• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

Even in his post match interview Beni looks really classy. Just looks like a very settled young lad who loves his football.

I fear he'll be pinched very soon.

Just now, Tazio said:

So nothing really. Stevenson isn’t even first pick and hasn’t been for a year. 

Hayes is a massive part of there team they paid a fee for him, and Doidge is a big player for them? Stevenson has been at Hibs how long?

Missed opportunity im afraid. 

Josh should be a perfect sub for the last 20 minutes, but giving him short passes in static positions makes no use of his pace whatsoever.  Anyway we should have edged it over the 90 mins and we have a top-4 squad for the season to come, I have no doubt about that. Better days and better results to come.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, David McCaig said:

Was St Mirren not from 20 yards 

Correct, in my blind rage I have missed that beauty! All will be forgiven in a few days but I wanted to run on and shake him 

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

If I was Gnando I’d be raging. Boyce has scored two pens this season and that’s it. Did square root of feck all in the pitch and every decision was the wrong one. Good player when he turns up but man I’ve not shouted like that in a while. Completely non existent and I still don’t know who was up front today

Non-existent ?    Don't agree at all.    But he needs another forward  sticking close to him to give him an option, and to pick up some loose balls - we seldom had anyone do that today.       

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That performance at home in a Derby was a disgrace,happy campers happy to clap on with this 1 up front at home shite.

happy to draw with a team with McGinn and Gogic in it,embarrassing.

You ok hun?

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That performance at home in a Derby was a disgrace,happy campers happy to clap on with this 1 up front at home shite.

2/10 - must try harder

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Have a day off man. Jeez. It was a good, overall performance. Football has evolved from a simple 2 up top system.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hayes is a massive part of there team they paid a fee for him, and Doidge is a big player for them? Stevenson has been at Hibs how long?

I’ll give you Doidge but not the others. I’m not sure how Stevenson being at Hibs for years is relevant. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry bongo that’s just wrong.

my best mate is a Hibs fan, Doyle Hayes is no less or more important than any of the the others in their team. That’s straight from his mouth. If you’re going to start your usual pish on this thread then just feck off as no one has the energy to deal with your usual drivel.  It was two full teams at full strength today no opportunities missed.

Just now, Tazio said:

I’ll give you Doidge but not the others. I’m not sure how Stevenson being at Hibs for years is relevant. 

Sorry but haven't we been rattling on about having the likes of Gordon, Souttar, and players knowing what it means to play in derby's 🤔

I am really pleased that we are not just punting the ball up the pitch.

Yes, we go sideways sometimes, but at times Hibs had 9 players behind the ball.

IMO it was a really good game that we were very unlucky not to win

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Of course it’s a missed opportunity. I don’t know how anyone could begin to disagree with you there. 

7 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Didn't do enough overall in final third to carve out enough decent opportunities.  If we persist playing Michael Smith in advanced positions on the right hand side, moves with promise,will continue to break down. Not his fault but the management team must see that passing intricately around the box and choosing the right kind of cross, are simply beyond him. Very frustrating. 

I think we'll see lot's of Cammy Logan once he's fit.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Seems like a lot of it is wide play into the box, but all they have to hit is Boyce. 1 vs about 5 or 6 opposing players. Its not very good odds. Seems like we should be playing through the middle with the wide players making runs in behind but that didn't really look to be happening (at least not very well). Found it a very frustrating watch with some of the finishing and decision making in the final 3rd. Gino's 'shot' at the end about summed up his contribution. 

On the bright side, Woodburn, GMS and McKay all looked sharp and a real danger. Beni and Gordon were incredible and despite a few mistakes I thought Halkett looked comfortable too which is good to see. One of those ones where we were unlucky and need to look at what we're doing in the final 3rd and see where we can improve. 

I still find watching Michael Smith playing wing back painful but there doesn't appear to be too many other options until Cammy Logan gets fit again and possibly Brandon. 

We need to hit spaces and midfield need to support on the box

Far too often 1 in the box. 

We also are to purposeful, when in the final third put it in a area.

I pass too many sometimes. 

Promising tho, we are in the mix for top 4, nothing to fear and we'll improve. 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Non-existent ?    Don't agree at all.    But he needs another forward  sticking close to him to give him an option, and to pick up some loose balls - we seldom had anyone do that today.       

Bar a few flick ons he didn’t do anything. He receives the ball and the next touch is a tackle

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sorry bongo that’s just wrong.

my best mate is a Hibs fan, Doyle Hayes is no less or more important than any of the the others in their team. That’s straight from his mouth. If you’re going to start your usual pish on this thread then just feck off as no one has the energy to deal with your usual drivel.  It was two full teams at full strength today no opportunities missed.

Did you're mate look at how many games he has started this season 🤔, and does he know? 

21 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Woodburn and GMS going off is baffling.

Especially GMS for me.   Missed two chances, looked well up for it.  Subbed????

Agreed they were linking great and he subs them both.... We then looked crap after that. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Missed opportunity for sure. Wouldn't say Stevenson was a huge miss for them today though, chances are he wouldn't have started anyway. I'm not sure Doidge would have played ahead of Nisbet either.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Ecce Romanov said:

I am really pleased that we are not just punting the ball up the pitch.

Yes, we go sideways sometimes, but at times Hibs had 9 players behind the ball.

IMO it was a really good game that we were very unlucky not to win

Yip and Hibs had a threat on the counter. 

Good game with both teams showing quality at times imo. 

Absolute Scenes

Did you're mate look at how many games he has started this season 🤔, and does he know? 

HALKett has started every game for us and he’s horrendous. As a season ticket holder I’ll let him tell me rather than you 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Bar a few flick ons he didn’t do anything. He receives the ball and the next touch is a tackle

Someone needs to be in the centre forward position. Boyce does a lot of work but he’s often not where you’d expect the CF to be. Not the first time I’ve noticed this. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Of course it’s a missed opportunity. I don’t know how anyone could begin to disagree with you there. 

Thanks 👍 for the record i really ****ing hate them, and I hate them leaving tynecastle even with a point. 

It's simple as this when a club fans go out there way on purpose to put a club out of business, then to me it's personal, and I want Heart of Midlothian, to give them the hot boaby every single time we play them. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

complete control
11 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Didn't do enough overall in final third to carve out enough decent opportunities.  If we persist playing Michael Smith in advanced positions on the right hand side, moves with promise,will continue to break down. Not his fault but the management team must see that passing intricately around the box and choosing the right kind of cross, are simply beyond him. Very frustrating. 

bang on

I get some are not happy with a point, me neither but It was a pretty decent game to be fair. Once all our new acquisition settle in I really think we're in for a exciting season. There's still a ton to improve on but we'll get there. Not going to loss my s**t over this result, looking at the bigger picture. On to Ross county now 👍 

Difficult decision to make in the middle of the park now. Haring starting to look good again and we've got Devlin in now too. I'd like to see us line up like this next week:

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Logan

Beni

Devlin

Cochrane

Mckay

Woodburn

GMS

10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

👏

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Thanks 👍 for the record i really ****ing hate them, and I hate them leaving tynecastle even with a point. 

It's simple as this when a club fans go out there want on purpose to put a club out of business, then to me it's personal, and I want Heart of Midlothian, to give them the hot boaby every single time we play them. 

It’s horrendous them leaving tynecastle with a point. 

It's simple as this when a club fans go out there want on purpose to put a club out of business, then to me it's personal, and I want Heart of Midlothian, to give them the hot boaby every single time we play them. 

Hot boaby🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

Agreed they were linking great and he subs them both.... We then looked crap after that. 

It must have been a premeditated plan. 

1 minute ago, usagi said:

I get some are not happy with a point, me neither but It was a pretty decent game to be fair. Once all our new acquisition settle in I really think we're in for a exciting season. There's still a ton to improve on but we'll get there. Not going to loss my s**t over this result, looking at the bigger picture. On to Ross county now 👍 

Not happy with the result, we should have won but it was good overall performance. Plenty to be positive about.

complete control
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Someone needs to be in the centre forward position. Boyce does a lot of work but he’s often not where you’d expect the CF to be. Not the first time I’ve noticed this. 

agreed. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We need more bodies in the box. 

For me it's that simple. 

Often only Boycey with 4 defenders 

That's my gripe this season. 

Pasquale for King

Neilson just can’t get a team up for derbies. 
As for the formation it’s just not working, two wing backs that can’t cross and nobody to cross too anyway. 
No doubt the excuses will flow from the manager and his pals on here.  

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

HALKett has started every game for us and he’s horrendous. As a season ticket holder I’ll let him tell me rather than you 

Halkett has not been horrendous, he had one bad moment where he played the ball out and the Hibs player nearly intercepted it, apart from that has was far more dominant in the air than Souttar and was the best defender in our back line today, 

The criticism he gets is really disgusting tbh, he has made mistakes, but Souttar almost gave a goal away today and certainly wasn't the ball playing defender people make him out to be today. 

Halkett was miles ahead of him in terms of winning second balls, being an aerial presence everything, he even went on a run with the ball once. 

I was starting to wonder if Kingsley and Souttar thought the ball was a hot tattie at times. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

We played reasonably well in spells but draw was about right in the end.

Beni is a class above.

Boyce frustrates the living daylights out of me, he’s nowhere near as good as some believe and his general play takes the sting out of so many attacks.

13 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Think so to. Doesn’t really run the channels creating space for our wide men either.

Boyce strikes me as more of a box poacher, sometimes to score from the second ball. 

In other words, we need someone else up front with him putting in shots and making the runs. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

We need more bodies in the box. 

For me it's that simple. 

Often only Boycey with 4 defenders 

That's my gripe this season. 

Frustrating we didn’t carve out enough opportunities today for sure. It’s annoying because Halliday a bigger threat than Haring coming through from midfield but Haring’s over all play is better. I feel if we had someone with an attacking mindset coming up from midfield it would’ve tipped things in our favour.  

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hibs without Doyle Hayes and Doige, and Murphy and we play like that at Tynecastle?

Pish attitude today!

Forgot about Murphy 👍

16 minutes ago, 151 said:

Yip. Agree with all of that mate. McKay looked sharp, Woodburn was dangerous all game. Beni is top drawer streets above anything we've had in the middle for years. It looks good going forward but I absolutely hate the fact those *******s will be happy.

Ecstatic is an understatement on them being happy.  

Not sure there's room now, but just need that player in the middle who can create a bit further forward. 

We'll get there with this side.  

I just can't get over how good Beni is, love him already.  

Type of player when he really gets going that wins teams trophies. 

He is showing why Savage is very crucial.  We might struggle to keep hold of him as well.  Hopefully here because he wanted back to Scotland as only the old firm could tempt him but won't admit our scouting is better.   Yes! 

Edited by Auldbenches