** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

There's another thread for all the Souttar chat. Can people use it and leave this for news/views about other transfers. Souttar is yesterday's man.

Well, I would but one comment on Souttar last night means I can't any longer.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why wouldn't we play him if he's still here???

Have Rangers dropped Goldson?

Have Chelsea dropped Rudiger?

Is Goldson joining club in same league?

Is Rudiger joining club in same league?

Thought not, so different scenario.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If it does come to that situation it wouldn’t suprpise me if  he’d picked up a slight injury and was unable to play. 

26 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

In dreams!

They're both very much up there for me, in truth.  Love Adam Ant.  Kinda want to be him a bit.

Adam and the Ants... now yer talkin! Loved them ever since I saw the Dog Eat Dog video - they had 2 sets of drums/drummers! Magic!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

Sorry read it wrong thought u had said in the squad.

He's not going to play as first choice even at rangers as Clarke plays the ones he's loyal too.

He is quite loyal no doubt about that. 

27 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Why is the same league relevant? It's just small minded parochial nonsense...

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Adam and the Ants... now yer talkin! Loved them ever since I saw the Dog Eat Dog video - they had 2 sets of drums/drummers! Magic!

Was about 11  or 12 when they were out and a huge fan. Had the posters from Smash Hits as well as most of the singles. 

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

He's on less than half that..

Poor guy, he must be really struggling in these uncertain times 😀

Edited by jambo_74

If Savage is as hard-nosed as he comes across, I don't think Soapy will pull on a maroon jersey again if he signs a pc for Rangers (meaning we don't get a fee.) A prize asset, gone for zilch, weakening us, to one of our rivals... I don't think that will sit well with JS or anyone else with a connection to the club, for that matter. I just don't see that happening, which means we still have a decent bargaining tool (ie the fee) if he is to leave for them.

Neil Mccanns Wand
51 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Do folk know that the average wage in the English championship is £35,000 a week? 

The highest earner in then championship is reportedly on £75,000 a week

Average at Celtic - £17,000 a week

Average at Rangers - £12,500 a week 

What’s the average at Hearts? 😬

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I just have a feeling that the whole covid demotion etc was a huge wakeup call for everyone senior at the club.  The general feel of the club has changed since then imo.  With us or against us.

No proof of course, but it just feels that way to me.

I think since Savage has arrived everything in the football department has changed, not sure what McKinley has fine apart from hiring Joe. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

Does it matter?   I thought Savage was the one who negotiated player contracts,  would be very surprised if Budge or McKinley get involved in negotiations - they should just be approving the budget.

Yes it should be Savage, I suppose it does matter if the Chief Executive and the person who makes the final decisions on things are competent. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

That is absolute pish I'm afraid. Scotland's CB choices are dire. Souttar will be in there every time if he is fit.

In your opinion, he was added due to an injury,also if he’s stuck in the stand in March,  he’s unlikely to be picked if everyone who Clarke usually picks is fit. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

In your opinion, he was added due to an injury,also if he’s stuck in the stand in March,  he’s unlikely to be picked if everyone who Clarke usually picks is fit. 

100% this unless he moves west or to an EPL/higher EFL Championship team.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

Allan Hutton, Liam Miller? Billy Gilmour 🤷🏻‍♂️

Spurs are not and never will be a bigger club than Rangers, dead or alive. 
Liam Miller was a squad player and Gilmour has played about ten games. 
Its extremely rare for anyone to leave the uglies for a huge fee to a bigger club in England and play regularly. 

Is it in England where come January 1st you’re allowed to speak with foreign clubs to negotiate pre-contracts but you’re not allowed to negotiate with domestic clubs until June 1st (contracts usually expiring June 30th) to allow for season completion first? That’s something we should really have I’d say.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

100% this unless he moves west or to an EPL/higher EFL Championship team.

If he moves to Rangers and plays, can’t see an EPL team going for him, or plays regularly for a decent level team. I think all his competition are playing for bigger clubs at a higher level apart from McKenna. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Nothing to do with parochialism, though, is it?

Pretty straight-forward that you're less likely to ahem...robustly tackle...someone who will be a colleague in a few months than one who you'll likely never play against again.

That seems so obviously human nature that I'm astonished anyone is arguing otherwise.

If he goes to them on a pre-contract I'd sit him in the stand, he'll potentially miss the world Cup. Serves him right.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Now *this* is parochialism! :)

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

None of them went onto bigger clubs.. the 'old firm' are the biggest clubs on the face of the planet n nat likesey but ye ken naw!

I know that it's probably a piss take however none of those mentioned moved to clubs bigger than Celtic or Rangers. Yeah Van Dijk has subsequently moved to one. They all have more money than the old firm but that's it. Unfortunately that's always going to happen with the money from down south.

Edited by dougal

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Club policy should be that no one plays for Hearts after signing a pre-contract with another club.

Is there any evidence of this, hope it’s true. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

None of them went onto bigger clubs.. the 'old firm' are the biggest clubs on the face of the planet n nat likesey but ye ken naw!

As time goes on, the alleged Celtic attendance at Lisbon in '67 must be over a million by now. Cannae get bigger than that! 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, HighTimes said:

Now *this* is parochialism! :)

No I just realise that a team that’s known as London Hibs and have a term called Spursedit, who have won one trophy this century and extremely little since the 60s aren’t a bigger club than these horrible *******s through the west. Nobody could believe they were part of the super league teams. 

1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

Can we maybe have a "Greetin, moaning, mouth foaming about all things Souttar"  thread and get this one back on topic ?

Whens the 2 strikers arriving  ?  

Aye, this, please.

9 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Nothing to do with parochialism, though, is it?

Pretty straight-forward that you're less likely to ahem...robustly tackle...someone who will be a colleague in a few months than one who you'll likely never play against again.

That seems so obviously human nature that I'm astonished anyone is arguing otherwise.

Are we playing Rangers every week like?

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its extremely rare for anyone to leave the uglies for a huge fee to a bigger club in England and play regularly. 

Spurs, granted, however the question was who from the uglies has went to a bigger club, doesn’t matter how many games they played they still went there which is what u asked. 

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

As time goes on, the alleged Celtic attendance at Lisbon in '67 must be over a million by now. Cannae get bigger than that! 

I can still reel of their Lisbon team. Changed days indeed, I haven't a skooby.

2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

It was a very special team of 100% Scots born within a few miles of Parkhead.  That team was respected across the world for their achievement.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I just realise that a team that’s known as London Hibs and have a term called Spursedit, who have won one trophy this century and extremely little since the 60s aren’t a bigger club than these horrible *******s through the west. Nobody could believe they were part of the super league teams. 

If the 2 clubs were buildings, Rangers would be an old pish ridden tower block in Glasgow whereas Spurs is The Shard.

Which building has the bigger valuation?

Malinga the Swinga
33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Last game of season Hearts v Rangers. They need to win to clinch league and so do we. Would I want players in my team who aren't 100% committed to my club?

They need point to win league and we need three points to be third. Morelos through in last seconds and Souttar chasing him. Would he bring him down if joining them next season? Let's not kid ourselves, he might just hesitate and that isn't good enough.

Guess The Crowd
8 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Only one of whom a fee was paid for, I think I’m correct in saying.

Player and club? 

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

It was a very special team of 100% Scots born within a few miles of Parkhead.  That team was respected across the world for their achievement.

Funny how things change. Even in the eighties I willed Ferguson’s Aberdeen side to win in Europe. Wouldn’t wish todays Aberdeen side anything other than bad luck and misery and obviously wish Celtic even more misery. 

1 hour ago, muldoon74 said:

I see your point but the way I see it is he's our player until he isn't, therefore as a professional he should have the integrity to give his best in every remaining game he plays for us. That includes Rangers.

Be a professional and play your best for the club that is still paying your wages. If that means helping stop rangers in a potential title clinching game then so be it. 

Yup. I remember Danny Wilson being in our team when we played The Rangers at Tynie ... when sub Zeefuik silenced the ½ stand of bluenoses on the final match day.

That away Gers crowd chanted to a person, "Danny Wilson, You're a wan*er, You're a wan*er."

Who did he sign for next? 👈 Rhetorical question. 🙃

Edited by Wee Mikey

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Was in the past. They also benefited from having officials in their pockets in domestic games. Celtic FC have no respect anywhere, except in the minds of themselves and their fans.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Funny how things change. Even in the eighties I willed Ferguson’s Aberdeen side to win in Europe. Wouldn’t wish todays Aberdeen side anything other than bad luck and misery and obviously wish Celtic even more misery. 

I agree, same when Dundee Utd got to the UEFA cup final.  Most of Scotland willed them on.  Now there is REAL hatred between rival fans of teams and teams themselves.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Was in the past. They also benefited from having officials in their pockets in domestic games. Celtic FC have no respect anywhere, except in the minds of themselves and their fans.

Corrupt officials is nothing new in our game mate.  Hate the way the supposed 'regulator' of our national sport is so transparent in their bias towards those 2 arse cheeks.

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

On what basis? It's a strong statement and for me it's not clear at all,  so I'm curious.   Genuine question as Spurs play in a far bigger league,  in front of larger attendances, have a far bigger turn over etc etc.....Rangers have won far more trophies but in a much weaker league - and that's only if you accept the pre liquidation history.      Are Rangers really a big club outside of Scotland?    

5 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Only one of whom a fee was paid for, I think I’m correct in saying.

Player and club? 

Willie Wallace £30,000 from Hearts

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

On what basis? It's a strong statement and for me it's not clear at all,  so I'm curious.   Genuine question as Spurs play in a far bigger league,  in front of larger attendances, have a far bigger turn over etc etc.....Rangers have won far more trophies but in a much weaker league - and that's only if you accept the pre liquidation history.      Are Rangers really a big club outside of Scotland?    

No, they aren't. The Scottish media try and build Rangers and Celtic to be big clubs, but in reality, they are minnows in European and world terms. 

Apart from their sectarianism, they bring nothing to football.

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Last game of season Hearts v Rangers. They need to win to clinch league and so do we. Would I want players in my team who aren't 100% committed to my club?

They need point to win league and we need three points to be third. Morelos through in last seconds and Souttar chasing him. Would he bring him down if joining them next season? Let's not kid ourselves, he might just hesitate and that isn't good enough.

I can see the argument for him not to play against Rangers but for me he plays every other game.

bobby bombscare

I have loved having Soapy back this season and still think he has what it takes to go to the top (regardless of where he goes).

BUT, i can't help but feel he is never more than a season away from his next bad injury and how many times this season when he has gone down have we thought "that's him done"? I know he is good and we will likely not be able to find someone that good to replace him.. but honestly, i don't care where he goes, as long as he gets the contract signed and makes us some money before getting his next injury! 

It sounds harsh, but i'm going to enjoy having a season where i don't need to worry about one of the most important players on our team is going to be fit or if he will end his career with another injury.. 

What a player he is.. but hopefully his next injury is someone else's financial burden. 

Just now, Chimp said:

Jermaine Defoe released by Rangers. Would never happen but I’d take him til the end of the season, 38 years old or not 😆

He still scores goals and is an immense finisher. Can't see Hearts transfer strategy taking him on even in the short term. 

5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Spurs were recently in a Champions League Final. I feel pretty confident in saying that Rangers will never participate in one. That gives us an idea of the relative strengths of the two clubs/teams.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic