• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

Think as fans we underestimate our rivals and overestimate our own abilities a bit. Both teams will felt they could of won it, first Derby of season is always cagey but stepping back and looking at our points haul from the opening fixtures im very pleased. From now to end of October is big, alot of our rivals playing each other.

On another note it was an absolute joy to watch the star Doig.. 5 million being quoted? He was absolutely trash.

Edited by Jambo92

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Think as fans we underestimate our rivals and overestimate our own abilities a bit. Both teams will felt they could of won it, first Derby of season is always cagey but stepping back and looking at our points haul from the opening fixtures im very pleased. From now to end of October is big, alot of our rivals playing each other.

On another note it was an absolute joy to watch the star Doig.. 5 million being quoted? He was absolutely trash.

We also need to bag a lot of points because in the next round of games I assume we are going to have 5 games where 3 out of the 5 will be away to Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs - a much tougher run

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I can’t really see how anyone could watch that match and not consider us the better side. It’s not even viewing things through maroon tinted glasses. 

Agreed, but very little real chance to win game except GMS shot.

9 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Agreed, but very little real chance to win game except GMS shot.

Nisbet on the line for Kingsley chance and the Ginelly header near the end. I do agree with you though. The pressure we had them under should have led to more chances. 

Just watched the highlights on YT.

GMS chance the best of the game IMHO.

Other than that, a few good saves from each keeper. We could have won the game, yes, but we’d 100% have lost with Pereira in goal.

28 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Just watched the highlights on YT.

GMS chance the best of the game IMHO.

Other than that, a few good saves from each keeper. We could have won the game, yes, but we’d 100% have lost with Pereira in goal.

Great through pass from Woodburn to set it up, GMS had smith to his left in center for a tap in.    I'm not saying he didn't deserve a chance to score but the first goal is important, take the easy tap in I say.   Then take pot shots.   Great save though. 

Sportscene didn't analyse the Boyce-Mcginn incident.    Not sure if you seen it on YT.    McCann on sky sports said Boyce clipped McGinn’s foot but it was clear as day McGinn had no interest in the ball.    He cuts across Boyce looking for a foul, dives, gets a free kick.    Should have been a redcard for McGinn. 

Great match though ☺.    Just needed a goal.    Plenty positives to take from it.    

4 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Should have been a redcard for McGinn. 

As much as I would like this to be true, it's not. Boyce pulled McGinn back first to get in front of him. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

As much as I would like this to be true, it's not. Boyce pulled McGinn back first to get in front of him. 

But McGinn was running across him making no attempt to play the ball. It was obstruction by McGinn. 

Franksluckypants

Seemed to be a bit pre match formulaic with the sub change at 60mins taking off one our better, most threatening performers. Woodie was having a really good game I thought. Could understand the theory of fresh legs, but might have been better to play it as you see it?

Would also have rather seen big Gnando on rather than McKay...though he did do ok.

Anyway didn't think there were any stand out poor performances, though maybe after our last match in the semi v them was hoping (rather than expecting 😬) a bit more.

I was quite surprised that GMS was subbed - just when he seemed to be coming on to his game.  However he's apparently been carrying a niggling injury.

Game at Ross is a bigger poser to me  will it be new Hearts who stride on or old Hearts who say, not won yet dont worry, we will be good to you.

10 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Game at Ross is a bigger poser to me  will it be new Hearts who stride on or old Hearts who say, not won yet dont worry, we will be good to you.

Or current Hearts who haven't lost a league game this season. My Glass is half full. 

12 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

would like to see us go with one less defensive mid for this game.. Haring out for Gnando or Ginelly start with woodburn closer to boyce 

16 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Haring isn’t the player he used to be for me. I like him but he’s probably the player I would drop out, possibly for Devlin. I still we lack a central push and I understand how we set up. Haring hasn’t provided it for me. 

Beni is just a couple of levels above us. He’s amazing find but I think someone comes in quickly and takes him back down south. Probably a win win for all parties, he is a very very good footballer. It’s been a while since seen that quality tbhwy. 

Definitely. A number 10 type is lacking for me. Why have your main goal threat dropping back? Surely that's the job for McEneff, link midfield to front. Don't know what's going on with him. 

As for Haring...i think that Neilson is playing this two defensive midfield system because of defensive cover. I'm not a fan of fullbacks playing central and we've changed back and forth from Kingsley and Cochrane in there. If we had a proper left-sided centre-half and he still wanted to play with three at the back then fair enough, you could drop one of the defensive midfielders and replace with a more attack-minded one instead. Take Haring out right now and either of Cochrane or Kingsley are exposed, purely because they are not natural in that position. Having a Jimmy Dunne type in there was the way to go. Taylor Moore has been brought in but he is naturally right-sided and more a replacement for Souttar if he's injured. We knew Berra was going back in April so this should-ve been one of the first things to sort straight away. A three-man defence (with said natural left-sided defender in it) and Baningime in front of it is ample enough and free's up a space in midfield for McEneff for example. But we have to go with the two dm's at the minute because a centre-half wasn't recruited.

24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

would like to see us go with one less defensive mid for this game.. Haring out for Gnando or Ginelly start with woodburn closer to boyce 

As my above post...we could really do with someone in the middle to stop the needless drifting back of Boyce. I'd like to see McEneff get a start against Ross County. We could try dropping Haring and playing him instead. Baningime is perfectly capable of owning the defensive midfield area on his own with the three-man back-up behind him. McEneff would give us more legs in midfield and if, during the game, whichever fullback that's playing in defence is left exposed they could then bring on Haring, and go from there. Wee bit more flow in the game and we should be okay.

Edited by jambonian

Yesterday would have been a bit of a reality check for the deluded hobos.

The narrative from them over the last few years has been that they were now Edinburgh's big team and set up for years of dominance over us. Ron the trillionaire would fund them to untold glory while we struggled, badly managed and under-funded in a lower division. 

Yet despite all these claims, it was these same deluded morons who wildly celebrated escaping with a draw.

They were lucky they played us yesterday. We are still a work in progress. Some players barely know each other and our preparations were hindered by players on international duty. We are capable of getting much much better. Hibs have an established team and probably played as well as they can. They are nothing special and not one of their missing players would have made a difference.

It must be a sickener for them to realise they are back in our shadow and they're going to be there for a very long time.

Hearts - owned by fans

Hibs - owned by Hearts

Edited by stuart500
Spelling

10 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Hibs bossed it for the opening 20 mins and then completely fell out the game apart from  a little flurry at the end. Both sets of fans could argue both teams had chances to win (they did) but Hibs were absolute garbage after their good opening period.  This Hearts team is much improved based on the cup semi display and arguably have overtaken Hibs based on Saturday. No doubt Hearts will get better but it's hard to see what Hibs have to offer. They rely so much on Boyle (anonymous in the 2nd half) it's frightening. If Doig & Porteous are their pin up boys it doesn't say much about the creativity in their team.  I don't see any reason why Hearts won't finish above Hibs (and I didn't see that coming at the start of the season because I genuinely thought we'd be out-muscled ) but the additions of Benny & Woodburn are incredible at this level. 

We handed that game back to Hibs when we had them on the ropes and it nearly ended in a defeat.

GMS was poor first half but him and Woodburn were starting to cause Hibs back line all sorts of problems second half, Beni bossed the midfield and we had them pinned in their own half. Absolutely ridiculous decision to take off GMS and Woodburn when he did.

Signs are bright though and we look like we have another level in us when the players all get used to each other’s game. 

Don't really get the clamour for a 10 on here. That area should be largely getting filled by the two guys either side of Boyce. They're attacking midfielders, not wingers. The width should be coming from the wing backs. 

Some of the post match assessments of what actually happened are laughable. Although I left feeling Hearts were better for longer periods (this was then backed up by stats), I think a draw was a fair result for both teams. I thought both teams passed the ball well but the reason I think a draw was a fair result was that Hibs had better chances than us. Ok, some of their chances were as a result of lucky bounces, breakaways etc but they still had a fair few chances. I thought we were good other than the first 10 mins. 

2 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Or current Hearts who haven't lost a league game this season. My Glass is half full. 

My glass has wobbled for 50 odd years mate😉

Pasquale for King

Anyone else have problems with their season ticket again and have to stand in a huge queue being served by two folk in the TO 🙈

33 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

My glass has wobbled for 50 odd years mate😉

I feel your pain but just hoping this is the start of a bright new future. And I'm not even drunk.