out about Souttar next week but not based on anything really. 

Ideally it's sorted sooner rather later. 

A striker is a must. Even if it is just a loan deal until the summer. 

I think the summer window will be massive for us. Get Kingsley, Halkett and Haring signed up then we can focus on getting 4 or 5 quality players in. Optimistic about us in the transfer market these days, changed days! 

3 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Déjà vu. 

2 sides to the coin mate. If we sign a bunch of players early on there'll be plenty saying we're rushing into things and should have waited until later in the window to see if better players were available. However, there'll also be others saying we should get the signings in the door as early as possible to give them as long as possible to settle and the team to gel etc. I guess the best thing is to judge it at the end of the window. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic