• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, CAR said:

I think people are basing it on a number of things

1 Strengthening a competitor

2 Consistently being done over both the Ar*e cheeks

3 Would rangers accept this for gouldson?

4 They have been quoted £2M for a guy from holland in the exact same situation (Wouldn't be surprised if they paid that tbh as they will gladly pay clubs out with Scotland good money)

I would rather take the financial hit and stand firm against them to make a point than to look stupid after already having stated publicly that it will take and ridiculous offer!

This is how I feel and obvs many others but everyone is clearly entitled to their own opinion. Ultimately its down to the board so we will need to wait and see

Agree to a certain extent but as soon a player enters the last 6 months of his contract the club can do little.  Due to our demotion and covid we weren't in a position to secure Souttar to a longer deal if indeed he would have signed one. Every club to get decent cash needs to sell a player 12-18 months before their contract expires.

Football is a passionate game though so I don't want to see him in a Hearts jersey again. Unfortunately the blue arse cheek know this and have the whip hand.

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

I doubt we got anything for him, but we will save on wages. No regrets on him going.

6 minutes ago, rory78 said:

I've never been Souttars biggest fan but it is a sickener that he's going through there but he's replaceable, if he was that good he'd have much more suitors than bloody Blackburn or Rangers - bad injury record too and pretty much a guarantee I'd suspect he'll be in the treatment room at Murray Park more than minutes he spends on the pitch at Ibrox 

He'll spend more time in their treatment room than Alan McLaren and Daniel Prodan combined.

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Agree to a certain extent but as soon a player enters the last 6 months of his contract the club can do little.  Due to our demotion and covid we weren't in a position to secure Souttar to a longer deal if indeed he would have signed one. Every club to get decent cash needs to sell a player 12-18 months before their contract expires.

Football is a passionate game though so I don't want to see him in a Hearts jersey again. Unfortunately the blue arse cheek know this and have the whip hand.

I Appreciate what your saying but for me its about standing firm. We have said publicly it would take an ridiculous offer so they need to be willing to make one or do one! If we let them have JS for that they will go and sell Gouldson in exactly the same position for 2/3/4 times what they gave us

37 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

He's one of our best players, and we've got a lot better chance of finishing in 3rd this season if he plays at the level he has done this season. Not saying he necessarily will because of course this will have some impact on him, but he's a proper professional so I think he can continue to be a key player for us this season. All different if we can find a long-term replacement this window who is of the required quality, but that is really difficult to do in this window.

Agreed 👍 

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Some good news to get away from the souttar mess

Hopefully Gnando away soon as well. Must be saving decent cash in wages to bring in a player or two. 

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Bit of a tough call, and I'd tend to agree with you.  I think Soapy is a good character and would almost definitely try his best.

2 things.  You have a big contract right there, signed in principle, ready to go.  Even if you do your "best", is your "best" going to be subconsciously within yourself.  You've nothing to prove now, you've won your move.  History of injury, may he hold back, even if he doesn't mean to?

Second thing, and a bigger point for me... may say this is cutting my neb aff to spite my pus, but he's chosen to go to a rival and a hated one at that.  Money, I get it.  Nowt personal, big guy.  But we're sending a message that we're not their feeder club and you're sitting in the stand and training with the kids.  And anyone who thinks about running down a contract will get same treatment.  No appearance fees for Soapy (but he's aff to get more money anyway) and a player who is rusty for the huns.  Not the biggest slap for either, but it's principle and message that's important here for me.

Likelihood is we'll play him.  Cos the thing we don't get as supporters is the guys in the dressing room, incl Robbie and the coaches will really like John as a guy and not want to treat him badly, and they'll trust him as a guy to do his best.

A third point, actually is the atmos is could cause with fans.  He'll get treatment from home support - his every mistake will be pounced upon.  Do we need any negativity at a time when the club have worked so hard and done really well to get the fans back on side???

Good post and just about covers this sad situation imo. 

Just now, CAR said:

I Appreciate what your saying but for me its about standing firm. We have said publicly it would take an ridiculous offer so they need to be willing to make one or do one! If we let them have JS for that they will go and sell Gouldson in exactly the same position for 2/3/4 times what they gave us

True but we have no control over that (Goldsons transfer) unless eg we wait until deadline day and if they sell Goldson first we demand more. We don't hold the cards in this game. Don't get me wrong I will be foaming at the mouth as much as anyone if he plays on Tuesday night.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

I’d be very surprised if he’s still here, come the end of the window.

I'd be very disappointed if he is still here.

18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just seen this interesting tweet (I know its from a Celtic twitter) but it does the most important piece of business done so far this season is keeping Kingsley

Who is CCV?

Morgaro Gomis
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

What would be your solution? 

I’m not talking about us accepting an offer. I think we should push for as much as possible and accept what we can (I’m sure the club are doing this, FWIW).

I’m talking about those who are doing their best at putting forward the “understanding” viewpoint in terms of Souttar ****ing us over to move to them for as little as possible. 

Should he move to Rangers, I wish him nothing but the worst luck and I hope he fails massively and his career nosedives as a result. I can’t understand those who wish him luck and consider him “a good guy”.

Exile fae Main Street
26 minutes ago, CAR said:

What exactly is the latest on Soutar?......Nobody actually knows.....

8 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Damour is gone end of season. Was part of the deal.

Don’t the other club have the option whether to sign him or not?

Exile fae Main Street
Just now, vegas-voss said:

**** Souttar far rather talk about the guys that do want to be here

This

Morgaro Gomis
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Think about it. Following your idea we lose out on £400k, we lose out on any potential sell-on fee, we pay him £100k for rest of contract, we are a defender short for rest of season. That’s lose,lose,lose and lose. Where do we win if we let him sit in the stand? I’m confused 

See my last post. I wasn’t talking about the offer, I don’t think we should accept the first offer but we should definitely sell him and 400k is more than I expected them to offer in fairness.

I’m talking about those who don’t seem to mind him shafting us to move to Rangers.

I want us to be needlessly awkward and petty more than I want the money tbh. Our market by and large is free agents. A couple hundred grand isn't going to make much odds. I'd rather make the process so onerous, painful, uncomfortable and bordering on humiliating that the next player looks at that and decides they'd rather take the options on offer down south. 

I don't want to be a feeder club for the OF, nor do I want to embolden rangers to think shopping local is cheap and efficient. I'd rather he walked on a free to an English club than take a penny from the bigots frankly. I can't believe for a second that Sheffield or Blackburn haven't offered to match whatever paltry sum the huns have grudgingly offered us. 

34 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

All the best to him.    Just couldn't fit into the type of front three RN wants.   I'm certain we can sign another forward 5x the quality. 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I want us to be needlessly awkward and petty more than I want the money tbh. Our market by and large is free agents. A couple hundred grand isn't going to make much odds. I'd rather make the process so onerous, painful, uncomfortable and bordering on humiliating that the next player looks at that and decides they'd rather take the options on offer down south. 

I don't want to be a feeder club for the OF, nor do I want to embolden rangers to think shopping local is cheap and efficient. I'd rather he walked on a free to an English club than take a penny from the bigots frankly. I can't believe for a second that Sheffield or Blackburn haven't offered to match whatever paltry sum the huns have grudgingly offered us. 

Good call

I hope John souttar’s Achilles’ tendon ruptures into oblivion lifting that rangers scarf above his head when they take the photos. 

🐀 

Rudi Hates Hibees
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Good post. 

I don't know here this £400k for JS is coming from, but given it's The Rangers, I don't believe it for a second. Given their history of this type of thing they will wait until 28th/29th Jan and offer £100k tops in 4 annual instalments. Barstewards. Regardless, JS should never kick a ball for Hearts again. 

joondalupjambo

My worry is that Rangers will offer us Itten instead of cash às part of the Souttar deal instead of cash or would that be good?

Wonder whats taking so long to announce his snakery? Either belly crawling your way along the M8 takes a bit of time, or Halliday has delayed him leaving for an autograph... 

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

That would have the effect of no one wanting to sign for us 

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

I’m with you👍

Play Souttar against Talbot and cup tie him, then punt him for 400k and 15% and move on.

Edited by CloustonHMFC

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

That would have the effect of no one wanting to sign for us 

Bollocks, the only path not open to them as a Hearts player is signing for the OF. Going down south to challenge themselves they go with the best wishes of everyone associated with the club. If we sign a player who is purely interested in playing for either of the gruesome twosome, I don't ****ing want them defiling our jersey. 

Edited by OTT

9 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

All the best to him.    Just couldn't fit into the type of front three RN wants.   I'm certain we can sign another forward 5x the quality. 

He is just shite

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic