Hello Hello

WDJ87

It's the 21st century and some people believe that it's OK to sing a song at a football match about being up to the knees in Fenian blood?  And their rational is that "it's just a song"?

:wtf:

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Paninaro Hearts

• PortyBeach

• Hmfc1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Song has been sung for years and will be sung for years to come. Nothing anyone on here says or does will change that, doesn't bother me or the majority of fans, more important things to worry about. Bore off. 

11 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

Song has been sung for years and will be sung for years to come. Nothing anyone on here says or does will change that, doesn't bother me or the majority of fans, more important things to worry about. Bore off. 

I am astounded you hold that position 🤣🤣🤣

Itll be sung for a few more years then it will die off for a very good reason. Ill let you work out what that is…..

3 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

If that’s true, then a significant portion of the Hearts support and the wider population that views the club with some affection might wonder if their allegiance/respect has been misplaced.

Hopefully your contention is wide of the mark.

The proof is in the video. Is it just a few young lad? No, it's pretty much our whole support singing it.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, sadj said:

@Pasquale for King “the you wont tell me what to do crowd” arent you king of them pal? Maybe you can have a quiet word 😝

Wouldn’t lower myself to even boo when they start their pish, section N&P went silent last week when I bellowed to Madden that he was a useless Hun ***** 😆.

been here before
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

It looks like 'Stone Island' has competition:-

Screenshot_20210829-152936_Google.jpg

Polyester gear from JD Sports :rofl:

How the other half live.

22 minutes ago, sadj said:

I am astounded you hold that position 🤣🤣🤣

Itll be sung for a few more years then it will die off for a very good reason. Ill let you work out what that is…..

🤣🤣 aye OK, and someone never said that 20 years ago. 

31 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

Idiot. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Keep the tune.  Change the words.  The tune itself seems popular in other countries.

Any words to that tune are banned by the footballing authorities in Northern Ireland.

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wouldn’t lower myself to even boo when they start their pish, section N&P went silent last week when I bellowed to Madden that he was a useless Hun *****

You leave section N alone!!! P though do as you must….

21 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

🤣🤣 aye OK, and someone never said that 20 years ago. 

Incase you hadn’t noticed things have changed dramatically the last twenty years…. Not to acknowledge that , that in of itself will lead to the eventual eradication of these songs or the ostracisation of the singers is living in a fantasy land. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

Great song as long as its Hibee Blood.

Yeah that makes such a difference 🙈

8 minutes ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

Great song as long as its Hibee Blood.

And the last line would be .... ?

3 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

And the last line would be .... ?

We own your and yer sisters arses?

1 hour ago, Bringitbak said:

That's a bold claim.  At the risk of boring you further, how do you know that the majority of Hearts fans feel that way?

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

That's a bold claim.  At the risk of boring you further, how do you know that the majority of Hearts fans feel that way?

A good gauge is the fact the majority of fans were joining in yesterday 

Jamstomorrow
36 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Any words to that tune are banned by the footballing authorities in Northern Ireland.

Marching thro' Georgia seemed popular towards the end of the American Civil War.  

An appalling song sung by half wits. Can’t reason with them cos they don’t know sh** and they have no idea what they’re spraffing on about. Just an embarrassment to genuine hearts fans 

Jeffros Furios
29 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Marching thro' Georgia seemed popular towards the end of the American Civil War.  

Sherman torched his way through Georgia .

Jamstomorrow
7 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Torched all the way?     Must have used Duracell.

1 hour ago, jb66 said:

A good gauge is the fact the majority of fans were joining in yesterday 

And yet the song has more or less disappeared at Tynecastle. When it is sung, it dies out before the naughty lines are reached.

And nobody who sings it can explain what the words mean.

Why Fenians?

Why sing a line taken (inaccurately but recognisably) from Derry's Walls?

What is a Billy Boy?

The correct and only answer is that this is a Rangers song, and the Hearts singers are trying to be mini-gers. 

But none of these brave singers will man up and speak the plain truth. Cowards all 

Edited by 4marsbars
Typo

This is surely a question of respect and tolerance for others.
I’d like to think most if not all of us would aspire to a modern, enlightened, internationalist, and tolerant Scotland which values decency and inclusiveness.

It’s not enough to say you’re not bothered or offended by this. The point is that songs with words which have the potential to alienate and divide, to offend others, should not be given an airing.

As such, there should be no room for a song like the “Billy Boys” which owes its existence to an intolerant, supremacist mindset emanating from Northern Ireland and which finds expression every match day at Ibrox.

Of course, if that’s your thing then who am I to argue? I just don’t think you should tarnish the good name of HMFC in the process. Ibrox beckons.

Francis Albert
58 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

But the tune has no relevance to sectarianism or anything else in Scotland today. The tune to Billy Boys definitely does.

weekend offender
8 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I’d like to think most if not all of us would aspire to a modern, enlightened, internationalist, and tolerant Scotland which values decency and inclusiveness.

It’s not enough to say you’re not bothered or offended by this. The point is that songs with words which have the potential to alienate and divide, to offend others, should not be given an airing.

As such, there should be no room for a song like the “Billy Boys” which owes its existence to an intolerant, supremacist mindset emanating from Northern Ireland and which finds expression every match day at Ibrox.

Of course, if that’s your thing then who am I to argue? I just don’t think you should tarnish the good name of HMFC in the process. Ibrox beckons.

Respect and tolerance at a football match🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

An appalling song sung by half wits. Can’t reason with them cos they don’t know sh** and they have no idea what they’re spraffing on about. Just an embarrassment to genuine hearts fans 

Spot on  

cretins. 

6 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Great song and will continue to be sung.

Only folk I seen booing yesterday was a fat ginger plooky guy at the game with his mum.

Hello Hello we are the Gorgie Boys!!!!!!

That says it all, makes you realise it's pointless trying to reason with such ignorant opinions

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

We have stopped throwing bananas at black players. No-one is suggesting we must act like angels. 

Edited by Francis Albert

36 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We have stopped throwing bananas at black players. No-one is suggesting we must act like angels. 

But on the eve of us becoming fan-owned it would be good if at least one of the singers could explain to us, the new owners, what the benefits of sectarianism are, and why Hearts should have a sectarian future. Because, apparently, that's what the real fans want to be up to their knees in.

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

But on the eve of us becoming fan-owned it would be good if at least one of the singers could explain to us, the new owners, what the benefits of sectarianism are, and why Hearts should have a sectarian future. Because, apparently, that's what the real fans want to be up to their knees in.

Agreed. I was not meaning to suggest we should not reject sectarianism or racism. Just that being angels was too much of a stretch for a football crowd. Hello Hello will mot stop until it is met with resounding boos and drowned out by the majority. That hasn't happened yet.

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, Bringitbak said:

Songs in similarity to sticks & stones, none of them bother me, ,more important things going on, footballs always gonny have them   whether some of us don't like it or do, let's just enjoy the football, & join in if we want   or  ignore it?

On 28/08/2021 at 19:04, J80MBO said:

If singing "out to beat you every time, surrender or you'll die"...please explain issue to me of the song??

This is exactly what I sing because it's what I heard growing up. The bigoted version is of course there and the scum element of our support lap it up. 

The song itself doesn't "bother" or offend me.

The fact that the song being sung could besmirch the reputation of our club infuriates me.

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

This is exactly what I sing because it's what I heard growing up. The bigoted version is of course there and the scum element of our support lap it up. 

Out to beat you every time? Really?  Never heard that in over 50 years home or away? 

Savage Vince
5 hours ago, Bringitbak said:

It's hardly sung at all at Tynecastle nowadays. Occasionally v Celtic and the reaction from a lot of supporters inside the stadium would suggest you're wrong. 

Edited by Savage Vince

2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

The Billy boys isn't about King Billy as many people think.  The Billy referred to in the song is gang leader Billy Fullerton from Bridgeton in Glasgow.

1 hour ago, weekend offender said:

Yes. In this context, respect and tolerance for fellow Hearts fans who might find anti-Catholic songs offensive and divisive.

Now I’ve explained that, do you still find it amusing?

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, Firefox said:

The Billy boys isn't about King Billy as many people think.  The Billy referred to in the song is gang leader Billy Fullerton from Bridgeton in Glasgow.

Yes we know. Sorry didn't intend to be so patronising

But the gang was notoriously sectarian as in antiCatholic. Which is why the song is objectionable.

Edited by Francis Albert

9 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Yes, I mentioned this in an earlier post.
My point here is that (a) the adoption of Fullerton as the “hero” in the song relates to approval by the Ibrox support of his anti-Catholic gangsterism, and, (b) that this “approval” is rooted in their N.I.-inspired Protestant supremacist mindset.

As you say, nowt to do with “King Billy”.

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Up to his knees in Confederate blood?

Jeffros Furios
Just now, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Up to his knees in Confederate blood?

He was certainly brutal but he did get a tank named after him .

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Agreed. I was not meaning to suggest we should not reject sectarianism or racism. Just that being angels was too much of a stretch for a football crowd. Hello Hello will mot stop until it is met with resounding boos and drowned out by the majority. That hasn't happened yet.

Sorry. I wasn't disagreeing with you, trying to build on what you wrote.

58 minutes ago, Glottis said:

The song itself doesn't "bother" or offend me.

The fact that the song being sung could besmirch the reputation of our club infuriates me.

Exactly this. No matter what lyrics are sung (and frankly I have never heard the supposedly OK version), it’s an anti-Catholic Rangers song, and the minute anyone outside the Hearts community hears it, that’s all they are going to hear.

I have never been able to understand why there are so many people who make excuses for it. Why would any Hearts supporter want to associate our club with Sevco, or the sectarian hatred they go in for? Just let the song die. No good will ever come from singing it. We’re not mini-Huns. We’re better than that, but this bloody song makes it child’s play for others to paint us as if we are.

Fly the Saltire
8 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Exactly this. No matter what lyrics are sung (and frankly I have never heard the supposedly OK version), it’s an anti-Catholic Rangers song, and the minute anyone outside the Hearts community hears it, that’s all they are going to hear.

I have never been able to understand why there are so many people who make excuses for it. Why would any Hearts supporter want to associate our club with Sevco, or the sectarian hatred they go in for? Just let the song die. No good will ever come from singing it. We’re not mini-Huns. We’re better than that, but this bloody song makes it child’s play for others to paint us as if we are.

Those who sing any version are letting the club down and it is a regular song at all away games. Time to stamp it out and move into the 21st century.

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Sorry. I wasn't disagreeing with you, trying to build on what you wrote.

Sorry. I saw that after I replied.

Cruickie's Moustache

As many others have said the song and the lyrics are wholly synonymous Rangers / T'Rangers.

Even with a change of lyrics its at best Killie's song.

Why would any Hearts fans want to sing another clubs song.

We have plenty of our own songs that are more clever, more humourous.

No need for such dum****ery.

If that's you bag then buy a season ticket for Castle Greyskull and away lie in your own pish and let the rest of us enjoy living in the 21st century!

Simples.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Out to beat you every time? Really?  Never heard that in over 50 years home or away? 

Ditto , not once.

The White Cockade
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Exactly 

Thats because it’s an anti Catholic sing not a football song 

which is why most of us have an issue with it

• davemclaren locked this topic