Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, 8skacel8 said:

1 year extension for Smith.

Solid player to have in the squad and can play in a few different positions.

A useful squad player which we need, especially if we get into Europe. Also a great experienced head in the changing room that can help the younger players

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, lou said:

An early one in the bag today, could it be the first of 2 or 3? 

Was thinking that as well. The announcements normally come between 12 and 1, so curious to see this soo early.

3 minutes ago, lou said:

An early one in the bag today, could it be the first of 2 or 3? 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Was thinking that as well. The announcements normally come between 12 and 1, so curious to see this soo early.

You both are just getting greedy.

:look:

52 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

We could of had him before Hibs I believe. His Dad played for Hearts and he wanted to come to us.

Seems to have found good form at Melbourne. 

Maybe just friendly banter, but this put me off him...

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 10.07.18.png

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

A good news/shite news day, I'm going with.

Get the standard stuff out the way early. Then the shite news...Souttar.

Then appeasement...New signing(s).

Probably way off. As usual.

Yip.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

A good news/shite news day, I'm going with.

Get the standard stuff out the way early. Then the shite news...Souttar.

Then appeasement...New signing(s).

Probably way off. As usual.

Yeah would take that, Good news Smith is staying, bad news Souttar is off to Rangers, good news here is a new signing.

But of course we are probably looking far too much into this.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Excellent work by someone at Hearts. Been a good week.

Been a good window (so far)

Extended contracts for:

Craig Gordon

Stephen Kingsley

Craig Halkett

Michael Smith

Signed:

Nathanial Atkinson

Loaned out:

Jamie Walker

Leo Watson

Sold:

Nobody so far (at 10:19am on Friday 14th Jan 2022)

Big Pete next on the list for contracts ? 

Been excited with the players who have signed up so far, Wait until they announce Andy Halliday singing a contract 😂

19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

A useful squad player which we need, especially if we get into Europe. Also a great experienced head in the changing room that can help the younger players

I wonder if Haring will be offered the same?

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Been a good window (so far)

Extended contracts for:

Craig Gordon

Stephen Kingsley

Craig Halkett

Michael Smith

Signed:

Nathanial Atkinson

Loaned out:

Jamie Walker

Leo Watson

Sold:

Nobody so far (at 10:19am on Friday 14th Jan 2022)

Cammy Logan and Jamie Brandon also loaned out

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Big Pete next on the list for contracts ? 

Been excited with the players who have signed up so far, Wait until they announce Andy Halliday singing a contract 😂

'Dundee, Hamilton,

A two-year extenshee-yon...'

The early announcement does also make me wonder. But maybe the social media team are on a half day or have a wedding to get to or something. Could be reading something into nothing. But you do think there may be more. I’m with Barack, may be a shite sandwich day, start with Smith, then Souttar being sold to them, then maybe a Haring extension or something.

Good news re Smith. Although likely to only be back up for Atkinson/cover for centre back/defensive midfield, he's a competent and reliable squad player to have around and deserves an extension alone for his consistency over his time with us. 

Hopefully big Pete next then a new signing or two 🙏 

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

Good news re Smith. Although likely to only be back up for Atkinson/cover for centre back/defensive midfield, he's a competent and reliable squad player to have around and deserves an extension alone for his consistency over his time with us. 

Hopefully big Pete next then a new signing or two 🙏 

Is Haring's contract up in the summer?

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The early announcement does also make me wonder. But maybe the social media team are on a half day or have a wedding to get to or something. Could be reading something into nothing. But you do think there may be more. I’m with Barack, may be a shite sandwich day, start with Smith, then Souttar being sold to them, then maybe a Haring extension or something.

Thinking the same thing re early announcement. Wonder if we'll see a scarf later on.

So far we are making some great moves. Good to see Smith signing an extension as he’s a solid very steady player for us and can be utilised in various positions. Never lets us down. 

It’s good to see we have addressed the ‘all of our defence out of contract at the same time’ problem as well. Good forward planning as the three contract extensions of defenders are a year apart. 

Exciting to see what else happens today as it feels like some more announcements will be made. Just a gut feeling and in no way ITK. 

1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I wouldn’t be against making an offer to Jamie McLaren at Melbourne. At them he seemed a penalty box striker and he’s clearly a goalscorer

56 goals in 64 games for Melbourne. I could absolutely get behind this but he would cost too much money, imo.

2 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Yeah, don’t worry about defending properly. Craigs weekly wonder saves will save us. 

Is that Hearts' defense that you're slagging off? The team that's shipped the 3rd fewest goals thus far; 18 as opposed to Hibs' 22, Aberdeen's 24, Motherwell's 27, and Dundee's 37?

Perhaps you could wow us all with your infinite wisdom and give an example of any team whose goals against is as good and whose defense is so good that they're content to employ a rubbish 'keeper. After all, by your weird logic Gordon ain't part of our defense and we shouldn't need such a good 'un.

Liverpool are currently 3rd in the EPL having shipped 18 goals. Do you think that stat has nowt to do with their 'keeper? Or, to put it another way, is their defending also rubbish?

Nah, you're quite correct. We should defend better and save a few bob by ditching Gordon and re-employing Pereira.

Delighted Smith has signed. Might no be a regular starter for us going forward but I hope we keep extending until he retires. Top bloke, top professional, great to have around the club and has arguably been our best and most consistent player in 17/18/19. 

The Grim Reaper
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Is that Hearts' defense that you're slagging off? The team that's shipped the 3rd fewest goals thus far; 18 as opposed to Hibs' 22, Aberdeen's 24, Motherwell's 27, and Dundee's 37?

Perhaps you could wow us all with your infinite wisdom and give an example of any team whose goals against is as good and whose defense is so good that they're content to employ a rubbish 'keeper. After all, by your weird logic Gordon ain't part of our defense and we shouldn't need such a good 'un.

Liverpool are currently 3rd in the EPL having shipped 18 goals. Do you think that stat has nowt to do with their 'keeper? Or, to put it another way, is their defending also rubbish?

Nah, you're quite correct. We should defend better and save a few bob by ditching Gordon and re-employing Pereira.

Activate your brain before posting. 

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

*Defence

🧐

5 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Thinking the same thing re early announcement. Wonder if we'll see a scarf later on.

I doubt it. I can’t see a signing until end of next week at the earliest. We usually have something in the media, so unless it’s the guy from Japan that has basically been all but quashed since it became a story, any signing would be completely out of the blue. And there’s usually local media from the selling club at least who have something 24-48 hours before anything happens, despite the lack of leaks on our end.

So good to see some of our players wanting to stick around... really feel we could be on the brink of something special. As things stand, we've re-signed 4 of our back 5, and added a 'proper' RWB - excellent work Hearts!

2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Delighted Smith has signed. Might no be a regular starter for us going forward but I hope we keep extending until he retires. Top bloke, top professional, great to have around the club and has arguably been our best and most consistent player in 17/18/19. 

This 100%!

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I do wonder if we are looking at getting Cochrane on a pre contract in the Summer ? He has been a very consistent player for us too, would be delighted if we could get him on a permanent too, that would pretty much mean only 1 change in our defense now, with he who shall not be named going to iBrokes very shortly, continuanty breeds a winning mentality imo if we could just find a gem of a RCH then we could potentially end this window even stronger than we started it.

I'd like to see us sign Cochrane permanently as well as he's been one of our best and most consistent players this season. However, I wonder if Kingsley will move back to left back next season as we've only really moved him to left centre half to accommodate Cochrane. The club might feel there's no point in having 2 good left backs. 

Hope that's not the case though as Kingsley and Cochrane link up well together. 

5 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

56 goals in 64 games for Melbourne. I could absolutely get behind this but he would cost too much money, imo.

The money would probably be too much as he has 2.5 years left on his contract. If he was cheap enough his scoring rate would be worth a chance 

Vlad the impaler
6 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I’m sure agent Gowser could sort it all out,that’s some record btw

Vlad the impaler
49 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Aye no ideal🙄. Maybe just a laugh with a teammate though

• davemclaren changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Smith extends deal ( updated )
55 minutes ago, Dayman said:

At least include Natty's caption which was "Peace out to 2021- hello 2022" to give context so nobody misunderstands - he's obviously not referencing the Hearts/Hibs score. The commentor Jamie MacLaren (who was loaned to Hibs) is obviously just on the wind up.

Edited by Halliphax

16 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Who will not be getting a contract extension then ? 

Halliday 

Gino ? 

Gino has another year. Only signed permanently last summer

It was a random name that Barry Anderson threw out for looking at(not linking us) but Georgie Kelly from Bohemians 26 goals in 40 games last season available on a free looks like a interesting option

jamboinglasgow
25 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

exactly. Earlier in the season I was thinking he should go by the end of the season, but considering how he does in a number positions he is very useful to have around. Once Souttar goes, Smith will be the player who has been longest at the club.

1 minute ago, bazman said:

It was a random name that Barry Anderson threw out for looking at(not linking us) but Georgie Kelly from Bohemians 26 goals in 40 games last season available on a free looks like a interesting option

Someone on here linked us with him about 4 months ago, I imagine Baz has lifted it from here.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic