• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Think about it. Following your idea we lose out on £400k, we lose out on any potential sell-on fee, we pay him £100k for rest of contract, we are a defender short for rest of season. That’s lose,lose,lose and lose. Where do we win if we let him sit in the stand? I’m confused 

Put it this way if he plays on Tuesday the atmosphere will be negative from the start affecting 11 hearts players. For that reason we send him with the kids until rangers pay at least £1 million

John Souttar ain't being sold anywhere but down the way...or even not at all if he gets injured. More interested in reinvesting ASAP.

5 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Where'd you see that?

Probably a made up figure. Been known to post a lot of things during transfer windows that never come to anything.

Robbie said it would take silly money to get him during January, £400k is a lot but in the world of football transfer fees, even in Scotland, it's not silly money. 

Keep him, play him, if he's wanting to be involved internationally he'll still be giving his all. Tell Rangers to bolt. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Do you understand having a position of strength when negotiating? 

Of course mate. Our position is we have a player with the way he is performing at the moment is likely to contribute far more in prize money and European money than 400k. There's also the intangible cost of this deal showing to clubs that our prized assets are available for peanuts, even to our rivals. 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Kai Kennedy signs for Hamilton for anyone thinking he might have been included in some sort of p/x. 

I would have taken him as part of the deal. All this Robbie chat about would have to be an amazing offer. It’s not up to him. He has an opinion but the club might feel it’s worth getting some money for a replacement with the hope of a future sell on

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think about it. Following your idea we lose out on £400k, we lose out on any potential sell-on fee, we pay him £100k for rest of contract, we are a defender short for rest of season. That’s lose,lose,lose and lose. Where do we win if we let him sit in the stand? I’m confused 

There may not be a sell on clause and he may never be sold on. So we are not losing anything there until that is agreed or happens. 

I take your points that we are a player down and short term its not ideal for us. However long term by agreeing to sell this player now to Rangers, only encourages them to continue to do this with other players in the future, should they want to sign them.

If we were to take the stance that he isn't leaving now, it totally messes his plans to go to the World Cup, it leaves him in the stand watching for 4 months and sends a clear message to everyone that we won't be messed around.

kingantti1874

It’s push money.. but we could use it to secure another Devlin, Atkinson or the Japanese Striker..

again, pish money - but as soon as he signs that contract we are in a tough place..

sell

I’m curious as to what those who think accepting £400k is somehow bending over to them? You’ve seen me in this thread, I’m as petty about this deal as anyone, but what are you wanting exactly? Nothing and he leaves in the summer with us paying his wages? Or are you expecting more? As someone who has 4 months left on his contract with his injury history is not going to garner 7 figures. Not sure what planet you’re operating on if you think that’s the case.

5 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

That's what I had said yesterday on the subject. If we take 400k now then they will do this time and time again. 

They can only do it if we let players get into a similar situation to run down their contracts. JS situation was unfortunate, at the time we would have looked at a new contract he was injured, and it was a risk.

He has made it clear he no longer wants to play for us, and wouldn't do the honourable thing ans sign a short term contract to let us get a fee.

If they come looking for a player with 2+ years on his contract totally different ball game.

Cut your losses, take the money and improve the squad.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Agentjambo said:

More interested on seeing how Robbie would explain £400k as being a “crazy “offer….

I'd have been more interested in why he would have said anything else. Robbie won't have to explain to me why he said 'crazy offer', it's bloody obvious why.

bringonthesevco

If he does well at rangers then a move to England is likely and a potential sell-on would be valuable .

much as it would stick in the throat I’d take 500k and a sell-on today…

The club are not mugs and as they’ve said repeatedly, we don’t need to sell. If a fee has been agreed with the Rangers, it will be undisclosed. Not sure where the £400k one has been plucked from.

Regardless, if he does indeed sign for them, his position as a Hearts player, like it or not, is untenable. The fans won’t like it one bit if he stays on until the summer and will boo his every touch. This will become an unnecessary distraction for the team.

Maybe as part of the deal, he insisted he would sign for them but only if they agreed to pay a reasonable fee to us (perhaps that gave them the edge over Blackburn etc). Or maybe I’m giving him way too much credit.

Either way, this can’t drag on. 

Edited by MattyK82

1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Of course mate. Our position is we have a player with the way he is performing at the moment is likely to contribute far more in prize money and European money than 400k. There's also the intangible cost of this deal showing to clubs that our prized assets are available for peanuts, even to our rivals. 

I disagree as he isn’t a prized asset. If John had two years left on his contract then we wouldn’t consider selling him for 400k. If he stays this will become toxic. 

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m curious as to what those who think accepting £400k is somehow bending over to them? You’ve seen me in this thread, I’m as petty about this deal as anyone, but what are you wanting exactly? Nothing and he leaves in the summer with us paying his wages? Or are you expecting more? As someone who has 4 months left on his contract with his injury history is not going to garner 7 figures. Not sure what planet you’re operating on if you think that’s the case.

Well said. 

I mean, I just want this story to end. Get the money, save his salary and reinject all this on one striker, one winger & one central defender. And grab the third place + a good run on the scottish cup and move on

30 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'd get Branthwaite on loan and throw 200k at Jamie Hamilton.

I like this although, make the bid for Hamilton and let Hamilton keep him for the season, see what’s happening with Moore and if need be then Hamilton is a starter for us next season. 

1 minute ago, HMFC_France said:

I mean, I just want this story to end. Get the money, save his salary and reinject all this on one striker, one winger & one central defender. And grab the third place + win the the scottish cup and move on

FTFY

LarrysRightFoot
7 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

EEN still reporting Sheff Utd want to beat Rangers to signing Souttar 

10 mins later they report he’s agreed a pre-contract with Rangers 

4 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

I mean, I just want this story to end. Get the money, save his salary and reinject all this on one striker, one winger & one central defender. And grab the third place + a good run on the scottish cup and move on

That's my ideal scenario, although maybe 2 striker's

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I disagree as he isn’t a prized asset. If John had two years left on his contract then we wouldn’t consider selling him for 400k. If he stays this will become toxic. 

He's one of our best players, and we've got a lot better chance of finishing in 3rd this season if he plays at the level he has done this season. Not saying he necessarily will because of course this will have some impact on him, but he's a proper professional so I think he can continue to be a key player for us this season. All different if we can find a long-term replacement this window who is of the required quality, but that is really difficult to do in this window.

2 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

He's one of our best players, and we've got a lot better chance of finishing in 3rd this season if he plays at the level he has done this season. Not saying he necessarily will because of course this will have some impact on him, but he's a proper professional so I think he can continue to be a key player for us this season. All different if we can find a long-term replacement this window who is of the required quality, but that is really difficult to do in this window.

With a fear of being injured and the fans reception, he will be nowhere the player he has been 

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Ayase Ueda with the Souttar fee please!

Sadly now his contract is at least another year, I think his team will be looking for close to or over a 7 figure transfer fee

Tom Hardy’s Dug
31 minutes ago, Macros said:

Robbie said it would take silly money to get him during January, £400k is a lot but in the world of football transfer fees, even in Scotland, it's not silly money. 

Keep him, play him, if he's wanting to be involved internationally he'll still be giving his all. Tell Rangers to bolt. 

Robbie is doing what he should do - trying to ensure we get as much money as possible.

He can hardly come out and say “well, if he signs a pre-contract we’ll be doing well to get £300k”

Rudi cant fail

If we get a sell on clause of around 15% then it’s not that bad. If he goes there and does well we could get upwards of £1million. Not great, but not too bad considering. If we don’t it means that he’s either been rubbish or injured, if it’s injured then we may have dodged a bullet by giving him a decent contract.

If rangers aren’t willing to insert a clause or pay up a decent amount now, Then let him train with the reserves and blow any change of him going to the World Cup. We’ve been far to soft as a club for too long now, It’s only a few years ago that we were helping lower league rangers out by giving them Jason holt on the cheap and Billy king on loan. We’re still allowing a current player in Halliday to wax lyrical over them at any given opportunity. 

John souttar has known for months that he had no intention of staying beyond his current contract despite the support the club has shown him over the years with injuries, either he has been dishonest with the club or we have known this and really should have addressed this before now by bringing someone in(we might have been)

He should not kick another ball for us again unless we’re struggling with injuries and it’s on our terms. 

I am as annoyed as the next person but being awkward and sitting guys in the stands for months only plays really badly with the present squad and anyone thinking about coming to the club.

It's a tricky one with Souttar, he can stroll around with the ball and ping cross field passes looking like a million dollars or he can be absolutely rank rotten useless and bullied like he was at Fir Park recently. No guaranteed success or starter at Ibrox. Hindsight might show that playing in a 3 suited him and disguised limitations just as much as it has Halkett.

Disappointing he is joining one of the arse cheeks but ultimately a guy with his injury record will put off top flight English clubs as the level of fitness required in the EPL is very high. I don't wish him any personal injury but I do hope he is an utter disaster for the Huns and supporters are on his back before the end of the season. Now jog on you rat b*st*rd...

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
4 minutes ago, lou said:

With a fear of being injured and the fans reception, he will be nowhere the player he has been 

Would he not have been playing with the fear of being injured before signing with Rangers though? Surely signing a long-term deal with them takes away that fear. Agree that the fans reception will have an impact but he's a strong character.

The White Cockade
42 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed, sell-on highly unlikely to be worth much, if anything 

So how were we going to get a big fee for him then?

If he does well there he’s in a far bigger shop window than with us 

27 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think people are basing it on a number of things

1 Strengthening a competitor

2 Consistently being done over both the Ar*e cheeks

3 Would rangers accept this for gouldson?

4 They have been quoted £2M for a guy from holland in the exact same situation (Wouldn't be surprised if they paid that tbh as they will gladly pay clubs out with Scotland good money)

I would rather take the financial hit and stand firm against them to make a point than to look stupid after already having stated publicly that it will take and ridiculous offer!

This is how I feel and obvs many others but everyone is clearly entitled to their own opinion. Ultimately its down to the board so we will need to wait and see

jamboinglasgow

Just seen this interesting tweet (I know its from a Celtic twitter) but it does the most important piece of business done so far this season is keeping Kingsley

52 minutes ago, merrymac said:

It might be insulting but its the only offer on the table

1. sell him now get 400k, plus possibly a sell on fee ,save 5 months of wages ,bring in another CH (possibly

or

wait, pay 5 months wages ,get no money, play a player that doesn't want to be here, or sit him on the bench.

It might be insulting but its the only way to go IMO

I agree. We need to be pragmatic. 

I've never been Souttars biggest fan but it is a sickener that he's going through there but he's replaceable, if he was that good he'd have much more suitors than bloody Blackburn or Rangers - bad injury record too and pretty much a guarantee I'd suspect he'll be in the treatment room at Murray Park more than minutes he spends on the pitch at Ibrox 

Fire_At_The_Disco

This feels like a much more secure and steady transfer window, tying up the main parts of our squad, getting rid of deadwood/ rats and hopefully bringing in 2 or 3 quality signings. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic