** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It sends a message to everyone if we just keep on playing him. It says we think he’s better than we have or importantly than we can get. It says that Rangers can just sign a player and we are okay with it. I don’t like the message it sends.

What does it say if Dundee weren’t happy with Kamara signing a pre-contract, that Kilmarnock weren’t happy with Jones doing the same or Aberdeen weren’t happy with Wright doing the same - but we bend over backwards and just keep on playing him?

Be interesting how match fit he’d be come the end of the season with zero minutes beyond this point and training by himself.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Exile fae Main Street
21 hours ago, Cruyff said:
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It sends a message to everyone if we just keep on playing him. It says we think he’s better than we have or importantly than we can get. It says that Rangers can just sign a player and we are okay with it. I don’t like the message it sends.

What does it say if Dundee weren’t happy with Kamara signing a pre-contract, that Kilmarnock weren’t happy with Jones doing the same or Aberdeen weren’t happy with Wright doing the same - but we bend over backwards and just keep on playing him?

JS is in the same situation as Boris position untenable.....

25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Robbie Neilson has already said quite clearly he isn’t going in January unless it’s crazy money. Thats almost verbatim what he said. He clearly intends to play him. I’m not sure that’s the right decision especially if it’s Rangers but that would appear to be a position he’ll find it hard to walk away from now

I think that’s a bargaining stance. I imagine he’ll go in the window for some recompense. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Be interesting how match fit he’d be come the end of the season with zero minutes beyond this point and training by himself.

guys come one.. we are all upset but there is ZERO chance the club will do this..

I mean - it would absolutely impact our ability to attract new players to sign for us if this is the way we go about it .. we are a club who are looking to buy and sell, so we have to sell the club..

we are all Pissed but the club cannot and will not be petulant 

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Jones scored against Rangers for Killie after he signed for them… 

Did he? Fair enough. Personally though I don’t want any player committed to one of them playing for us. If he had secured a bigger move down south and was leaving with a heavy heart and all that jazz I could accept it to a degree, but he’s moving to them. So **** him and **** them. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

**** him. **** him now. **** him when he plays for them. And **** him when he inevitably plays many more games for Scotland.

He should never pull on another Hearts shirt this season. Let him rot in the stands.

100% agree 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think that’s a bargaining stance. I imagine he’ll go in the window for some recompense. 

Could well be, but you don’t publicly say something so clear and definite then back down from it.

I don’t see a way we come out of this looking good unless we get a million for him or thereabouts

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

If he signs pre contract there it's best for all concerned to come to an agreement this window 

Exactly right imo.  I know RN has said it’ll take a lot of cash to shift him but you need to adapt any standpoint to deal with unfolding events. Take what you can and get him out the door if he signs a pre-contract. 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

guys come one.. we are all upset but there is ZERO chance the club will do this..

I mean - it would absolutely impact our ability to attract new players to sign for us if this is the way we go about it .. we are a club who are looking to buy and sell, so we have to sell the club..

Bollocks. Don’t believe for a minute a player wouldn’t not sign for a club because they banished a player who signed a precontact with their rivals to the reserves. I don’t even think it would enter their head and if it did, then there is a good argument about steering clear. 

However, it might be a good cautionary tale for running your contract down and thinking it’s all well and good to toddle off along the M8.

Edited by OTT

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

It's more than that tho. 

For example, if we are looking to sign Moore permanently, who do we play, Him or Souttar? 

Imagine being a player who's future is with Hearts but some hun wannabe a gets in front of you. You'd be pissed off. 

As the season closes and if Rangers are close in the title race where does his loyalty lie-us or Rangers? 

What about the effect on the team? 

We won't bin him, but he'll be benched and become more of a peripheral figure. 

We need to punt him now. 

The best thing is Rangers will offer us pennies and demand £3/4m for guys like Goldson. 

That's not too mention the fans reactions - If he signs for rangers, he needs  to go now. 

1 hour ago, Leisham38 said:

To stop Sky getting the clicks they are looking for, there is no detail in this whatsoever. Ignore

I didn't click on it as I thought the same with the "details of the deal" headline. Thanks for confirming its a loadapish!

15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He is.

Hi inclusion every single week he is available confirms that.

Finishing third would send a bigger message.

Let him be part of first team training etc but he doesn't play.The manager only wants committed players in the team.This happens the whole world over and is hardly doing the dirty on the player.Tell sevco to stump up the cash or that's the scenario. Only people doing the dirty are them as usual.Would they play a player who signed for another club.No f****** chance.

Unfortunately the more Hearts fans say he has to go now, the less Rangers have to offer to get him! We aren't helping the club in their efforts to get a fee!

The White Cockade

No idea who he will sign for but  if he is still here he will play

One of our best players is not going to be sitting in the stand fit 6 months 

Most players in his situation continue to give 100% and I’m sure he would

Abuse from the stands will only hurt Hearts and help the opposition I’m pretty sure his team mates won’t be happy that one of their mates gets dogs abuse 

I’m afraid we have to suck it up 

Abusing your own team when challenging for a European place and needing to win games would be plain stupid 

Just now, Homme said:

He is.

Hi inclusion every single week he is available confirms that.

Finishing third would send a bigger message.

I would argue Halkett has played better than him defensively this season and Kingsley has contributed more to the team. So his two CB partners have offered more than he has.

The only message finishing 3rd while bending over to get done by them again is saying that we’re accepting of the status quo. Playing Souttar the rest of the season helps Rangers more than it helps us. 

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Personally I don’t think there is anything wrong with sitting out a player who has signed a pre contract with a team in the same

league. The club comes first and it certainly comes ahead of Souttar.

I don’t think it will some to that but I’d understand and support it if we did and I don’t think it would impact on future signings

1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Unfortunately the more Hearts fans say he has to go now, the less Rangers have to offer to get him! We aren't helping the club in their efforts to get a fee!

We get nothing if he goes in the summer anyway. Let him go for next to nothing now, we can at least save on his wages.

1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

I'm sure ot matters not a jot what fans on KB or twitter are saying. 

Send him out to England on loan. Sorts out two things. We don’t have him and Sevco can fret over his fitness while he’s down there.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's more than that tho. 

For example, if we are looking to sign Moore permanently, who do we play, Him or Souttar? 

Imagine being a player who's future is with Hearts but some hun wannabe a gets in front of you. You'd be pissed off. 

As the season closes and if Rangers are close in the title race where does his loyalty lie-us or Rangers? 

What about the effect on the team? 

We won't bin him, but he'll be benched and become more of a peripheral figure. 

We need to punt him now. 

The best thing is Rangers will offer us pennies and demand £3/4m for guys like Goldson. 

That's not too mention the fans reactions - If he signs for rangers, he needs  to go now. 

This is it - Celtic did the same thing with GMS at Dundee Utd, got him to sign a precontract then offered a paltry amount to get him now. It’s rank behaviour and entertaining them at all makes it acceptable. 

Id rather the club told the huns to ram it and made him see out his deal. 

Sometimes the transfer fee is more of an insult than anything else. Signing for a rival shouldn’t be a comfortable process. Fans shouldn’t be saying ‘oh I understand’, ‘good luck soapy’ etc. it’s ****ing weird. It should be a solid 6 months of abuse and maybe the next guy decides moving to England is a better choice. 

I have no interest in being a nursery/ feeder club for either arsecheek.

Make it painful, be awkward. 

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I'm sure ot matters not a jot what fans on KB or twitter are saying. 

Yeah, the last thing any club wants is happy fans 🤷‍♀️

Edited by GinRummy

Might be reading to much into this situation. I think Souttar is looking to get a fee for Hearts and thats why his destination is Rangers. I hope so anyway as a Fee is the best we can hope for now.

MarkDevriesScores4

Is there anything other than red top speculation about souttar going to rangers?

i only ask because the same rigmarole went on when the red tops said Hickey was joining the old firm and we know how that panned out.

Edited by MarkDevriesScores4

Fxxx the SPFL

I’m of the opinion and as much as I hate saying it if Robbie does play soapy until end of season I wouldn’t want the fans to boo him only because it would unsettle the rest of the team. If we stick him with the kids we’re paying his wages for him doing feck all hopefully if he is going to the blue noses they cough up cash now 

A PSC with either of the uglies should automatically mean you train with the bairns and stay away from Tynecastle, even on match day. Sit in the hoose! 

Wouldn't imagine Sir Alex putting up with any of these shenanigans!

57 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

He is a ****ing rat. 

Couldn't care less about folk banging on about hearts contractual obligations, we've massively helped him progress and recover from injury. And he's..... ****ed off on a free. Rat. 

Clubs only tend to look after players they THINK they'll make money from. For every John Souttar that's been looked after there is another fair few who've been thrown on the scrap heap. Unfortunately since we emerged from administration we have been extremely poor at signing up our best Scottish talent on new contracts. The very subject has been debated to death on here.

He's had injuries that have threatened his career and probably still do. He's made a decision to look after himself financially and that's exactly what every single person would do given the chance. 

As a fan  base we are entitled to be extremely disappointed with the move but it's not something worthy of grown men abusing other grown men. 

1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

McLaren replying to Nathaniel Atkinson with a ggtth🙄

Ah right. Think that kind of "bantz" is pretty common and we can get over it :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We get nothing if he goes in the summer anyway. Let him go for next to nothing now, we can at least save on his wages.

I think we’re taking the view that we want to play him to secure 3rd. That’s potentially worth millions this season.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, the last thing any club wants is happy fans 🤷‍♀️

If the club thinks he's focused and can contribute to qualifying for Europe they'll not sell unless its financially worthwhile.

They'll take a few fans being pissed off initially as if he does perform they'll soon stop giving him a hard time.

Personally I'd have him in the stands, but the club won't do that.

2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Is there anything other than red top speculation about souttar going to rangers?

SSN tend to be on the money and they are reporting Souttar to sign a pre contract today

32 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Has he? Wasn't aware he'd said anything yet. Nor Hearts or Rangers for that matter.

He's not publicly said anything but he's been speaking to other clubs after seeing our best offer. Blackburn fans forum had a mention of him being down for talks.

We know he's off. We need to do what's best for us now.

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

If the club thinks he's focused and can contribute to qualifying for Europe they'll not sell unless its financially worthwhile.

They'll take a few fans being pissed off initially as if he does perform they'll soon stop giving him a hard time.

Personally I'd have him in the stands, but the club won't do that.

I think he a nap to go this window, so although disappointed I’m not really too concerned about him staying. Even if it goes to the wire, he’ll be away by 31/1. Imo of course. 

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, brux said:

SSN tend to be on the money and they are reporting Souttar to sign a pre contract today

Not when it came to Hickey. I’ll wait and see before passing judgment 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

A PSC with either of the uglies should automatically mean you train with the bairns and stay away from Tynecastle, even on match day. Sit in the hoose! 

Exactly... it should be part of any new contract "..if you sign a PC with a rival club in the same league, you run the risk of being dropped and may have to train on your own".... or words to that effect.

If he really has chose Sevco then that’s got to be him done. He should be training with the youth team and give him zero bounce games. Keep him well away from the first team. **** giving him to them early to enhance their chances of the league.

It could all end on a sour note for him at that basket case club. Celtic could easily pip them to the league this year and automatic Champions League. No £30m get out of jail free card and they’d implode once more. 

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Correct 

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I would argue Halkett has played better than him defensively this season and Kingsley has contributed more to the team. So his two CB partners have offered more than he has.

The only message finishing 3rd while bending over to get done by them again is saying that we’re accepting of the status quo. Playing Souttar the rest of the season helps Rangers more than it helps us. 

How does it help Rangers?

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think we’re taking the view that we want to play him to secure 3rd. That’s potentially worth millions this season.

If we’re talking Craig Gordon, I could understand. But Souttar isn’t indispensable to this team. Moore has shown he is more than capable to be as good as him. All we’d be missing is a diagonal pass.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think he a nap to go this window, so although disappointed I’m not really too concerned about him staying. Even if it goes to the wire, he’ll be away by 31/1. Imo of course. 

I think he'll go as well, I just don't think the fans mood will have any influence on the price. We should be saying £1m flat out or you can wait til the summer. They just got money for Patterson, we should be making a stand that we'll not be taken for a ride.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Clubs only tend to look after players they THINK they'll make money from. For every John Souttar that's been looked after there is another fair few who've been thrown on the scrap heap. Unfortunately since we emerged from administration we have been extremely poor at signing up our best Scottish talent on new contracts. The very subject has been debated to death on here.

He's had injuries that have threatened his career and probably still do. He's made a decision to look after himself financially and that's exactly what every single person would do given the chance. 

As a fan  base we are entitled to be extremely disappointed with the move but it's not something worthy of grown men abusing other grown men. 

Good for you being all grown up and adult about it. Personally, he's shitting on the club I support and potentially going to a club I detest.

I therefore reserve the right to abuse anyone who signs for the sectarian loving, soap avoiding, knuckle dragging, zombie following, bunch of ***** known as Rangers.

section s heart
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Correct 

On 10/01/2022 at 15:27, Niemi’s gloves said:

He has, sort of: 89th minute sub in their last last three games. But a no brainier for Motherwell to punt Jordan Roberts back to us if they are trying to create space in their squad for new signings 

Anyway, bar all the bizarre mouth foaming over Souttar, any word on any further inbound business today ? 

:muggy:

53 minutes ago, Homme said:

I must be in the minority but i don't see JS giving anything less than his all if he ends up staying until the summer.

And we will be a stronger team with him in it.

I don't think he would deliberately hold back but his injury record must be a worry for him. 

If he signs a PC with The Zombies and continues to turn out with Hearts, another injury and the Huns would probably squirm out of the agreement with him and Hearts wouldn't be responsible for him after the end of his contract. 

It's his injury record that makes think the Huns will not pay a fee. 

They have nothing to lose. 

9 minutes ago, Rods said:

Might be reading to much into this situation. I think Souttar is looking to get a fee for Hearts and thats why his destination is Rangers. I hope so anyway as a Fee is the best we can hope for now.

😂he’d have signed an extension if that was true. He’s trying to get gone now so he doesn’t need to deal with the well deserved abuse that will come his way for running down his contact after being on the treatment table for 2 years and then joining a rival.

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

I think he'll go as well, I just don't think the fans mood will have any influence on the price. We should be saying £1m flat out or you can wait til the summer. They just got money for Patterson, we should be making a stand that we'll not be taken for a ride.

Be watching to see if any hun centre backs get injured in next couple of games, could make a difference. I don’t think we’ll get a million, the old firm like to rip off the Scottish clubs. Hope you are right though, a million pounds would be a good solution at this stage. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic