Hello Hello

WDJ87

4 minutes ago, ADAM said:

No they're not. Anyone who goes to a Hearts game with the aim of advertising their personal bigoted/racist/loyalist views is a parasite, they're just using HMFC as a means for their own ends.

Ibrox fans seem to get away with it..........King Billys on the wall etc

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Paninaro Hearts

• PortyBeach

• Hmfc1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still like my Premier Seating post-Man U 'Prawn-sandwich Brigade' version ...

"Jambo, Bonsoir, We are the Gorgie Chaps;

Sushi and Prawns and Spicy Veggie Wraps;

We drink Champagne and Cocktails too,

Martini's IF THEY'RE DRY;

We are the Jambo Gorgie Chaps".

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Rankers fans ain't what this thread is about.

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Have you registered this with the Performing Right Society?

3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Surely this would be cancelled by the pescatarian section of the home support. 

1 minute ago, Deodato said:

Have you registered this with the Performing Right Society?

Yup, I'm raking it in ... 😄

SomethingAboutObua

Mental how the folk that want to keep singing the song are getting more upset than the people that want us to bin it 

Just now, SomethingAboutObua said:

Mental how the folk that want to keep singing the song are getting more upset than the people that want us to bin it 

True. But I wonder if there is a bias of folks who don't sing are more inclined to get offended by the contents of some of those who do. 

Asymmetries baby, they are everywhere in life. 

36 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Nonsense, I took one when we signed Steven Elliott. Got lots of complimentary comments too.

Was it the way the colours highlighted your cheekbones

Hectormasson
15 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

You would last 2 mins but good luck!!! Nighty!!

@Barackto be fair to him if ya wore an Irish flag and feck all else and its cold n wet in the main stand hes prob right. Im assuming hes not meaning youd get battered for wearing the irish flag as that would be sectarian and he says its no sectarian but is but its not cause its no about billy etc. 

19 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Thats Ibrox , since when should we think somethings ok if Rangers do it? 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Few posters on this thread doing a sound job of proving an inverse relationship between number of brain cells and fondness for that song. 

iwasthere1954
4 hours ago, sam? said:

Its a great song and  I don’t think there is a bigoted word in it it references hibs ? Hearts fans have sunny since the seventies when I started going  why change now 

I think this song is not right in this modern world. Come Monday when FOH become the major shareholder is the time to get rid of this song which insults a whole lot of fans and players. It will be our club therefore we can now make the rules.

Flag debates are interesting. 

They are just flags. 

If we fly a Czech flag for Rudi, that's seen as inclusive and welcoming. If we fly a Northern Ireland flag for (...countless Northern Irish players...) or a Republic of Ireland flag for (...countless Republic of Ireland players...) then that becomes a problem. So when it comes to flags, some are more inclusive than others. I wouldn't want to be discriminated against because of my flag.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats Ibrox , since when should we think somethings ok if Rangers do it? 

I dont think its ok

12 minutes ago, Deodato said:

True. But I wonder if there is a bias of folks who don't sing are more inclined to get offended by the contents of some of those who do. 

Asymmetries baby, they are everywhere in life. 

Achtung Baby ...

42 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

Like it or not it’s been the same faces away and especially in Europe away (but we are not true fans) for years singing all songs and a few so called offensive songs… have a lie down.. it’s a song… not about Billy fullarton and his mob… relax… take a bit calpol and go and have a drink instead of being offended by a song that will be sang by hearts boys well after me and you can still type!! Nighty

One does apologise , one missed ones responsevu , I dont give a **** if its the same fans home and away. I get the young lads and the old ones have split up but surely they havent split their iqs too. Thos song isnt acceptable , its no just a good laugh and its offensive to some players and fans. We arent a protestant club , we arent anti Irish. If you are thats your choice but it doesnt have a place at football. Same as politics , religion belongs nowhere near a football club. 

To summarise you tonight though

take some calpol

wee man

little man

its just a song

its no sectarian as its no about Billy

it is sectarian because you sing it and you dont like irish flags. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Think you need the lie down small chappy

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Flag debates are interesting. 

They are just flags. 

If we fly a Czech flag for Rudi, that's seen as inclusive and welcoming. If we fly a Northern Ireland flag for (...countless Northern Irish players...) or a Republic of Ireland flag for (...countless Republic of Ireland players...) then that becomes a problem. So when it comes to flags, some are more inclusive than others. I wouldn't want to be discriminated against because of my flag.

Rainbow flag should be ok.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

One does apologise , one missed ones responsevu , I dont give a **** if its the same fans home and away. I get the young lads and the old ones have split up but surely they havent split their iqs too. Thos song isnt acceptable , its no just a good laugh and its offensive to some players and fans. We arent a protestant club , we arent anti Irish. If you are thats your choice but it doesnt have a place at football. Same as politics , religion belongs nowhere near a football club. 

To summarise you tonight though

take some calpol

wee man

little man

its just a song

its no sectarian as its no about Billy

it is sectarian because you sing it and you dont like irish flags. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Think you need the lie down small chappy

You missed nighty night.

Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

You missed nighty night.

**** sake im sorry! Im out canna even quote the boy right. prob need a lie down.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, sadj said:

**** sake im sorry! Im out canna even quote the boy right. prob need a lie down.

Most likely where he is now, lying in his ain pish.

5 hours ago, south morocco said:

I’m an older fan now I suppose, been going as a kid since the mid 70s. The song, even in its original form doesn’t really bother me personally, but I can see how nowadays it’s not relevant really.

It was never relevant tbh. 

55 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Has he finally went to bed? Thank ****

Maybe he finally had his calpol and his drink he kept bleating on about. Although not sure that is a good idea at his age.

julienbrellier

Quite a Lot of teams sing it with non offensive lyrics, no problem with it as it’s a good song

Edited by julienbrellier

1 hour ago, ADAM said:

No they're not. Anyone who goes to a Hearts game with the aim of advertising their personal bigoted/racist/loyalist views is a parasite, they're just using HMFC as a means for their own ends.

👍

27 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Quite a Lot of teams sing it with non offensive lyrics, no problem with it as it’s a good song

Tried with the Hibee blood version many times but it doesn’t work. Better just scrapping the song due to the bigoted sectarian element who are an embarrassment. 

2 hours ago, Barack said:

But can I still bring my Tricolour?🤔🤷‍♂️

You have punched **** out of this tricolour patter.

Bet you moan when people bring Northern Ireland flags in

Das Viertel Hearts

Hello hello we love to lick our beloved Glasgow Rangers ar** is what everyone actually hears.

Unfortunately.

Bungalow Bill

Given its 2021 and we’re still talking about this song, I think we unfortunately need to accept it will never disappear. We have bigoted fans and always will. It’s part of the club make-up which is a real shame (albeit a minority I hope).  

It was being sung by the young team in the queues to get into the ground today, yards away from the police. They don’t care either. 

11 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

We're up to our knees in Anderson money and we have nice pies, we are the gorgeous gorgie boys. Think that could catch on?

:D

6 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

You know when you’re driving along the road and up ahead a topless jakey slowly crosses the road, forcing you to slow down, because he thinks he’s hard. 
Thats Paninaro Hearts. 

Well... You should run said Jakey over and defend yourself in court. 

I had my wife and kids in the car malud, and this madman tried to carjack us and I thought he might kill my family. So I drove over him. 👍 Sorted.

Featured in the clubs megamix along with Hail Hail the Hearts are here 😂

I don't think a 'clean' version would ever unanimously be sung throughout our support though. 

13 hours ago, Abiola Dauda said:

It would be ok if it was exclusively hibee blood but it's not

Even this probably offends people in this day and age

This thread sums up the type of person who indulges in sectarianism. 

Hate that song being sung but, apart from that song, the away fans were the loudest I've heard them for years 

BackOfTheNet

Our songbook isn’t short on songs that can be sung over 90 minutes, especially as the Hearts song will also get a repeat. Folk on here are always trying to come up with new stuff too.

So there’s absolutely no need to sing Hello, Hello. So just don’t song it, it’s quite simple. There’s genuinely no good or respectable reason that can be given to have it sung. It was loud and clear which version was being sung. You’re not going to get 2,000 fans, for lack of a better term, singing from the same hymn sheet. So to avoid the nonsense, just don’t sing it. The only orange stupidity should’ve come from the home seats and strips at Tannadice yesterday.

So next time someone next to you starts singing Hello, Hello - carry on the rest of the song by changing it into Lionel Richie’s “Hello”. “Hello! Hello! …is it me you’re looking for! I can see it in your eyes…”

sandylejambo

if this song was about being up to our necks in Jewish or Islamic blood, people would quite rightly be hunted by the police for singing this. It's not acceptable, and it does impact quite a few Hearts fans that are not Protestant, I know this for a fact, so come on lads, no more knuckle dragging eh? Jambo's first, religious intolerance, not even on the page.

David McCaig

The worst thing is that 95% of what they do is really fantastic, but FFS drop the bigotry.

My kids are 14 and 16 and would love to be part of the action, but as Catholics the Hello Hello nonsense is a huge barrier.

No Idle Talk
14 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Can we just pack this in please?! Horrible horrible song 😠

Agreed. The one black spot about yesterday waa hearing Hearts fans sing that. We're not Huns so let's stop acting like Huns.

Edited by No Idle Talk

1 hour ago, sassenach said:

I've heard versions of this song for years in England.  The Middlesbrough version goes back to the 1960s, and has absolutely no religious or sectarian overtones.  Sectarianism never once crossed my mind during my years of attending Ayresome Park.

Outside of the Cheeks, I didn't even know about the wider sectarian aspects of Scottish football and society in general until I became interested in Hearts in about 2008-2009.  Scotland really does seem a strange place sometimes 

Indeed. John Knox has a lot to answer for. 😄

No Idle Talk

Just finished reading this thread. Deary me. One person in particular has had an absolute nightmare here. 😳

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

The worst thing is that 95% of what they do is really fantastic, but FFS drop the bigotry.

My kids are 14 and 16 and would love to be part of the action, but as Catholics the Hello Hello nonsense is a huge barrier.

For this post alone it should be stopped, David.

Hearts have a number of RC supporters and in no way should they ever feel unwelcome or in any way disconnected because of a song or the strange views of a minority.

In the past I've advocated the song myself on here, with lyric alterations, but that, realistically, wouldn't be adhered to.

It has to go.

I just wish to feck Hearts fans would stop whining about Hearts fans. We made plenty of noise yesterday. Even United fans (didn't think they had anything in their repertoire apart from "United") made a bit of noise. Yes agreed"Hullo, Hullo" is not that appropriate in this day & age, but it is one that gets everyone going. Also if you're going to complain about chanting, why are we singing the European Song when we aren't in Europe this season? We got the hibbies in a couple of weeks so let's get all onside together and stock up on booze for when we wipe the smile from their faces on 12/9/21 HHGH

Easy to blame young silly lads singing the song. The reality is it's actually a huge part of our support and people just don't want to admit that.

• davemclaren locked this topic