****Official Hearts v Hibs Match Thread****

Wee Mikey

16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That performance at home in a Derby was a disgrace,happy campers happy to clap on with this 1 up front at home shite.

happy to draw with a team with McGinn and Gogic in it,embarrassing.

3-4-

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

Leveins Battalion

Baffled at the fans on here happy with a draw against this pish,Doig,Porteous,McGinn,Gogic,Newel.

All absolutely shite,we should be pumping this shower at home.

15 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Didn't do enough overall in final third to carve out enough decent opportunities.  If we persist playing Michael Smith in advanced positions on the right hand side, moves with promise,will continue to break down. Not his fault but the management team must see that passing intricately around the box and choosing the right kind of cross, are simply beyond him. Very frustrating. 

Yes.... very fair assessment, imo.    Smtih is morphing into a carbon copy of Robbie as a player - excellent tackler, good at throwiins, hopeless at crossing.    Despite the stats which suggest we had the upper hand, Hibs looked livelier than us at getting forward - sad to say. 

4 minutes ago, usagi said:

I get some are not happy with a point, me neither but It was a pretty decent game to be fair. Once all our new acquisition settle in I really think we're in for a exciting season. There's still a ton to improve on but we'll get there. Not going to loss my s**t over this result, looking at the bigger picture. On to Ross county now 👍 

Agree to a point, but this formation is not the answer. Far too many defensive minded players in there. Build up is painfully slow. Wing backs that can’t cross. Needs and extra midfielder in there. One that can link up play

Just now, Lone Striker said:

Yes.... very fair assessment, imo.    Smtih is morphing into a carbon copy of Robbie as a player - excellent tackler, good at throwiins, hopeless at crossing.    Despite the stats which suggest we had the upper hand, Hibs looked livelier than us at getting forward - sad to say

Half decent teams that play on the break always look livelier. More room to play in and it looks more effective from the stands. 

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

But there's not 2 CF on the pitch. BOOOOOOO. 

Probably the same numpties that are dripping watching Manchester City …

Think we proved we're the better side today - some good performances, beni outstanding again, what a find he was. Gordon immense as well, never worried with him. When you think back to the pereira days...Woodburn was a big threat and was surprised to see him go off but did see him stretching a few times just before that.

Boyle is a big threat, there's no getting away from that, but take him away and they don't offer a great deal. Nisbet starting for Scotland is insane, offered absolutely nothing today.

Neilson probably made the wrong changes, looked weaker after imo. Ginnelly was really, really disappointing, would have preferred to have gnando. Need to see the GMS chance in 2nd half again, from where I was in G i was expecting him to bury it!

Only concern is the often slow build up play - 1st half especially, seemed to want to walk it into the net. And we really need to find a more attacking RWB if we're persisting with it. 

Pains me to say it but overall draw probably a fair result, some big saves on both sides, both defences did well, albeit still very disappointed not to have won it. But positives to take and we move on 👍

2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

But there's not 2 CF on the pitch. BOOOOOOO. 

There wasn’t really one centre forward in our team though was there? Boyce playing more of a number 10 role with two wingers in front of him most of the time. Not really working too well imo. 

Annoyed with that result. 

Think we were the better team but didn’t have the cutting edge today. 

Both keepers did their job well and that’s we’re at. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There wasn’t really one centre forward in our team though was there? Boyce playing more of a number 10 role with two wingers in front of him most of the time. Not really working too well imo. 

Spot on, is he instructed to play like this or does he just decide to do it? 

If he just decides to do it, feck it bench him, would rather Gnanduillet play atleast he will play more upfront. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

A Shoreditch Heart

Very disappointing result obviously and we should have won, but we played some good football and things are looking good for the season. 

6 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Boyce strikes me as more of a box poacher, sometimes to score from the second ball. 

In other words, we need someone else up front with him putting in shots and making the runs. 

Wouls say so to. If big gnando is up there with him takes the pressure of him.

I’m not saying always start with 2 but bringing him on early second half to change things up would help us.

Sitting at Haymarket station waiting for the train, all the hibs fans here are exstatic about a nil nil draw, that tells you how they see derbies.

I'm gutted, we are better than how we played today, but it was a derby and with a ref like that we were getting nothing!

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hayes is a massive part of there team they paid a fee for him, and Doidge is a big player for them? Stevenson has been at Hibs how long?

Missed opportunity im afraid. 

Definitely. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Boyce and Woodburh should have swapped placeS...........................OFFICIALLY

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If he just decides to do it it, feck it bench him, would rather Gnanduillet play atleast he will play more upfront. 

Such a tough one to call. I suspect he’s dropping deep looking for the ball but might be the tactic. Who knows but I’d be reluctant to drop him. I’d rather tweak things a bit and either have more of an attack minded player in midfield to link up a bit better or change formation to play Boyce as ten and Gnando nine.

Even then I’d have pause for thought because Beni and Haring are playing really well together. Tough one really. So much is working well with the team but we’re just not quite clicking into place in an attacking sense. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

11 from 15 is a good return from

Celtic

St Mirren (away)

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd (away)

Hibs

Yep and the shite have utd away next and both the old firm in October fixtures

36 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You two really need to find another team to 'support' 

I have no idea who Robbie Neilson supports.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Annoyed with that game and similar to Aberdeen it feels like points dropped. 

Absolutely, the formation suits playing away from home much better than getting on the front foot, wingers playing centrally to allow two wing backs to get forward to go can’t cross, with only one guy in the box to hit. 
These are the teams we have to beat to get to third. 
Two great chances to slap them both down. 

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

11 from 15 is a good return from

Celtic

St Mirren (away)

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd (away)

Hibs

A very decent return tbh. I bet many of us were thinking of 6 points when the fixtures were announced. Now have 3 winnable games coming up before a 2 week break.

MATCH REPORT: https://t.co/jmEKufyQxg 

0-0, but I thought it was one of the more entertaining derbies in recent years. Could’ve gone either way and both goalies were excellent. We probably shouldn’t grumble with a point, but it’s disappointing not to win a home derby with our overall record in the fixture.

Still unbeaten though and it’s been a tough start for us.

Reads appreciated 

5 minutes ago, JH-HMFC said:

Think we proved we're the better side today - some good performances, beni outstanding again, what a find he was. Gordon immense as well, never worried with him. When you think back to the pereira days...Woodburn was a big threat and was surprised to see him go off but did see him stretching a few times just before that.

Boyle is a big threat, there's no getting away from that, but take him away and they don't offer a great deal. Nisbet starting for Scotland is insane, offered absolutely nothing today.

Neilson probably made the wrong changes, looked weaker after imo. Ginnelly was really, really disappointing, would have preferred to have gnando. Need to see the GMS chance in 2nd half again, from where I was in G i was expecting him to bury it!

Only concern is the often slow build up play - 1st half especially, seemed to want to walk it into the net. And we really need to find a more attacking RWB if we're persisting with it. 

Pains me to say it but overall draw probably a fair result, some big saves on both sides, both defences did well, albeit still very disappointed not to have won it. But positives to take and we move on 👍

Pretty much exactly my thoughts. Thought we should have looked to replace Haring rather than GMS. Hibs looked to close down the wings from the start and although we had some opportunities coming from the outside I think the best chances came from good play through the middle. GMS should probably score but it was a fantastic save. We didn't win a lot in the air today so having Gnando as a presence for 20 minutes could well have made a difference. Game of two keepers in the end I think.

I thought the Hobos had the better chances and if not for Gordon they may well have won that. Hope we improve with the benefit of the new guys and do them in the next derby. The Hobos aren't as shit as some of us say they are but I'm looking for better from us and hopefully we give them a good hiding in the next derby

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, the formation suits playing away from home much better than getting on the front foot, wingers playing centrally to allow two wing backs to get forward to go can’t cross, with only one guy in the box to hit. 
These are the teams we have to beat to get to third. 
Two great chances to slap them both down. 

Spot on 

12 minutes ago, usagi said:

I get some are not happy with a point, me neither but It was a pretty decent game to be fair. Once all our new acquisition settle in I really think we're in for a exciting season. There's still a ton to improve on but we'll get there. Not going to loss my s**t over this result, looking at the bigger picture. On to Ross county now 👍 

This is the sort of game we've failed to dominate in recent years - its understandable getting cuffed in Glasgow, but not showing up against teams like Ross Co was unforgiveable.    A  measure of how good or otherwise the squad & management of it is will be how we perform next week.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If he just decides to do it it, feck it bench him, would rather Gnanduillet play atleast he will play more upfront. 

He’s instructed to play like that, another body in midfield for mr negative. 

A draw was probably a fair result but doesn't mean I'm happy with it. We dominated for long spells but no goals and that's what counts. Hibs could have won it at the end too if it hadn't been for big Craig. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, edramone said:

I thought the Hobos had the better chances and if not for Gordon they may well have won that. Hope we improve with the benefit of the new guys and do them in the next derby. The Hobos aren't as shit as some of us say they are but I'm looking for better from us and hopefully we give them a good hiding in the next derby

Agreed.
No chance of giving them a good hiding with this guy in charge, two lucky wins in eight against them. 

Like a few on here, I’m frustrated with Boyce today. The more he plays the less I see him as a proper forward ie. someone to get on the end of defence splitting passes or crosses. He plays too deep IMO. I would have left Woodburn on and brought on Gnando for Boyce. There was only a couple of times we fired first time crosses into the box and it caused them havoc. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Such a tough one to call. I suspect he’s dropping deep looking for the ball but might be the tactic. Who knows but I’d be reluctant to drop him. I’d rather tweak things a bit and either have more of an attack minded player in midfield to link up a bit better or change formation to play Boyce as ten and Gnando nine.

Even then I’d have pause for thought because Beni and Haring are playing really well together. Tough one really. So much is working well with the team but we’ve just not quite clicking into place in an attacking sense. 

But we had the ball for large parts of the game - theres no need to drop back. And he had a pop at Gino for having a pop.?

Cochrane was gagging for a front man - so was Mckay - Its not hindsight when the game is screaming out for it on the hour mark. I think we are clicking - some lovely inter play we just needed that goal for more confidence

11 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

There was 3 up all game.  He must be at it if he thinks that wasn't a decent performance.  

It was 532 once Woodburn moved into a central position.

Smith and Cochrane are both full backs who offer next to nothing offensively.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Woodburn another class act btw. Quick feet and always looking for the ball. He starts for me every week IMO. 

Not good enough.  No pressure on the team from the bench.  While in overall control, Hibs could have won it if not for CG.

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

imo Cochrane was very good - trouble was he had nothing to aim at - end of

16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Baffled at the fans on here happy with a draw against this pish,Doig,Porteous,McGinn,Gogic,Newel.

All absolutely shite,we should be pumping this shower at home.

What posts are you seeing by folk happy with a point ?  We all wanted 3 points, but sometimes things just don't work out like that.  That was one of the better Hibs performances in a derby - but apparently they're pish.

Really enthusiastic about the future after that. We’re excellent at keeping the ball in general. First time in a good few years that I’ve seen such strength in depth and numerous options in a variety of positions 

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

Not good enough.  No pressure on the team from the bench.  While in overall control, Hibs could have won it if not for CG.

We could have won it if not for their keeper. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, edramone said:

If not for Macey we might well have won that!

He might not be Craig Gordon but he kept them at 0-0. Although GMS could possibly have been more composes at the one on one shot.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Like a few on here, I’m frustrated with Boyce today. The more he plays the less I see him as a proper forward ie. someone to get on the end of defence splitting passes or crosses. He plays too deep IMO. I would have left Woodburn on and brought on Gnando for Boyce. There was only a couple of times we fired first time crosses into the box and it caused them havoc. 

He needs to play off another striker, he can’t play with his back to goal, his control isn’t good enough and a nudge in the back is all it takes. 
We are not creating many chances and scoring extremely few goals from open play in this formation. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Agreed. 

2 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

We could have won it if not for their keeper. 

Their keeper made 3 very good stops - Mackay-Steven should have buried his opportunity, however

Edited by King prawn

4 points dropped in last 2 home games.

Too many primarily defensive minded players on pitch.

Still nothing happening right through the middle,no one making runs.

Gordon, Beningime and Woodburn were fine.

Boyce and GMS passengers.

We really struggle to create clear chances with that many defensive minded players starting, we may have had 16 efforts on goal but I think one was what you would class as a clear opportunity. Too many players want to pass side ways instead of driving forwards/shooting and a distinct lack of runners going past Boyce.

Keeping setting up like that will hold us back imo.

We should be getting better from that squad.