** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not dissing Souttar but we can’t afford a readymade player like him. 

Absolutely true. Be unfair on Toby to expect the same level. Might take a little time for our unit to gel, but we have a cushion if Souttar leaves immediately and good quality to defend as a team 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

22 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Not entirely true, according to his Wikipedia page...

Toby Peter Sibbick (born 23 May 1999) is an English footballer who plays as a defender for Scottish Premiership club Hearts. He also had the chance to play for Hibs just prior to signing for Hearts, but told them they were shite and ram it.

😂

16 minutes ago, Four faces said:

No.I think you will find it was a midweek fixture.

Think you will find it was a miserable Saturday afternoon in Perth. The afternoon that Sean Clare rescued us in stoppage time. 

24 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Still hope of japanese lad. We are after another number 10 like player.

McGrath?

7 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Both signed from the same page in the phone book

Lazy lazy scouting in my opinion

Maybe explains the delay in getting players in though, had to get to the letter S before identifying new recruits.  Probably skimmed past the Ms, let Hibs have that one.

It will be really interesting to see where we play him long term.  Has he been signed to play in the back three? Or as a long term replacement for Haring? Or as a utility man?

Either way if we are planning to run with a small squad then he is the type of player we need. I reckon he could cover centre defence, right wing back and centre midfield.

17 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

I like this new tactic we have where we just sign players who are actually good. Really think we could be on to something with it. 

😄

A simple philosophy but it frequently went over the head of limbo Levein.

What a difference, now.

Thank feck.

1 minute ago, tazhearts said:

It will be really interesting to see where we play him long term.  Has he been signed to play in the back three? Or as a long term replacement for Haring? Or as a utility man?

Either way if we are planning to run with a small squad then he is the type of player we need. I reckon he could cover centre defence, right wing back and centre midfield.

Going by the announcement on the website he's been signed as a centre half.

1 minute ago, tazhearts said:

Replacement for Souttar is my take on it or at least to compete for that position. Still think JS will be away by Monday night. 

Welcome to Hearts Toby Sibbick, great signing who gives us the option to play him at right back, centre back or centre midfield. 

Well done Hearts and club 👏👍

4 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

RCB I expect. Straight replacement for Souttar

6'2", mobile and can carry the ball forward.

Be very surprised if that slot wadn't earmarked for him.

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Going by the announcement on the website he's been signed as a centre half.

He can play in other positions though, so good to have another versatile player in the squad.

All roads lead to Gorgie

He looked the part but didn't he go down with glandular fever or something like that and it meant he dropped out of the team. A fully fit Sibbick will be a great addition I'm sure. 

Welcome back Toby

Just read an article The bigman Toby Sibbick 3.5yr deal :thumbsup:

Hope he has a better run of games this time round.   I'm pleased with this signing.  Bit of a surprise.   Just chatting on here about him earlier.   

Any more surprises?  ☺ 

16 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Your opinion 

Deffo your post count bores the shite of me

Cant enjoy the moment ,, snivel away 

How long did he have remaining on his Barnsley contract?

Edit: it was 2023 so we must have paid a decent fee for him.

Edited by andrew

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

You’ve changed your tune. 😄

That annoys me a bit dave 😂, will I ever be Robbies biggest fan? Definitely not. 

But i like to think I'm fair in criticism and give a fair opinion, he has us 3rd and last time i checked we are still in the Scottish cup? 

There has been a lot of improvement within team and recruitment, so it's only fair to give praise when they do right, 

Do I think Robbie is the man to split the old firm personally no, but he has improved the team, and should be given the chance to build a team to do so. 

So how can i possibly come on here and talk him down he's shut a lot of people up. 

First half last night was pish, but second half he made changes and we were by far the better team. 

We could've won it tbh. 

Apart from that he's done a good job, he also seems to be getting it right recruitment wise under Savage, under Levein it just wasn't the same. 

Long may it continue and keep proving the doubters and me wrong. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, andrew said:

How long did he have remaining on his Barnsley contract?

Edit: it was 2023 so we must have paid a decent fee for him.

Our owners are footballer farmers, it’s all about improving young players and selling them for a profit, they’ll have accepted a lower fee, for a bigger sell on percentage, you’ll not have paid a lot for him. 

Jack Torrance
11 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Still gives me the fear seeing that imposter in goals. 

Haha I know. Was thinking the same when I watched it. It's like a bad dream.

3 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Does his signing mean a perm deal for Moore isn't likely? Or just extra cover if/when Soapy's off. 

I'm not sure, Moore I think still has another year on his deal with Bristol City at the end of the season, so would involve a transfer fee if we wanted to sign him permanently.  Moore seems to be 4th choice CB at the moment, really only starts there if someone else is injured, and we've even played Smith as CB ahead of him.

I see Moore as a decent squad player, he's also covered RWB and done OK, but our signing policy now seems to be focused on quality over quantity.  We aren't signing players to fill out the squad, but to improve the first team.

The more we get it right, the more it means that players who were previously first choices drop down the pecking order and become squad players, and previous squad players become surplus to requirements.

4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Hearing from a mate who's source he trusts that Rangers are going to test our mettle with 400K plus Jack Simpson for Souttar before the deadline. 

I've never seen him so this may be a little unfair on him, but smacks of trying to palm off their crap!

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I've never seen him so this may be a little unfair on him, but smacks of trying to palm off their crap!

was highly regarded. Hasn’t worked out at rangers but would’nt be averse to it.. a number of championship teams interested by all accounts 

Edited by kingantti1874

Hi Toby it’s Hibs here…. Toby Toby Toby are you still there….

Hi Toby Joe Savage here from Hearts…. that’s him signed Robbie…

13 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Does his signing mean a perm deal for Moore isn't likely? Or just extra cover if/when Soapy's off. 

Wouldn’t have thought we will ant him after this season. He hasnt really  managed to make it into the team in the position he was signed for. Signing Sibbick suggests we won’t offer him another deal. 

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, cookieboy said:

who's McGrath ?

Jamie McGrath, St Mirren. Always been impressed when I've seen him play. Hate to say it but would be a great signing for Hibs. 

38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I was there. 

3-3 match Saturday 1st February 2020

Yip, pretty sure the Rangers game was a 5pm kick off for SKY. Boycie and Toby’s debuts. 

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

This tweet makes more sense now 

Makes me laugh seeing people tweet asking him questions about players, he is as much in the dark as all of us about signings, gets all his info from here.

PhoenixHearts
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

**** me, slagging someones hair is now  "racist". 

Telling a black man to cut his afro does in fact, objectively, stem from racist and prejudicial hiring practices dating back to the civil rights era in the US.

When you do that you're basically telling them that their natural hair doesn't fit in with your conventional western appearance standards.

Perhaps the poster didn't mean it in that way but it remains a fact that the practice of telling black men to cut their afros has a very problematic history.

I'm not gonna argue about it any further. I want to get excited about Sibbick now!

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That annoys me a bit dave 😂, will I ever be Robbies biggest fan? Definitely not. 

But i like to think I'm fair in criticism and give a fair opinion, he has us 3rd and last time i checked we are still in the Scottish cup? 

There has been a lot of improvement within team and recruitment, so it's only fair to give praise when they do right, 

Do I think Robbie is the man to split the old firm personally no, but he has improved the team, and should be given the chance to build a team to do so. 

So how can i possibly come on here and talk him down he's shut a lot of people up. 

First half last night was pish, but second half he made changes and we were by far the better team. 

We could've won it tbh. 

Apart from that he's done a good job, he also seems to be getting it right recruitment wise under Savage, under Levein it just wasn't the same. 

Long may it continue and keep proving the doubters and me wrong. 

👏👏 probably in the same boat re Neilson as yourself. The way he’s turned it round from the absolute bore fest last season he’s earned the rightful backing of the full Hearts support. 

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Jamie McGrath, St Mirren. Always been impressed when I've seen him play. Hate to say it but would be a great signing for Hibs. 

cheers