Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

5,000 crowd at Wycombe Wanderers Wednesday evening, more than Hearts will have on Saturday, not logical….

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

5 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

5,000 crowd at Wycombe Wanderers Wednesday evening, more than Hearts will have on Saturday, not logical….

England have pretty much lifted all restrictions, unlike us.

6 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It's not logical. Maybe it's Wycombe who have got it wrong though.

Fozzyonthefence
7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I don’t see the point in comparing to games in England but 6,500 at Motherwell on Saturday and 4,500 at Tynecastle is not logical. 

9 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

You contact me and I take them from you.

Simples 

Almost, but I've already had other requests, still waiting on ticket office reply!

7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Don’t think Edinburgh Council have much sway in Wycombe !

10 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Like you I've received zip from the club.

Luckily I saw this 👇 and have sent an email...I've no idea what i havent been told

This is one of the reasons I don't have a lot of faith in our IT systems.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

This is one of the reasons I don't have a lot of faith in our IT systems.

If only we had someone with IT experience on the Board...or perhaps a sponsorship link with a large computer-y type company lie...er...Dell?

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t see the point in comparing to games in England but 6,500 at Motherwell on Saturday and 4,500 at Tynecastle is not logical. 

I agree 100% nothing is logical. It feels like individual authorities ‘have the power’ so they are using it just because they can and want to demonstrate they are!

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

As I've said before, the low capacity is due in part to the late ko time.

Nookie Bear
Just now, The Treasurer said:

So Sky will be paying compensation then...

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Part of the deal will be they get to pick times ( within certain constraints I imagine ) so no. 

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Compensation for what, Nooks ?

It’s a ST game. Hearts aren’t out a penny. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yes, the tv money.  A lot of the live TV games in Scotland play in front of smaller crowds due to being live.  As the tv deal is so shite I often wonder if the loss of match day revenue is covered by the tv money.  On the other hand, a lot of the live games are also played in front of full or nearly full houses. 

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Don’t think Edinburgh Council have much sway in Wycombe !

They don’t have much sway outside Edinburgh but that hasn’t stopped people comparing ours to them either. 🙄

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah it’s called tv money Nookie, everyone gets a slice for the loss of home income. 

Just now, Dazo said:

They don’t have much sway outside Edinburgh but that hasn’t stopped people comparing ours to them either. 🙄

Not even the same country being compared !

🤷‍♂️

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Has anyone confirmed this is the case?

I would doubt that to be honest since Hearts confirmed they are working to a base figure of around 6,000 with 3 games at 50%, 75% and 100%.  One of these is a 8pm ko, the other 2 are both afternoon I think so ko times don’t appear to come into it. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

1 minute ago, Boab said:

🤷‍♂️

People will literally compare anything if it suits. 

Edited by Dazo

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Has anyone confirmed this is the case?

Something was mentioned earlier in the thread about the old bill and council deciding the lower number was because of the late KO.

I can’t prove the validity of that though.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Boab said:

Something was mentioned earlier in the thread about the old bill and council deciding the lower number was because of the late KO.

I can’t prove the validity of that though.

I think you posted that just as I was editing my post.  We didn’t have a late ko against ICT but we were working off the same 6k capacity for that one as the Celtic game (one at 50%, one at 75%), so that doesn’t make any sense as an explanation.

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

🤷‍♂️

And that’s the point … Covid doesn’t recognise City, County, Regional boundaries but those ‘with the power’ all try to demonstrate they think they know better than each and try to prove how clever they are by doing things a little bit differently!

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, Boab said:

Compensation for what, Nooks ?

It’s a ST game. Hearts aren’t out a penny. 

Well they are - there would have been just under 20k at the game I’m normal circumstances.  That’s down to Covid restrictions though not Sky, so you’re right - Sky showimg this game isn’t costing Hearts a penny.  

StevenNaismith

We received tickets in the post this morning, still no email or tickets showing in our e-tickets account though.

Edited by StevenNaismith

Nookie Bear
23 minutes ago, Boab said:

🤷‍♂️

It's the UK, so the same country.

Not like anyone is saying "ah well, there are no fans at the Tokyo Olympics so it's not a problem for us to be missing out"

swindonjambo1
18 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Do you go A415, and join the M5 at Gloucester turn off, straight up the M5 joining the M6 at West Bromwich, M6 all the way up to the M74, M74 to Jct12,and turn onto the A702 and come through Biggar Carlops and West Linton?

More or less although it is the A419 then A419 before the M5 . I live in london now so its A406-M1 -M42-M6-A702

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's the UK, so the same country.

Not like anyone is saying "ah well, there are no fans at the Tokyo Olympics so it's not a problem for us to be missing out"

Not when it comes to Covid.

Thank goodness our leaders are still being cautious. 

You would think there had never been a pandemic the way the UK are behaving. 

This could all go horribly wrong. 

Still as long as we can all go to the football who cares 😕

Nookie Bear
Just now, luckydug said:

Not when it comes to Covid.

Thank goodness our leaders are still being cautious. 

You would think there had never been a pandemic the way the UK are behaving. 

This could all go horribly wrong. 

Still as long as we can all go to the football who cares 😕

27 pages on here suggests quite a few do.

davemclaren

If you have a match ticket you can book into hospitality or go to the bars as well. 

UPGRADE YOUR TICKET!
We look forward to welcoming you to Tynecastle Park. We have three hospitality packages to choose from for this fixture.

Please CLICK HERE to view the packages available. 

The Eighteen74 bar and Gorgie Suite will be open to those with match tickets  - there's no need to book in advance.
Eighteen74: 12pm-8pm, then from the final whistle to midnight
Gorgie Suite: 5pm -8pm

Paninaro Hearts

Morning…. Or afternoon! Aberdeen game will be full capacity so stop wetting the bed about the next game… you can now travel into Scotland if double Vaxed from the EU and USA apart from France without quarantine so I would doubt they are going to stop full capacity at football matches/nightclubs etc… anyone thinking otherwise is naive 

Paninaro Hearts

Andrew McKinley also said this a few weeks ago and I’m sure he is more ITK than me or anyone as they will have been given the heads up… hence why they aren’t pissing about with new systems etc for tickets for the sake of a couple of games

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

If you have a match ticket you can book into hospitality or go to the bars as well. 

UPGRADE YOUR TICKET!
We look forward to welcoming you to Tynecastle Park. We have three hospitality packages to choose from for this fixture.

Please CLICK HERE to view the packages available. 

The Eighteen74 bar and Gorgie Suite will be open to those with match tickets  - there's no need to book in advance.
Eighteen74: 12pm-8pm, then from the final whistle to midnight
Gorgie Suite: 5pm -8pm

Aye, go on. Rub it in Dave 😄

:facepalm:

John Findlay
1 hour ago, swindonjambo1 said:

More or less although it is the A419 then A419 before the M5 . I live in london now so its A406-M1 -M42-M6-A702

👍👍

JamboRossi79

Can anyone tell me where about turnstiles 11-16 are ? We are normally in the Main stand so not sure on the numbering around the rest of the stadium

been here before
18 minutes ago, JamboRossi79 said:

Can anyone tell me where about turnstiles 11-16 are ? We are normally in the Main stand so not sure on the numbering around the rest of the stadium

Presumably the ones in whaterver stand youre in.

Its one of those questions though. You do something thousands of times but have no idea of whats around you. Thinking about it Ive no idea the turnstyle numbers I go through for the Wheatfield.

As Sherlock Holmes said in A Scandal In Bohemia "You see but you do not observe".

25 minutes ago, JamboRossi79 said:

Where the old shop used to be at the back of Georgie stand, left hand of gates, unless they changed the numbers 😬

JamboRossi79
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Presumably the ones in whaterver stand youre in.

Its one of those questions though. You do something thousands of times but have no idea of whats around you. Thinking about it Ive no idea the turnstyle numbers I go through for the Wheatfield.

As Sherlock Holmes said in A Scandal In Bohemia "You see but you do not observe".

Haha you would think it was that simple, so we have tickets in section H in Roseburn so guessing you can either get in via McLeod St or Wheatfield so that’s why we weren’t sure where those turnstiles were

6 minutes ago, JamboRossi79 said:

Haha you would think it was that simple, so we have tickets in section H in Roseburn so guessing you can either get in via McLeod St or Wheatfield so that’s why we weren’t sure where those turnstiles were

Wheatfield are 1 - 10, so I imagine 11 - 16 are the normal  "away" turnstiles on McLeod St.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, 2205ian said:

Wheatfield are 1 - 10, so I imagine 11 - 16 are the normal  "away" turnstiles on McLeod St.

I think that’s correct. 

Fort Vallance

No doubt somebody will correct me if I'm wrong. The ballot is only open to season ticket holders. We've sold 10k ish. There will be a few that haven't applied so surely that means if you didn't get one this time you're virtually guaranteed next time even if the capacity stays the same ?

7 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

No doubt somebody will correct me if I'm wrong. The ballot is only open to season ticket holders. We've sold 10k ish. There will be a few that haven't applied so surely that means if you didn't get one this time you're virtually guaranteed next time even if the capacity stays the same ?

You have to apply to get a ticket by Monday.

Asked ticket office to cancel my tickets as I'm away on holiday. Hopefully 2 other jambos will be able to use them.

Fort Vallance
28 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

You have to apply to get a ticket by Monday.

By haven't applied I meant that they won't be going until circumstances change. I thought that once you went in to the ballot you were in until it was full houses ?

1 hour ago, JamboRossi79 said:

Think that’s Roseburn so you would need to enter via McLeod Street