** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Appreciate its been discussed to exhaustion but my thoughts on Souttar. I am considerably more frustrated with the potential of a Hearts player signing for 'them' than I am at the potential of John Souttar signing for them.

He's now in his 7th season at our club. He should be in with the bricks, a modern Mr Hearts, but he still feels (to me) like an outsider.

I think he is just a victim of unfortunate circumstance. A sickening history of injury, featured in an era when supporter and squad togetherness was limited (Cathro, Levein, Stendel). Featured in a Hearts era that gave us little good memories.

In the past 3 seasons he has missed over 60% of our matches. In his total time with us he has missed over 40% of our games.

Unfortunately Souttar has always been a 'jam tomorrow' situation.

A poster earlier suggested that you judge a player by where we would have been without him. Unfortunately over 7 seasons the answer to this is exactly where have been and exactly where we are.

We move on.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Tynecastlesmychurch

I’m perfectly chill with the situation. 

You could say sera sera etc

besides I have a good feeling we shall have good news in a couple days! In Savage we trust! 

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep, get him out immediately. Not interested in why he's leaving, not interested in listening to shite from the rat about how he enjoyed time at Hearts or whatever lies he comes out with.

He joined a club that most, not all sadly, Hearts supporters despise.

He hasn't tried to better himself on football terms, he's not testing himself against top quality players, he's ****ed off and shit on the club In support.

In short, he is a *****.

Had he had even a ounce of loyalty he would have taken a years extension from us with set fee that would have triggered his transfer out.  Instead he’s sold his soul to the Zombies. No respect for him having done things this way.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Homme said:

So much anger :lol:

Normal reaction when a player shits all over club that majority on here support. No idea who you support though, so maybe you're not bothered.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
40 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Surprised that we let Walker go without a ready made replacement,with Souttar set to bolt I hope we don’t get caught with our pants down and are scrambling about on deadline day for guys like Abiola Dauda 😒

I’m surprised you think we let Walker go unless we had a replacement or we wanted to put his wages towards another player.

I am genuinely really surprised about you.

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Make him sit in the stand then.

We need to stop making it so easy for these clubs to take our players on the cheap.

Would much rather have 400k and save his wages to go out and get long term replacement but i understand your point because I'm very disappointed aswell

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Normal reaction when a player shits all over club that majority on here support. No idea who you support though, so maybe you're not bothered.

I'm not that bothered. 

He's a good player but he's replaceable and for his time here the vast majority has been miserable for the average Hearts fan. He's not a club legend and he has achieved nothing.

Football wise I totally get his decision to move. He goes now we get money. I'm content.

2 hours ago, brux said:

SSN tend to be on the money and they are reporting Souttar to sign a pre contract today

Media event at Ibrox was scheduled this pm but not happened yet. 

HEARTS FOREVER
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would much rather have 400k and save his wages to go out and get long term replacement but i understand your point because I'm very disappointed aswell

I just don't understand why we would make this easy for Souttar and Rangers. 

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He has 4 months left of his contract. He has never played consistently and consistently well. May he be a multi million pound player in the future? Maybe. But my guess is his injuries will catch up to him and he won’t be consistently played at Ibrox. He’ll end up joining us on a free in 4 years following a loan at Bristol City or something.

Totally agree 

What the £1m or GTF proponents are missing is that market forces are at work here. It appears that after initial interest from england that has faded and we are left with the Huns. So he sees out his contract and we pay his wages for 4 months or we take £400k now plus possibly a % on a future transfer and get a player in who wants to play for us.If he was in such high demand they would have been knocking our door down to pay a fee, plenty teams in the EPL and Championship looking for a CH. With his injury history he is a major gamble for clubs, and the lack of concrete interest paints a picture of clubs not wanting to take a risk. Be interesting to see how long a contract he is getting at Ibrox, they may end up with egg on their faces.

If its correct we have made the best of a bad job IMO.

Look forward to booing JS the next time he gets beat at Tynecastle. HHGH

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

We need to stop making it so easy for these clubs to take our players on the cheap.

In fairness with Souttar we didn’t make it easy for anybody to take him, he’s been here 4 years. His injuries have kept him out our team for 2 years. To get good cash we needed to be selling him 2 years ago… 

Comes back, nobody knows how he’ll be,  has a purple patch, then Rangers decide to gamble on him.

Had he not got the injuries we would have got a lot more for him seasons ago.

It’s bad luck. Hope that bad luck continues for him, wish him all the very worst, hope it’s an absolute disaster. For us, take the cash get him gone now and get a replacement in. We paid £150k for John so spend that again, see who we can get 

7 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Appreciate its been discussed to exhaustion but my thoughts on Souttar. I am considerably more frustrated with the potential of a Hearts player signing for 'them' than I am at the potential of John Souttar signing for them.

He's now in his 7th season at our club. He should be in with the bricks, a modern Mr Hearts, but he still feels (to me) like an outsider.

I think he is just a victim of unfortunate circumstance. A sickening history of injury, featured in an era when supporter and squad togetherness was limited (Cathro, Levein, Stendel). Featured in a Hearts era that gave us little good memories.

In the past 3 seasons he has missed over 60% of our matches. In his total time with us he has missed over 40% of our games.

Unfortunately Souttar has always been a 'jam tomorrow' situation.

A poster earlier suggested that you judge a player by where we would have been without him. Unfortunately over 7 seasons the answer to this is exactly where have been and exactly where we are.

We move on.

Totally agree. Excellent post

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly, I think people are over estimating how much we can get for a player with less than 5 months on their contract who Rangers are not desperate to get in now. The money offered is good if we get £400k/£500k, I am sure we will do some holding out and get a sell on clause if possible. But its all about improving the squad and that money makes a big difference and can get us into the group stages of European competition, the crucial thing for that is that it brings even more money which puts us in a stronger financial position which means we can demand higher fees for our players.

Step up Mr Savage, find us a better player that's not got broken ankles and won't be lobbed from the oppositions defensive 3rd. 

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

He does need replaced. Can we replace him in January? Will we have time ? Will we try and get away without replacing him until the summer ?

Smith and Moore are his replacement. Atkinson is Smiths replacement. Next season Logan and Atkinson vying for rb, Smith, Moore, Halkett, Kingsley vying for middle three, Cochrane plus another left back vying for lb. Well covered. Only issue is persuading Moore and Cochrane to sign on and finding another left back otherwise it could be Halliday. Leo Watson is a maybe, depends how his loan goes. 

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good for you being all grown up and adult about it. Personally, he's shitting on the club I support and potentially going to a club I detest.

I therefore reserve the right to abuse anyone who signs for the sectarian loving, soap avoiding, knuckle dragging, zombie following, bunch of ***** known as Rangers.

Agreed, I'm a level headed jambo but this stinks.  All this rubbish about all we did was honour the contract.  The contract was to play football, not sit on the side lines and cost medical bills.  That happens, but he should have signed a year extension and backed himself to be good enough to get the move at the right price.  Absolute mercenary behaviour.

I'm sure he is desperate to get to the world cup. For any fee , the ball is in our court. If we dont get a reasonable and he signs a pc. Then he sits in the stand and is used only in emergencies and he can enjoy the world cup from his sofa

Exile fae Main Street

More interested in sell on % rather than whether it's 400k or 500k.....fact is they could have him for nowt on the Summer. I suspect his reason for wanting Jan move more to do with  Scotland prospects rather than looking after us.

Very unpalatable really does leave a bad taste....but will always be thus with the majority of kids growing up supporting either of OF will have an ambition of playing for them...Aaron Hickey excepted.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Media event at Ibrox was scheduled this pm but not happened yet. 

Medical passed, always sad when our players moves to one of them two, clearly off there for trophys, that's what players want to do I suppose, win things 

1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

I'm sure he is desperate to get to the world cup. For any fee , the ball is in our court. If we dont get a reasonable and he signs a pc. Then he sits in the stand and is used only in emergencies and he can enjoy the world cup from his sofa

Seconded

35 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

£400k for a guy with 6 months left on his contract and Achilles made of chocolate is perfectly acceptable.For £400k  I am sure 100% our recruitment team can find somebody equally as good if not better.🤷

👍spot on. Better than I expected. Esp if there’s a sell on as well though I doubt we would ever see anything from that. 

36 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

£400k for a guy with 6 months left on his contract and Achilles made of chocolate is perfectly acceptable.For £400k  I am sure 100% our recruitment team can find somebody equally as good if not better.🤷

Spot on.

33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If they’re offering £400k and a sell on % I’d snap their hand off to be honest. His mind has gone we should let him go this window. Frees up his wage for someone else too.

Yip. 

1 minute ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

More interested in sell on % rather than whether it's 400k or 500k.....fact is they could have him for nowt on the Summer. I suspect his reason for wanting Jan move more to do with  Scotland prospects rather than looking after us.

Very unpalatable really does leave a bad taste....but will always be thus with the majority of kids growing up supporting either of OF will have an ambition of playing for them...Aaron Hickey excepted.

These are the points in our favor

JS knows fine well he needs to be playing to be in the Scotland team. He is also aware that a time out without match practice could see him return cold and increase risk of injury. This is the reason he wants an immediate transfer.

I would rather be out of pocket than let Rangers get him with a derisory offer! Do you think they will accept £400K for Gouldson??? I don't bloody think so they would be all the red rags stating how offended they were.

If these articles are true stick him in the stands or Rangers can pay £1M take it or leave it you manky B*******

2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

£400k is insulting, **** them let's be petty and difficult here. Make a real offer or wait till Summer

It might be insulting but its the only offer on the table

1. sell him now get 400k, plus possibly a sell on fee ,save 5 months of wages ,bring in another CH (possibly

or

wait, pay 5 months wages ,get no money, play a player that doesn't want to be here, or sit him on the bench.

It might be insulting but its the only way to go IMO

26 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

400k is a joke. In every interview they've done, they've said it will take a massive offer for him to move now. Accepting an offer like that would have long-term ramifications for the club when looking to demand top dollar in the future. 1m minimum or GTF.

400k plus a sell on is a crazy deal for a player they don’t really need this season, a player who has a shocking injury record and a player who has only four months left on his contract.  Add in the 100k we wont pay him between now and summer and Savage has 500k+ to invest in players.  Now we will see how good he is. 

14 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Unless we get a decent fee ,cash up front, then sit him in the stand. 

That’s a £500k sit in the stand decision. Expensive. 

Morgaro Gomis

Never knew there were so many shitebags in our support who are more than happy to bend over and take it from Rangers. Sad to see. 

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

15% sell on added

I hope that is the case. It puts just a bit of icing on a rather dry cake.

Edited by Deevers

5 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Agreed, I'm a level headed jambo but this stinks.  All this rubbish about all we did was honour the contract.  The contract was to play football, not sit on the side lines and cost medical bills.  That happens, but he should have signed a year extension and backed himself to be good enough to get the move at the right price.  Absolute mercenary behaviour.

Hearts have done everything for Souttar. 

Obviously the injuries. But going back to when he joined in 2016, he went straight in team. After a period out of favour at Dundee United. 

He was part of things starting to go wrong for us after getting 3rd. Because he unsettled the defence. Augustin (not perfect but part of defence with Rossi that basically wasn't conceding any goals) left because Souttar took his place in team. That of course was also a Levein decision. 

But overall no loss if we never had him in first place. 

30 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

400k is a joke. In every interview they've done, they've said it will take a massive offer for him to move now. Accepting an offer like that would have long-term ramifications for the club when looking to demand top dollar in the future. 1m minimum or GTF.

Do you understand having a position of strength when negotiating? 

Just now, merrymac said:

It might be insulting but its the only offer on the table

1. sell him now get 400k, plus possibly a sell on fee ,save 5 months of wages ,bring in another CH (possibly

or

wait, pay 5 months wages ,get no money, play a player that doesn't want to be here, or sit him on the bench.

It might be insulting but its the only way to go IMO

Nah absolutely not, why bend over for them unless we need the cash? 7 figures or you're waiting til summer, John can either suck it up & deal with it or sit in the stands. It's not in our interests to strengthen them & weaken ourselves, what if he's the difference against us in a game that either a) costs us 3rd place or b) puts us out the cup. No chance we should be playing on their terms

2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Never knew there were so many shitebags in our support who are more than happy to bend over and take it from Rangers. Sad to see. 

👍

HEARTS FOREVER
11 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Exactly. Why make it easy?

2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

What would be your solution? 

26 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

That's what I had said yesterday on the subject. If we take 400k now then they will do this time and time again. 

Hammerofthehibs
37 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Well £400k should bring us in a reasonable replacement. John Souter is not the finished article by a long shot and that dodgy Achilles may well to come back to haunt him and Sevco. Still hurts that we stood by him when it was needed and he’s done little more than shit on us with that move.

Fully agree. Get what we can and move on. He could be injured in his next game then the ba is burst for the team he is contracted too. But he may fully recover and be a successful Scottish international- we should take credit for that

HEARTS FOREVER
Just now, 8skacel8 said:

That's what I had said yesterday on the subject. If we take 400k now then they will do this time and time again. 

Correct.

3 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Think about it. Following your idea we lose out on £400k, we lose out on any potential sell-on fee, we pay him £100k for rest of contract, we are a defender short for rest of season. That’s lose,lose,lose and lose. Where do we win if we let him sit in the stand? I’m confused 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic