****Official Hearts v Hibs Match Thread****

Wee Mikey

1 minute ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Thought Boyce should have came off instead of Woodburn. Didn't really think Boyce was in the game much today. 

Lots more options now though. Can see Neilson trying a few different set ups in the coming weeks. 

Woodburn cramped up 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

48 minutes ago, make a noise said:

Thought it was a great watch, hard fought game from 2 decent teams, brilliant to be back at Tynie for a derby! Plenty positives today and team will only get stronger when a few players get games into their legs, Would rather concentrate on the positives! Can’t believe some of the drivel that gets regurgitated by the same old posters on here! Looking forward to a decent season! 

Couldn't agree more. Its getting Depressing visiting this board. Full of idiots who have never been near a football in their pathetic little lives.

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

GMS and Woodburn were starting to assert themselves in the game then both got taken off !!

Should have been left on for a good while more imo .

60 minute sub rule though.

Just now, Des' Dad said:

Couldn't agree more. Its getting Depressing visiting this board. Full of idiots who have never been near a football in their pathetic little lives.

What a load of utter shite. People have different opinions. Dismissing them as idiots because they have a different opinion to you is what’s pathetic. Everyone has different ideas on players and what is achievable from our squad. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

What a load of utter shite. People have different opinions. Dismissing them as idiots because they have a different opinion to you is what’s pathetic. Everyone has different ideas on players and what is achievable from our squad. 

Opinions are one thing, utter drivel is not acceptable.

Ronald Villiers

I thought the game was decent today.  We're starting to gel.  Woodburn is class and McKay looked livelier than I thought he'd be despite his apparent lack of match fitness.  Boyce was isolated and although he's very good, he lacks pace and needs someone to feed off him.  Beni is in a different league.  I think we should enjoy him as he'll move on and make us cash.  Halkett is the week link but played decent today, despite a brain fart at the start.  CG is in a league of his own.  The rest were decent, in particular Souttar and Kingsley.  Hibs played some tidy stuff in short spells but their only danger comes from the diagonal ball to Boyle, who has nothing more than pace.  Just my view by the way.

2 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Such as Boyce and Souttar not any use today, and much much more.

Souttar has had better games but I think the defence all done well today. 

Boyce can’t play number 9 and number 10 at the same time though. He needs more support centrally. That seems obvious to me. 

Edited by GinRummy

21 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Agree with this. Boyce makes poor decisions too often and dont feel we're getting the best out of him. 

Boyce is better on the end of things, that’s obvious. We need the management to use him correctly 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Souttar has had better game but I think the defence all done well today. 

Boyce can’t play number 9 and number 10 at the same time though. He needs more support centrally. That seems obvious to me. 

It is obvious, hopefully it gets addressed 

joondalupjambo

Sitting at the window in The Stockbridge Tap and Peter Haring just walked past with who looks like his da.  Classy player, likes a classy area😀 Not really that interesting but thought worth noting.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Im going to be controversial and say i think Boyce doesnt contribute as much as people give him credit.

He was poor today and knackered after 60mins where he didnt do as much as others.

3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Sitting at the window in The Stockbridge Tap and Peter Haring just walked past with who looks like his da.  Classy player, likes a classy area😀 Not really that interesting but thought worth noting.

Yes, I'm in Hector's, just seen him too. 

Central Belt 1874
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Souttar has had better games but I think the defence all done well today. 

This is the main dilemma Neilson has with the team I think. If he can get it right, I fancy our chances against anyone, home or away. 

Decent game - can't ever really enjoy a derby unless we're 2 or 3 up :lol: 

But watching it on Hearts TV, when the camera looked from the corner flag, both sets of goals seemed to be leaning back towards the stand i.e. not plumb/perpendicular to ground.

Presume it's just my dodgy vision but it did stand out for me.

15 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I thought the game was decent today.  We're starting to gel.  Woodburn is class and McKay looked livelier than I thought he'd be despite his apparent lack of match fitness.  Boyce was isolated and although he's very good, he lacks pace and needs someone to feed off him.  Beni is in a different league.  I think we should enjoy him as he'll move on and make us cash.  Halkett is the week link but played decent today, despite a brain fart at the start.  CG is in a league of his own.  The rest were decent, in particular Souttar and Kingsley.  Hibs played some tidy stuff in short spells but their only danger comes from the diagonal ball to Boyle, who has nothing more than pace.  Just my view by the way.

And a very decent view, pretty much all my thoughts and what I text to mates after the match.

Feel very bouyant now with the quality we have. Great recruitment. 

The new players looked good today, but we still miss a creative player -someone who is constantly looking for that killer pass would make all the difference. 

The squad looks better though, & it could be a fun season. 

willie wallace
1 minute ago, Mister Dee said:

The new players looked good today, but we still miss a creative player -someone who is constantly looking for that killer pass would make all the difference. 

The squad looks better though, & it could be a fun season. 

Pretty much sums it up for me as well.

Anyone else think the Porteous boy was actually decent today?

Any other time I've seen him he's been a complete donkey, Doig i over rated, Nisbet obviously doesn't want to be there etc but Porteous and Boyle would be the only two I would take to improve us. 

joondalupjambo
27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yes, I'm in Hector's, just seen him too. 

You have too much dough😀😀

The place you are in used to be a right Shambles😀

Edited by joondalupjambo

6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Any other time I've seen him he's been a complete donkey, Doig i over rated, Nisbet obviously doesn't want to be there etc but Porteous and Boyle would be the only two I would take to improve us. 

Started quite poorly but I thought hibs defence and their keeper played well. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I thought he was utter shite with his main intention being to cause injury.

He is nothing but a thug, pure and simple.

I thought he was their best player tbh.  If we had a local laddie in defence doing the same it would be lauded.   For years I thought Hanlon for them was a shitebag, that laddie looks the opposite. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Started quite poorly but I thought hibs defence and their keeper played well. 

All, maybe I'm over rating the boy because in my mind all of them are utter horseshit but wasn't today.  Doig is over rated as **** though.  

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

All, maybe I'm over rating the boy because in my mind all of them are utter horseshit but wasn't today.  Doig is over rated as **** though.  

I don’t think Porteous or Doig stood out in particular. Hibs just defended pretty well. Those two have the big names but I’ve yet to see anything exceptional from either of them. 

I don’t think Porteous or Doig stood out in particular. Hibs just defended pretty well. Those two have the big names but I’ve yet to see anything exceptional from either of them. 

True.   Saying that, our lack of width at times perhaps made it easier to do so.  That's not a criticism as our short play in the middle was a delight at times. 

Fitzroy Pointon

A quick scan over on .smack suggests that Hibs are a better team, however they seem to be delighted with a draw. Hobo logic. 

Ronald Villiers
50 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

And a very decent view, pretty much all my thoughts and what I text to mates after the match.

Feel very bouyant now with the quality we have. Great recruitment. 

👍

343 doesn’t work as smith and Cochrane don’t provide any attacking intent.  I’d play a 433

Gordon

smith souttar halkett Kingsley 

beni devlin/haring

Woodburn 

GMS boyce McKay 

Just now, Badonde said:

343 doesn’t work as smith and Cochrane don’t provide any attacking intent.  I’d play a 433

Gordon

smith souttar halkett Kingsley 

beni devlin/haring

Woodburn 

GMS boyce McKay 

Halkett does so much better in a 3. 

34 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

You have too much dough😀😀

The place you are in used to be a right Shambles😀

:lol: it is, £4.50 for a pint of Tennants. :rolleyes: The Calamari Fritters are the best though.

I see big gorgeous Pete quite a lot in Stockbridge, must stay near by. 

40 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I thought he was utter shite with his main intention being to cause injury.

He is nothing but a thug, pure and simple.

yep. And had a couple of his usual bombscare moments. He will likely injure himself again in one of his assaults. He is really bang average. Hoof

pettigrewsstylist
54 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We let him off the hook. He was honking first 30 mins. We should have run him ragged..we didnt.

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

We let him off the hook. He was honking first 30 mins. We should have run him ragged..we didnt.

Apart from GMS turning him inside out down the left I thought he was very good all game when I was expecting a brain fart. 

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Apart from GMS turning him inside out down the left I thought he was very good all game when I was expecting a brain fart. 

GMS turned him inside out?. Missed that.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Two guys happy not to lose. Says it all about both of them. 

394F11FD-DAB0-4D8E-ACB3-8F57DC1B27D8.jpeg

What's wrong with that ? 

Pretty honest assessment of a good game which both teams could have won or lost in equal measures. 

There would have been goals if not for great saves and MOTM performances from both keeper's. 

Definitely NOT a boring 0-0.

Hibs are a decent side but I think we are poised to leave them trailing in the league because we will improve. 

I enjoyed today's game. 👍

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

GMS turned him inside out?. Missed that.

Boy thought he was being smart, GMS shrugged him out the way and he lunged in for a corner for us. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

What's wrong with that ? 

Pretty honest assessment of a good game which both teams could have won or lost in equal measures. 

There would have been goals if not for great saves and MOTM performances from both keeper's. 

Definitely NOT a boring 0-0.

Hibs are a decent side but I think we are poised to leave them trailing in the league because we will improve. 

I enjoyed today's game. 👍

Completely spot on.

Can I add though there is something seriously dislikeable about Jack Ross.  The guy is just weird. 

40 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

A quick scan over on .smack suggests that Hibs are a better team, however they seem to be delighted with a draw. Hobo logic. 

Did they miss us dominate the first half hour of the second half and edge the first?

Had a text out the blue from an Airdrie Hun from my work who thought we looked better side but both teams had chances.  

12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Completely spot on.

Can I add though there is something seriously dislikeable about Jack Ross.  The guy is just weird. 

The suit with white trainers today summed him up 

11 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Did they miss us dominate the first half hour of the second half and edge the first?

Had a text out the blue from an Airdrie Hun from my work who thought we looked better side but both teams had chances.  

I can’t really see how anyone could watch that match and not consider us the better side. It’s not even viewing things through maroon tinted glasses. 

I can’t really see how anyone could watch that match and not consider us the better side. It’s not even viewing things through maroon tinted glasses. 

I suppose in their Vermin bubble they need to make believe and keep the myth alive and well. Makes them feel better about themselves.