** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Good news re Smith 👍

Absolutely, but we drastically need a  player capable of putting the ball in the net.  Pretty obvious you would say, but I just hope Savage & co are on the case.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Really happy Smith has signed. He might not start every week but reassuring to have him in the squad, knowing how well he can cover other positions. One of only a few players who’s commitment and effort I couldn’t fault during past seasons. 

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Was thinking that as well. The announcements normally come between 12 and 1, so curious to see this soo early.

Hearts media guys are just doing it to wind up @Sertse 😄

kingantti1874

Happy smith is staying on.. I think his role will be more CB or CDM and cover for right back as Natty Akka has clearly been signed to play

8 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Michael Smith deserves to lift a cup for us more than anyone

Absolutely this. He's been a great player for us during a pretty dire spell. Delighted he's staying.

7 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.f8fd9ab4e564a696af15bce3173f23ee.gif

Ironic, given the amount of talent they've released in the last couple of years!

Happy with Smithy.  As others have said, great for the team as he is very solid and reliable in a number of positions (doesn't really do the guy justice as he's a good player, but that's kinda the best description!)

But also a great thing for the club.  When we're signing new players, bedding them in, perhaps selling players too and needing them replaced and then bedding in those guys... it's important to have the likes of Smudge around the place, setting standards and being a bit of a Mr Hearts.  Him, Gordon, Halks, Kngsley, Haring and you'd say Boycie and maybe even Devlin given his character are all fantastic guys to have as flag-bearers at our club.

Jeez, when was the last time you could make a list like that - and I've left a couple off!!

Hagar the Horrible

Gordon, Halkett, Kinsley and now Smith, shows things are good behind the scenes,  Soapy take note!

Intersting that Robbie has NOT given up hope of Soapy staying beyond the summer,  Its nothing until its something, but...

Also Robbies salvo could put Sevco off, as their MO is to unsettle the player, and put in an insulting offer to get him quicker.  But I would rather he stayed with us rather than let him go for peanuts, so good on Robbie for the rediculous money statement.  That would put Sevco off signing him while sweating he might end up with another long term injury, and that would be their problem. 

56 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is Haring's contract up in the summer?

Yes. Think he is the last of the out of contract players still to sign up. Apart from Souttar of course.

I wonder if we'll move to sign up Moore and Cochrane next? And Woodburn I suppose.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ironic, given the amount of talent they've released in the last couple of years!

Happy with Smithy.  As others have said, great for the team as he is very solid and reliable in a number of positions (doesn't really do the guy justice as he's a good player, but that's kinda the best description!)

But also a great thing for the club.  When we're signing new players, bedding them in, perhaps selling players too and needing them replaced and then bedding in those guys... it's important to have the likes of Smudge around the place, setting standards and being a bit of a Mr Hearts.  Him, Gordon, Halks, Kngsley, Haring and you'd say Boycie and maybe even Devlin given his character are all fantastic guys to have as flag-bearers at our club.

Jeez, when was the last time you could make a list like that - and I've left a couple off!!

:lol:

Just because I’m bored. Here is a list of first team squad players who are now contracted beyond this summer

Gordon

Stewart 

Halkett

Kingsley

Atkinson

Smith

Devlin

Beni

McEneff

GMS

McKay 
Gino

Boyce

Not included any youth players who don’t really get a game. 

Hagar the Horrible

The EEN stated that Devlin and Beni attracted interest.  Good it shows we are doing loads right.  Beni said he will make us money,  I hope we can get more thike both of them

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

100%!... even just the likes of Smith, Gordon, Kingsley & Halkett re-signing... makes you wonder if it makes Souttar doubt his decision to move on (probably not). But players that have just arrived and, perhaps, players looking on may just think - that must be a good, settled, quality, club to be at!

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Yes. Think he is the last of the out of contract players still to sign up. Apart from Souttar of course.

I wonder if we'll move to sign up Moore and Cochrane next? And Woodburn I suppose.

Moore and Cochrane yes,  not too excited about Woodburn, works had just does not impact enough for me

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just because I’m bored. Here is a list of first team squad players who are now contracted beyond this summer

Gordon

Stewart 

Halkett

Kingsley

Atkinson

Smith

Devlin

Beni

McEneff

GMS

McKay 
Gino

Boyce

Good core to build a team around going forward there

Like the way the club have gone about these player extensions.

Putting a lot of needed pressure on Soutter to play ball and commit or GTF.

Very clever stuff.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Gordon

Stewart 

Halkett

Kingsley

Atkinson

Smith

Devlin

Beni

McEneff

GMS

McKay 
Gino

Boyce

...and only adding signings that makes this line-up stronger! Good time to be a Jambo!

Just now, Newton51 said:

**** him. **** him now. **** him when he plays for them. And **** him when he inevitably plays many more games for Scotland.

He should never pull on another Hearts shirt this season. Let him rot in the stands.

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Like the way the club have gone about these player extensions.

Putting a lot of needed pressure on Soutter to play ball and commit or GTF.

Very clever stuff.

Good shout...that crossed my mind also. If Souttar does stay, it'll be because of this IMO. Club have played a blinder here - keeping at least 4 out of our 5 back line and added a RWB.

2 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

May be an image of 7 people and text

This graphic the final nail in the coffin for those who think there’s a chance Souttar will stay.

Did hear Robbie’s comments on SATF yesterday. Not sure what else he’s supposed to say. He’d love him to stay + is telling Soapy that ‘he can’t afford to lose him in January’. But unfortunately he’ll be away in the summer for sure.

3 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

That is a work of beauty 👏 HHGH

Oh and any Hun puddle drinkers that are looking in “YOU let your Club die ! “

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

Loving that image, but surely they could include Atkinson in the image as they are talking about the defence (and keeper.)

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

**** him. **** him now. **** him when he plays for them. And **** him when he inevitably plays many more games for Scotland.

He should never pull on another Hearts shirt this season. Let him rot in the stands.

Totally agree. Bench him till the end of the season. 

Just now, indianajones said:

That's a bad one. 

It was coming unfortunately.

I don’t want to hear fans saying ‘well done’ or he ‘deserves it’ though. Football is football and if you join a rival club, especially on a free, you’re a rat who deserves the abuse.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

To stop Sky getting the clicks they are looking for, there is no detail in this whatsoever. Ignore

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Imagine signing a keeper to keep Shots out.

Tbf, Stendel never prioritised it. 

He liked the keeper to have a good pass in him. 

🤣🤣

AlphonseCapone
21 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I love the core of our squad which is fantastic because we've had quite a few teams over the last couple of years that I've actually hated. Got experience, character and heart through our squad. Such a different feeling to the club now. 

1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Aye no ideal🙄. Maybe just a laugh with a teammate though

I have no idea what i am looking at here 😀

What's the issue?

31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Peter Haring Next.  Will be absolutely devestated if Peter doesn’t sign up. 

Agree. I am not a jealous person but I would hate to see him in any other SPL team's colours.

Gordon Ramsay
6 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I don’t want to hear fans saying ‘well done’ or he ‘deserves it’ though. Football is football and if you join a rival club, especially on a free, you’re a rat who deserves the abuse.

He deserves all the abuse he is going to get. 

Prick. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Losing players to the old firm.is awful but it's happened for years and while nothing really changes significantly in terms of wages available then it will continue to happen.

Calling folk "rats" though. Get a grip. 

Vlad the impaler
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I have no idea what i am looking at here 😀

What's the issue?

McLaren replying to Nathaniel Atkinson with a ggtth🙄

13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This

Really need a strong proper solid defender to replace Souter. Not thrilled at having the same defence for the next couple of years. Dare I say a Berra type (before he was injured)

Edited by jambopilms

HEARTS FOREVER
1 minute ago, jambogemz said:

Losing players to the old firm.is awful but it's happened for years and while nothing really changes significantly in terms of wages available then it will continue to happen.

I can't think of a better word for him if he signs a pre contract with Rangers.

We're HEARTS fans on here....not John Souttar fans.

**** him.

Just now, jambogemz said:

Everybody knows your first paragraph is spot on.

Like any decent club, we all hate the old firm, so giving a player a bit of grief for joining one of them seems fair. Also, nobody knows the full story and we’re obligated to pay him but Hearts seem to have looked after Souttar as best they can. 

JS just needs to go now. Its clear the fans have kinda turned on him on this one (inc me) so we should take 500k and move him on. Perhaps a wee bit of negligence on the clubs part as Stevie Wonder could see he was moving on and we should have moved a little quicker on a replacement (assuming current squad doesn't fill that space)

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic