** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yip, pretty sure the Rangers game was a 5pm kick off for SKY. Boycie and Toby’s debuts. 

3pm as wel Boyce debut and winner. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I've never seen him so this may be a little unfair on him, but smacks of trying to palm off their crap!

Think he had one particularly bad game last season and the fans decided he was pish. Don't see him getting a game under Van Bronkhorst so if we got a decent wedge plus him for Souttar and he's not on big wages, might be decent back up to Sibbick, if the plan is to play Toby at CH that is. 

5 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

who's McGrath ?

St Mirren attacking mid. Well thought of and out of contract in the summer. Linked with Aberdeen before and Hibs last summer

12 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

This tweet makes more sense now 

I know more about our signings than Barry Anderson and I know the square root of **** all!!

Just now, Newton51 said:

St Mirren attacking mid. Well thought of and out of contract in the summer. Linked with Aberdeen before and Hibs last summer

thanks

5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Jamie McGrath, St Mirren. Always been impressed when I've seen him play. Hate to say it but would be a great signing for Hibs. 

They must have around 20 midfielders on their book and everyone of them.is utter dross and I Inc McGrath in that in advance,  another myth of a player .

jamboinglasgow

Love that, a great signing on a long contract, out of the blue (only hint was that Sibbick may move to Scotland) and randomly at 8pm on Thursday.

22 years old and great potential to improve, hes versatile and knows the club already. Well done Joe Savage and the recruitment team.

As others have said, this window has been fantastic, Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett on long term deals, Smith on another year. We have improved our right back/right wing back, with Gnanduillet out and Simms in we have strengthened up front, and now cushioned the blow of losing Souttar. If that was all our business this window then it has been fanastic but I reckon 1 more signing before 11pm on Monday.

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Makes me laugh seeing people tweet asking him questions about players, he is as much in the dark as all of us about signings, gets all his info from here.

Haha god help him this place has had zero correct info in about 3 years 

26 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

No,  will be small quick player.

Something makes me think your alluding to a certain Japanese player 🤔

6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yip, pretty sure the Rangers game was a 5pm kick off for SKY. Boycie and Toby’s debuts. 

It was 12 or 1230, it was an early kick off. Sibbick announced the Friday night and Boyce announced hours before.

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

**** me, slagging someones hair is now  "racist". 

It often is based in racism, yes.  

Just now, Newton51 said:

Is the stumbling block with Hibs the lad won’t change his name to McGinn?

4 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Telling a black man to cut his afro does in fact, objectively, stem from racist and prejudicial hiring practices dating back to the civil rights era in the US.

When you do that you're basically telling them that their natural hair doesn't fit in with your conventional western appearance standards.

Perhaps the poster didn't mean it in that way but it remains a fact that the practice of telling black men to cut their afros has a very problematic history.

I'm not gonna argue about it any further. I want to get excited about Sibbick now!

Excited about Sibbick!  Confused as to why anyone would tell a black man to cut their hair.  

49 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

100% we are building a great squad just need more belief from the manager against the ugly sisters. 

Best thing we are signing quality 

Play 4 up front next time instead of 3?

We need fans to understand football finances and preferably ones that can see the blatantly obvious!

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Love that, a great signing on a long contract, out of the blue (only hint was that Sibbick may move to Scotland) and randomly at 8pm on Thursday.

22 years old and great potential to improve, hes versatile and knows the club already. Well done Joe Savage and the recruitment team.

As others have said, this window has been fantastic, Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett on long term deals, Smith on another year. We have improved our right back/right wing back, with Gnanduillet out and Simms in we have strengthened up front, and now cushioned the blow of losing Souttar. If that was all our business this window then it has been fanastic but I reckon 1 more signing before 11pm on Monday.

👍🇱🇻❤️👍

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just softening is up for Souttar leaving in the morning IMO. But onwards and upwards Long live Toby, Souttar is dead to me now!

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I know more about our signings than Barry Anderson and I know the square root of **** all!!

To be fair he called the Ellis simms loan before it was anywhere 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Telling a black man to cut his afro does in fact, objectively, stem from racist and prejudicial hiring practices dating back to the civil rights era in the US.

When you do that you're basically telling them that their natural hair doesn't fit in with your conventional western appearance standards.

Perhaps the poster didn't mean it in that way but it remains a fact that the practice of telling black men to cut their afros has a very problematic history.

I'm not gonna argue about it any further. I want to get excited about Sibbick now!

Absolute shite and such shite should be taken to the shed. 

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Completely agree. 
With the signing of Atkinson and Sibbick we now have a very athletic team with good ball players further forward. 

6 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Excited about Sibbick!  Confused as to why anyone would tell a black man to cut their hair.  

Ha, even better when you just realise this signing from looking  at another thread! Souttar and his pre contract. Great signing .

Edited by Riccarton3

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

**** me, slagging someones hair is now  "racist". 

That’s the true racists mate. The people that want to boil everything down to race. The white supremacists who hate themselves and need to virtue signal by sticking up for the lesser humans, as they see them, at every turn. It’s beyond parody. Glad somebody else noticed to be honest. Pathetic stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Just softening is up for Souttar leaving in the morning IMO. But onwards and upwards Long live Toby, Souttar is dead to me now!

I agree that Souttar is going soon. Won’t be here by Saturday is my guess. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Worth watching this which explains about Black people's hair and the problem they face.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It often is based in racism, yes.  

That's some jump taken from a post on a forum. 

It's often just folk slagging a hair cut with race nothing to do with it. 

McKay for one has had a few comments. 

Absolute a giant leap to make and one that does not need to be made. 

Actually quite offensive to make that leap Tbh. No need. 

2 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

That’s the true racists mate. The people that want to boil everything down to race. The white supremacists who hate themselves and need to virtue signal by sticking up for the lesser humans, as they see them, at every turn. It’s beyond parody. Glad somebody else noticed to be honest. Pathetic stuff. 

Satire isn’t dead. 

2 hours ago, tazhearts said:

I thought Bongo was ITK?

I'm not buying the line "Henderson going back out on loan which would free up a space for the Japanese lad".

Us signing Ogashiwa isn't dependent on us having to let someone leave first. It's purely down to his clubs reluctance to sell him in this window.

Why on earth did you think that? 

Great signing and thread but few spoilers want to dampen the great feeling and buzz

Never get a nod in the real world  these downers

Im out 

Edited by Drew Wallace

2 hours ago, tazhearts said:

I'm still confused as to what Henderson has to do with us signing Ogashiwa.

Can you confirm that Hearts are still actively trying to so sign Ogashiwa in this transfer window?  A simple yes, no or I don't know will suffice 🤣

Absolutely nothing, is the answer to the bit in bold which, coincidentally, is also the answer to the question how much does Bongo actually know about our transfer dealings!

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Worth watching this which explains about Black people's hair and the problem they face.

This shite is for the shed. 

I avoid the shed. 

Mckay for one has had is hair cut slagged in jest. 

Lots of players get their appearances slagged, to jump to the race card is poor. 

Really poor. 

15 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Something makes me think your alluding to a certain Japanese player 🤔

We are after pace and energy all over the pitch. Toby has pace to burn. Something we have not had in defence and need in modern day football. Liking what are trying to do.

Great news, welcome back Toby. Several pages ago ITK people were saying no-one was coming in. Queue 2 players arrived in the last 2 days and a chance 2 more in and out.

Unless your part of Joes close knit group you know very little regarding our transfer movement- just the way it should be.

great window and the way our club should be run 👍

Edited by adam1998

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Predator is back! Get those dreds back anaw 😍

Did you not get the memo about commenting on a black mans hair you racist? 🤣

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

We are after pace and energy all over the pitch. Toby has pace to burn. Something we have not had in defence and need in modern day football. Liking what are trying to do.

You swerved that question well 🙄

A_A wehatethehibs

Delighted to hear Sibbick has joined. Good pedigree and just the age group we are after, gives him a great platform to make a name for himself and grow as a player. Unfinished business, looking forward to seeing him get on the park a really important signing for us 

2 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Did you not get the memo about commenting on a black mans hair you racist? 🤣

Shocking ain't it :laugh:

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

My one and only comment on this because it really doesn't belong in this thread however he's right and, to be honest, I'm surprised you disagree.

24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It was 12 or 1230, it was an early kick off. Sibbick announced the Friday night and Boyce announced hours before.

Yeah, think I’m getting mixed up with the cup game that follow a few weeks later. 

11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

This shite is for the shed. 

I avoid the shed. 

Mckay for one has had is hair cut slagged in jest. 

Lots of players get their appearances slagged, to jump to the race card is poor. 

Really poor. 

Take a step away from the keyboard ...

Hopefully an awesome signing! Showed he was decent even in the 2 games previously! Time to prove himself and kick one, another striker and I think we are set for the 2nd half of the season!