** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

Anyway, bar all the bizarre mouth foaming over Souttar, any word on any further inbound business today ? 

:muggy:

Doubt there will be any incomings. Early announcement of Smith is likely down to Auchinleck Talbot tickets doing on sale at 2pm. So unless there’s anything to announce in the afternoon regarding departures I’m guessing we’re done for the day.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

section s heart

Best outcome for us now is a fee. JS has to be pushing for it as he won't want the grief, and crucially he knows being sidelined would rule him out of the Scotland picture. 

I'm not sure we'd miss him so much, we have cover of a similar standard, and maybe a replacement or loan incoming. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Rods said:

Might be reading to much into this situation. I think Souttar is looking to get a fee for Hearts and thats why his destination is Rangers. I hope so anyway as a Fee is the best we can hope for now.

I dont think he is going to Rangers so we can get a fee, but I think he wants to move in January because of a few reasons, 1 is that he wants us to at least some money for him from all the support we have given him (the other reasons would be that it becomes very awkward if he stays and he moves now starts earning a higher wage sooner.)

I dont want him to go to Rangers, I wanted him to go down south. But I am not going to think of him persona non-grata if he leaves in January. But will be focusing on how we improve instead.

I think we need another thread where we can discuss Souttar’s situation surely 2 threads aren’t enough🥴alternatively start a January Transfer thread where we can talk about Incoming transfers and potential transfers🧐

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

A PSC with either of the uglies should automatically mean you train with the bairns and stay away from Tynecastle, even on match day. Sit in the hoose! 

Wouldn't imagine Sir Alex putting up with any of these shenanigans!

Sir Alex was almost always with the club with the financial power. He's rarely had to deal with a situation like this. He left Aberdeen just as Souness and the money rolled into Ibrox.

Hearts saying Souttar will still play this season, should he agree to go anywhere else, only puts pressure on Souttar himself. Rightly or wrongly, Hearts fans won't forgive him if he is publicly known to be going to Ibrox. Because of how delicate this situation is for him, he might not agree to go anywhere for now. He doesn't have to agree anything in January. He can still walk in the summer after the season is finished. That keeps us fans guessing as to what he's going to do. Unless Rangers pay a fee for him now, it doesn't make any sense for him to make public any agreement with them whilst he's still got to play for Hearts, in front of Hearts fans.

After all that, he has to hope he doesn't suffer another serious injury in the meantime. Any pre contract won't be honoured by any other club if that happens. Only a contract extension from Hearts would give him any security over the next few months.

Just now, Tatlock said:

I think we need another thread where we can discuss Souttar’s situation surely 2 threads aren’t enough🥴alternatively start a January Transfer thread where we can talk about Incoming transfers and potential transfers🧐

Far too much common sense in this post !!

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

I must be in the minority but i don't see JS giving anything less than his all if he ends up staying until the summer.

And we will be a stronger team with him in it.

Bit of a tough call, and I'd tend to agree with you.  I think Soapy is a good character and would almost definitely try his best.

2 things.  You have a big contract right there, signed in principle, ready to go.  Even if you do your "best", is your "best" going to be subconsciously within yourself.  You've nothing to prove now, you've won your move.  History of injury, may he hold back, even if he doesn't mean to?

Second thing, and a bigger point for me... may say this is cutting my neb aff to spite my pus, but he's chosen to go to a rival and a hated one at that.  Money, I get it.  Nowt personal, big guy.  But we're sending a message that we're not their feeder club and you're sitting in the stand and training with the kids.  And anyone who thinks about running down a contract will get same treatment.  No appearance fees for Soapy (but he's aff to get more money anyway) and a player who is rusty for the huns.  Not the biggest slap for either, but it's principle and message that's important here for me.

Likelihood is we'll play him.  Cos the thing we don't get as supporters is the guys in the dressing room, incl Robbie and the coaches will really like John as a guy and not want to treat him badly, and they'll trust him as a guy to do his best.

A third point, actually is the atmos is could cause with fans.  He'll get treatment from home support - his every mistake will be pounced upon.  Do we need any negativity at a time when the club have worked so hard and done really well to get the fans back on side???

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I dont think he is going to Rangers so we can get a fee, but I think he wants to move in January because of a few reasons, 1 is that he wants us to at least some money for him from all the support we have given him (the other reasons would be that it becomes very awkward if he stays and he moves now starts earning a higher wage sooner.)

I dont want him to go to Rangers, I wanted him to go down south. But I am not going to think of him persona non-grata if he leaves in January. But will be focusing on how we improve instead.

More like he wants to move now so he has a long term contract before his next major injury ends his career. 

IF the press are to be believed and Souttar is pushing for the move to Rangers to take place this window, it tells us where his mindset is for the next 5 months. 

31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Could well be, but you don’t publicly say something so clear and definite then back down from it.

I don’t see a way we come out of this looking good unless we get a million for him or thereabouts

Football managers say these sort of things all the time. 

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If we’re talking Craig Gordon, I could understand. But Souttar isn’t indispensable to this team. Moore has shown he is more than capable to be as good as him. All we’d be missing is a diagonal pass.

We’ll let’s not pretend we are not weaker without him. We’ll get away with it I reckon but he’s a big loss. If he wasn’t we wouldn’t be talking about him

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

IF the press are to be believed and Souttar is pushing for the move to Rangers to take place this window, it tells us where his mindset is for the next 5 months. 

Big IF but I completely agree 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Football managers say these sort of things all the time. 

And the stronger ones generally make sure it happens

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ll let’s not pretend we are not weaker without him. We’ll get away with it I reckon but he’s a big loss. If he wasn’t we wouldn’t be talking about him

I think he needs replaced. Leaves us with two centre backs and a couple who can play centre back. The recruitment team are pretty switched on and they’ll have players in mind. 

37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

guys come one.. we are all upset but there is ZERO chance the club will do this..

I mean - it would absolutely impact our ability to attract new players to sign for us if this is the way we go about it .. we are a club who are looking to buy and sell, so we have to sell the club..

we are all Pissed but the club cannot and will not be petulant 

Better tell that to the 17k fans who will be venting their anger at him on Tuesday. 

We can do without this distraction and I think it may be an eye opener for Souttar's team mates. 

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I honestly am starting to suspect the deal has already been done and all this pre contract type rumours, plus these contract announcements, is all just to try to sweeten the bitter pill. I think he might have already been sold to Rangers. I hope so anyway. Rather that than a pre contract. I can’t believe John would be pushing for Hearts to get **** all, after the support he has had here. I just can’t believe that. He surely wants Hearts to recoup some of what we lost with the investment into him 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I think he needs replaced. Leaves us with two centre backs and a couple who can play centre back. The recruitment team are pretty switched on and they’ll have players in mind. 

He does need replaced. Can we replace him in January? Will we have time ? Will we try and get away without replacing him until the summer ?

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Here's the thing though... I don't think it's because it's JS - it's more the sevco/uglies getting their own way again for (potentially) nothing. My frothing isn't so much aimed at Souttar... it's the age old scenario of the OF getting better/stronger, for nothing, while making us weaker. It could be any player... it just so happens it's Soapy,  one of our best.

I wonder if any of the English clubs have come in with an offer for January for Souttar. While he may prefer sevco, I don't think they'll get near the wages (or fee) clubs down down south could offer... but we're hearing very little - which makes the sevco chat all the more likely IMO. I mean, that Aussie player opted for Middleborough over smelltic! 😆 Their 'stock' isnae that great these days.

9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Better tell that to the 17k fans who will be venting their anger at him on Tuesday. 

We can do without this distraction and I think it may be an eye opener for Souttar's team mates. 

Venting anger at someone playing for your team ?

Ham shankers

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He does need replaced. Can we replace him in January? Will we have time ? Will we try and get away without replacing him until the summer ?

I’d think we’d at least have identified a few targets. I personally think it’s a bit risky to go until the summer but we could get way with it? Maybe. 

24 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Could get messy if that's the case, just waiting on the headlines "Hearts wrecking my dream move to Rangers"

LarrysRightFoot

I’m really surprised a Burnley or Brighton didn’t come in for Souttar. If they did I think that’s where he’d have went. Not based on anything other than a gut feeling, I think he’s been disappointed with the options he’s had. 

22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We will be but what's better? Being potentially stronger (we have no idea how JS will play over the next 4/5 months with a contract elsewhere waiting on him) in the short term or be slightly weaker short term while someone else beds into the defence now and then make us stronger for next season?

jamboinglasgow

I do feel that we are in a catch 22 situation on incoming transfer news. We want to hear rumours and news but due to Joe Savage keeping leaks to a minimum any rumours or news that came out is likely to be wrong. So we are left in limbo.

The only real big of transfer news incoming we know about is that we made a bid for a Japanese striker on Christmas eve and it got rejected. But reports are that we are still negotiating. But who knows how likely that is to progress with his team saying they dont want to sell him.

On name really linked with us this window is Stuart Findlay but that has already been briefed by the club that it is not someone we after (I do believe more denials that we are after a player from the club.)

Its all a mystery.

I don't think we'll be that much weaker with Michael Smith in Souttar's position and Taylor Moore as cover. 

In terms of games Souttar has defended well but hasn't been such a big attacking influence. 

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, luckydug said:

i don’t disagree. Not saying we should play him.. but any notion of training with the kids is nonsense 

I'll be stunned if there's not an undisclosed fee agreed and he's parading a union jack around Govan in the near future.

Just now, Homme said:

Does anyone think we are still trying to work on the Japanese lad? 

I do. Not even sure why but I just think there’s more to come from that story. 

IF (and it's a big if) the papers are telling the truth, he can honestly get him so far to **** from this club. Why would he want to play out the rest of the season with us? He must know how we'll feel about him? 

If he goes now then we'll at least get a fee, surely he can push for that? 

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't think we'll be that much weaker with Michael Smith in Souttar's position and Taylor Moore as cover. 

In terms of games Souttar has defended well but hasn't been such a big attacking influence. 

Only thing I'd worry about there is our height.  Don't want to be all dinosaur 80s, of course.  But a back 3 of Smith, Halkett and Kingsley isn't much physical presence.  Only Halkett really naturally a big winner of aerial duels.  The other 2 good in the air, but, especially if Haring not playing, we don't have much else in the team for set pieces.

For that reason, Moore maybe just edges it for me, with the caveat obviously not seen much of him at cb

jamboinglasgow
Just now, GinRummy said:

I do. Not even sure why but I just think there’s more to come from that story. 

I'm the same, I suspect his team are trying to play hard ball to get the most of him. I can see it coming down to the end of the windows.

Speaking of Japanese Strikers, some people said we were after before, Ayase Ueda. I see that he is contract is not up this month like it initially said but as explained by an earlier post, his team announced he has a contract that goes to 2023.

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

IF (and it's a big if) the papers are telling the truth, he can honestly get him so far to **** from this club. Why would he want to play out the rest of the season with us? He must know how we'll feel about him? 

If he goes now then we'll at least get a fee, surely he can push for that? 

Cat and mouse mate.  I guess we wouldn't look to push that we want the dosh.  We want them to want him in Jan, rather than us want rid in Jan, if that makes sense.

"We're perfectly happy to keep him - love John, big part of our team, as you know.  Oh you'd like him now?  Ah, well, hmmm, it won't be cheap is the issue there...."

Whatever the truth actually is, of course!

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I'm the same, I suspect his team are trying to play hard ball to get the most of him. I can see it coming down to the end of the windows.

Speaking of Japanese Strikers, some people said we were after before, Ayase Ueda. I see that he is contract is not up this month like it initially said but as explained by an earlier post, his team announced he has a contract that goes to 2023.

Had a wee look online when Ueda was first mentioned. Shame he’s not easily available. Seems like a really good player. 

Leveins Battalion

John Souttar could not get a game for Dundee United when we signed him,has had 2 near career ending injuries since he joined so fair play if Sevco want to chuck £15k a week at him.

Anyway who can we get to replace him?Im hoping for Jamie Hamilton and another older head.

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Only thing I'd worry about there is our height.  Don't want to be all dinosaur 80s, of course.  But a back 3 of Smith, Halkett and Kingsley isn't much physical presence.  Only Halkett really naturally a big winner of aerial duels.  The other 2 good in the air, but, especially if Haring not playing, we don't have much else in the team for set pieces.

For that reason, Moore maybe just edges it for me, with the caveat obviously not seen much of him at cb

Moore hasn't totally convinced in few times at centre half. 

But he did make a goal saving header last minute v Ross County. 

If he gets the position he can make it his own. And like Souttar he can come out of defence quickly with the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

3pm fast approaching. Looks like my hunch was wrong.

Again. Ah, well. A 7 hour drive to look forward too instead. 

Can you not fly or get a train or something. That’s a long drive. 

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If he gets the position he can make it his own. And like Souttar he can come out of defence quickly with the ball. 

He looks much quicker and more willing to get right up the park than souttar, albeit not quite as good at defending as souttar, and doesn't have the same passing range. 

Will be interesting to see what we do going forward. Personally expecting souttar to stay till summer and play through this. My preference would be getting rid now of possible.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good for you being all grown up and adult about it. Personally, he's shitting on the club I support and potentially going to a club I detest.

I therefore reserve the right to abuse anyone who signs for the sectarian loving, soap avoiding, knuckle dragging, zombie following, bunch of ***** known as Rangers.

:spoton:

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aye, can't remember the game, but he played RCB with Smith outside him and he was superb bringing the ball out - overlapping Smith all the time even.

He has all the physical attributes he needs, yet to see if he has the aggression - genuinely not sure.  Hopefully!  Also positionally etc, koinda need to see him get a run to know.

Good thing is and said it before, is that I kinda trust the club on this kind of thing now.  If we go with Moore (or Smith) it'll be cos we couldn't find better and they trust them.  If we bring someone in, it'll be cos we really really think he'll improve us.  Years gone by you got the impression we felt we needed someone so it was who can we find... and it didn't matter if we ended up on option 146, we'd still bring them in.  I mean Amankwaa.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't mind the drive. Didn't have much choice last week, when I had to come back up the road, tbh.

Well safe journey. We’ll maybe have signed someone by the time you get there. 

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Aye, can't remember the game, but he played RCB with Smith outside him and he was superb bringing the ball out - overlapping Smith all the time even.

He has all the physical attributes he needs, yet to see if he has the aggression - genuinely not sure.  Hopefully!  Also positionally etc, koinda need to see him get a run to know.

Good thing is and said it before, is that I kinda trust the club on this kind of thing now.  If we go with Moore (or Smith) it'll be cos we couldn't find better and they trust them.  If we bring someone in, it'll be cos we really really think he'll improve us.  Years gone by you got the impression we felt we needed someone so it was who can we find... and it didn't matter if we ended up on option 146, we'd still bring them in.  I mean Amankwaa.

Was that the game just before the rangers 1-1 where souttar was out but was brought straight back in for the rangers game? 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

Was that the game just before the rangers 1-1 where souttar was out but was brought straight back in for the rangers game? 

Think it was Motherwell and Livi at home he played well in both

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:spoton:

Seconded,dead to me if he goes there,with no fee.

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Think the Motherwell game now i think of it.  Dev and Beni played really high up the pitch and our lcb and rcb almost played as midfielders picking up loose balls in their half.  That only all changed which Halkett had to come off and they started to bully us a bit.

May be wrong there - my memory is shocking

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic