• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Dennis Reynolds

Really glad we've managed to sign up Smith, Kingsley, Halkett and Gordon. Really important we're not 'rebuilding' once again in the summer. 

Souttar can get ****ed. Anyone giving it the 'good move' for him patter can also get ****ed. Move him out the door and replace him, no time for pining over him!

A pre contract is the worst possible outcome. We don’t get any money for him now and we have a player who’s secured their own future (I’m alright Jack) who may have lost their appetite and bite to properly focus their playing for what we need to do. It’s also to a rival, not some championship club down south. So not only are we getting nothing, our rival is getting something and increasing the disparity between them and us even more. He can look after himself all he wants, but **** him if this is the outcome. I don’t want him playing for us again this season. That’s not being petty, it’s moving on and not assisting our rivals in the process.

22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Loving that image, but surely they could include Atkinson in the image as they are talking about the defence (and keeper.)

This is a a the image to focus on today,  not the expected loss of Souttar to that mob.   Fantastic image.  Always Hearts!  ♥️ 

8 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

JS just needs to go now. Its clear the fans have kinda turned on him on this one (inc me) so we should take 500k and move him on. Perhaps a wee bit of negligence on the clubs part as Stevie Wonder could see he was moving on and we should have moved a little quicker on a replacement (assuming current squad doesn't fill that space)

Moore in for Souttar and we’re fine to be honest. We could do with more depth, but Souttar should just be gone. Best for all parties if he is.

A_A wehatethehibs

Souttar an injury time bomb, hope it goes badly wrong for him and Rangers. Webster style. Except he’s nowhere near as good a player as Webster was. 

fabienleclerq
13 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Losing players to the old firm.is awful but it's happened for years and while nothing really changes significantly in terms of wages available then it will continue to happen.

Calling folk "rats" though. Get a grip. 

He is a ****ing rat. 

Couldn't care less about folk banging on about hearts contractual obligations, we've massively helped him progress and recover from injury. And he's..... ****ed off on a free. Rat. 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A pre contract is the worst possible outcome. We don’t get any money for him now and we have a player who’s secured their own future (I’m alright Jack) who may have lost their appetite and bite to properly focus their playing for what we need to do. It’s also to a rival, not some championship club down south. So not only are we getting nothing, our rival is getting something and increasing the disparity between them and us even more. He can look after himself all he wants, but **** him if this is the outcome. I don’t want him playing for us again this season. That’s not being petty, it’s moving on and not assisting our rivals in the process.

Not besmirching his character as I do think he is a good professional but he’s not going to put his body on the line and risk injury ahead of his move.   Better for all parties to agree a deal but not sure if that will happen.   

14 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

JS just needs to go now. Its clear the fans have kinda turned on him on this one (inc me) so we should take 500k and move him on. Perhaps a wee bit of negligence on the clubs part as Stevie Wonder could see he was moving on and we should have moved a little quicker on a replacement (assuming current squad doesn't fill that space)

Rangers won’t pay £500k and we won’t (definitely shouldn’t)  except less, my feelings are that JS will be here to June, and will have to suck up the abuse coming his way, that will however quickly quieten down if we are Winning matches, such is the fickle nature of football fans 

7 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Not besmirching his character as I do think he is a good professional but he’s not going to put his body on the line and risk injury ahead of his move.   Better for all parties to agree a deal but not sure if that will happen.   

Precisely this

Byyy The Light
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Moore in for Souttar and we’re fine to be honest. We could do with more depth, but Souttar should just be gone. Best for all parties if he is.

Moore in for Souttar and Smith as backup now we have Atkinson at rwb.

Not a problem.

Leveins Battalion

I like Souttar,but if we are all being honest we know he is a jog in the street away from a career ending injury.

We have done well to get half a season out him imo.

4 minutes ago, girvanjambo said:

This should not be an issue - if he signs a pre-contract with Rangers he should not play for Hearts again

My sentiments exactly. Give Moore the rest of the season to bed into the defence and hopefully get him on a permanent deal in the summer. 

5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

He is a ****ing rat. 

Couldn't care less about folk banging on about hearts contractual obligations, we've massively helped him progress and recover from injury. And he's..... ****ed off on a free. Rat. 

Exactly he has engineered this all along to screw us over and make sure he get's his move with us getting little or nothing after all we have done for him. Definition of a rat. I don't want to see him in a Hearts shirt again. He will deserve all the abuse he is going to get if Robbie picks him if he is still here. Get rid ASAP if we can but I doubt that will happen as they still have Goldson.

I said yesterday I thought we wouldn't offer Smith an extension. Glad to be proven wrong as will still be handy,

The Souttar stuff is just more column filler, The outcome is probably going to be Rangers unfortunately.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

I like Souttar,but if we are all being honest we know he is a jog in the street away from a career ending injury.

We have done well to get half a season out him imo.

It’s all the more reason to get the fud off the wage bill now. 

I must be in the minority but i don't see JS giving anything less than his all if he ends up staying until the summer.

And we will be a stronger team with him in it.

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

This is a shite rule.

last game of the season against rangers, who need a win to win the league, is Souter giving his all ?

I’ve said before, I think it’s in England they can discuss pre-contracts with clubs outside England now but they can only discuss with English clubs come June 1st to ensure it’s done come the season end. Unless the clubs come to a mutual agreement for discussions to take place beforehand. I feel this is something we should have up here. For precisely the sort of predicament we’re in now.

Just now, Homme said:

I must be in the minority but i don't see JS giving anything less than his all if he ends up staying until the summer.

I just don’t want him there, will be drama. Any mistake from him or when he plays against rangers will be a circus, better just getting rid of him now.

Just now, Homme said:

I can’t speak for others, but I would suggest yours is somewhat a naive view. In a perfect world I’m sure it’s true, but we don’t live in a perfect world.

kingantti1874

Like I’ve said for a while, I understand it from his perspective, and if I had the same decision to make I’d make the same one.  I really would.. 

but - it wasn’t my decision, I’m only a fan - and I ****ing detest everyone who plays for the arse cheeks..so John Souttar is no different..

So **** him I genuinely hope it goes really badly..  (unless he ever comes back 😆

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It's typical OF behaviour... get a prized asset on the cheap/free which strengthens THEM and weakens us. GTF!... we have every right to be petty... everything to do with Scottish football is for the benefit of THEM and THEM only, and a PC only keeps the trend alive and well. If it's a PC then he doesn't wear a Hearts shirt again... and can train with the kids. It's his choice - and being a petty arsehole is mine. He KNOWS how Scottish football 'cards are stacked' when  it comes to the uglies and this only helps THEM... but if he's fine with that, GTF.

Just get on with it JS!

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ve said before, I think it’s in England they can discuss pre-contracts with clubs outside England now but they can only discuss with English clubs come June 1st to ensure it’s done come the season end. Unless the clubs come to a mutual agreement for discussions to take place beforehand. I feel this is something we should have up here. For precisely the sort of predicament we’re in now.

Yeah that's right and Alexander was in the papers recently asking for it to be brought in due to the Tony Watt situation. 

Out a related note what are the last pre contracts that we have done, it's not something I think we see at Hearts very often unless my memory is failing me!

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It's typical OF behaviour... get a prized asset on the cheap/free which strengthens THEM and weakens us. GTF!... we have every right to be petty... everything to do with Scottish football is for the benefit of THEM and THEM only, and a PC only keeps the trend alive and well. If it's a PC then he doesn't wear a Hearts shirt again... and can train with the kids. It's his choice - and being a petty arsehole is mine. He KNOWS how Scottish football 'cards are stacked' when  it comes to the uglies and this only helps THEM... but if he's fine with that, GTF.

Just get on with it JS!

Agreed. He has to push for a move now. I’ve never booed a player in a Hearts shirt in all my years, but I will not be happy to see him walk out in a Hearts shirt again this season if he’s committed his future to them.

The Apprentice

We're in a real shit position now if he's signed a pre-contract with Rangers.

I get the club's stance in saying they will only let him go for a substantial fee this window but he's going to find it difficult with the fans so he's either got to stuck it up and take it or try and force the move. Rangers will know this and will chuck in a usual lowball offer and hope we take it.

He doesn't strike me as the type to throw a strop about it but I really can't see how he can stay here now.

there is absolutely hee-haw new in the sky article. it's saying the same as the red tops were a couple of days ago. any quotes are from neilson earlier in the season, the rest is just a "sky sports understands" splurge peice 

2 minutes ago, JamboRossi79 said:

Yeah that's right and Alexander was in the papers recently asking for it to be brought in due to the Tony Watt situation. 

Out a related note what are the last pre contracts that we have done, it's not something I think we see at Hearts very often unless my memory is failing me!

Halkett was one. Wasn’t announced until Livingston’s league status was secure and was confirmed we wouldn’t play them again that season. Barr from Falkirk. MacLean from St. Johnstone. We had Ikpeazu and Lee from down south, but that’s different.

Hopefully we are going to play a blinder here and announce his replacement later today. 

We've known for ages he's leaving and have apparently been scouting a replacement. 

He's shown his hand. Let's now show ours. 

Oh and bin him now. No-one gives 100.% effort when they have effectively handed in their notice..

44 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

**** him. **** him now. **** him when he plays for them. And **** him when he inevitably plays many more games for Scotland.

He should never pull on another Hearts shirt this season. Let him rot in the stands.

Robbie Neilson has already said quite clearly he isn’t going in January unless it’s crazy money. Thats almost verbatim what he said. He clearly intends to play him. I’m not sure that’s the right decision especially if it’s Rangers but that would appear to be a position he’ll find it hard to walk away from now

will-i-am-a-jambo
5 minutes ago, JamboRossi79 said:

Was Boyce not a pre contract but we ended up paying Burton Albion a fee to get him in January?

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

there is absolutely hee-haw new in the sky article. it's saying the same as the red tops were a couple of days ago. any quotes are from neilson earlier in the season, the rest is just a "sky sports understands" splurge peice 

Yes, but the red tops were reporting Rangers offered terms and were favourites, the Sky Sports one is a little more in that it says it understands it will happen. Also, Sky sports don’t tend to report on these things unless they’re sure, especially with Scottish stories, as most of the time they don’t report on anything at all.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Gav M said:

Nah when there’s this type of noise, it’s starting to look more like, a deal was done with Rangers a week ago and all these good news new contract posts are just a smokescreen for the announcement. Can only hope they have bought him rather than the pre contract. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Robbie Neilson has already said quite clearly he isn’t going in January unless it’s crazy money. Thats almost verbatim what he said. He clearly intends to play him. I’m not sure that’s the right decision especially if it’s Rangers but that would appear to be a position he’ll find it hard to walk away from now

If he plays Souttar but keeps someone like Moore on the bench he will get utter pelters from the stands throughout the 90 minutes.

Malinga the Swinga
22 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Souttar an injury time bomb, hope it goes badly wrong for him and Rangers. Webster style. Except he’s nowhere near as good a player as Webster was. 

Best watch. I received thread ban from another thread for comments in Souttar and his injuries. Wouldn't like you to suffer same fate.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

If he plays Souttar but keeps someone like Moore on the bench he will get utter pelters from the stands throughout the 90 minutes.

That’s something he’ll have to deal with. Personally I think a compromise deal will be done. It won’t be crazy money but it will be enough. If he staying he will play him IMO. I wouldn’t play him against Rangers personally and he (Souttar) will be under close scrutiny and he’ll get slaughtered if he anything less than outstanding

Vlad the impaler

Souttar knows what’s coming with signing a pre contract,that’s why he’s eager to get the deal

done asap. If the offer their traditional peanuts he’ll

stay and will play! Hearts have looked after him and he’s shat on us is how I see it!! Boooooooooo

AlphonseCapone

Pre-contract with Rangers is probably worst case scenario for us. If we bring in his replacement this window then drop him and let the new guy build relationships with his team mates. If not, we either play Souttar knowing he is going or don't play him and weaken ourselves. 

Hackney Hearts
10 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

He's shown his hand.

Has he? Wasn't aware he'd said anything yet. Nor Hearts or Rangers for that matter.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Pre-contract with Rangers is probably worst case scenario for us. If we bring in his replacement this window then drop him and let the new guy build relationships with his team mates. If not, we either play Souttar knowing he is going or don't play him and weaken ourselves. 

Do we urgently need a replacement, Atkinson frees up smith to slot in there, big Pete can play in there and 100% deserves game time .. Taylor Moore will play in there. 

I’m more concerned about forwards tbh

Edited by kingantti1874

Moving to a rival shouldn’t be an easy process. If he signs a pre contract keep him because the huns aren’t paying anything close to a fair fee and if he gets abuse then that’s an unfortunate reality of doing what he’s doing. 

20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Agreed. He has to push for a move now. I’ve never booed a player in a Hearts shirt in all my years, but I will not be happy to see him walk out in a Hearts shirt again this season if he’s committed his future to them.

I think the last time I booed a Hearts player was Laryea Kingston when he walked off with a minor injury and left us down to 10 men. 

Souttar is going to get slaughtered I feel. It’s counter productive and although we’re talking the talk, we’ll either have to let him go cheap in January or sit him in the stand. I don’t see how he can play without real anger towards him

It sends a message to everyone if we just keep on playing him. It says we think he’s better than we have or importantly than we can get. It says that Rangers can just sign a player and we are okay with it. I don’t like the message it sends.

What does it say if Dundee weren’t happy with Kamara signing a pre-contract, that Kilmarnock weren’t happy with Jones doing the same or Aberdeen weren’t happy with Wright doing the same - but we bend over backwards and just keep on playing him?

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It sends a message to everyone if we just keep on playing him. It says we think he’s better than we have or importantly than we can get. It says that Rangers can just sign a player and we are okay with it. I don’t like the message it sends.

What does it say if Dundee weren’t happy with Kamara signing a pre-contract, that Kilmarnock weren’t happy with Jones doing the same or Aberdeen weren’t happy with Wright doing the same - but we bend over backwards and just keep on playing him?

Jones scored against Rangers for Killie after he signed for them… 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic