****Official Hearts v Hibs Match Thread****

Wee Mikey

5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Woodburn another class act btw. Quick feet and always looking for the ball. He starts for me every week IMO. 

I thought Woodburn was superb, the challenge is playing him in a midfield 3, whilst still having width going forward.

Smith and Cochrane turn a back 3 into a back 5.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s instructed to play like that, another body in midfield for mr negative. 

Can you not take a day off? Or a few months. You are totally relentless in your attacks on our manager. 

7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

What posts are you seeing by folk happy with a point ?  We all wanted 3 points, but sometimes things just don't work out like that.  That was one of the better Hibs performances in a derby - but apparently they're pish.

Hibs were honking and there for the taking today.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If not for Macey we might well have won that!

He might not be Craig Gordon but he kept them at 0-0. Although GMS could possibly have been more composes at the one on one shot.

If anyone was winning that it was us. They had chances but mainly from us overplaying or counter attacks. 

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

McKay deserves a shot at some point in the near future, he looked direct when he came on

Yeah liked the look of him.

Loved how much we tried to play football today gutted we didnt win it though. Hibs will be thinking thank **** they didnt lose though

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Their keeper made 3 very good stops - Mackay-Steven should have buried his opportunity, however

agreed - not a terrible effort but he had time to open it up on his left side and put it anywhere he wanted.. 

LarrysRightFoot

Not read the other comments but to me that is a very disappointing result. Should be winning these games at home. Aberdeen game was the same. 

Hibs keeper is decent but other that their defence is pretty poor and to not score against it isn’t good enough. 

10 minutes ago, 160598 said:

But we had the ball for large parts of the game - theres no need to drop back. And he had a pop at Gino for having a pop.?

Cochrane was gagging for a front man - so was Mckay - Its not hindsight when the game is screaming out for it on the hour mark. I think we are clicking - some lovely inter play we just needed that goal for more confidence

You could well be right. Frustrating day

7 minutes ago, King prawn said:

McKay deserves a shot at some point in the near future, he looked direct when he came on

Looked okay when he came on, he quickly realised though that there will be a lack of options in front of him if he drives forward.

We are not getting anything close to what we should be getting out of Gino. He was hardly on the ball and when he was he was stuck out at corner flag surely I wanted him through middle alongside Boyce running at tiring Hibs defenders. 

Though Gordon, Halkett, Haring and Beni were good. 

Thought that GMS could have stayed on longer and the new midfielder should have come on instead of Ginley.

Maybe we would have seen Gnando if Smith wasnt injured as Boyce was poor.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Hibs were honking and there for the taking today.

We controlled most of the play because we retained possession better than them. That doesn’t mean Hibs were honking. It’s more that we didn’t let them play.

Hibs showed that on the counter they are dangerous.

On the balance of play we should have won but agreed - not enough clear cut chances.

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Looked okay when he came on, he quickly realised though that there will be a lack of options in front of him if he drives forward.

see above

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Two guys happy not to lose. Says it all about both of them. 

394F11FD-DAB0-4D8E-ACB3-8F57DC1B27D8.jpeg

Couldnae give a hoot about what Hibs manager has to say but disappointed in Neilsons comments though not surprised.

18 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

A very decent return tbh. I bet many of us were thinking of 6 points when the fixtures were announced. Now have 3 winnable games coming up before a 2 week break.

Agreed but given how we played first 4 games today does feel like a chance lost. 

8 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

What posts are you seeing by folk happy with a point ?  We all wanted 3 points, but sometimes things just don't work out like that.  That was one of the better Hibs performances in a derby - but apparently they're pish.

There aren't any.  So some desperate characters need to invent it so they can feel superior.  

12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

It was 532 once Woodburn moved into a central position.

Smith and Cochrane are both full backs who offer next to nothing offensively.

Smith can't get a ball into the box.  There was that but in the second half were he done it twice in two seconds. 

Cochrane is sti young and might start producing that way, but smith rarely gets the ball past the first man. 

It definitely cost us today.  

Hibs weren't honking. To me that was two good teams having a go, we are just still lacking in the final third with decision making and the final ball.

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Two guys happy not to lose. Says it all about both of them. 

394F11FD-DAB0-4D8E-ACB3-8F57DC1B27D8.jpeg

We've not come that far if a draw at home to them is progress.  Not the mentality we are wanting.  

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Robbie Neilson clearly living rent free in some people’s heads! 😂

Certainly not Hibs anyway, they want him as our manager 👍

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

Smith can't get a ball into the box.  There was that but in the second half were he done it twice in two seconds. 

Cochrane is sti young and might start producing that way, but smith rarely gets the ball past the first man. 

It definitely cost us today.  

I wonder if it's worth swapping Kingsley and Cochrane?

Kingsley has been superb at LCH, but would offer more than Cochrane as LWB.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

By the way how unlucky was woodburn with that first half shot - when you see it from behind the goal he pinged it hard and it wasn’t far away.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Probably the same numpties that are dripping watching Manchester City …

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Best thing is, they play 1 up top as well. 

🤔

Smith going off was not a planned substitution.  Gingelly for GMS and McKay for Woodburn looked planned.  Meant that Gnando stayed on the bench.  Probably should have started instead of Boyce.  

Thought we played the better football but they had the better chances. Given we have a lot of new guys who need a few weeks to gel I'm hoping we get better. The reality is we don't have a striker other than Boyce. I f I was Nando I would be well pissed off. 

Benen Beningeme(BB) is King. What a find. 

55 minutes ago, 151 said:

The build up play is tediously slow, there were chances to get at them today but instead we come back. It's just frustrating when we really should be winning these kind of games. And I disagree, take Boyle out the side they are bang average. Far more threat in teams like Dundee. 

Nisbet is garbage.

We definitely should've won the game.  But that is how the game works, there are other games we will play far worse than win.  We pretty much controlled everything except the first 15 minutes, and bizarrely stoppage time.

They are a far better team than Dundee who have three points all season.  And it's irrelevant how good they are when you take Boyle out of their team.  Boyle was in the team we played against today.  They weren't in the game much but always looked dangerous.

7 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

We've not come that far if a draw at home to them is progress.  Not the mentality we are wanting.  

If you can't see the difference between how we played last season and the good football we played today then there is no hope for you. OK we didn't score but the quality in play is night and day. Unbeaten and more to come. 

Just now, 5-1Jambo said:

If you can't see the difference between how we played last season and the good football we played today then there is no hope for you. OK we didn't score but the quality in play is night and day. Unbeaten and more to come. 

:spoton:

8 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Sounds like you've forgotten all about the last  18 months  then.   Meanwhile Hibs were finishing 3rd in the SPL.     Thats basically what RN is meaning

A point probably right although Hearts were superior for most of the second half but at the end it could easily been a Hibs win so I'll take the point. That said, worst player on the park was Joe Newell. I hope he stays at Hibs for many a year.😄

Just now, Lone Striker said:

Sounds like you've forgotten all about the last  18 months  then.   Meanwhile Hibs were finishing 3rd in the SPL.     Thats basically what RN is meaning

Agreed 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, saxondale said:

Don’t understand why Gnando didn’t get on tbh.

If Smith hadn't pulled up injured I'm sure he would've been on for Boyce.

Malinga the Swinga

Decent enough game and while we were better team, Hibs looked dangerous on break.

I thought Beni our best player while Newell for them was okay. 

Both keepers were good while ref allowed them to foul while penalising Hearts for every tackle.

We will win more games than not if we play same rack week.

42 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Spot on, is he instructed to play like this or does he just decide to do it?  

It's Neilson but it's not instructed as such.  Boyce is strapped with one of those body-vest/data-bra things which has been modified to allow Neilson to electric shock him with low to potentially lethal voltage levels every time he makes a forward run.

It's a sort of cross between the Millgram experiment and Pavlov's dog.

Edited by WageThief

Just now, 5-1Jambo said:

Off course I have!  It was in relation to robbie saying he is happy with tbe draw.  I don't want him to come out with that, I want to hear his disappointment in not winning. 

That means he'll be really chuffed if we draw down there. 

Are you happy with a draw, and would you say to the media? 

6 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Sorry but few were quick to have a go at previous manager's about nice football, that's two games we're we have played nice football but ultimately we haven't won, against two teams that we are challenging this season, we now need to get a draw or win at either Pittodrie or Easter Road. 

Certainly makes it interesting, and judging by some comments on here we will finish ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs easy, so what i would put to you, if we don't finish ahead of them this season, what should happen long term, because we have a better squad than both Aberdeen and Hibs according to some on here so what would be the problem? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Doesn't sound good to the fans saying a draw at home to them is a good result.  

So what about the last 18 months, its about the teams now and we have better players than them so should be saying he isn't told happy drawing.  

2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

It's Neilson but it's not instructed as such.  Boyce is strapped with one of those body-vest/data-bra things which has been modified to allow Neilson to electric shock him with low to potentially lethal voltage levels every time he makes a forward run.

😀  

3 minutes ago, WageThief said:

It's Neilson but it's not instructed as such.  Boyce is strapped with one of those body-vest/data-bra things which also has been modified to allow Neilson to electric shock him with low to potentially lethal voltage levels every time he makes a forward run.

Maybe Neilson should put it on, and allow someone to do it to him, might shock him into life. 

Did anyone see Craig Levein passing a note down to the bench for Robbie to give to the players. 

5 minutes ago, WageThief said:

🤣

5 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Woodburn was stretching for a while before going off. Not sure why people are moaning about that change?

Draw was a fair result. 

Because it doesn't suit the narrative of some.

maroonedinbriz

Nobody's mentioned that the neighbours went to a back 4 after a hour. That may account for the change in the pattern of the game (as well as the substitutions)

One of these games that happen every now and again. Boyce imo was far too isolated therefore ineffective. Overall disappointing, all the hibs lads know are delighted with the point. Says it all....