Hello Hello

WDJ87

6 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Comes and goes. Didn't hear it for years then it popped up at the AEK Athens game (Murrayfield, CL qualifier for those with short memories). On and off for a few years after that. I've been a season ticket holder since about 2012 and don't remember hearing it at all at Tynie in that period, even when we put four past Celtic (hello Harry Cochrane!). Hard to understand why it's back, though frankly I think the world has bigger things to worry about at the moment.

You obviously don’t go to away games it’s never gone away.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Paninaro Hearts

• PortyBeach

• Hmfc1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stupid Sexy Flanders
9 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

Under a union jack another song we sang in the 80's and 90s and probably sang today by some of the older generation and not just the young team, sorry until these songs are all banned again by scottish government there will always be an element in our support who will sing them, personally not for me,but like i said earlier the leith tramps coming up sure to get the full repertoire of the 80's and 90's songbook

And it will continue to be an utter beamer. They're trying to bam up opposition fans who just think they're laughable idiots, while their fellow Hearts supporters are embarrassed by them. 

It's a shame, because that was a sizeable crowd there today, if they just stuck to Hearts songs and modified pop tunes (like the Benny Woodburn one), it would be brilliant. 

south morocco
1 minute ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Comes and goes. Didn't hear it for years then it popped up at the AEK Athens game (Murrayfield, CL qualifier for those with short memories). On and off for a few years after that. I've been a season ticket holder since about 2012 and don't remember hearing it at all at Tynie in that period, even when we put four past Celtic (hello Harry Cochrane!). Hard to understand why it's back, though frankly I think the world has bigger things to worry about at the moment.

I’m an older fan now I suppose, been going as a kid since the mid 70s. The song, even in its original form doesn’t really bother me personally, but I can see how nowadays it’s not relevant really.

SomethingAboutObua

Would anyone make a poll on this? Something like

Bin completely 

Keep on singing it

A lot of cringe at how desperate people are to keep singing it, I'm wondering what the actual thoughts are on it overall. Changing words doesn't make much difference, it's still hullo hullo and associated with Rangers and sectarianism, binning it is surely the only route 

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

I don't care whether they crossed themselves or blessed Allah, who gives a flying proverbial?

Exactly I feel sometimes Scotland must be the only country living with this in football who actually cares it’s 2021 not the 70s and 80s and even at that there was no need back then. 

Just embarrassing and no need for it . 

south morocco
3 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Bin completely 

Keep on singing it

A lot of cringe at how desperate people are to keep singing it, I'm wondering what the actual thoughts are on it overall. Changing words doesn't make much difference, it's still hullo hullo and associated with Rangers and sectarianism, binning it is surely the only route 

I think you should poll it. I would bin it. 

SomethingAboutObua
1 minute ago, south morocco said:

I think you should poll it. I would bin it. 

No clue how mate, took me a couple of years just to find out the mute button existed on here. Hopefully someone can get one up though

south morocco
Just now, invernessjt said:

More upset to hear us copying Hibs with the Dario G chant.

😂😂😂

south morocco
9 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

No clue how mate, took me a couple of years just to find out the mute button existed on here. Hopefully someone can get one up though

I don’t know either mate sorry 

12 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

And it will continue to be an utter beamer. They're trying to bam up opposition fans who just think they're laughable idiots, while their fellow Hearts supporters are embarrassed by them. 

It's a shame, because that was a sizeable crowd there today, if they just stuck to Hearts songs and modified pop tunes (like the Benny Woodburn one), it would be brilliant. 

Agree, but every team has their laughable idiots, until the government has the b###s to reintroduce the banning of certain songs, not all sectarian, hibs skacel song amongst others,which can be taken as racist(refugee) then normal supporters of their clubs will have to put up with these supposed songs, frankly it's football and football fans will do whatever it takes to wind up the opposition, sorry but the morally correct world doesn't exist within football whether you or I agree or not, 

Will singing up to our knees in diet huns be excepted by the young team or any other dafty?

Maybe we should do this every time they start with their nonsense.

Absolute tune, just change the Billy boys bit. Hampden was rocking to hello hello when edwards put us 1 up a few years back. 

Man United have sang a version for years no problems. 

31 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

Classic song and sang with gusto today!!

Careful, your mask is slipping already.

Can anyone explain the relevance to Hearts of:

1 the reference to Fenian

2 the direct lift of words from Derry's Walls

Nothing to do with Hearts.

Nothing at all 

Just bin it.

2 hours ago, Rizla said:

If the Scottish football big cheeses ever grow a pair and decide to deduct points for certain songs it will be us that get hammered. Absolutely guaranteed.

Nah

1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Bin completely 

Keep on singing it

Not sure but do Dundee Killie or other teams sing it?

Firstly, the ‘22 22 undefeated’ song was absolutely brilliant today and needs sung loud and proud in the Derby.

Agree with most decent Jambos that ‘Hello Hello’ should be completely binned, Absolutely awful song.

3 hours ago, Libertarian said:

I'm a practicing RC and I can honestly say it doesn't bother me at all. However I wouldn't want the club to be made an example of by the authorities, who would rather pick on us rather than the Glasgow bigot brothers. 

As others have said, it can be a rousing football song. Manchester United fans for example sing (or used to) about being “Busby Boys”.

Alas, in Scotland, it will always be a refrain associated with Ibrox and therefore with Billy Fullerton (Klan member, I think) and his anti-Catholic street  gang.
Even without any reference to “Billy”, any set of Scottish footie fans singing this ditty will risk being tainted with the Ibrox Underclass.

Best avoided - unless of course you really are a “Hun without the bus fare”…

3 hours ago, south morocco said:

Watched the stream.Our fans were brilliant today and were very loud.

I was surprised to hear this old song. I think it’s slowly getting phased out and quite rightly so. No place

for it and irrelevant. The carnival de Paris was far more effective.

Carnival de Paris is bloody boring and repetitive and a sing also sung by our neighbours 😴

Paninaro Hearts

I was in Tallinn few years back with Hearts… maybe 500 tops… first minute hello hello sang by the 500… seemingly we are not hearts fans but paid a grand to get there??? Are we not the proper fans?? Just asking for a friend?

Paninaro Hearts

Il find free footage if you want me to if I’m told I’m not a proper hearts fan?? Sure I can find the same footage from Madrid, Stuttgart, Bordeaux, Braga, Mostar, Zagreb etc.. but seemingly not a true hearts fan… night night

Paninaro Hearts

It’s nothing to do with Billy Fullorton now… it’s sang to get the crowd/team going… if It offends you then go and be offended but football is for the boys not the soft.. go to the theatre with your wife on a Saturday if that offends you… feckin blouses

Paninaro Hearts

Kick on the young team that keep it going… my laddies first away game today and loves the song… loud and proud… come on the sons of gorgie 

11 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Carnival de Paris is bloody boring and repetitive and a sing also sung by our neighbours 😴

Pretty sure we used that long before Hibs ever did...like way back in 98.

4 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

It’s nothing to do with Billy Fullorton now… it’s sang to get the crowd/team going… if It offends you then go and be offended but football is for the boys not the soft.. go to the theatre with your wife on a Saturday if that offends you… feckin blouses

3a7.jpg

Paninaro Hearts

I’m Protestant but if I want catholic at a game of football the last thing I’d be would be offended by a song… feck off… it’s football not feckin soft play

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

People need to stop trying to be offended… it’s a feckin song… move on

Correct , many are easily offended on here,   song ffs, it's not hurting anyone , it's been sung for over 50 year ??? More offensive shite on TV,     

Paninaro Hearts

So 3000 hearts fans and half sing hello hello…but not true hearts fans… wait for it??? They are not true fans?? Night night 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a penalty miss. 

So 3000 hearts fans and half sing hello hello…but not true hearts fans… wait for it??? They are not true fans?? Night night 

Aye, goodnight daftie. Might find a brain cell in the morning 

Hectormasson

Whole support in bordeaux that night sang it , numerous times before during and after the game ....

Paninaro Hearts
Just now, Baxfee said:

Aye, goodnight daftie. Might find a brain cell in the morning 

Plenty cells wee man.. just not going to start a thread on a song that has and will get sang for years before we pass.. sleep tight

Paninaro Hearts
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Whole support in bordeaux that night sang it , numerous times before during and after the game ....

But we are not hearts fans?? Great night… hello, hello

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

I’m Protestant but if I want catholic at a game of football the last thing I’d be would be offended by a song… feck off… it’s football not feckin soft play

Exactly mate, I love singing about being up to my knees in proddie blood, all a bit of fun at the end of the day eh. 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

Plenty cells wee man.. just not going to start a thread on a song that has and will get sang for years before we pass.. sleep tight

Just go to bed FFS

Paninaro Hearts
1 minute ago, Barack said:

You've said that twice. Go to your bed then & stop dribbling, & making it an attack on you, or whatever mental frenzy you've whipped yourself into, ya maddo. 

Jesus wept. :lol:

Night Barack… see you at the next game?? Come on the sons of gorgie!

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Exactly mate, I love singing about being up to my knees in proddie blood, all a bit of fun at the end of the day eh. 

Just a bit of banter between lads n that, eh.

Paninaro Hearts
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

But let’s be realistic wee man your never going to be up to yours knees in either are you so relax… it’s just a song… wee bit calpol will help you sleep

weegie jambo

We don't need this song, plenty of other good songs and why can't we make a few new ones up. Several of my friends said the trains up to Dundee were full of mini huns, we don't need them, bin the song and the mini hun crap.

Paninaro Hearts
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Aye, I'll be the one wearing the Irish flag, bud.👍🏻

You would last 2 mins but good luck!!! Nighty!!

Paninaro Hearts
Just now, weegie jambo said:

We don't need this song, plenty of other good songs and why can't we make a few new ones up. Several of my friends said the trains up to Dundee were full of mini huns, we don't need them, bin the song and the mini hun crap.

Are they not hearts fans??

Paninaro Hearts
7 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Probs the best result in our history but fans their singing that weren’t hearts fans 

I don't sing it but don't care about it. Would prefer if folk sang the hibee words though if not for less controversy than anything else.

2 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

You would last 2 mins but good luck!!! Nighty!!

Does the Irish flag offend you pal?

weegie jambo
Just now, Paninaro Hearts said:

Are they not hearts fans??

not the kind I want to be associated with, total dafties!

• davemclaren locked this topic