** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

6 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Jermaine Defoe released by Rangers. Would never happen but I’d take him til the end of the season, 38 years old or not 😆

Rangers fan at work says he's off to Sunderland 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Ronald Villiers

Soapy trying to engineer a move to Rangers, if true, leaves a bad taste.  We saw the guy through a number of serious injuries and stood by him.  I think we all knew he'd move on to fulfill his potential sooner than later, but he's given us all his thanks on one plate by not signing even a 1 year extension to allow us to sell to the highest bidder and arrange a decent sell on fee.

He's now clearly got his eye on the World Cup as he'll be a shoe in to be there the minute he signs for Rangers.  He's probably got much less of a chance to make the World Cup if he choses one of the Championship teams.  It'll be interesting to see how much Rangers want him and what they'll offer.  It's always amazed me how the Old Firms value of a player increases ten fold the minute they sign for them.  I hope Soapy goes in January.  I don't want anyone playing for us who's heart isn't in it.

16 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

On what basis? It's a strong statement and for me it's not clear at all,  so I'm curious.   Genuine question as Spurs play in a far bigger league,  in front of larger attendances, have a far bigger turn over etc etc.....Rangers have won far more trophies but in a much weaker league - and that's only if you accept the pre liquidation history.      Are Rangers really a big club outside of Scotland?    

Spurs also have more European trophies 3 to rangers 1

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Spurs, granted, however the question was who from the uglies has went to a bigger club, doesn’t matter how many games they played they still went there which is what u asked. 

So two players who went for a few grand compensation, doesn’t really prove the case that going to a bigger club from the uglies is likely to happen. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yep but doesn’t get you away from the fact that the highest paid player at Rangers, Morelos, is on 15 grand a week less than a bang average Charlie Austin at QPR 

Yeah, agreed. 

Reinforces my point that joining shitey yo-yo English sides is all about money and not football reasons ( trophies / finals / Europe etc). 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If the 2 clubs were buildings, Rangers would be an old pish ridden tower block in Glasgow whereas Spurs is The Shard.

Which building has the bigger valuation?

I agree but that’s not really how it’s measured, they didn’t even build a trophy room ffs 😆

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Jermaine Defoe released by Rangers. Would never happen but I’d take him til the end of the season, 38 years old or not 😆

No chance. 

He's after a pension top up, not what we want. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

On what basis? It's a strong statement and for me it's not clear at all,  so I'm curious.   Genuine question as Spurs play in a far bigger league,  in front of larger attendances, have a far bigger turn over etc etc.....Rangers have won far more trophies but in a much weaker league - and that's only if you accept the pre liquidation history.      Are Rangers really a big club outside of Scotland?    

They haven’t always played in a bigger league, only the 40 odd years. Does geography and playing in a league with giants like Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/City and Chelsea not help you gain global coverage you didn't have before it? 
I don’t think Rangers are that big a club in the grand scheme of things but neither are Spurs. 
You can’t go anywhere without seeing fans of the uglies with their replica tops on, hardly ever see a Spurs top. 
I don’t think there is a way of properly measuring it, but having the luck of playing in a great league certainly helps. Look at Bournemouth spending £20m on players with a smaller fan base than 5 Scottish clubs for instance. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So two players who went for a few grand compensation, doesn’t really prove the case that going to a bigger club from the uglies is likely to happen. 

There’s probably more that I can’t think of, but again I was t trying to prove anything other than answering your question 👍🏻  

23 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Would be fine til end of season

August Landmesser
8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Would be fine til end of season

Not a patch on Zeefuik though eh?

Okay, so we saying we hear nothing by 6 then no contract extension announcement until tomorrow? New signing likely what now, 31st?

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Okay, so we saying we hear nothing by 6 then no contract extension announcement until tomorrow? New signing likely what now, 31st?

New signings on the 32nd

58 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

He still scores goals and is an immense finisher. Can't see Hearts transfer strategy taking him on even in the short term. 

I can.

If we're having to wait for the Japanese striker until the summer, we could do worse than sign Defoe as a "fill in".

46 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No chance. 

He's after a pension top up, not what we want. 

Last thing we need at Tynecastle is 38 year old wage thieving holidaymaker who thinks he has a ‘brand’  The guy is an utter tool.

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Make yer mind up. 

A few posts back you said he could move from The Rangers to

Man Utd. 😂😂😂

Errrrr No……. I didn’t.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I can.

If we're having to wait for the Japanese striker until the summer, we could do worse than sign Defoe as a "fill in".

I'm not against it but will probably depend on wages as well. I can see a few clubs in England looking at him as well, especially League One. He would score goals for Hearts, that I have no doubt about. 

so the Hearts transfer thread is now, the arguing about the @rse cheeks thread.... wonderful !

Someone posted earlier about Itten on loan being part of the settlement from Rangers if Soapy goes there. Interesting that he has just been recalled from his loan in Germany. He certainly won’t be in first team at Ibrox any time soon. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Kingsley signed up.

Ogashiwa signed

New CF

Replacement for Soapy

Would be :glorious:

Who has signed?

46 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They haven’t always played in a bigger league, only the 40 odd years. Does geography and playing in a league with giants like Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/City and Chelsea not help you gain global coverage you didn't have before it? 
I don’t think Rangers are that big a club in the grand scheme of things but neither are Spurs. 
You can’t go anywhere without seeing fans of the uglies with their replica tops on, hardly ever see a Spurs top. 
I don’t think there is a way of properly measuring it, but having the luck of playing in a great league certainly helps. Look at Bournemouth spending £20m on players with a smaller fan base than 5 Scottish clubs for instance. 

This is all true and agree with the context - Bournemouth being a classic example of the wealth in the EPL dwarfing the wealth in other leagues.    Still feel that it's difficult to argue that Rangers are a bigger club than Spurs but that's just my view - it may be true that they have a bigger fan base I don't really know...but there are other factors too of course.  Anyhow - living in hope of a new striker and Kinsley extending 🤞

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Someone posted earlier about Itten on loan being part of the settlement from Rangers if Soapy goes there. Interesting that he has just been recalled from his loan in Germany. He certainly won’t be in first team at Ibrox any time soon. 

How is getting a player on loan seen as part of any settlement  ?  

they can keep him

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Kingsley signed up.

Ogashiwa signed

New CF

Replacement for Soapy

Loved this post....until the 'would be' bit!   😂

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

This is all true and agree with the context - Bournemouth being a classic example of the wealth in the EPL dwarfing the wealth in other leagues.    Still feel that it's difficult to argue that Rangers are a bigger club than Spurs but that's just my view - it may be true that they have a bigger fan base I don't really know...but there are other factors too of course.  Anyhow - living in hope of a new striker and Kinsley extending 🤞

🤞👍🏽

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Kingsley signed up.

Ogashiwa signed

New CF

Replacement for Soapy

You after a job for The Sun? 😆

1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

How is getting a player on loan seen as part of any settlement  ?  

they can keep him

We might have asked for 500k, 20% and Itten on loan for the season.

It'd be that or he's getting abuse for the next few months. I don't think Robbie would drop him tbh.

3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Loved this post....until the 'would be' bit!   😂

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

You after a job for The Sun? 😆

Just changing the subject.... :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If we’re lucky

or will wait for free transfer in feb 

We create so many chances, we just don't finish enough of them.  If Defoe was happy to spend another 6 months in Scotland and his demands weren't excessive, I'd certainly take him.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It'd be that or he's getting abuse for the next few months. I don't think Robbie would drop him tbh.

Makes sense !

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Simple minded maybe a bit harsh but incredibly naive then. 

Perhaps naive to drop our best centre back? Quite a slight on Souttar's character and professionalism to suggest he wouldn't maintain his high standards.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Perhaps naive to drop our best centre back? Quite a slight on Souttar's character and professionalism to suggest he wouldn't maintain his high standards.

So what?  You don’t know him and you have no idea if he’d give 100 percent. Feel compromised when playing rangers or not. Better to put 11 committed players on the park who haven’t signed a contract with our competitors. 

11 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It seems Itten is being recalled from his loan. Perhaps to replace Defoe.   Would we take Katic?

2 minutes ago, Wilson said:

It seems Itten is being recalled from his loan. Perhaps to replace Defoe.   Would we take Katic?

Is he not on loan somewhere as well? 

1 hour ago, Tatlock said:

Willie Wallace £30,000 from Hearts

True .... but they also bought Ronnie Simpson from Hibs

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Is he not on loan somewhere as well? 

Hajduk Split

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So what?  You don’t know him and you have no idea if he’d give 100 percent. Feel compromised when playing rangers or not. Better to put 11 committed players on the park who haven’t signed a contract with our competitors. 

I'd like to see us play our best 11 players whenever possible. Fans being hurt or upset that he's moving to Rangers is irrelevant.

4 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Was going to ask this myself I cannot remember a player leaving the old firm to a Liverpool , Man Utd , Chelsea. 

Kenny Dalgliesh for one. 

27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think Itten will be part of the first team as their reserve attacker. . 

1 minute ago, Canscot said:

Kenny Dalgliesh for one. 

John Spencer, Rangers to Chelsea !

Anyway, back to the Hearts transfers....where's the striiiikers !!!

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I'd like to see us play our best 11 players whenever possible. Fans being hurt or upset that he's moving to Rangers is irrelevant.

I never mentioned fans being upset so not sure if you’re making a general point but replying to me at the same time. 

I am saying that different players will almost certainly show a different level of commitment in the circumstance we are discussing and neither of us know the commitment Souttar will show because we don’t know him. Nobody denying he’s a good player. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I never mentioned fans being upset so not sure if you’re making a general point but replying to me at the same time. 

I am saying that different players will almost certainly show a different level of commitment in the circumstance we are discussing and neither of us know the commitment Souttar will show because we don’t know him. Nobody denying he’s a good player. 

Correct, we don't know him. So why drop him? Surely give him the benefit of the doubt and if his standards drop, he's dropped? 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Correct, we don't know him. So why drop him? Surely give him the benefit of the doubt and if his standards drop, he's dropped? 

Makes absolute common sense. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I didn’t question Souttar’s character. The toxicity of signing a pre contract with them will prove to be too much of a distraction for the whole club. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic