Hello Hello

WDJ87

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hopefully child services will be involved, before your children are subjected to your views and they can be sheltered from your bigoted & racist ideology.

Probably too late already, sadly.  

I understand your sentiment, but he/she in a democratic society can put their beliefs onto their children, sadly.

You just hope that the children see through the parent and realise what an idiot they are.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Paninaro Hearts

• PortyBeach

• Hmfc1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Boab said:

You are but going on what the old bill are saying after some Sevco followers were, allegedly, singing yesterday…it’s a risky business. Some of those daft boys will be getting their collars felt in the near future.

Good luck. 👍

I hope so. As a Unionist these lowlife's damage the institution and taint it with their Scotland Shame hate. 

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hopefully child services will be involved, before your children are subjected to your views and they can be sheltered from your bigoted & racist ideology.

Probably too late already, sadly.  

I dunno. My laddie really enjoyed his second birthday party.

image.png.f8be7cc6fe9f96987e29e1fbae854054.png

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You’re surely not advocating being a racist? 

🤷‍♂️

132goals1958
25 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

It's my life. I'll live it how I see fit. 

True but if you really stop to think about it, you are not only disrespecting others you are disrespecting yourself

Nelly Terraces
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

🤷‍♂️

:lol: Superb.

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Barack said:

I like that guy's handbag.

:sadrobbo:

Good shout.

It has a house brick in it for coshing Catholics, Zionists, and dark skinned folks.

Stylish and functional.

:sadrobbo:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

51 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

As a complete **** by the sounds of it.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

What have Zionists ever done to you?🥺

They're the occupational government.

Folk getting their knickers in a twist over Soros and Gates are overlooking the real enemy. 

:seething:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:
Everyone will recall when @HumzaYousaf criticised those screaming sectarian abuse during various Remembrance Sunday silences, or when fans hung effigies of rival supporters at a football stadium or when pro IRA songs are sung routinely at Celtic away games. Right?? 🤔

Sadly there's at least one racist git on Social media dragging our name through the mud with a classic bit of  bigoted  Whitabootery.

Not defending singing of hello hello, but I see nothing wrong with pointing out the double standards of this government.

not once have I seen and public criticism when those mongrels sing about a group who deliberately and happily murdered innocent people of all ages, sexes and faiths.

in order to have any credibility at all you have to be entirely impartial.  It’s not “whataboutery” at all. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not defending singing of hello hello, but I see nothing wrong with pointing out the double standards of this government.

not once have I seen and public criticism when those mongrels sing about a group who deliberately and happily murdered innocent people of all ages, sexes and faiths.

in order to have any credibility at all you have to be entirely impartial.  It’s not “whataboutery” at all. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/ooh-ah-ra-football-chant-outlawed-crown-2512685

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-disown-rebel-fans-chief-963006

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2061173/Police-warn-Celtic-fans-IRA-chants.html

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/celtic/celtic-fans-blast-clowns-after-absolutely-vile-ira-death-song-aimed-at-brendan-rodgers-37865426.html

maroonlegions
57 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Aye , while denying  others to live theirs because of their race, colour and religion  .

Not very bright are you...

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

thanks for proving my point.  Where is the criticism from our tinpot government and their tinpot MSP’s? 

I actually seen graffiti which said “love Celtic hate racism” yet they are some of the most intolerant / bigoted people of earth.  It’s an absolute joke. 

And btw - and we all know why.  Don’t want to offend their core vote do they

Edited by kingantti1874

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Not very bright are you...

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

thanks for proving my point.  Where is the criticism from our tinpot government and their tinpot MSP’s? 

First link:

"A Crown Office spokesman said: “The singing of offensive songs, of any kind, will not be tolerated and the perpetrators of any incidents of this nature will be dealt with robustly by the prosecution service. “Where the song is religiously prejudiced, the relevant aggravation will be libelled."

2nd link:

"And a wide range of bodies, including the Scottish Government, slammed the Glasgow University lecturer's views as being out of touch and out of date."

3rd link:

"We had a meeting at the Scottish Parliament regarding the new  legislation recently and the fans were there. They all agreed we need to get rid of the sectarian stuff. And the bigotry."

Also...

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/12853615.celtic-hit-back-in-row-over-ira-songs/

A Scottish Government spokeswoman said: "These repugnant views have no place in a modern, forward-thinking Scotland."

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You’ve raised an interesting point.
Clearly, certain songs with certain words, with certain sentiments, extolling the virtues of certain individuals and/or groups, have the capability to offend and divide.

There’s no doubt certain songs from the Celtic fans’ repertoire have this effect on many Hearts fans.

If we can accept that this can and does happen, why is it seemingly so difficult for some of the same Hearts fans to admit to the fact that their singing of the “Billy Boys” will equally be viewed as offensive and divisive?

Just now, PortyBeach said:

Clearly, certain songs with certain words, with certain sentiments, extolling the virtues of certain individuals and/or groups, have the capability to offend and divide.

There’s no doubt certain songs from the Celtic fans’ repertoire have this effect on many Hearts fans.

If we can accept that this can and does happen, why is it seemingly so difficult for some of the same Hearts fans to admit to the fact that their singing of the “Billy Boys” will equally be viewed as offensive and divisive?

They know full well it is offensive and divisive, that's exactly why they sing it.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

I proud to be a racist. Last time I checked it was labeled politically incorrect. Going up in the world then! 

I was having a debate with myself, as to what was the larger, your IQ or shoe size. I opted for your shoe size.

24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I actually seen graffiti which said “love Celtic hate racism” yet they are some of the most intolerant / bigoted people of earth.  It’s an absolute joke. 

And btw - and we all know why.  Don’t want to offend their core vote do they

Did you not bother to read the links provided?

Why is this dong only really sung at away games?   You think with it being the rousing anthem it's supposed to be, it would be regularly getting sung at every game.  

Every Hearts fan knows the hun connotations, but a small minority would rather keep singing or rather than respect their own club and fans.

Baffled at why some are obsessed with maintaining this type of mini old firm shite. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

🤷‍♂️

They all look the same.  

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

no idea, has no place in a modern society.  But the point has to be made equally otherwise all it does is provoke one side or the other.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Did you not bother to read the links provided?

I did.  I was especially concerned at Jeanette Findlay’s comments which proved my point perfectly.

The views of this government have been made clear through their actions, words and lack of words time and time again. 

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

First link:

"A Crown Office spokesman said: “The singing of offensive songs, of any kind, will not be tolerated and the perpetrators of any incidents of this nature will be dealt with robustly by the prosecution service. “Where the song is religiously prejudiced, the relevant aggravation will be libelled."

2nd link:

"And a wide range of bodies, including the Scottish Government, slammed the Glasgow University lecturer's views as being out of touch and out of date."

3rd link:

"We had a meeting at the Scottish Parliament regarding the new  legislation recently and the fans were there. They all agreed we need to get rid of the sectarian stuff. And the bigotry."

Also...

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/12853615.celtic-hit-back-in-row-over-ira-songs/

A Scottish Government spokeswoman said: "These repugnant views have no place in a modern, forward-thinking Scotland."

2nd article

Findlay replied: "I take a different view from you on the so-called pro-terrorist songs that you've just outlined.

"I have tried to explain about the nature of Celtic as a club. It was founded to help the poor Irish immigrants to Scotland.

"Although it has never been an exclusive club, many of the support are descendants of those people.

"They may take a particular view on the history of what happened in Ireland which is different from many other people, so I don't call those pro-terrorist songs.

i know you are a nationalist and will defend them to the hilt, but there aren’t enough articles or earth will convince me they deal with this issue on anything like an even handed way.  You know this to be true so put your politics aside and admit the truth.

they will not ever alienate in any way their core vote. 

Edited by kingantti1874

21 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Restonbabe must have been really conflicted about celebrating our 2nd goal at the weekend. 

:turmoil:

And the first 🤷🏻‍♂️

35 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Why is this dong only really sung at away games?   You think with it being the rousing anthem it's supposed to be, it would be regularly getting sung at every game.  

Every Hearts fan knows the hun connotations, but a small minority would rather keep singing or rather than respect their own club and fans.

Baffled at why some are obsessed with maintaining this type of mini old firm shite. 

It was sung against Aberdeen. 

SomethingAboutObua
3 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Why?

Liam Boyce is an Irish Catholic himself, the poster they're talking about is publicly confirming themselves as a racist in the thread and is in favour of singing hullo hullo 

Edited by SomethingAboutObua

1 minute ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Liam Boyce is an Irish Catholic himself, the poster they're talking about is publicly confirming themselves as a racist in the thread and is in favour of singing hullo hullo 

I've not read all the thread but I can't imagine any Hearts fan doing that.

Singing that song doesn't change that.

4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It was sung against Aberdeen. 

Sadly, there’s a section of our support with sympathies in that direction. There’s also a bunch of brainless young supporters who doubtless sing it not because they personally hate Catholic people, but because it has an air of the illicit and forbidden about it. (There’s doubtless a lot of Celtic and Sevco supporters in the same category). 

Predictably enough, there’s a lot of people trying to stick the blame on the Scottish government. To which I can only point out that the last SNP government were the first in history ever to make an effort to prevent this sort of behaviour, with the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act. It wasn’t a perfect law by any means, but it was a start, and the first time any government in either Edinburgh or Glasgow had tried to tackle the problem overtly. What happened? They got absolutely slated for it, of course. All the other parties had a field day saying it was draconian, a huge over-reaction, and needless (because existing laws were enough). Eventually they got the Greens to agree and they all voted the law off the books. So perhaps we shouldn’t be too surprised if the current government isn’t overly keen to march back into the minefield.

12 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Indeed

15 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Why?

Explained above

10 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I've not read all the thread but I can't imagine any Hearts fan doing that.

Singing that song doesn't change that.

🙈🙈 read the thread then 🤣🤣

I see the old and tiresome 'denominational' schools argument is out to the fore again.

Edited by DETTY29

29 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

2nd article

Findlay replied: "I take a different view from you on the so-called pro-terrorist songs that you've just outlined.

"I have tried to explain about the nature of Celtic as a club. It was founded to help the poor Irish immigrants to Scotland.

"Although it has never been an exclusive club, many of the support are descendants of those people.

"They may take a particular view on the history of what happened in Ireland which is different from many other people, so I don't call those pro-terrorist songs.

i know you are a nationalist and will defend them to the hilt, but there aren’t enough articles or earth will convince me they deal with this issue on anything like an even handed way.  You know this to be true so put your politics aside and admit the truth.

Why do you suggest that those voters from an Irish and/or Catholic background form the Nats’ core vote? Any evidence?

They would surely also need substantial support from Scots voters of other persuasions to be in office. Hence the Nats’ core vote must be more pluralistic than you are suggesting. 

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Sadly, there’s a section of our support with sympathies in that direction. There’s also a bunch of brainless young supporters who doubtless sing it not because they personally hate Catholic people, but because it has an air of the illicit and forbidden about it. (There’s doubtless a lot of Celtic and Sevco supporters in the same category). 

Predictably enough, there’s a lot of people trying to stick the blame on the Scottish government. To which I can only point out that the last SNP government were the first in history ever to make an effort to prevent this sort of behaviour, with the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act. It wasn’t a perfect law by any means, but it was a start, and the first time any government in either Edinburgh or Glasgow had tried to tackle the problem overtly. What happened? They got absolutely slated for it, of course. All the other parties had a field day saying it was draconian, a huge over-reaction, and needless (because existing laws were enough). Eventually they got the Greens to agree and they all voted the law off the books. So perhaps we shouldn’t be too surprised if the current government isn’t overly keen to march back into the minefield.

I was not a fan of that Act.

Most, if not all, the problematic songs should have been covered by existing legislation if there was a will to deal with it.

You then had courts deciding certain songs weren't offensive. 

5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Good post 👍

Governor Tarkin
48 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Social distancing 2/10.

Face coverings 10/10.

:muggy:

Just now, PortyBeach said:

Why do you suggest that those voters from an Irish and/or Catholic background form the Nats’ core vote? Any evidence?

They would surely also need substantial support from Scots voters of other persuasions to be in office. Hence the Nats’ core vote must be more pluralistic than you are suggesting. 

I've never understood this argument. 

For years Catholics were less likely to vote SNP because of fears of what an independent Scotland would look like. 

That's now changed but I can't see any party forming a government based on that community as their "core vote".

Scottish nationalism has never been the same as Irish nationalism.

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I was not a fan of that Act.

Most, if not all, the problematic songs should have been covered by existing legislation if there was a will to deal with it.

You then had courts deciding certain songs weren't offensive. 

As I said, it wasn’t a great piece of law. But it was an attempt to address the issue in a higher profile way. (Much of what goes on could be seen as illegal under existing legislation, but no administration has ever tried to enforce this).

The other point is that the last time they visibly tried to do something about the problem, it was used as a stick to beat them with.

3 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

For years Catholics were less likely to vote SNP because of fears of what an independent Scotland would look like. 

That's now changed but I can't see any party forming a government based on that community as their "core vote".

Good comment 👍

Just now, Doc Rob said:

As I said, it wasn’t a great piece of law. But it was an attempt to address the issue in a higher profile way. (Much of what goes on could be seen as illegal under existing legislation, but no administration has ever tried to enforce this).

The other point is that the last time they visibly tried to do something about the problem, it was used as a stick to beat them with.

It's not the government as such it's the police and Procurator Fiscal who should be enforcing existing laws.

There's quite a contrast between their attitude to this and domestic violence when the government announced this would be dealt with.

It was worse than not a great piece of law.

If enforced to the letter, and I accept it wasn’t,  it could have criminalised a number of fans indulging in football banter. That includes a number of views expressed on this forum. 

The story so far.

The majority of Kickbackers, myself included, want this song never to be sung. That's good. And compared with discussions we had in the bygone days of yore (or not so very long ago) few defend it. That's good too.

Those who are happy for it to be sung will explain nothing about what the words mean or why they apply to Hearts. They would rather engage in whataboutery. What about other songs? What about other clubs?

On the day that fan ownership became a reality, a noisy rump of fans want Hearts to be a sectarian club, the Edinburgh version of their beloved Rangers, and care nothing for our good name. Long may they wither.

7 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Correct. My understanding is that voting tendencies in NI still relate very closely to which community you happen to be a part of. They don’t divide along the same lines in Scotland. Yes, the more rabid Union-flag waving Sevco fans aren’t going to vote SNP, but recent election results tell us that they aren’t the majority.

Just now, Doc Rob said:

Correct. My understanding is that voting tendencies in NI still relate very closely to which community you happen to be a part of. They don’t divide along the same lines in Scotland. Yes, the more rabid Union-flag waving Sevco fans aren’t going to vote SNP, but recent election results tell us that they aren’t the majority.

What's interesting about that is it's exactly the thought of these people running an independent Scotland that put Catholic voters off the SNP.

2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

The story so far.

The majority of Kickbackers, myself included, want this song never to be sung. That's good. And compared with discussions we had in the bygone days of yore (or not so very long ago) few defend it. That's good too.

Those who are happy for it to be sung will explain nothing about what the words mean or why they apply to Hearts. They would rather engage in whataboutery. What about other songs? What about other clubs?

On the day that fan ownership became a reality, a noisy rump of fans want Hearts to be a sectarian club, the Edinburgh version of their beloved Rangers, and care nothing for our good name. Long may they wither.

What's sad, and I've contributed, is this thread is far bigger than the one on fan ownership. 

4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It's not the government as such it's the police and Procurator Fiscal who should be enforcing existing laws.

There's quite a contrast between their attitude to this and domestic violence when the government announced this would be dealt with.

It was worse than not a great piece of law.

If enforced to the letter, and I accept it wasn’t,  it could have criminalised a number of fans indulging in football banter. That includes a number of views expressed on this forum. 

I agree with your first sentence, but let’s face it, this stuff has been tolerated for as long as any current fan has been alive. It would take a lot of political pressure on the police to enforce the laws that exist in a different way.

Yes, I accept that if taken literally the OBFA could have criminalised a lot of people. All I’m saying is that I think the intention behind it was genuine. This shouldn’t be a party political issue, but it was turned into one, because the Unionist parties were so desperate for a political win over the SNP.

5 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

What's sad, and I've contributed, is this thread is far bigger than the one on fan ownership. 

That is a bit depressing. Perhaps I should stop posting on it!

However, my Twitter timeline has been wall-to-wall celebration of Heart & Soul day today, so it’s not all bad!

John Findlay
50 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I did.  I was especially concerned at Jeanette Findlay’s comments which proved my point perfectly.

The views of this government have been made clear through their actions, words and lack of words time and 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

2nd article

Can you tell me what position Jeanette Findlay holds in the Scottish Givernment?

You and her are both wrong imho.

Jeanette Findlay does not speak for the Scottish government. Jeanette Findlay speaks for Jeanette Findlay. If her believe that Irish/Scottish Catholics are discriminated against then she would never have been appointed a lecturer at Glasgow University.

She spouts pish, so do those who come from a loyalist perspective shall we say.

4 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I agree with your first sentence, but let’s face it, this stuff has been tolerated for as long as any current fan has been alive. It would take a lot of political pressure on the police to enforce the laws that exist in a different way.

Yes, I accept that if taken literally the OBFA could have criminalised a lot of people. All I’m saying is that I think the intention behind it was genuine. This shouldn’t be a party political issue, but it was turned into one, because the Unionist parties were so desperate for a political win over the SNP.

We're getting into Shed territory here I suspect. 

I don't doubt the intention but it was a typical cack handed ban everything from the government. 

The White Cockade
40 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Correct

its a fatuous argument made by people that think Scottish people wanting Scotland to govern itself must be Irish Republicans

it’s both bizarre and sad at the same time and comes from the everybody in Scotland is Celtic or Rangers so if you criticise Rangers you must be a Celtic sympathiser or vice versus

that’s how Old Firm see football fans and the Country in general so it is sad that some so called Hearts fans peddle the same argument

Loads of Hearts fans vote SNP and most are neither Catholic or Irish Republicans so get over it and leave the bigotry to those saddos in the West

• davemclaren locked this topic