****Official Hearts v Hibs Match Thread****

Wee Mikey

4 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Doesn't sound good to the fans saying a draw at home to them is a good result.  

So what about the last 18 months, its about the teams now and we have better players than them so should be saying he isn't told happy drawing.  

behave yourself man. On another day we’d have won comfortably. Of course it’s disappointing not to win but all in all it’s been a very decent start to the season and we have had the toughest start of any team this season.  ****ing chill out - we will finish 3rd or at the absolute worst 4th which is a great return to respectability 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Doesn't sound good to the fans saying a draw at home to them is a good result.  

So what about the last 18 months, its about the teams now and we have better players than them so should be saying he isn't told happy drawing.  

Not that long ago, we were being beaten by Brora Rangers & QotS.   Now we're unbeaten & 2nd equal in the SPL after 5 games.   A wee bit perspective might be useful before getting all worked up about a hard-fought game which either team could have lost.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

behave yourself man. On another day we’d have won comfortably. Of course it’s disappointing not to win but all in all it’s been a very decent start to the season and we have had the toughest start of any team this season.  ****ing chill out - we will finish 3rd or at the absolute worst 4th which is a great return to respectability 

You're probably right.  Just gutted we never best them.  I'm watching players like Beni, Gordon and Woodburn and still moaning...

Just now, Lone Striker said:

Not that long ago, we were being beaten by Brora Rangers & QotS.   Now we're unbeaten & 2nd equal in the SPL after 5 games.   A wee bit perspective might be useful before getting all worked up about a hard-fought game which either team could have lost.

See post above...

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Did anyone see Craig Levein passing a note down to the bench for Robbie to give to the players. 

Pathetic attempt at trolling. Still can't get over the fact your favourite manager was and still is horrendous and Robbie having to rebuild Stendels shitshow.

22 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Smith going off was not a planned substitution.  Gingelly for GMS and McKay for Woodburn looked planned.  Meant that Gnando stayed on the bench.  Probably should have started instead of Boyce.  

GMS and Woodburn were starting to assert themselves in the game then both got taken off !!

Should have been left on for a good while more imo .

Kidd’s Boots
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Maybe Neilson should put it on, and allow someone to do it to him, might shock him into life. 

Did anyone see Craig Levein passing a note down to the bench for Robbie to give to the players. 

It wasn’t a note, it was a bloody novel! Souttar only got half way through the first chapter before play resumed. 

5 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

You're probably right.  Just gutted we never best them.  I'm watching players like Beni, Gordon and Woodburn and still moaning...

We are a very decent team.. if woodburn had stayed on the pitch we’d have won it. 

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

GMS and Woodburn were starting to assert themselves in the game then both got taken off !!

It was a bad mistake taking GMS off. He’s the sort of player that when he gets in his groove he’ll make things happen. Just coming onto his game and he’s subbed. ****ing crazy. 

Beni is king.

Enjoy Woodburn while we have have him, great touch and vision.

Barrie McKay is also going to be a class act.

We just have to have some patience until the squad gels, looking forward to the future.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

We are a very decent team.. if woodburn had stayed on the pitch we’d have won it. 

After the first 15 minute minutes we were the better football side and just needed that goal.  

11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Because it doesn't suit the narrative of some.

Fair enough.

Plenty other things to bash Neilson about though!

I've been critical of Neilson and wanted him gone last season.

Today was really pleasing on the eye despite not scoring.

Beni stands out .He can sell a midfield with a turn and he along with Haring controlled the midfield.

He also had a good game.

Thankfully we have Gordon.

Enjoyed watching us play today and it's been a while.

Just need some goals for confidence but I thought the team worked their socks of and we look like a team .

As a wee aside the song about mercer from those cretins doesnt even annoy me it's just cringe.

That along with the general state of some of them.

8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pathetic attempt at trolling. Still can't get over the fact your favourite manager was and still is horrendous and Robbie having to rebuild Stendels shitshow.

What a weird post. Stendels shitshow? Very weird.

1 minute ago, Jamdub said:

Beni is king.

Enjoy Woodburn while we have have him, great touch and vision.

Barrie McKay is also going to be a class act.

We just have to have some patience until the squad gels, looking forward to the future.

Beni King is a great name for him 

I see utter class. 

Brilliance too

And we know 

He is better than you

I think to myself 

What a ****ing class act...

Just now, Scott Leitch said:

What a weird post. Stendels shitshow? Very weird.

Exactly. Just which one of Stendel’s players did Neilson have to clear out?

Some of our fans need to have a word with themselves. Why not look at things a little more positively?  We are definitely not the finished article, we lack cutting edge. That said, we have come up from the Division below, undefeated against 3 of last seasons top 4. Our signing policy looks to have improved and the team will also continue to develop. Try getting behind the team instead of constantly sharpening your knives.

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Hi Craig 😂😂😁

12 minutes ago, south morocco said:

One of these games that happen every now and again. Boyce imo was far too isolated therefore ineffective. Overall disappointing, all the hibs lads know are delighted with the point. Says it all.... 

It does Indeed say it all. They've gone from "having better players in every position" to utterly creaming themselves with a nil nil draw.

Always the wee team, hobos.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Exactly. Just which one of Stendel’s players did Neilson have to clear out?

Struggling with that one to be honest. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Woodburn was knackered/risking getting injured and GMS has been carrying a knock. 

“I want, I want” doesn’t always get…

Woodburn looked a player again and GMS had the best chances producing a decent save for one of them from their keeper.  Goalscoring seems a problem in last 2 home games hopefully we can score a few in the next three "easier" fixtures.

15 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Because it doesn't suit the narrative of some 

A lot of us never noticed why he went off.  There's no cultivated narrative here. 

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Woodburn was knackered/risking getting injured and GMS has been carrying a knock. 

“I want, I want” doesn’t always get…

Fair enough but we definetly went downhill when these two went off.

1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

Struggling with that one to be honest. 

I think anyone would. Stendel inherited Levein’s mess then Robbie inherited Levein’s mess. 

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Folk slagging off GMS all season as being pish now saying it was wrong to sub him.

#onlyheartsfans

Which folk? Name names.

34 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Thought we played the better football but they had the better chances. Given we have a lot of new guys who need a few weeks to gel I'm hoping we get better. The reality is we don't have a striker other than Boyce. I f I was Nando I would be well pissed off. 

Benen Beningeme(BB) is King. What a find. 

Gnando should have come on for something different for the last twenty minutes.

That last period of the game we never looked like scoring. They looked more likely towards the end. 😏.

For me lots of positives today. Subs wise I would have had Gnando before Gino. Would have had an aerial threat and better yay holding the ball up than Boyce 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

That last period of the game we never looked like scoring. They looked more likely towards the end. 😏.

We’d made all our subs.

One main criticism, if you are desperate for one, might be that we shouldn’t have started with smith.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think anyone would. Stendel inherited Levein’s mess then Robbie inherited Levein’s mess. 

It's not really a struggle.  The poster was responding to me and I was responding to Bongo who absolutely loves Stendel.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Which folk? Name names.

This.

I not noticed many folk having a go at him this season.

Folk just make stuff up. 😏

Just now, Newton51 said:

For me lots of positives today. Subs wise I would have had Gnando before Gino. Would have had an aerial threat and better yay holding the ball up than Boyce 

Yep same opinion here.

Was a decent game for a 0-0. Either team could've grabbed it at the end.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Fair enough but we definetly went downhill when these two went off.

I agree.

I said up the thread that Woodburn (once fully fit) should be moved to being a 90 min player and not one subbed after 60 mins.

Also Boyce shouldn’t know he’s basically guaranteed 90 mins every week - he shouldn’t be.

30 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry but few were quick to have a go at previous manager's about nice football, that's two games we're we have played nice football but ultimately we haven't won, against two teams that we are challenging this season, we now need to get a draw or win at either Pittodrie or Easter Road. 

Certainly makes it interesting, and judging by some comments on here we will finish ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs easy, so what i would put to you, if we don't finish ahead of them this season, what should happen long term, because we have a better squad than both Aberdeen and Hibs according to some on here so what would be the problem? 

There's your problem

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I’ve seen some slavers on JKB but that’s right up there.  Good effort!

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That may have been he plan but Smith having to go off threw that one out. 

19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry but few were quick to have a go at previous manager's about nice football, that's two games we're we have played nice football but ultimately we haven't won, against two teams that we are challenging this season, we now need to get a draw or win at either Pittodrie or Easter Road. 

Are Hibs and Aberdeen both going to get 9 points at home to Celtic and away to St Mirren and Dundee United? Possibly, but they've also already dropped points to Ross County, Dundee and Motherwell between them which represent other opportunities to make ground on them aside from the head-to-heads.

Very disappointing not to be on 13 points, but I'd rather be in our position at the moment than either of theirs based on the fixtures played so far.

Incidentally, I've seen nothing to suggest we can't get results at their grounds.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

We need more bodies in the box. 

For me it's that simple. 

Often only Boycey with 4 defenders 

That's my gripe this season. 

It has been a gripe many of us have.

Whilst we do get others in and around the box they are primarily defensive minded players who don't carry the same attacking instinct of primarily forward/attack thinking players.

The squad is there to be more attack focused......is the manager?

Just now, Tazio said:

That may have been he plan but Smith having to go off threw that one out. 

Aye that's true.

By that point we had used all our subs. Forgot about that in all the excitement 🙁.

35 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

If you can't see the difference between how we played last season and the good football we played today then there is no hope for you. OK we didn't score but the quality in play is night and day. Unbeaten and more to come. 

Have to agree. We are a far better team than last season. Once the new players settle in I think we'll see some really good football although we are still a bit lightweight up front. Hopefully Woodburn and McKay will resolve that. 

Much the same again today as we've seen all season, in this formation Boyce is isolated and chances we create are few and far between. Got a run of games now where we would expect to dominate so hopefully Neilson gets more attacking focused players on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It has been a gripe many of us have.

Whilst we do get others in and around the box they are primarily defensive minded players who don't carry the same attacking instinct of primarily forward/attack thinking players.

The squad is there to be more attack focused......is the manager?

Very good point.

We have a very attack minded squad but will it be fully utilised.

Could we not sacrifice Cochrane or Kingsley in order to give Boyce a bit more support up front.

Both played well today so it's nothing to do with performance but we need to be more of a threat up front.