Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Who are you trying to blame for that?

Maybe you should try following one of those teams if you can't hack it as a Hearts supporter?

Hahahahaha........is your brain cell lonely?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

And yet 'teams perceived as lower and financially more limited' achieve better results and performances on a more regular basis than us! Interesting!

You one of these guys that expect Hearts to beat everyone in the Championship by 3 or 4 goals because of budget but then expect Hearts to go to compete at Ibrox and Parkhead despite the gap being even bigger?

I didn’t manage to catch the game today but after speaking to mates it sounds like Robbie has set us up to contain and it was absolutely pish. It’s disappointing but I’ll not lose any sleep over it.

I’m not convinced Robbie is the guy to give us long term success but let’s not kid on results vs Celtic and Rangers away are the defining feature for a Hearts a manager. I’m 39 and can count on 2 hands how many wins we’ve had through there in my life.

Be nice if more people came on to board when we beat them in the league a couple weeks ago to be positive and talk the team up.

8 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

And yet 'teams perceived as lower and financially more limited' achieve better results and performances on a more regular basis than us! Interesting!

Seriously mate, which teams do this? 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I posted this last Wednesday, hoping we'd play with a bit of belief but deep down, we pretty much all knew we'd get that negative first half performance today - maybe not as bad right enough!

Anyone watching celtic this season can see you need to have a go at them and attack their crappy defence. The majority of fans were hoping for that on the match day thread. Why did Robbie not see it? So disappointing the way he set us up and sitting so deep. Plus then taking 45 minutes to change it. 

Absolutely, it was the frustration of seeing that first half capitulation that annoyed most folk. 
I think it’s the way to play them most seasons, European teams seem to exploit their weakness. 
The thing is he knew it last time around after slowly realising it and getting after them in the last few times we played them. 

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

You one of these guys that expect Hearts to beat everyone in the Championship by 3 or 4 goals because of budget but then expect Hearts to go to compete at Ibrox and Parkhead despite the gap being even bigger?

I didn’t manage to catch the game today but after speaking to mates it sounds like Robbie has set us up to contain and it was absolutely pish. It’s disappointing but I’ll not lose any sleep over it.

I’m not convinced Robbie is the guy to give us long term success but let’s not kid on results vs Celtic and Rangers away are the defining feature for a Hearts a manager. I’m 39 and can count on 2 hands how many wins we’ve had through there in my life.

Be nice if more people came on to board when we beat them in the league a couple weeks ago to be positive and talk the team up.

You never saw the game......pontificate on then!

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, frankblack said:

How many times do you need to be told that my comments were qualified as academic in the one post you chose not to selectively quote from?

Do you have difficulty understanding what that means?  

As I said you are straw clutching to allocate blame because everything must be the fault of the manager.  :rofl:

You continually contradict yourself!  Do I need to spell out what contradict means?  In one sentence you say it’s academic, in the next you’re drying your eyes about teams being awarded 3-0 wins, then you’re putting it down to bad finishing. 

I haven’t once blamed the manager for not being seeded, all I said was it was all in our own hands (even you can’t deny that), so stop making up shite about things I didn’t say to support your non existent argument. 

I’ll leave it that as you’re obviously having problems comprehending.  

2 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Seriously mate, which teams do this? 

Seriously mate........lots of teams get beat regularly, but less embarrassingly!

Last year we were told just because we were best funded we shouldn't expect to beat everyone, they raised their game you know!

We turn up defeated generally against the huns and tic............or has that passed your tiny mind?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Those that defended him last season said that the difference in wage bills wasn’t a big deal against part timers etc, and it wasn’t fair to expect big wins. 
Today though the difference in wage bills means we shouldn’t expect the team to at least challenge the bigger team? They can’t have it both ways. 

11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Who are you trying to blame for that?

Maybe you should try following one of those teams if you can't hack it as a Hearts supporter?

Auch Frank no that auld chestnut. 😏

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Those that defended him last season said that the difference in wage bills wasn’t a big deal against part timers etc, and it wasn’t fair to expect big wins. 
Today though the difference in wage bills means we shouldn’t expect the team to at least challenge the bigger team? They can’t have it both ways. 

Nailed it!

3 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Thank God more brain cells than sperm!

:cornette:

Name calling makes you look so intelligent.

Rocky jamboa
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, it was the frustration of seeing that first half capitulation that annoyed most folk. 
I think it’s the way to play them most seasons, European teams seem to exploit their weakness. 
The thing is he knew it last time around after slowly realising it and getting after them in the last few times we played them. 

I know. Its so frustrating. You think he would have learnt the lesson from the cup final and actually v them a couple of weeks ago (i.e. have a go, we go 1-0 up, then sit back and we're under the cosh and inevitably lose a goal. Then come back at them again and get a winner). 

It's like we're beat before we even go through there.

6 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Seriously mate........lots of teams get beat regularly, but less embarrassingly!

Last year we were told just because we were best funded we shouldn't expect to beat everyone, they raised their game you know!

We turn up defeated generally against the huns and tic............or has that passed your tiny mind?

:cornette: x ♾ 

I bet Dundee consider their 5-0 defeat a week ago less embarrassing than a 3-2 loss. :rofl:

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

You never saw the game......pontificate on then!

Was just asking if that’s what you think?

I rarely watch us away at Celtic park or Ibrox on tv. Had a family 60th to go to. Not going to miss that to watch the inevitable defeat that’s happened through there 9 times out of 10 my whole life.

I’ve never seen any team other than those pricks win the league and I’m 40 next year 😄

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

So the apologists reckon it’s the players that shat the bed in the first half and not Bob, neglecting to acknowledge that it’s his job to give them the confidence to play as they did in the second half 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Bob has " no regrets about the set up" in his after match comments.

He them mumbled something about Celtic being quite good if you give them the ball and also the pitch was wide.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I bet Dundee consider their 5-0 defeat a week ago less embarrassing than a 3-2 loss. :rofl:

The slight difference is that cost Dundee 3 points & goal difference.

We're (once again) out of one of only 2 trophies we can realistically challenge for.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I know. Its so frustrating. You think he would have learnt the lesson from the cup final and actually v them a couple of weeks ago (i.e. have a go, we go 1-0 up, then sit back and we're under the cosh and inevitably lose a goal. Then come back at them again and get a winner). 

It's like we're beat before we even go through there.

Exactly, it’s not rocket science. Groundhog Day for us though. 

33 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Our record at Ibrox and Parkhead has been poor pretty much my entire lifetime and the first thing to consider is the gulf in quality of our squads.

Being a realist that gulf isn't going to change anytime soon as they have revenues far in excess of ours.

That needs to put in context with those saying today's game was a "free hit".

So as I said let’s just accept it and have no progress just because our record has been poor? What a defeatist attitude this is.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Bob has " no regrets about the set up" in his after match comments.

He them mumbled something about Celtic being quite good if you give them the ball and also the pitch was wide.

Part and parcel no doubt. 

59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

whether the players didn’t turn up or the tactics were too negative is that both are the managers fault. 

Nope, not having that.

Man management and motivation may be part of the managers remit but he's not a miracle worker

There has to be personal accountability. There were 11 men on that park first half who are paid a wage to do a job for the club (some probably more than Robbie) and it's their responsibility to turn up and perform, be motivated and give 100% 

Grown adults shouldn't need someone to tell them they are expected to try hard and do their job to the best of their ability

Watched Motd2 there.

Spurs manager talking about how the supporters make the game.

Just now, frankblack said:

The Hearts support are pretty unanimous.

3-2"did not reflect the performance and with what's in place between Hearts and Dundee I'd say it's fair to expect a lot more than what's served up from Neilson.

Also your comment alongside the smith guys stuff if you cant cut it following Hearts and put up with shit football is so far beyond belief I have to wonder if you support Hearts.

Neilson and his so called coaching staff like Leveins see no way to work on during the week movement and shape to play attacking football.

Instead we are even last season set up in a drudge.

I'm sick of it.

You can suck it up and if you like watching that type of game hopefully if we get rid of Neilson go watch his next team.

He jumped ship at the drop of a hat keep that in mind.

Wheres levein working?

Go watch his shite.

Absolutely no one who supports Hearts expects to win every game but the last 5 years are draining the life out of watching us.

You go and watch shite most of us will stay and hopefully watch a team that at least wants to venture up the park.

You and that right boot boy can hold Neilsons hands going out the door .

Byyy The Light
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We got beat 3-2. By the sounds of it we were never in it and the score line flattered us but that’s exactly the grief dished out on here last season. 

I’m no Robbie fan boy but what really winds me up is the double standards and just mental expectation of our fans. We’ve never been favourites to beat Celtic away in the last 50 years. Raith papped Aberdeen out today. 

Got a few mates down south who love a punt but downright refuse to bet on Scottish football because it’s a total minefield. Why the extremes? We got beat at Parkhead, deal with it and move on. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Nope, not having that.

Man management and motivation may be part of the managers remit but he's not a miracle worker

There has to be personal accountability. There were 11 men on that park first half who are paid a wage to do a job for the club (some probably more than Robbie) and it's their responsibility to turn up and perform, be motivated and give 100% 

Grown adults shouldn't need someone to tell them they are expected to try hard and do their job to the best of their ability

It’s not as easy as that, footballers need to be motivated and believe in the tactics whilst trusting the manager, not for the first time it doesn’t look like that was the case. That’s his main job. 
What do you think changed in the second half? The players looked far more comfortable playing further up the pitch and restricted them to less chances. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not as easy as that, footballers need to be motivated and believe in the tactics whilst trusting the manager, not for the first time it doesn’t look like that was the case. That’s his main job. 
What do you think changed in the second half? The players looked far more comfortable playing further up the pitch and restricted them to less chances. 

What do you mean it's not as easy as that?

I'm not the one over simplifying things here.

I said it is partly the managers job but the players need to take accountability.

You simply stated "It's the manager fault"

5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

We got beat 3-2. By the sounds of it we were never in it and the score line flattered us but that’s exactly the grief dished out on here last season. 

I’m no Robbie fan boy but what really winds me up is the double standards and just mental expectation of our fans. We’ve never been favourites to beat Celtic away in the last 50 years. Raith papped Aberdeen out today. 

Got a few mates down south who love a punt but downright refuse to bet on Scottish football because it’s a total minefield. Why the extremes? We got beat at Parkhead, deal with it and move on. 

So we should just deal with it every time and move on ? No progress the same tactics, we see ourselves as the biggest club outside the old firm but some of our support have no ambition and don’t like to question things. We’re treading water. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I don’t think you can grasp how bad we were in that first half without seeing it, we had decent possession of the ball in their half in one occasion. We couldn’t keep the ball. If you bothered to watch it or found some highlights you may well understand the frustration people are feeling because it was like night and day in the second half where we out scored them 2-1. 
As for last season we quite often were poor and got the results, Celtic played well today and still only just beat us, so the comparison doesn’t stand up. Once again the financial difference of teams last season was dismissed but has been used today to defend the managers poor first half tactics.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

What do you mean it's not as easy as that?

I'm not the one over simplifying things here.

I said it is partly the managers job but the players need to take accountability.

You simply stated "It's the manager fault"

You’re blaming the players and saying it’s only partly poor Robbies fault. It’s the managers fault whether the players don’t do their job or not, he picks them, the tactics and needs to motivate them. That’s his job, if it fails he carries the can. 

You’re blaming the players and saying it’s only partly poor Robbies fault. It’s the managers fault whether the players don’t do their job or not, he picks them, the tactics and needs to motivate them. That’s his job, if it fails he carries the can. 

We have a winner

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

So we should just deal with it every time and move on ? No progress the same tactics, we see ourselves as the biggest club outside the old firm but some of our support have no ambition and don’t like to question things. We’re treading water. 

Part of the reason this regime has had such an easy ride whilst the team consistently underperforms as we pump upwards of £60m into the club in that time. 

10 minutes ago, Ked said:

Watched Motd2 there.

3-2"did not reflect the performance and with what's in place between Hearts and Dundee I'd say it's fair to expect a lot more than what's served up from Neilson.

Also your comment alongside the smith guys stuff if you cant cut it following Hearts and put up with shit football is so far beyond belief I have to wonder if you support Hearts.

Neilson and his so called coaching staff like Leveins see no way to work on during the week movement and shape to play attacking football.

I'm sick of it.

You can suck it up and if you like watching that type of game hopefully if we get rid of Neilson go watch his next team.

Wheres levein working?

Go watch his shite.

Absolutely no one who supports Hearts expects to win every game but the last 5 years are draining the life out of watching us.

You go and watch shite most of us will stay and hopefully watch a team that at least wants to venture up the park.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9528b1b9a01337c4c17f3

I guess the downside of us winning 3 cups from 98-2012 is the rise of self-entitled supporters that weren't there in the 70s up to 98.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Ked said:

Watched Motd2 there.

I'm sick of it.

Wheres levein working?

Go watch his shite.

Fantastic post 👍🏽👏🏾

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Aye. It’s a waste of time and energy. SFA/SPFL have stitched up Scottish football. It’s the way they want it.

We need to focus on consistent results against the rest, pumping Aberdeen/Hibs and hope for consistent Europa group stages. By all means question why we're not achieving that but not beating Celtic consistently. It will happen now and again but not every time. Last 3 have been draw, win, lose.

Its admirable to believe we can achieve anything better but its mental. Attainable goals should always be realistic, especially in the short to medium term.

Niemi’s gloves
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As for last season we quite often were poor and got the results, Celtic played well today and still only just beat us, so the comparison doesn’t stand up. 

If you want to make that comparison, you need to put yourself in the position of fans of other teams last season. I suspect they said “Hearts played well today and only just beat us” even as our fans were moaning

Pasquale for King

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9528b1b9a01337c4c17f3

I guess the downside of us winning 3 cups from 98-2012 is the rise of self-entitled supporters that weren't there in the 70s up to 98.

Another excuse trotted out by the happy clappers. It’s the struggles of the 70s and early 80s that drives my desire for the club to be more successful than it has been. 

11 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

We are a team promoted as champions from the Championship that need to earn the right to be best of the rest.  Hibs, Aberdeen, and maybe St Johnstone could feel they have more settled squads to be favourites just now.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

If you want to make that comparison, you need to put yourself in the position of fans of other teams last season. I suspect they said “Hearts played well today and only just beat us” even as our fans were moaning

Yes but our expectations are different, not many Celtic fans were moaning about their performance today. 
I don’t think we had 35 shots at goal in any game last season. 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We are a team promoted as champions from the Championship that need to earn the right to be best of the rest.  Hibs, Aberdeen, and maybe St Johnstone could feel they have more settled squads to be favourites just now.

Duh really

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Another excuse trotted out by the happy clappers. It’s the struggles of the 70s and early 80s that drives my desire for the club to be more successful than it has been. 

Here it goes again "happy clappers" from the self-entitled drama queens cliché handbook.

Niemi’s gloves
13 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Last time we visited Celtic Park we lost 5-0 under Stendel. Perhaps losing 3-2 is some progress?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, 160598 said:

We have a winner

Seems basic enough eh 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

Pasquale for King

Here it goes again "happy clappers" from the self-entitled drama queens cliché handbook.

You say Drama Queen like it’s a bad thing 😆😂. What was it you said about name calling 🤪?

Byyy The Light
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think you can grasp how bad we were in that first half without seeing it, we had decent possession of the ball in their half in one occasion. We couldn’t keep the ball. If you bothered to watch it or found some highlights you may well understand the frustration people are feeling because it was like night and day in the second half where we out scored them 2-1. 
As for last season we quite often were poor and got the results, Celtic played well today and still only just beat us, so the comparison doesn’t stand up. Once again the financial difference of teams last season was dismissed but has been used today to defend the managers poor first half tactics.

All my mates who watched it said the same as you so I’m not deluding myself. They were just as raging. That’s how Robbie thinks we can beat them. Play in bursts. He knows if we try and attack them for 90 mins we’ll get carved open.

Pragmatically I do agree with him. They’ve got better players, we’ll not go toe to toe for 90 mins and come out on top.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes but our expectations are different, not many Celtic fans were moaning about their performance today. 
I don’t think we had 35 shots at goal in any game last season. 

Maybe if we had Celtic's budget we could aspire for that too?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Last time we visited Celtic Park we lost 5-0 under Stendel. Perhaps losing 3-2 is some progress?

Not at all, we gave them a game for 35 minutes until poppadom hands threw a few goals in. Today we had Gordon who had done great saves before and after scoring an own goal.  

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Maybe if we had Celtic's budget we could aspire for that too?

Tactics cost fukall ~cove rangers

You say Drama Queen like it’s a bad thing 😆😂. What was it you said about name calling 🤪?

If you post derogatory terms against posters then expect them to treat you likewise. 👌

37 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Was just asking if that’s what you think?

I rarely watch us away at Celtic park or Ibrox on tv. Had a family 60th to go to. Not going to miss that to watch the inevitable defeat that’s happened through there 9 times out of 10 my whole life.

I’ve never seen any team other than those pricks win the league and I’m 40 next year 😄

Check out Dundee Utd and Aberdeen, it has happened, was at Roma game 1984........amazing what can happen with organisation and self belief! But Robbie has none of that and plenty seem happy!

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic