Hello Hello

WDJ87

Can we just pack this in please?! Horrible horrible song 😠

although I did enjoy the irony of the same people singing it applauding and cheering McEneff when he came out to warm up.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Paninaro Hearts

• PortyBeach

• Hmfc1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TyphoonJambo

It's not a horrible song. It's roots are.  Sung with gusto,with the correct lyrics It's inspirational and easy to sing. However,it's tainted by bigotry so us well meaning jambos can't even sing the non religious version,shame.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's good we've got such a diverse group of players.

Spot on, and long may it continue. But singing that song is a no no.

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Both our goalscorers blessed themselves too. 😁

I don't care whether they crossed themselves or blessed Allah, who gives a flying proverbial?

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

It's not a horrible song. It's roots are.  Sung with gusto,with the correct lyrics It's inspirational and easy to sing. However,it's tainted by bigotry so us well meaning jambos can't even sing the non religious version,shame.

Unfortunately our fans were singing the religious version though. 

13 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Unfortunately our fans were singing the religious version though. 

There was as I stated earlier a lot of the ex Gorgie Boys there theyve broken up into a less diverse range of iqs from what I hear

1 minute ago, sadj said:

There was as I stated earlier a lot of the ex Gorgie Boys there theyve broken up into a less diverse range of iqs from what I hear

Yeah, it's a difficult thing to eradicate completely. You're always going to get a group of young lads who keep on singing it.

Just now, innerjambo said:

Yeah, it's a difficult thing to eradicate completely. You're always going to get a group of young lads who keep on singing it.

Indeed , that aside support today was awesome and the players responded after the game too

I'm a practicing RC and I can honestly say it doesn't bother me at all. However I wouldn't want the club to be made an example of by the authorities, who would rather pick on us rather than the Glasgow bigot brothers. 

If the Scottish football big cheeses ever grow a pair and decide to deduct points for certain songs it will be us that get hammered. Absolutely guaranteed.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed , that aside support today was awesome and the players responded after the game too

Very vocal, the players were loving it...... HHGH

2 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

practicing RC

I think it should bother you mate. Why should you have to put up with this crap?

If it was against Jews or blacks etc we would be in serious trouble.

Because it’s good old Scotland and it’s been going on for generations it seems to be ok then.

Ainsley Harriott

We're up to our knees in Anderson money and we have nice pies, we are the gorgeous gorgie boys. Think that could catch on?

54 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

although I did enjoy the irony of the same people singing it applauding and cheering McEneff when he came out to warm up.

If singing "out to beat you every time, surrender or you'll die"...please explain issue to me of the song??

I’m with Libertarian. I’m RC but been non practicing for a while.

I’ve been going to Tynecastle since 1979 and Hello Hello has been on the song sheet since then.

Ive heard it so many times that it really doesn’t me. Most of the kids that sing it, are just kids with zero idea. I don’t think most of them go to the lodge or conspire to kill Catholics. To them it’s a football song to wind people up.

Should it be sung, no but does it bother me being dung, no. Religion is unfortunately part of the fabric of Scottish society and social upbringing. 

AlphonseCapone
53 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

46 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

It would be ok if it was exclusively hibee blood but it's not

Exactly but the majority of folk do use the fenian word, not hibee, it's as clear as day despite claims otherwise from those with an agenda. 

SomethingAboutObua

Bin it, don't know why we need to sing any version of it? Literally thousands of football songs and folk want us to copy the one most associated with the worst parts of the Rangers support

Used to always be a chant after a goal in the 80's and 90's, you can hear it on some YouTube clips, then was banned in the noughties, this has made a comeback, don't know why, used to be blamed alot on our younger support but at  2019 cup final it was sang and was loud, think alot of our supporters all ages were involved, maybe a song that should have been left in 80's and 90's,but until banned and a trip to fester Road coming up think we'll be hearing it for some time soon

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

If singing "out to beat you every time, surrender or you'll die"...please explain issue to me of the song??

The point is that isn't sung, ever.

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I’ve been going to Tynecastle since 1979 and Hello Hello has been on the song sheet since then.

Ive heard it so many times that it really doesn’t me. Most of the kids that sing it, are just kids with zero idea. I don’t think most of them go to the lodge or conspire to kill Catholics. To them it’s a football song to wind people up.

Should it be sung, no but does it bother me being dung, no. Religion is unfortunately part of the fabric of Scottish society and social upbringing. 

Same. 

7 minutes ago, J80MBO said:
1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Your on the wind up mate.

Don’t embarrass yourself.

Spot on post. It seems to be that part of going to any away game is to listen to this obnoxious dross. Support were great today in terms of noise but that song has no place in the repertoire, neither had "No Surrender Michael Smith". We had to put up with the young team all round bellowing this crap then cheering players who are the target of their bile. They clearly haven't a clue what they are singing but enjoy the attention. Pity they don't realise they are irritating fellow fans who have to put up with it just to watch the team. Although the club would say they have no control over away matches, I still feel a clear statement should be made, specifying the objectionable words/phrases.

18 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Thats not what was sung by some though which is the issue 🙈

Savage Vince
1 minute ago, bigcheuk said:

Spot on post. It seems to be that part of going to any away game is to listen to this obnoxious dross. Support were great today in terms of noise but that song has no place in the repertoire, neither had "No Surrender Michael Smith". We had to put up with the young team all round bellowing this crap then cheering players who are the target of their bile. They clearly haven't a clue what they are singing but enjoy the attention. Pity they don't realise they are irritating fellow fans who have to put up with it just to watch the team. Although the club would say they have no control over away matches, I still feel a clear statement should be made, specifying the objectionable words/phrases.

Good post. 'No Surrender Michael Smith' is a chronic chant. They really are tedious bellends. 

18 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Is that not like saying racism is at the core of American Society so its all good. 

14 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The point is that isn't sung, ever.

Thats about as realistic as me saying its 

Hullo Hullo we are the Gorgie Boys

Hullo Hullo you’ll know us by our noise

On Saturdays you’ll hear us cry frae Gorgie til Dalry

When we go Marchin’ thru Gorgie!!!

“Hello hello …..

….. we’ll beat the hibees any day as sure as I’m alive …”

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Stupid Sexy Flanders

It's embarrassing. That one, the "NS Michael Smith", "I was born under a union flag" etc. What a red neck. 

lost in space

I thought this thread was going to be a thread about Daniel Stendel's new team song - 

"Hello, hello, we are the Nancy boys......." 

No????

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Thickos

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

I thought this thread was going to be a thread about Daniel Stendel's new team song - 

"Hello, hello, we are the Nancy boys , were bottom of the league......." 

No????

Ftfy

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

A part of society that becomes less important every week thankfully. 

south morocco

Watched the stream.Our fans were brilliant today and were very loud.

I was surprised to hear this old song. I think it’s slowly getting phased out and quite rightly so. No place

for it and irrelevant. The carnival de Paris was far more effective.

33 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

The issue is that wasn't what they were singing.

Is this potentially a new song thread...

:kirk:

Hello, Hello

We are the Gorgie boys

Hello, Hello

You'll know us by our noise

We batter foxes, shit in socks

McCabe grass, bursds and pies

For we are the famous Gorgie boys

south morocco

Whatever words are sung to hello hello are irrelevant these days. It’s outdated and people will relate it to sectarianism, it’s just the way it is. Better dropped altogether..

15 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

It's embarrassing. That one, the "NS Michael Smith", "I was born under a union flag" etc. What a red neck. 

Under a union jack another song we sang in the 80's and 90s and probably sang today by some of the older generation and not just the young team, sorry until these songs are all banned again by scottish government there will always be an element in our support who will sing them, personally not for me,but like i said earlier the leith tramps coming up sure to get the full repertoire of the 80's and 90's songbook

The Hogfather

It’s something I used to sing, but grew out of. I imagine that’ll be the case for most of the young lads who sang it today too. 

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

I am 34 and I have never heard this version. Until this thread I didn't even know it existed 🤷

Tokyo Drifter
10 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Watched the stream.Our fans were brilliant today and were very loud.

I was surprised to hear this old song. I think it’s slowly getting phased out and quite rightly so. No place

for it and irrelevant. The carnival de Paris was far more effective.

Comes and goes. Didn't hear it for years then it popped up at the AEK Athens game (Murrayfield, CL qualifier for those with short memories). On and off for a few years after that. I've been a season ticket holder since about 2012 and don't remember hearing it at all at Tynie in that period, even when we put four past Celtic (hello Harry Cochrane!). Hard to understand why it's back, though frankly I think the world has bigger things to worry about at the moment.

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Its a great song and  I don’t think there is a bigoted word in it it references hibs ? Hearts fans have sunny since the seventies when I started going  why change now 

I must be getting old, I love when we beat hibs but I don’t want to be up to my knees in anyone’s blood at the end of the day it’s a game of football. 
This topic won’t go away any time soon while people accept changing one word makes it acceptable.

• davemclaren locked this topic