****Official Hearts v Hibs Match Thread****

Wee Mikey

Apologies if this is a bit early, but this seems, for so many reasons, like one of our biggest derby matches since the 2012 final.

I can't remember who retorted, "The next game" in response to being asked about which was the most important game; but it is, for sure, a 'truism'.

No more so than our next home game v Hibs. The same applied to our opening 4 games of this season. We got Celtic at, arguably, the best time, but had to lay to rest the St Midden away 'hoodoo' plus bossing Dun U away to lay down a marker (hats off to the travelling support). For the Dons game, we were a wee bit thin but maintained our unbeaten league run in a game that could've gone either way.

So, with (as far as I'm aware) no injury or suspension issues, some very interesting new signings, and a couple of weeks training, I'm confident that Robbie and the coaching staff will put out a very strong team with a decent bench to boot.

I honestly cannot predict the starting 11, but can predict a score: 5-1. Seriously; it is written in the stars. Their goal will be a consolation courtesy of a Boyle dive that'll be cheered ironically by us as per at Fester Road whilst the Hibby support file out early. What's more, whether winning by a long way, or thrashing Hibs 0-0, I hope that Robbie reads the game and learns not to wait too long to make a change. Whatever our starting 11, there'll be players on our bench with fresh legs who'll be either able to win the game for us, or win it by an even bigger margin.

❤❤G❤

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

3-1 Boyce, Haring and Gnando. Same side that started against Dundee United. 

Other key events include Boyle finally getting booked for diving and Nisbet going off injured.

Hibs season in tatters and the Hearts go marching on. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Quick off the mark we could send out ten sheep and Craig Gordon and we’d still beat the sister fisters don’t panic Captain Mannering 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

3-1 Boyce, Haring and Gnando. Same side that started against Dundee United. 

Other key events include Boyle finally getting booked for diving and Nisbet going off injured.

Hibs season in tatters and the Hearts go marching on. 

Throw his wig on the ground in a temper tantrum. 

I believe Boyle is a doubt after going off injured for the Aussies the other day. 

Both teams have started the season well which will make for a cracking atmosphere. Hopefully a comfortable home win. 

8 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I believe Boyle is a doubt after going off injured for the Aussies the other day. 

Both teams have started the season well which will make for a cracking atmosphere. Hopefully a comfortable home win. 

If Boyle is missing then they are really hamstrung.

Whilst agreeing that both teams have started well, it is clear that Hibs have had an easy introduction to this season as compared to us.

So long as we play to our strengths and let them worry about us, then we really ought to come out on top. Play them at 'football', rather than 'hoofball'. I honestly think that we have better players all over the park.

fabienleclerq

Some are over confident, they have started the season well winning games without being spectacular. We bossed united but still gave away several chances and didn't create a huge amount despite our dominance. Will be a tough game and I'd take a shitey 1-0.

8 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Some are over confident, they have started the season well winning games without being spectacular. We bossed united but still gave away several chances and didn't create a huge amount despite our dominance. Will be a tough game and I'd take a shitey 1-0.

Totally agree, too many getting carried away with themselves.

5-1 home win banker. 👍🇵🇪

On a 'side issue'; could anybody who has spare tickets for this derby match please either pass them on to known fellow Hearts fans or make them available for re-sale via the Ticket Office?

Witnessing a home game, nominally a 'sell out', and yet with numerous empty seats (including 2 right beside me in PR) whilst others are missing out makes no sense to me. I've always managed to pass on spare tickets. I'd SO LOVE to see a proper 'sell-out' with NO empty seats. I well know that on the day there'll always be folks unable to make it, for whatever reason; but please ... if you have a spare ticket, then do what you can to put another Jam Tart bum on a seat.

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hate to be negative but I can't see who would get the goals for 5-1. I'm going 2-0.

How about Boyce, Gnando, GMS, Gino, and a late one for Walker?

This one is all on Robbie. Pick the right team with the right tactics and we will win with a bit to spare. Don’t overthink things and for ****s sake don’t stop attacking if we go a goal up. 

Hibs have played no one yet. 2-0 JTs.

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Noon kick off is a nightmare!

No it's not. They'll still be recovering from celebrating their expected win the night before ... 'Relegation Derby', an' aw that.

Samuel Camazzola

It has the hallmarks of 1997. Hibs sitting top of the table after a few games, then the first derby of the season come along...

Terry's winner knocked them off their perch and sent them tumbling down the table to an eventual relegation. A certain cup win also followed...

A repeat please! 

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

This one is all on Robbie. Pick the right team with the right tactics and we will win with a bit to spare. Don’t overthink things and for ****s sake don’t stop attacking if we go a goal up. 

Dont stop attacking if we are 14-0 up.  This cretinous club voted to relegate us.

Hit them with absolutely everything.

With the Lochend shanty-dwellers being allowed to travel to Edinburgh for this match I’d just like to urge everyone to stay safe, and remember: wash your hands.

10 minutes ago, leginten said:

With the Lochend shanty-dwellers being allowed to travel to Edinburgh for this match I’d just like to urge everyone to stay safe, and remember: wash your hands.

:clap:

Seen a thing on Farcebook about the last time we played Hibs when both teams were first and second in the league. I done a bit of digging on London hearts and couldn’t see one after 1st Jan 1958.

A mental stat if true.

Over to you stattos to prove me wrong.

That’s top league btw.

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Morgan said:

I bet you 10p it’s a draw, Ray.

Deal?  😎

Not a gambler but I’ll raise you half crown 2/6 in old money 💴 lol 😂 

south morocco

Our midfield is a lot stronger now which we’ll should will use to dictate the game. Beni, we’ve seen his qualities. I’d start Devlin too winning balls and beaking up play. Looking forward to seeing Woodburn assisting the forwards . Got some good options now and at home with a full house, and they voted us down, we have to humiliate the feckers

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

Not a gambler but I’ll raise you half crown 2/6 in old money 💴 lol 😂 

The bet’s on.  👍

On paper a tough game against a half decent side but similar to the words of Sir Alex ‘come on lads, it’s Hibs’. 3 points all the way. 

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Morgan said:

The bet’s on.  👍

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The bet’s on.  👍

Have a good one Morgan

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Have a good one Morgan

I already am, R.

I hope your evening was as pleasant as mine?

14 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Keep off the Red Wine 🍷 Morgan 

And definitely keep off the Crabbie's Green Ginger, @Morgan 🤮

Screenshot_20210904-224043_Google.jpg

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

And definitely keep off the Crabbie's Green Ginger, @Morgan 🤮

Screenshot_20210904-224043_Google.jpg

:rofl: 

I am just being realistic, Mikey.

Keep Boyle quiet and hope the referee is strong and I’m confident. He is a cheat pure and simple. 
We should be confident and they will be too.  A noisy Tynecastle and in and at them from the off will hopefully bring an early goal and take it from there. Any win would do. I’ll be putting a fiver on a Souttar goal. Set pieces could be key

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

ARE YOU LISTENING ROBBIE!!

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Bit harsh mate. How's about you tell us your team and what your tactics would be, Seriously. Where do you see weaknesses and what would you try and exploit. My team would most likely be everyone's and to date RN is learning tactic wise as was seen when he realised his mistake against Utd then rectified it.

4 minutes ago, 160598 said:

What would your team or tactics be ?

As DS98 said - get right in their faces and when we score push on for a second and don’t sit back!

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

As DS98 said - get right in their faces and when we score push on for a second and don’t sit back!

ok - thanks for your insight

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Gordon

Soutar                 Halkett              Moore

Smith                             Beni                         Devlin               Cochrane

Gino                    Boyce             Woodburn