** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I agree and I would get that.  I can't see his Scotland ambitions being expanded by playing for Stoke though.  

Aye, but Scotland ambitions don't pay the bills! 

****ing Stoke... 😭

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

And

Gordon extension. 

Halkett extension 

Haring extension 

Souttar extension...! 

Japanese forward. 

We've been good this year! 

2A1231B1-B4D8-483E-A354-B887CEDBDC3B.gif.8bab63f08f5a0ca0de523aa45cbd0ada.gifThat would be absolutely delightful! 

3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

1 million for Souttar and sell on clause 

Is this the rumour as to what we are looking for if we sell him in January?

3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Not sure what Souttar's ambitions are.  If it's financial security then I get that.  If it's to further his career then one word, Stoke.  Really?

heard yesterday from a colleague in Sky Sports that forest are looking at him

31 minutes ago, Ribble said:

heard yesterday from a colleague in Sky Sports that forest are looking at him

I have heard that from a Forest insider

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

yeah was on a call with the guys from Sports (I work in a different part of Sky) and he spotted the hearts stuff on my office wall so messaged me asking for the lowdown on soapy

4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Would be a fantastic move for him and Forest.Steve Cooper gets the best out of players.Three at the back there also.

1 minute ago, Four faces said:

Would be a fantastic move for him and Forest.Steve Cooper gets the best out of players.Three at the back there also.

If we can get a decent sell on it would be good work. He'll immediately show up that cart horse McKenna on the left hand side.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Forest, the team that had over 100% of wages to rurnover5re ently and are the best part of £100m in debt. 

How, the **** can they offer more than us? 

They shouldn't be able to. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Forest, the team that had over 100% of wages to rurnover5re ently and are the best part of £100m in debt. 

How, the **** can they offer more than us? 

They shouldn't be able to. 

If we offered more than we could afford then we would be in debt also.The key with these clubs is that they service the debt.Fail to pay a debt and the whole thing collapses.

The_razors_edge
19 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Wonder if Man City have any spare strikers kicking around for us? 🤔

very cryptic. Thought they hardly had any strikers at all hence the uproar over selling Torres? 

29 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Wonder if Man City have any spare strikers kicking around for us? 🤔

Japanese Man City striker. Meshino returns.

27 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You've got previous...hopefully better than Jordan Roberts!

https://www.mancity.com/players/eds

Jayden Braaf probably the only one likely from that list. Delap is getting first team games here and there and the others are probably too young just now. Braaf played (and scored) for Udinese in Serie A last season.

But I do have a tendency to braaf a lot of nonsense…

Edited by BackOfTheNet

6 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Not sure what Souttar's ambitions are.  If it's financial security then I get that.  If it's to further his career then one word, Stoke.  Really?

Sort of many clubs in that league who are going nowhere fast, his brother and Michael O'Neil, may persuade him though...

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, Four faces said:

If we offered more than we could afford then we would be in debt also.The key with these clubs is that they service the debt.Fail to pay a debt and the whole thing collapses.

Can we not borrow £200m.

Pay it back with ucl money? 

Every ****er else seems to work that way. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can we not borrow £200m.

Pay it back with ucl money? 

Every ****er else seems to work that way. 

Sad reflection of life.

Soapy should be targeting Premiership and I think he would get that if he signed a 2 year contract extension with us with the proviso that we would accept north of £2m in a year and a half’s time. An injury free Soapy in a year and a half is likely a player who has finished 3 in the Scottish Premiership 2 seasons running, played a minimum 7 European games and just finished playing at the heart of Scotland’s World Cup defence playing the type of technical centre back role that clubs are jumping over each other for. 

50 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Liam Delap would be nice. Lightning fast and scores goals

Exactly the type we should be looking at 😎

Edited by hmfc_liam06

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Exactly the type we should be looking at 😎

Your shout has been recovering from injury, maybe looking for game time 👀

My scouts on FM 22 recommended him.Unfortunaly I only had £18k of the £28m needed to buy him 🤣

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

That should've been spotted at the time. The gurning eejit scored the winner just to make things worse. Game changing incompetence.

Small compensation for the sheep though,now the games done.

Hey ho🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Japanese Man City striker. Meshino returns.

Wont lie, there’s a few players from Levein’s time as our manager whom I’d like to see return, Meshino is one of them. 

Lots of potential but I think it wasn’t utilised properly. 

I'd piss my pants if we got him on loan. Would be ectoplasm everywhere if we got him in a Beni style deal and got him permanently lol. Won't happen though. Loan at best I'd say. 

Perfect signing though. Quick, strong, good finisher. 

3 hours ago, Arfur said:

Soapy should be targeting Premiership and I think he would get that if he signed a 2 year contract extension with us with the proviso that we would accept north of £2m in a year and a half’s time. An injury free Soapy in a year and a half is likely a player who has finished 3 in the Scottish Premiership 2 seasons running, played a minimum 7 European games and just finished playing at the heart of Scotland’s World Cup defence playing the type of technical centre back role that clubs are jumping over each other for. 

For him to do that would mean turning his back on a large sign on fee plus possible triple his wages in the next 2 yrs. Not going to happen imo. He could go to Stoke or wherever, sign a two or three yr deal then get that same move at that point if he stays healthy. Plus we would get a fee from the move on clause👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Delap sounds like someone very much on the up. 

But will he not get in the way of Euan Henderson return from League 1 greatness?

After seeing the lack of application, work ethic and experience from Woodburn, I'd not get too over excited about signing any other highly rated youth prospects on loan from EPL clubs. 

Edited by Cruyff

Tom Hardy’s Dug

😂Delap. Like we’re getting an £15m + striker even on loan who has played for Man City first team and that “that’s the sort of player we should be going for” 😂😂

kingantti1874
44 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

After seeing the lack of application, work ethic and experience from Woodburn, I'd not get too over excited about signing any other highly rated youth prospects on loan from EPL clubs. 

agreed, they start brightly - then come to realise that they are at hearts because they are unlikely to make it then apathy sets in.

mitchell, Meshino and now woodburn - same pattern..  

45 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I know what you mean, couldn’t believe we got woody from Scouse and honestly thought he would rip this league, how wrong can you be. 

49 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Correct 

35 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

😂Delap. Like we’re getting an £15m + striker even on loan who has played for Man City first team and that “that’s the sort of player we should be going for” 😂😂

I applaud Savage & Neilson for aiming this high.

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I know what you mean, couldn’t believe we got woody from Scouse and honestly thought he would rip this league, how wrong can you be. 

Agreed, there is something to playing with better players, he was good preseason versus a Spanish opponent, think it was Osasuna, for Liverpool. It must be far easier to find space and have team players moving into spaces when your team mates are genuinely world class (and theres nothing at stake). He wasn't a player I was knowledgeable about before he came other than word in general football chat, playing for Wales and Liverpool at a young age,but to say he's been underwhelming is an understatement he's been pathetic. His desire is shocking and it's hard to see why he's not trying at the very least, hes in a pretty precarious situation contract wise. He might just find himself at a Preston, Oxford or such like.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

agreed, they start brightly - then come to realise that they are at hearts because they are unlikely to make it then apathy sets in.

mitchell, Meshino and now woodburn - same pattern..  

I think there's a bit of that. They come here thinking it's beneath them, they don't really want to be here, they go through the motions and they end up getting a reality check when they come up against seasoned pros who don't give a shit about who they are at youth level. 

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

He certainly has the ability to do that, we've seen flashes of brilliance but for whatever reason he's lacking in other areas. 

Wait, I’m getting mixed up between Delap and Palmer. Delap has only played once for City, and is 18. He’s not anywhere near being outside our possibilities. He or Braaf are not outside an effective 4 month loan. But neither are guaranteed to ‘rip up our league’ as neither has proven that yet.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic