Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

The Aberdeen game will be full as restrictions will have been lifted in full.

That’s still to be confirmed but the prospects look good for that imo. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

10 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

The Aberdeen game will be full as restrictions will have been lifted in full.

Has Nicola confirmed that?

Paninaro Hearts

Yes I’m guessing but anyone following the news and her speeches in general will agree that it looks 99% certain she will follow Boris. So it looks likely it will be full.

1 minute ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

Yes I’m guessing but anyone following the news and her speeches in general will agree that it looks 99% certain she will follow Boris. So it looks likely it will be full.

She has rarely followed Boris in terms of reopening except when forced by withdrawal of emergency powers/finance.

46 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Assuming every one of our 10K ST holders opted in for the LC ballot (unlikely I know, but bear with me), the ticket allocations for Cove (2K), ICT (3K) and Celtic (4.5K) would've left circa 500 ST holders missing out. 

That doesn't explain how some people managed to get tickets for all 3, unless they were provided tickets from others who were successful in a ballot?

We're in a 'three' and entered the ballot as a group. We've been successful in all three games.

Don't know if Hearts enter groups into the ballot as a one, or as three individuals. Wouldn't be surprised if some oversight meant if one of us gets drawn then the other two are automatically successful too, essentially making our odds three times that of a single person.

But I won't complain about it :ninja:

Edited by kila

Just now, kila said:

We're in a 'three' and entered the ballot as a group. We've been successful in all three games.

Don't know if Hearts enter groups into the ballot as a one, or as three individuals. Wouldn't be surprised if some oversight meant if one of us gets drawn then the other two are automatically successful too, essentially making our odds three times that of a single person.

But I won't complain about it :ninja:

Take it while it's going your way! 

SectionDJambo

It’s been next to impossible for Hearts to prioritise people who have been unsuccessful in previous ballots for the League Cup. Too many factors to build in.

Those who were unsuccessful in either of the League Cup draws.

Who didn’t apply for the League Cup tickets, since these had to be paid for.

Who didn’t apply previously because they couldn’t attend.

Who doesn’t want to go to the Celtic match, because it’s at 8pm on a Saturday, but has to be included because they’ve registered for the season.

There’s just too many variations to factor in. The hope must have been to get the 9500 in to avoid disappointment, but that hasn’t happened, for whatever reason or whoever is to blame for the small attendance allowance.

I’m in.

Fk the haters.

I could not me more of a ‘Robbie out’ man if I tried.

Can’t wait to get him telt.

Aussie boy has been in the door a week and he’ll still skelp us.

“Up to our knees in Covid-19 get a vaccine or you’ll die, we are the Gorgie vaccine boys”

Paninaro Hearts
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

She has rarely followed Boris in terms of reopening except when forced by withdrawal of emergency powers/finance.

It will be full

babertonjambo
41 minutes ago, H2 said:

I've been allocated tickets but can't go, I've e-mailed ticket office but no reply. 

What is supposed to happen in such circumstances?

I've sent you a PM. 🙂

Saint Jambo
28 minutes ago, ericb said:

What I don't get is group applications, if some in the pot are single and some groups, if you randomly pull a group of 4 out first you have selected once but reduced the amount by 4 

Assuming that the group of 4 are only in the ballot once* then it doesn't really change the probability of you being succesful, even though that might feel counterintuitive. There is the same probability the group of 4 comes out before you as after you. So while the group pulled before you takes up 4 seats for a single application the group of 4 pulled after you leaves 4 seats free for a single application.

*I genuinely don't believe Hearts will have got that wrong and put them in 4 times but they only need to be succesful once for all 4 to get tickets. That would require really special levels of incompetence.

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Assuming that the group of 4 are only in the ballot once* then it doesn't really change the probability of you being succesful, even though that might feel counterintuitive. There is the same probability the group of 4 comes out before you as after you. So while the group pulled before you takes up 4 seats for a single application the group of 4 pulled after you leaves 4 seats free for a single application.

*I genuinely don't believe Hearts will have got that wrong and put them in 4 times but they only need to be succesful once for all 4 to get tickets. That would require really special levels of incompetence.

I guess you'd find out if all 4 received 4 tickets in the post!

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Has there been an explanation  of what weighted ballot means? If it just means priority to.those who have missed out on previous ballots prioritising those who have missed out most often then fair enough.

I've sometimes wondered if you are just trying to be awkward but in this case I'm in no doubt. 

been here before
51 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I can confirm that I have been told exactly the same thing by the ticket office. The club is working on a worst case scenario that every season ticket holder will see a minimum of one game in every two for as long as crowd restrictions are lower than the number of season ticket holders. In other words, if you missed out on a ticket for the Celtic game you will get one for the Aberdeen game. Celtic ticket holders will then go in a ballot for the balance of remaining Aberdeen tickets. Those who don't get to the Aberdeen match will get tickets for the Hibs game, with those who were at the Aberdeen game going in the ballot for the balance of tickets......and so it goes on.....       

Which is a shit way of doing it. Those getting Celtic tickets in game 1 then have less chance of getting Aberdeen in game 2 but more chance of Hibs in game 3. Where as those getting Aberdeen tickets in game 2  have a greater chance of Livingston tickets.

Sounds fair right enough.

Jean Louis Valois

Me and my old man got tickets for both cup games but No Tickets for this Saturday. Pretty gutted. Oh well, tele and bevvys it is.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Does anyone really believe that Hearts have the systems in place to do any type of weighted ballot…

They could do it in Microsoft Excel if they have to. We can assume they hope they don’t have to. 

10 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Does anyone really believe that Hearts have the systems in place to do any type of weighted ballot…

Yeah. 

It’s short term. No need for anyone to completely lose their shit. In a month’s time, this ballot thread will disappear !

Personally, I’m happy to wait till the Derby. The whole experience is too strange right now. Will go to Parkhead if I can mind !

I got Cove and Celtic tickets but not ICT.

If the ridiculous reduce capacity is still there for Aberdeen then I’m not expecting a ticket for that game.

hopefully common sense prevails and at least every season ticket holder can get in from Aberdeen onwards.  It’s nonsense now that the capacity is only 4,500 on Saturday.

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, henryheart said:

I can confirm that I have been told exactly the same thing by the ticket office. The club is working on a worst case scenario that every season ticket holder will see a minimum of one game in every two for as long as crowd restrictions are lower than the number of season ticket holders. In other words, if you missed out on a ticket for the Celtic game you will get one for the Aberdeen game. Celtic ticket holders will then go in a ballot for the balance of remaining Aberdeen tickets. Those who don't get to the Aberdeen match will get tickets for the Hibs game, with those who were at the Aberdeen game going in the ballot for the balance of tickets......and so it goes on.....       

So that would suggest half are getting celtic and hibs and the other Aberdeen and livi?

If its weighted as I think has been suggested somewhere, surely after Aberdeen pretty much everyone would be in with the same shout as they've both had 1 ticket. If I miss out on celtic and hibs I'll not be happy. Hopefully we have stopped ****ing about by then but it makes a season ticket less value for the third season in a row. 

Shanks said no

If these restriction continue to the Hibs game and we do have a working weighting system, then there may be quite a few disappointed Jambos

Assuming 8K ST holders opted in

v Celtic

4.5k successful

3.5k unsuccessful

v Aberdeen

3.5k unsuccessful before get to go

2.5k successful v Celtic get to go

2k successful v Celtic don't get to go

v Hibs

6k of the successful 8k who got to see one of the games are at the Derby

No one who attends both the Celtic and Aberdeen games gets to the Derby

Obviously this is based on assumptions regarding opting in but I would consider returning an Aberdeen ticket to the club if it guaranteed me a Derby ticket.

(I may have this very wrong!)

21 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

If these restriction continue to the Hibs game and we do have a working weighting system, then there may be quite a few disappointed Jambos

v Celtic

4.5k successful

3.5k unsuccessful

v Aberdeen

v Hibs

Obviously this is based on assumptions regarding opting in but I would consider returning an Aberdeen ticket to the club if it guaranteed me a Derby ticket.

If you return a ticket means you missed your turn and still miss derby.. I'm going to Celtic assume miss Aberdeen. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, henryheart said:

Thank you. I was not clear about that from communication from the club. 

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

Aberdeen game will be full capacity 

🤣 You’re a bit of a one trick pony aren’t you?!

Paninaro Hearts

Yes… the Aberdeen game will be full capacity as nikky will copy boris and the only thing that will be different will be face masks in shops and public transport… end off

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

Yes… the Aberdeen game will be full capacity as nikky will copy boris and the only thing that will be different will be face masks in shops and public transport… end off

Thanks for that but we heard you the first 6 times. Anything else to add?

Face masks are required on public transport in London by the way.

I know of someone who missed the deadline to register and went to ticket office yesterday to get codes for themselves and their son and got two tickets in the post this morning 

Saint Jambo
34 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Were we meant to get an email whether successful or not….cause i got hee haw.

For the league cup games I only got an email when I was succesful.

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

v Celtic

4.5k successful

3.5k unsuccessful

v Aberdeen

v Hibs

I think your assumption of 2.5k ST holders not opting in is well off the mark. 

Remember this was stated that failure to opt in for the Celtic game meant failure to opt in for any future ballots. 

Let's hope it doesn't matter and we can return to ful capacity soon. 

Shanks said no
Just now, luckydug said:

I think your assumption of 2.5k ST holders not opting in is well off the mark. 

Remember this was stated that failure to opt in for the Celtic game meant failure to opt in for any future ballots. 

Let's hope it doesn't matter and we can return to ful capacity soon. 

Quite possibly but going by the rate of success v failure on this thread would indicate more were successful than failed. Then again Kickback may not be representative of the Hearts support.............

Also are those who deferred included in the 10.5K ST sales and thereby ineligible for the ballot?

5 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Well unlike a fair portion the posts on here I try to at least check some information

My recent favourite is all those who moaned at her not being a seat apart at a previous match yet clearly the information was available to all that she was simply following policy which applied to all in attendance........................however those who have an axe to grind simply made little jabs and statements about this as if she had done something wrong..............no apologies followed of course

At times its as if people live to have a dig at her or the club and rather than just let them waffle I prefer to point out the error of their ways  !!!!😄

🙄

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Anyone know if the Aberdeen game will be full capacity?

Meant to be if there are no restrictions by then but will find out on Tuesday in Scottish parliament update 

Biffa Bacon
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Sit tight, our local expert will be along shortly.

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nobody knows. FM due to do a speech early next week regarding 9th August lifting of restrictions. From that the picture could be clearer. However having spent a couple of hours booking Fringe shows, they are selling them on the basis that social distancing is still in place.

Dennis Reynolds
11 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Quite possibly but going by the rate of success v failure on this thread would indicate more were successful than failed. Then again Kickback may not be representative of the Hearts support.............

Also are those who deferred included in the 10.5K ST sales and thereby ineligible for the ballot?

I deferred and was in the ballot. 

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, LMc said:

I deferred and was in the ballot. 

And were you successful and now have to pay for your ST?

Not trying to be smart, genuinely don't understand whats going on.

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

And were you successful and now have to pay for your ST?

Not trying to be smart, genuinely don't understand whats going on.

I've got a ticket for the Celtic game, yeah. I don't have to pay for my season ticket no, as I didn't take the option of streaming any games last season. Well, technically I did but I just used the PPV option for the 2/3 I decided to stream.

Fozzyonthefence
27 minutes ago, been here before said:

🤣🤣

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, LMc said:

I've got a ticket for the Celtic game, yeah. I don't have to pay for my season ticket no, as I didn't take the option of streaming any games last season. Well, technically I did but I just used the PPV option for the 2/3 I decided to stream.

So you deferred your season ticket last season to this season?

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

So you deferred your season ticket last season to this season?

Yes, exactly.

Perth to Paisley
4 hours ago, H2 said:

I've been allocated tickets but can't go, I've e-mailed ticket office but no reply. 

What is supposed to happen in such circumstances?

You contact me and I take them from you.

Simples 

Perth to Paisley
3 hours ago, McCrae said:

Given the link up with Dell im fairly certain they have the IT capability 

I could do it easily on my ZX Spectrum tbh.

Perth to Paisley
1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

Were we meant to get an email whether successful or not….cause i got hee haw.

Like you I've received zip from the club.

Luckily I saw this 👇 and have sent an email...I've no idea what i havent been told