****Official Hearts v Hibs Match Thread****

Wee Mikey

Breaking at pace is the only part of the game where they’ve been better than us.

Both keepers made some quality saves 

Defences on top.

Pluses for me all the new signings look to have improved us and we’re a better side than we were.

Minuses Thought Gino was poor

Boyce frustrating but, again is isolated and trying to do too much.

Encouraging.

They’re no mugs. Not the world beaters the media make em out to be but have some decent players

Think a draw was probably fair on chances but we dominated in truth

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Garbage from start to finish,no wing play,no attacking threat,slow laborious shirt.

It was obvious from Neilson's line up. Lack of urgency to win the game, and despite what others said, a draw was a fair result.

Just now, WageThief said:

It’s a shite result but probably best performance of the season.

They aren’t a shite side, I doubt we will face better aside the arse cheeks. We’d have hammered Aberdeen with today’s performance 

I agree, as they're our rivals we're obviously going to always say they're shite but they're definitely not as bad as some like to make out. Overall we played very well today could have and should have won comfortably. Disappointed in the result but not the performance.

Disappointing not to win, but very good performance. Hibs are decent - we are better and will get better still as our new signings bed in. Both goalies were excellent. Play every game like that and we will win more often than not.

Just now, WageThief said:

It’s a shite result but probably best performance of the season.

They aren’t a shite side, I doubt we will face better aside the arse cheeks. We’d have hammered Aberdeen with today’s performance 

The build up play is tediously slow, there were chances to get at them today but instead we come back. It's just frustrating when we really should be winning these kind of games. And I disagree, take Boyle out the side they are bang average. Far more threat in teams like Dundee. 

Nisbet is garbage.

3 minutes ago, Skinny Milinkovic said:

Disappointing result, especially considering how dominant we were in the first half. Not sure why Nando wasn't brought on to support Boyce near the end. As an aside, Michael Smith must be the worst crosser of the ball in Scotland, rarely gets it past the first man. 

Ref might have had something to say about that as we had already used 3 subs

Pumped 12 man Hubz 0-0. 

Bit let down tbh.. 

However, positives... 

We have some great ball players now.. Beni, Haring, GMS.. 

Beni gonna be an absolute star in a much bigger league. Head and shoulders above spfl how the **** did we get him?! 

Was Boyle playing? 

They are really pish. Unlucky we didn't win that. 

We are needing some central support behind Boyce. He was very isolated at times. 

Gutted at the result but when the new lads find their feet I reckon we will get better going forward 

Woody and GMS looked dangerous, as did McKay when he came on 

The bottom line is that we have a team that once they get used to each other, get more games under their belt, and start gelling, we will get better and better. 

Really like the look of Woodburn and Beni is a class apart. Some real potential there - Robbie has to get them playing to their potential moving forward 

HHGH

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

It was obvious from Neilson's line up. Lack of urgency to win the game, and despite what others said, a draw was a fair result.

Sadly i agree with this. 

Fan of 343 as it's worked well, but needed more attacking players on the last 20 rather than like for like. 4231 or 2 up top. 

Decent performance though. 

Hibs as average as expected. If Boyle gets injured they're fcked. 

Beni is the best midfielder we’ve had in so long. Gonna need enjoy all the time he has with us because I don’t think he’ll be here long. I was sceptical when I seen haring starting but have to say I thought he was immense today 

2 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Never was part of the ginnelly love in. Woodbury should have been kept on. Once again beni the class act tho haring played well too

There's not much comes from Ginnelly's twisting and turning.  Needs to start being more productive with it.  

Would bringing Gnando on for Boyce near the end have made a difference? 

We needed another option up front. 

Thought it was a decent performance overall on another day probably would have won it.

Thought both keepers were very very good today.

Have to give a shout to the much maligned  Craig Halkett today, very dominant and decisive  and one McPherson esque run in the second half.

Thought Soapy was poor, couple of misplaced passes that could have cost us, and lost a number of aerial duels.

Beni best outfield player by a country mile.

Beni, Haring and Gordon all class. We need to get some support around Boyce and some physicality in the final third. We get pushed off the ball too often 

Skinny Milinkovic
Just now, XB52 said:

Ref might have had something to say about that as we had already used 3 subs

Funny, but obviously I meant instead of Gino/Mckay.

Dennis Reynolds

Hibs are incredibly ordinary. They'll do nothing this season.

We played well but taking Woodburn and GMS off when he did was odd. 

Beni needs to get himself a new suit for the Balloon d'Or ceremony.

2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

You two really need to find another team to 'support' 

1 minute ago, Jambo On Fire said:

Felt that the McKay and Ginnelly substitutions were pre-planned. GMS came off just as he was at his most dangerous.

Agree with this. Made a mistake not deviating from his plan.

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Boyle and Nesbit have to be the two most overrated players in Scotland. Nesbit especially. Absolute shite. 

You can add Doig to that list

37 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Michael Smith cannae Cross for toffee

One rant only Michael Smith.

Beni has the ball charges fwd with Haring and Smith , Haring picks up passes to Smith - who,,,,,,,,,hmmm will I , erm , oh threat over. He thinks slowly and passes even slower and wide of the mark. 65 wasted mins imo. Ive said it a million times a rwb is a weapon.!!!

58 mins has a 6 yard pass to make and misses Boyce by 2 yards , 62 mins on edge of box has 2 attempts from 4 yards to find his man and misses both. Do I rate him yes at rwb no ! 

There is no room for sentiment in this team.

Only positive was McKay was **** excecllent. Class above - runs, uses both feet , can ping a cross (thats two in our team now), sharp , vision - excellent.

firm but fair

fth

Just now, Selkirk_Jambo said:

Beni, Haring and Gordon all class. We need to get some support around Boyce and some physicality in the final third. We get pushed off the ball too often 

GMS and Woodburn above average too. 

1 minute ago, Jambo On Fire said:

Felt that the McKay and Ginnelly substitutions were pre-planned. GMS came off just as he was at his most dangerous.

Crazy decision man. 

1 minute ago, BervieJambo said:

Disappointing not to win, but very good performance. Hibs are decent - we are better and will get better still as our new signings bed in. Both goalies were excellent. Play every game like that and we will win more often than not.

Bang on.   Not the result we wanted but we will only get better and better.  Thought we had a lot of quality in the pitch.    We’ve really stepped it up in my view and will be competing for 3rd.     Hoping Devlin can settle in and make a real impact,  McKay not match fit but clearly is a dangerous player,  Woodburn settling in and Beni is just class.    

2 minutes ago, kjc2006 said:

Substitions were totally the wrong players to take off. Both Mackay steven and woodburn were looking dangerous at the time.

I thought Woodburn was shattered when he went off

GMS had one of his better games and was a strange one

Geoff Kilpatrick

5 games in and 11 points out of 15. I would have bitten your hand off for that at the start of the season.

Now we have the winless teams to face plus Motherwell and Sevco so there is a real chance to consolidate at the top end. We have the quality to do it, we just need more of a killer touch in the final third.

Just now, The Tackle said:

Poor choice of subs by Robbie, still think we can do better 

He can’t predict Ginelly being unable to make the correct decision.

On paper these were great subs to bring on. And Woodburn looked knackered anyway so had to come off.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Was Boyle playing? 

They are really pish. Unlucky we didn't win that. 

We are needing some central support behind Boyce. He was very isolated at times. 

Yup. That for me was where we could have won it. Beni and Haring are far too similar. In the midfield We need one of the cmids running and getting forward, to pick up lay offs and knock downs from Boyce.
Pull their defenders out and get the wingers in behind to the byline 

It was a good match, both teams had chances to win it but the goalkeepers were not getting beat today

Edited by Maroon Sailor

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Boyle and Nesbit have to be the two most overrated players in Scotland. Nesbit especially. Absolute shite. 

Nah Boyle always looks dangerous and has a good shot on him.

Nisbet I agree, offered very little for them other than last 10 mins

1 minute ago, Homme said:

GMS and Woodburn above average too. 

Yep. Both had good showings. 

The positive part of it is that we looked miles ahead of them. We didn't get the result but we have the makings of some team. 

3 minutes ago, 160598 said:

One rant only Michael Smith.

Beni has the ball charges fwd with Haring and Smith , Haring picks up passes to Smith - who,,,,,,,,,hmmm will I , erm , oh threat over. He thinks slowly and passes even slower and wide of the mark. 65 wasted mins imo. Ive said it a million times a rwb is a weapon.!!!

58 mins has a 6 yard pass to make and misses Boyce by 2 yards , 62 mins on edge of box has 2 attempts from 4 yards to find his man and misses both. Do I rate him yes at rwb no ! 

There is no room for sentiment in this team.

Only positive was McKay was **** excecllent. Class above - runs, uses both feet , can ping a cross (thats two in our team now), sharp , vision - excellent.

firm but fair

fth

ok second rant. How many **** times did Cochrane look at to the box and whos there **** noone - ask Cochrane who he would have subbed on and the answer is Gnando

fth