Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The number of people blaming the club is just amazing

Get a grip people and aim your fire elsewhere

Truly you are either simply out to harm the club with this spread of second hand information or you don't realise the harm you are doing

The club have put in a number of applications now and as such been in touch with council officials in that time and if we believe the rubbish posted by some the club are the ones limiting the numbers that can attend

Do you ever think to ask why that would be if you are gullible enough to listen to the moaning minnies ?

No one even questions why there needs to be stands empty of any fans at other grounds meaning more are fitted into a smaller area.....why ?

Roll on 9th August and some of the power hungry staff we pay for within the council and Scottish Government will have their wings clipped

Put simply they are on a slow slow, slow slow slow dance to freedom.....................now I wonder where they took their inspiration from ?

Maybe its because the club are telling us **** all in how these numbers are being calculated and compared to other clubs smaller 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Where was it printed it was the clubs idea ?

Have you seen the application ?

Have you read any of the replies from the council ?

The answer is no to the above but go on and on and on again with your fantasy posts

Honestly some of you are beyond a joke and to think all of this is to save face from a few ill judged posters/fans just leaves you asking questions of the poster not the club

I can see the discussion within the club now.............

Yes Ann we can't get any more fans in because it would look like we are idiots in not only our last application but the previous two as well if we admit we got it wrong......I mean you have such a good name with them you can't be seen as anything other than perfect so lets just pretend and hope it all goes away

Oh and read below seems we are not alone.....another club who just can't get it right if the JKB covid experts are to be believed

St Mirren reveal 'disappointment' at meagre crowd capacity increase for Partick Thistle clash (msn.com)

Calm down ffs. Clubs were asked to come up with ideas on how they’d manage crowds. Who else’s idea would it be. Hibs aren’t doing it? Do you think the council or SFA came up with one idea for us and another for hibs? The capacity allowed at st mirren has nothing to do with what I was taking about.

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Maybe its because the club are telling us **** all in how these numbers are being calculated and compared to other clubs smaller 

It’s likely two separate issues. Clubs were asked how they would manage crowds. Hearts decided one metre social distancing was the way to go, even bizarrely for families. Whether that has had an effect on total numbers I don’t know. Why I’m hesitant to link the two things is the whole bottom section was empty right around the stands last night so they could easily have had more folk in 1 metre apart. 

Motherwell getting 4.5k home fans and allowing 2k away fans so if we aren’t getting similar at least there is a shambles occurring somewhere in the process whether that is at our club or our council being arseholes who knows. 

Lack of consistency however in where these figures are coming from however is something that the Scottish Gov’t should clarify.

2 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Motherwell getting 4.5k home fans and allowing 2k away fans so if we aren’t getting similar at least there is a shambles occurring somewhere in the process whether that is at our club or our council being arseholes who knows. 

Lack of consistency however in where these figures are coming from however is something that the Scottish Gov’t should clarify.

It’s down to individual councils not the Scottish government. The government rules allow for  a certain number and clubs can apply to councils for more. 

Edited by GinRummy

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It was the clubs idea to seat everyone 1 metre apart. Not necessary under current guidelines and even Ann Budge ignored it last night. They made a mistake but rather than admit it they’re now pressing on with the same set up for the Celtic game. Why can’t they look around them and see what others are doing and rectify their mistake?

A St Mirren spokesperson said: "1,039 supporters will be able to attend St Mirren’s Premier Sports Cup match against Partick Thistle on Sunday - more than double the capacity we welcomed for our match against Dunfermline last week.

"The attendance figure is in line with current safety guidance from the Scottish Government with one metre distancing required from other households. Those who have been successful in the ballot will be contacted by Thursday evening.

"Clearly, the club would love to have been in a position to welcome more fans and can assure our supporters that we have worked as hard as we possibly could to get as many fans into the stadium as is safely possible.

So another club is following the guidelines re one meter distancing and lo and behold are being hammered because of it..............now I would have thought the esteemed Scottish Government would by now have laid out the rules and checked that all authorities are applying it fairly across the board............we have 2 different councils using 2 different sets of rules and that is a failure from the top not the club..............is anyone really surprised that  a dentist full of false promises over the last 18 months has got it wrong ?

Just now, GinRummy said:

It’s down to individual councils not the Scottish government. 

Yes but as I’ve said surely there has to be some consistency with it and that’d be up to the government to provide that. Allowing 6.5k in to that hovel but less than that here is completely illogical. 

Just now, CJGJ said:

A St Mirren spokesperson said: "1,039 supporters will be able to attend St Mirren’s Premier Sports Cup match against Partick Thistle on Sunday - more than double the capacity we welcomed for our match against Dunfermline last week.

"The attendance figure is in line with current safety guidance from the Scottish Government with one metre distancing required from other households. Those who have been successful in the ballot will be contacted by Thursday evening.

"Clearly, the club would love to have been in a position to welcome more fans and can assure our supporters that we have worked as hard as we possibly could to get as many fans into the stadium as is safely possible.

So another club is following the guidelines re one meter distancing and lo and behold are being hammered because of it..............now I would have thought the esteemed Scottish Government would by now have laid out the rules and checked that all authorities are applying it fairly across the board............we have 2 different councils using 2 different sets of rules and that is a failure from the top not the club..............is anyone really surprised that  a dentist full of false promises over the last 18 months has got it wrong ?

From other households. 

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Try looking at the link for St Mirren in my previous post and once more tell us more .....another club who can't get it right it seems

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-calculating-physical-distancing-capacity-in-public-settings/pages/events/

"Social groups of 15 individuals do not have to physically distance, however must be 1m apart from other groups."

Tbh it sounds a contradictory mess reading that page, especially as the limit is still 2,000 in level 0. Need some explaining why Hibs got 2,000 more for their friendly though - did their application focus on the sentence I quoted above? I've no idea how the council came to two different conclusions but my reading of that quote suggests up to 15 grouped together if they are part of a social group, with 1m to the next group.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It’s down to individual councils not the Scottish government. 

If only that was true which sad to say it is not in practice and just look at the last paragraph re mitigation

What is the Scottish Government's role?

The councils are guided by the rules set down by the Scottish Government but they are the ones who take the final decisions and issue the safety certificates.

However, the local authorities often - but not always - seek advice from Holyrood. That is, in part, be to mitigate against a variation in rulings in different parts of the country but also because it is government officials who are in regular contact with football's Joint Response Group.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s likely two separate issues. Clubs were asked how they would manage crowds. Hearts decided one metre social distancing was the way to go, even bizarrely for families. Whether that has had an effect on total numbers I don’t know. Why I’m hesitant to link the two things is the whole bottom section was empty right around the stands last night so they could easily have had more folk in 1 metre apart. 

We need an explanation from our club as to how the attendance figures are arrived at and  why our percentage is less than other clubs , if infact it is.

4k seems utterly ridiculous when  there will be 90k at Wembley for the charity Sheild in a week ot two. 

Just now, CJGJ said:

If only that was true which sad to say it is not in practice and just look at the last paragraph re mitigation

The councils are guided by the rules set down by the Scottish Government but they are the ones who take the final decisions and issue the safety certificates.

However, the local authorities often - but not always - seek advice from Holyrood. That is, in part, be to mitigate against a variation in rulings in different parts of the country but also because it is government officials who are in regular contact with football's Joint Response Group.

Thank you. Wasn’t aware of that. 👍

3 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Yes but as I’ve said surely there has to be some consistency with it and that’d be up to the government to provide that. Allowing 6.5k in to that hovel but less than that here is completely illogical. 

I agree. CJGJ link suggest the government are playing more of an active role than I thought. 

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Surely that would only apply if there were different levels, but there isn’t.

All of Scotland is at Level zero.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, ElGee1973 said:

Absolutely ridiculous. Of course the story was Celtic minded (what else would you expect from a Glasgow based paper) but it would be sickening if we only get 4000 fans allowed in. 

You can guarantee that sellik, via their media and league lapdogs, will be putting as much pressure as they can to get some of the "GFITW" in to the ground. 

Just now, The Treasurer said:

You can guarantee that sellik, via their media and league lapdogs, will be putting as much pressure as they can to get some of the "GFITW" in to the ground. 

If just one of these  mhanks gets in and there is circa 7k season ticket holders locked out there will be a riot .

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Surely that would only apply if there were different levels, but there isn’t.

All of Scotland is at Level zero.

Can’t be arsed checking but I think level 0 allows for 2000 spectators and there is room for negotiation. 

Can’t be arsed checking but I think level 0 allows for 2000 spectators and there is room for negotiation. 

Rings a bell, mate. Back to the councils I suppose.

To me, to you !!

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Rings a bell, mate. Back to the councils I suppose.

To me, to you !!

Load of shite eh? Relying on Edinburgh council to make important decisions. What could possibly go wrong? 😂

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Load of shite eh? Relying on Edinburgh council to make important decisions. What could possibly go wrong? 😂

Lanarkshire Council seem to have agreed 50% for Saturday’s game.

No wonder people are still confused about rules around COVID.

Mental indeed, mate.

Edit: Sunday.

Edited by Boab

Just now, Boab said:

Mental indeed, mate.

A scattergun approach with no consistency across councils just leads to more confusion and anger.

Just now, Boab said:

Mental indeed, mate.

The rules are just confused and unmanageable now. It’s time for them to stop altogether imo. People can still do things individually, like avoid crowds, wear masks etc. if it makes them feel safe but enough is enough now. 

Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

A scattergun approach with no consistency across councils just leads to more confusion and anger.

Anyone who has been in that cow shed at Fir Park knows that even half full it’s a series of doors and passages.

2K ?

😂

The Real Maroonblood

The rules are just confused and unmanageable now. It’s time for them to stop altogether imo. People can still do things individually, like avoid crowds, wear masks etc. if it makes them feel safe but enough is enough now. 

👍

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Where was it printed it was the clubs idea ?

Have you seen the application ?

Have you read any of the replies from the council ?

The answer is no to the above but go on and on and on again with your fantasy posts

Honestly some of you are beyond a joke and to think all of this is to save face from a few ill judged posters/fans just leaves you asking questions of the poster not the club

I can see the discussion within the club now.............

Yes Ann we can't get any more fans in because it would look like we are idiots in not only our last application but the previous two as well if we admit we got it wrong......I mean you have such a good name with them you can't be seen as anything other than perfect so lets just pretend and hope it all goes away

Oh and read below seems we are not alone.....another club who just can't get it right if the JKB covid experts are to be believed

St Mirren reveal 'disappointment' at meagre crowd capacity increase for Partick Thistle clash (msn.com)

Pure speculation on your part.  We know for a fact that 1 metre distancing was required for the ICT game.  We know this because the club themselves confirmed this.  We also know this is not a SG or council requirement because Hibs and other clubs allowed grouping and didn’t enforce the 1 metre ruling for all fans.  Clearly the decision to force  a 1 metre rule for all will decrease the possible numbers - only the happiest of happy clappers or simplest of the simpletons would not concede this. 

Not necessarily a cock up by the club - they may have decided this was the easiest way to do things but for you to suggest otherwise is mental.  

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Shanks said no
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I will be mighty pissed off if they pricks are in tynecastle and I’m not.

Given that the home side decide if away supporters can be accommodated, I can think of absolutely no reason / justification for given them a single ticket until all season ticket holders who have entered the ballot are allowed to go.

It would be off the scale madness from Hearts to do this.

Prince Buaben

Not clicking the link but it is surly nonsense. There is no rule about away fans being a %. 

Hearts dictate if they can accommodate away fans. Motherwell have a smaller ST base so can allow away fans in.

If Hearts were able to accommodate say only 6k next Saturday and an away fan was allowed in over a season ticket holder then they have shot themselves in the foot and there will be a meltdown. 

Just now, Prince Buaben said:

Not clicking the link but it is surly nonsense. There is no rule about away fans being a %. 

Hearts dictate if they can accommodate away fans. Motherwell have a smaller ST base so can allow away fans in.

If Hearts were able to accommodate say only 6k next Saturday and an away fan was allowed in over a season ticket holder then they have shot themselves in the foot and there will be a meltdown. 

I agree but the argument extends further than season ticket holders. Plenty non S.T. Hearts fans would want to go as well and should be given priority over those smelly scumbags. 

Prince Buaben
Just now, GinRummy said:

I agree but the argument extends further than season ticket holders. Plenty non S.T. Hearts fans would want to go as well and should be given priority over those smelly scumbags. 

Aye of course home fans should be serviced first. Although at some point you probably need to let away fans back as you could argue that point for the whole stadium when its full houses.

Wont be anywhere near 10k on Saturday mind.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

You’re making a complete tit of yourself, give it a rest ffs!

Let’s try and keep this simple shall we?  Despite your obvious desire to blame this on politicians,  there is NO SG requirement to enforce 1 metre distancing amongst all fans.  I know you want to come across all Ann Budge and defend the club at all costs but surely even you can concede this?

We know each club has a responsibility to put an application into the council as to how they are going to implement a plan to ensure fan safety and that they comply with Covid protocols.  We also know that clubs are doing this differently.   Yes, that’s right, we know that, it’s not speculation - for example we know that Hearts and St Mirren have so far applied the 1 metre distancing right across the board with no exceptions and we know that Hibs and others are allowing groups of fans, like family members from same household to sit together (which the SG allows).  It doesn’t take a rocket science to work out that option B there will allow more fans to attend but equally doesn’t mean that Hearts or St Mitren have misinterpreted SG guidelines and may have been a conscious decision they took (but it would be good if the club cloud clear this up). 

Just now, Prince Buaben said:

Aye of course home fans should be serviced first. Although at some point you probably need to let away fans back as you could argue that point for the whole stadium when its full houses.

Wont be anywhere near 10k on Saturday mind.

Yeah, bit of a daft point from me. Was more meaning if we got a bit more fans in but still not near capacity. 

Prince Buaben
Just now, GinRummy said:

Yeah, bit of a daft point from me. Was more meaning if we got a bit more fans in but still not near capacity. 

its more wishful thinking. Would be a nice gesture to offer it to home fans only if we got a larger capacity 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Prince Buaben said:

its more wishful thinking. Would be a nice gesture to offer it to home fans only if we got a larger capacity 

Doncaster / SPFL silent as usual!  As far as I’m aware the % requirement for away tickets only applies to cup games but there is some rule along the lines of a reasonable amount for away fans in league games.  But bear in mind,  if Hearts are applying the same rule of 1 metre distancing for all fans, with no family groups, etc, that they did to the ICT game, then that rule would have to apply to the away stand too so can’t see many Celtic fans. Hopefully we can shove 2 fingers up to Celtic though and offer them none!

simplesimon

If we get 4000, how many will be hospitalitg or Healts and Celtic club staff and board members?  Could be less than 3k for season ticket holders.

Prince Buaben
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Doncaster / SPFL silent as usual!  As far as I’m aware the % requirement for away tickets only applies to cup games but there is some rule along the lines of a reasonable amount for away fans in league games.  But bear in mind,  if Hearts are applying the same rule of 1 metre distancing for all fans, with no family groups, etc, that they did to the ICT game, then that rule would have to apply to the away stand too so can’t see many Celtic fans. Hopefully we can shove 2 fingers up to Celtic though and offer them none!

Yeah % is cup games only but given we have just played 4  cup games its not being enforced. Livi put out something saying that Rangers arent given away fans so id imagine we will be the same as whatever we get on Saturday wont be enough to accommodate all home fans first.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

No. Home only.

And the post above you just confirmed that Rangers are giving Livi no tickets so surely we can do the same to Celtic?!  

Prince Buaben
6 minutes ago, simplesimon said:

If we get 4000, how many will be hospitality or Healts and Celtic club staff and board members?  Could be less than 3k for season ticket holders.

Wouldn't imagine 1000k club staff and board members. Access to Hospitality suites has been sold to match ticket holders only so wont imagine packages will be sold.

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Thank you. Wasn’t aware of that. 👍

Unfortunately the angry poster didn't tell you the source of the text he posted. It isn't from a Government guidance document it is from a BBC article. The article has now been updated but initially had a number of obvious errors in it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57861489

While the angry poster throws tantrums about Government and council officials wanting to control our lives, he still hasn't offered any plausible explanation for why the difference between how they are treating Hearts and Hibs. Maybe their desire to control people's lives is limited to Hearts fans. Maybe Scottish Government and Edinburgh Council has been infiltrated by a secret network of Hibs fans who now run the country in a  anti-Hearts conspiracy. Or maybe the poster is best ignored as he isn't actually adding anything to the discussion other than anger.

We'll find out this week what the approved attendance is. Just a case of keeping fingers crossed until then that we've managed to get approval for a higher number. I'm not putting too much weight on a story in the Sun, especially as it seems to think there is a prospect of away fans at Saturday's game. You just need to look at the BBC gossip page to remind yourself that the papers are in the business of filling their papers with any old nonsense about the Old Firm.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Unfortunately the angry poster didn't tell you the source of the text he posted. It isn't from a Government guidance document it is from a BBC article. The article has now been updated but initially had a number of obvious errors in it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57861489

While the angry poster throws tantrums about Government and council officials wanting to control our lives, he still hasn't offered any plausible explanation for why the difference between how they are treating Hearts and Hibs. Maybe their desire to control people's lives is limited to Hearts fans. Maybe Scottish Government and Edinburgh Council has been infiltrated by a secret network of Hibs fans who now run the country in a  anti-Hearts conspiracy. Or maybe the poster is best ignored as he isn't actually adding anything to the discussion other than anger.

We'll find out this week what the approved attendance is. Just a case of keeping fingers crossed until then that we've managed to get approval for a higher number. I'm not putting too much weight on a story in the Sun, especially as it seems to think there is a prospect of away fans at Saturday's game. You just need to look at the BBC gossip page to remind yourself that the papers are in the business of filling their papers with any old nonsense about the Old Firm.

🤣🤣 Brilliant!   I await Mr Angry’s response with interest, I’m sure it will be a belter as usual!

Whatever the figure is for the capacity on Saturday evening, there are going to be an awful lot of disappointed ST holders. It will be an absolute farce if Celtic get tickets for their fans & lots of us won’t get a ticket due to restrictions. The only crumb of comfort is that we’ll all have chances to get tickets as the season progresses. I was speaking to a couple of folk over the last few days that run buses to Ibrox & parkhead. They tell me that their supporters bodies & club reps are saying that they’ve been told that their stadiums will be at near capacity later on in august. How much truth there is in that, I don’t know, but for the same answer to come from 2 different supporters groups there must have been some sort of communication between the clubs, govt & supporters groups. Hopefully it won’t be too long before we can all get back to tynecastle & back the team. 

There is absolutely no suggestion of any hooped demons there on Saturday. Think this chat needs curtailed. It won’t happen.

If season tickets are locked out and celtic fans are allowed in its farcical. The club will only go on to alienate a discontented arm of the support even further.

I'm a season ticket holder, I'd like a ticket but don't expect it. Like many of us on here. But if season ticket holders are locked our and celtic fans given seats that could have ensured more fans who bought and paid for season tickets then to me it's literally taking the rip out of the majority of season ticket holders who will be locked out anyway. If its fellow hearts fans fair enough but if its celtic fans it's an utter disgrace. Hoping it's just paper talk 

Am I right in thinking there shouldn't be a solitary Celtic supporter in the ground other than Celtic officials and the match officials?

Saint Jambo
21 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

Whatever the figure is for the capacity on Saturday evening, there are going to be an awful lot of disappointed ST holders. It will be an absolute farce if Celtic get tickets for their fans & lots of us won’t get a ticket due to restrictions. The only crumb of comfort is that we’ll all have chances to get tickets as the season progresses. I was speaking to a couple of folk over the last few days that run buses to Ibrox & parkhead. They tell me that their supporters bodies & club reps are saying that they’ve been told that their stadiums will be at near capacity later on in august. How much truth there is in that, I don’t know, but for the same answer to come from 2 different supporters groups there must have been some sort of communication between the clubs, govt & supporters groups. Hopefully it won’t be too long before we can all get back to tynecastle & back the team. 

The two different OF supporters groups might both just have listened to any Scottish Government update in the last month when they have said they plan to move beyond level 0 and lift restrictions from 9th August. We should get confirmation of that (or not if things take a significant turn for the worse) a week on tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The two different OF supporters groups might both just have listened to any Scottish Government update in the last month when they have said they plan to move beyond level 0 and lift restrictions from 9th August. We should get confirmation of that (or not if things take a significant turn for the worse) a week on tomorrow.

Apparently, and I have no reason to disbelieve either of them, the supporter groups have met with their clubs official liaison officers. The guy who runs the Celtic supporters bus claimed that they are looking to have a full ground at either their 2nd or 3rd home league match this season & the rangers supporter told me that they’ve been assured that ibrox will be full before or for the first old firm game of the season in late august. We can only hope that all grounds, especially tynecastle,  will be open by then with of course safety measures in place. I suppose the final say will come down to the Scottish government & the spfl though. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Match ticket ballot ( updated )