Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Paninaro Hearts

• PortyBeach

• Hmfc1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I just wish to feck Hearts fans would stop whining about Hearts fans. We made plenty of noise yesterday. Even United fans (didn't think they had anything in their repertoire apart from "United") made a bit of noise. Yes agreed"Hullo, Hullo" is not that appropriate in this day & age, but it is one that gets everyone going. 

I'm sure when Boyce opened the scoring he enjoyed hearing HH and folk wading in his blood. 

Always thought the song was total cringeworthy I mean "surrender or you'll die" and "up to our knees in F blood" , wtf is that all about it's a game of fitba FFS ........as I said total cringeworthy...HHGH!!.

56 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I just wish to feck Hearts fans would stop whining about Hearts fans. We made plenty of noise yesterday. Even United fans (didn't think they had anything in their repertoire apart from "United") made a bit of noise. Yes agreed"Hullo, Hullo" is not that appropriate in this day & age, but it is one that gets everyone going. Also if you're going to complain about chanting, why are we singing the European Song when we aren't in Europe this season? We got the hibbies in a couple of weeks so let's get all onside together and stock up on booze for when we wipe the smile from their faces on 12/9/21 HHGH

I'll whine about Hearts fans singing sectarian songs for as long as it takes.

That song must go. It's an embarrassment.

And it's nothing to do with 'this day and age'.

Hearts were never a sectarian club in any day or age. If you know your history. 

SomethingAboutObua

Can anyone give an actual reason as to why Hearts should sing it beyond it's a catchy tune? 

7 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Can anyone give an actual reason as to why Hearts should sing it beyond it's a catchy tune? 

The lyrics are easy for the brain dead?

15 hours ago, lost in space said:

I thought this thread was going to be a thread about Daniel Stendel's new team song - 

"Hello, hello, we are the Nancy boys......." 

No????

🎶Meet the gang, 

'cause the boys are here🎵

The boys to entertain you! 

With songs🎶 and sketches

And jokes old and new, 

With us about, you won't feel blue, 

So... 

🎶Meet the gang,' cause the boys are bere🎶

The boys to entertain you. 

B. O. 

B. O. Y. S. 

Boys to entertain yoooooooo🎶🎵🎶

Just now, Ski Nae said:

🎶Meet the gang, 

With songs🎶 and sketches

And jokes old and new, 

So... 

B. O. 

B. O. Y. S. 

A winner for the terraces I feel. 👍

Scott Leitch

A rousing anthem. Fenian blood isn't great but a hell of a lot were singing about Hibee blood. Sung the right way it's a belter.

Ainsley Harriott
4 hours ago, Sarah O said:

This thread sums up the type of person who indulges in sectarianism. 

But your little profile picture is a national flag being chucked off a cliff.

lost in space
36 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

🎶Meet the gang, 

With songs🎶 and sketches

And jokes old and new, 

So... 

B. O. 

B. O. Y. S. 

Brilliant. Well played.  👏

47 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

A lot of these types of songs were sung certainly from when I started going in the 70s.

This one has stuck around. 

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Why would I? The more flags the merrier. All races & religions welcome at Hearts, mate. Rainbow flags...? Fantastic. Was great to see the Greek flag back in the day. Or the Lithuanian. 

A wee Democratic Republic of Congo flag would look good now too.

Would you be having a word with anyone who brought an Irish flag in? I'd hope not. Panini seems the only one upset about it all. 

Anyway. Flag debates are taboo. So I'll leave it there.👍🏻

🎣🎣🎣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Why would I? The more flags the merrier. All races & religions welcome at Hearts, mate. Rainbow flags...? Fantastic. Was great to see the Greek flag back in the day. Or the Lithuanian. 

A wee Democratic Republic of Congo flag would look good now too.

Would you be having a word with anyone who brought an Irish flag in? I'd hope not. Panini seems the only one upset about it all. 

Anyway. Flag debates are taboo. So I'll leave it there.👍🏻

Maybe not Nigeria though. 

Das Viertel Hearts

Shall we sing a Glasgow Rangers song for you...? (repeat)

That's Hearts "fans" that is.

Of all the clubs and of all the fans in all the world, why would anyone in their right mind want to emulate Glasgow Rangers?

What's wrong with being Hearts?

Sing a Hearts song.

9 hours ago, Das Viertel Hearts said:

Hello hello we love to lick our beloved Glasgow Rangers ar** is what everyone actually hears.

Unfortunately.

You are correct, Herr Bremen 👍

Leveins Battalion

Great song and will continue to be sung.

Only folk I seen booing yesterday was a fat ginger plooky guy at the game with his mum.

Hello Hello we are the Gorgie Boys!!!!!!

If you sing it or Make excuses for it or tolorate it then you need to have a word with yourself. Archaic knuckle dragging nonsense. GTF wi the lot of it!

2 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

Easy to blame young silly lads singing the song. The reality is it's actually a huge part of our support and people just don't want to admit that.

If that’s true, then a significant portion of the Hearts support and the wider population that views the club with some affection might wonder if their allegiance/respect has been misplaced.

Hopefully your contention is wide of the mark.

Unfortunately the people who sing this delightful ditty are highly unlikely to be patrons of Jambos Kickback, so all this is probably falling on deaf ears

This song im afraid won’t just go away, it’s been sung and discussed and disputed for decades, but it seems every new generation are happy to sing it

And fact is for everyone telling them they can’t sing it only strengthens there resolve to sing it, it’s you won’t tell me what to do crowd.

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Great song and will continue to be sung.

Only folk I seen booing yesterday was a fat ginger plooky guy at the game with his mum.

Hello Hello we are the Gorgie Boys!!!!!!

Nice to know we’re attracting ladies to games - even ones with ginger offspring. You never know, mum’s influence might mean that “ginger” ends up a lifelong Jambo (assuming he doesn’t get abused at matches because of his appearance, of course).

3 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Nice to know we’re attracting ladies to games - even ones with ginger offspring. You never know, mum’s influence might mean that “ginger” ends up a lifelong Jambo (assuming he doesn’t get abused at matches because of his appearance, of course).

Gingerism and ageism the last acceptable isms to society it would seem.

As for hello hello leave that to the weegies.

Plenty we can sing without that.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

But your little profile picture is a national flag being chucked off a cliff.

Nationalists don’t appreciate that particular irony. 

4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Just finished reading this thread. Deary me. One person in particular has had an absolute nightmare here. 😳

I was speaking to one of the culprits last night. I get where they are coming from the lack of putting the words into a real world understanding of what they mean is a problem. Not helped by 40+ year old blokes saying phm sing it mate 👀

They (him n the other younger lot) live for the aggro and the passion at the game. “If it wasn’t for us the support wouldn’t have sung as they did” i agree but as i said to him theres ways to sing it that dont have repercussions and would have more fans singing it. The feeling of euphoria (my interpretation of his words) when the whole bulk of the Hearts fans start singing Hullo Hullo is something they love in a good way. 

I was saying to him there is an irony of them singing that then cheering Aaron McEneff as he warmed up or Gnando. He said “McEneff was loving us singing hullo hullo” I was like no chance he was enjoying the anti catholic song. The Hullo hullo bit yes possibly  ,I had to explain why he wouldn’t like the rest.

He was then saying aye but im not a big fan of Catholics , I don’t like Celtic or Hibs I couldn’t go out wi a Celtic fan or a Hibee. I pointed out that irl how many people does he know that are Catholic as opposed to protestant. He said he doesnt know. 

You can’t tell in the real world these days for the most part , aside from associating their football leanings with their religion or when yer pumping the lass and she has a metronome beside her bed for pull out time. The world has changed and much as its awesome hearing the fans (young team included) getting behind the players the whole game that is one bit that needs to be lost to time. Achieving it isn’t about education though with the current lot i don’t think. I’m not sure how you go about achieving that short term as opposed to in time itll disappear due to how the world has changed. 

They were all gutted for one young lad who got tossed out just as he tried to let off a smoke bomb 🤣

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

A lot of these types of songs were sung certainly from when I started going in the 70s.

This one has stuck around. 

And that makes it what acceptable? 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

And that makes it what acceptable? 

I didn't say that. Another post had a question about why it was sung at all.

Edited by Hmfc1965

42 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Unfortunately the people who sing this delightful ditty are highly unlikely to be patrons of Jambos Kickback, so all this is probably falling on deaf ears

This song im afraid won’t just go away, it’s been sung and discussed and disputed for decades, but it seems every new generation are happy to sing it

And fact is for everyone telling them they can’t sing it only strengthens there resolve to sing it, it’s you won’t tell me what to do crowd.

@Pasquale for King “the you wont tell me what to do crowd” arent you king of them pal? Maybe you can have a quiet word 😝

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

I didn't say that. Another post had a question about why it was sung at all.

So is it acceptable in your opinion. If so why? If not why do you think its still sung and how do you get them to understand the inappropriate nature of the words some choose to sing.

i like Hullo Hullo , i do not like the version they sing 

2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Being up to one's knees in anyone's blood, doesn't sound particularly pleasant.

Said yesterday rework it with marching thru gorgie bin the blood line and surrender line and it could be a great way to get folk singing

Just now, Nikoliunas said:

Love it or hate it, there's no getting away from the fact that its an absolute choon. 

What the inappropriate lyriced version is a choon?  

Francis Albert

Arsenal and a few other English fans sing it without the sectarian or up to knees in blood references. And yes it is a good tune for a football song. Unfortunately I doubt even if the words are changed it will ever escape the sectarian taint it has earned in Scotland over the decades and which some fans still rejoice in. So it would be good if it was dropped from the repertoire.

Hectormasson
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Arsenal and a few other English fans sing it without the sectarian or up to knees in blood references. And yes it is a good tune for a football song. Unfortunately I doubt even if the words are changed it will ever escape the sectarian taint it has earned in Scotland over the decades and which some fans still rejoice in. So it would be good if it was dropped from the repertoire.

Our best song though ?

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

So is it acceptable in your opinion. If so why? If not why do you think its still sung and how do you get them to understand the inappropriate nature of the words some choose to sing.

i like Hullo Hullo , i do not like the version they sing 

It's not acceptable but it's a relic of previous times.

To be honest I think it will have to go because alternative words haven't worked.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The irony is, not one of these ****ing idiots will believe in God, yet they're determined to sing about protestants and catholics! It's honestly mind-blowing, I can't get my head around it. 

3 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

🎶Meet the gang, 

With songs🎶 and sketches

And jokes old and new, 

So... 

B. O. 

B. O. Y. S. 

That works really well.

We even have a player for whom it is apt:-

"B. O. B. O. Y. Cee,

The Boyce to entertain YOOOO"

Ta-da!!! 🎶 😄

19 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

The irony is, not one of these ****ing idiots will believe in God, yet they're determined to sing about protestants and catholics! It's honestly mind-blowing, I can't get my head around it. 

To be fair you don't know that.

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Keep the tune.  Change the words.  The tune itself seems popular in other countries.

Doesnt work coz utter bellends continue to sing about fenian blood.

Jamstomorrow
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Doesnt work coz utter bellends continue to sing about fenian blood.

Perhaps if other words were penned, it may drown out the utter bellends?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
13 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

To be fair you don't know that.

Ok, it's an educated guess then. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It looks like 'Stone Island' has competition:-

Screenshot_20210829-152936_Google.jpg

110 quid for a polyester anorak? Well I suppose it is aimed at the naff demographic.

Hectormasson
9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It looks like 'Stone Island' has competition:-

Screenshot_20210829-152936_Google.jpg

'Paninaro "ooh ooh oh🎶🎶tune though...

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

110 quid for a polyester anorak? Well I suppose it is aimed at the naff demographic.

I'm guessing that @Paninaro Heartshas an entire wardrobe fu' o' such stuff.

he/she will grow up ... one day! 🦺

• davemclaren locked this topic