Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

been here before
18 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not on my account. I have 102, the oldest dating back to May 2018. I have 3 STs on mines. System clearly doesn't work.

Aye, Ive just checked and my last 4 are still on :lol:

18/19, 19/20, 20/21 and this year.

Seems its the same for everyone though so no big deal.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

davemclaren
45 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Those who deffered their STs from last season have gotten 40 loyalty points for the price of 20. These things matter when it comes to away Derby and OF tickets. Loyalty points last 2 years I believe before expiring.

That doesn’t seem right. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I noticed that a couple of folk have been removed from my 'network'. I can understand my cousin's account has maybe been made dormant as he's not had a ticket for a good while (lives down south) but they have removed my mate's stepdaughters account even though she was still getting tickets added before lockdown.  Easy enough to re-add I guess, just a bit weird.

I noticed that as well. Maybe did it as they weren’t in the ballot? 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Biko said:

Actually would expect to get one having missed out this time, 4535 for Saturday and expecting at least 6047 forthe Aberdeen one so given what hs been said by the club those not getting a ticket this time should get one.

Who wants an Aberdeen ticket when, if it remains at 6,000, the folk who got a ticket for Celtic will take priority in another Cat A match? (Hibs on Sep 12)

Feels like they’ve shifted the goalposts (or I’ve misunderstood) on the whole full stadium after Aug 9th stuff. 

maroondevo52
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I noticed that as well. Maybe did it as they weren’t in the ballot? 🤷‍♂️

My son is still in my ‘network’ but hasn’t had a season ticket for a couple of years.

The Motherwell thing really grates though, 6500 in a 13600 capacity, including 2100 weeteamers in a 4500 stand. So 4400 Well fans in 9100 seats, we have roughly the same amount in 20000 seats!

2 minutes ago, jambodan1998 said:

Do you need to print the tickets off or will they get sent out?

Posted. Ours arrived this morning. As in LCup games, names on individual tickets

Just now, ericb said:

The Motherwell thing really grates though, 6500 in a 13600 capacity, including 2100 weeteamers in a 4500 stand. So 4400 Well fans in 9100 seats, we have roughly the same amount in 20000 seats!

It’s sickening 

14 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye, Ive just checked and my last 4 are still on :lol:

18/19, 19/20, 20/21 and this year.

Seems its the same for everyone though so no big deal.

Aye, except those who differed their ST to this year and have 20 free points now for what appears to be at least the next 3 years!

4 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Who wants an Aberdeen ticket when, if it remains at 6,000, the folk who got a ticket for Celtic will take priority in another Cat A match? (Hibs on Sep 12)

Feels like they’ve shifted the goalposts (or I’ve misunderstood) on the whole full stadium after Aug 9th stuff. 

Would hope that if numbers are limited then after 2 games and everyone that wanted got at least one game then it should be reset for the Hibs game with a everone having an equal chance.

been here before
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Aye, except those who differed their ST to this year and have 20 free points now for what appears to be at least the next 3 years!

Whats the club saying about it?

Rogue Daddy

I've noticed that most fans getting tickets seem to be part of multiple applications ie. 2,3 or 4 tickets. Are there any 'single' (as in 1 ticket required) ballot applications that received their ticket? Clutching at straws I know... I've also lost my 1 'network' person 🤷‍♂️

Needless to say, I've not got one... better get one for the sheep or I'll no be happy!!!

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, ericb said:

Wait for a week and you're watching 90k in Wembley for the Community Shield

Double vaccinations and siting outside...get the fans in ffs

37 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's frustrating that i can't sit in seats right next to my kids but Mrs Budge can sit right next to her husband in the director's box! One rule for them and another for us

I felt the same but when it actually came to the game I sat next to the wife & kids no problem. If a steward tries to say anything I’d refer them to their supervisor who should be aware they have been in instruct not to break up obvious families sitting together.  

Edited by Dazo

9 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

By the time of the Hibs game I’m certain the capacity will be enough to cover all season ticket holders

probably a few away fans too

50 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

maybe the ballot is weighted towards Platinum STH as opposed to silver etc or maybe it's a straight forward 50/50 split of all STH''s or maybe a 50/50 split per each category. It would be good to know.

Not in my case it wasn't, as I've not got a ticket.

49 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So there has been no confirmation from either Hearts or the council that Hearts not applying for bubbles up to 15 would not have resulted in an increase in the capacity granted by the council.  This is just a guess on your part that you’re trying to pass it on as fact.

You say that the council has pretty much treated both Hearts and Hibs the same but again, unless you are party to both clubs’ applications and subsequent correspondence with the council, this is another guess.

Let’s look at what we know as facts.  We know that Hearts put in an application with every fan 1 metre distanced.  I don’t know about Hibs but you and others have stated they applied for groups to sit together.  I’ll assume that’s correct.

We know that the council has agreed a safety figure for Tynecastle of around 6k and that this had to be built up gradually.  The first game after the application was at 50% for the ICT game so around 3k.  The next game against Celtic goes up to 75% so it is around 4.5k and if no further changes in restrictions then against Aberdeen it goes up to the 100% figure of around 6k.  Hearts confirmed this in their statement.

What do we know about Hibs though? All I know is that the first and only game they have played since applying for an increased capacity was their European game.  They went straight to a figure of 4.7k, there was no 3k for their first game so the two have not, despite what you say, been treated the same by Edinburgh Council.

So, I don’t know and I’m guessing you don’t know either, whether that 4.7k figure that Hibs were allowed was their 50% figure (which would mean the council have agreed a significantly higher figure of around 9.4k for them) or was them straight in at 75%?

Best not to jump to conclusions - perhaps the FOI request from the council will shed more light on this or perhaps someone will be able confirm what Hibs have had agreed (apologies if I have missed this anywhere). 

That’s fair it’s not a fact it’s my opinion but thats a lot of words and guessing just to blame the club. I won’t apologise for not instantly blaming the club when something doesn’t go the fans way. As it stands hearts, hibs and Edinburgh city appear to be getting treated the same. Im willing to give the club the benefit of doubt they tried to get as many in as they could. On that note we have done this to death now so continue your crusade looking for something the club done wrong. 

Clark Griswold

Have any tickets been added to anyone this morning at all, or am I clutching at straws?

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

That’s fair it’s not a fact it’s my opinion but thats a lot of words and guessing just to blame the club. I won’t apologise for not instantly blaming the club when something doesn’t go the fans way. As it stands hearts, hibs and Edinburgh city appear to be getting treated the same. Im willing to give the club the benefit of doubt they tried to get as many in as they could. On that note we have done this to death now so continue your crusade looking for something the club done wrong. 

It would help if the club improved its communication with the fans.... The statement issued last night only came in response to concerns expressed by fans.  It was pretty obvious fans wouldn't be happy and a proactive rather than a reactive statement was the smart thing to do.

Edited by McCrae

53 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Out of interest, what makes you think you are "almost certain" to get a ticket for the sheep game.

Expectation of getting 6,000+ punters in for that game assuming the successful candidates this time round go to the back of the queue

Just now, McCrae said:

It would help if the club improved its communication with the fans.... The statement issued last night only came in response to concerns expressed by fans.  It was pretty obvious fans wouldn't be happy and a proactive rather than a reactive statement was the smart thing to do,

Probably aye it could be but maybe they assumed the fans would know the club was doing all it can to get fans in. 

I see Jim Goodwin is calling on the clubs to get together to stand up to the Scottish government regarding crowds. I think it shows where the problem is. I can’t think of a single reason a home team wouldn’t want all their fans into the  ground. 

StevenNaismith
5 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Have any tickets been added to anyone this morning at all, or am I clutching at straws?

Clutching. They were all posted out yesterday.

Rogue Daddy
6 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Clutching... same as me 😔

26 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Its a fair point. I am able to make the Celtic and Hibs games but not Aberdeen but what will most likely happen is I'll only get a ticket for the one I can't attend!

9 minutes ago, Biko said:

Would hope that if numbers are limited then after 2 games and everyone that wanted got at least one game then it should be reset for the Hibs game with a everone having an equal chance.

Personally, I’d rather it was done in categories. Have another all in for Aberdeen and guarantee anyone who missed out on Celtic a ticket for Hibs. 
As @jbee647rightly points out, my concern may be irrelevant by 12th September but I don’t have enough faith in the club, council or government to be convinced that it will be. 
A huge amount of people I’ve spoken to that have missed out go everywhere home and away and if, come the end of September they’ve missed Celtic and Hibs in favour of Aberdeen and Livingston, this will severely test their (our) loyalty. 
Can’t believe I’ve read on this thread that a lass who plays for and has captained Hearts Women and has previously worked for the club, has also missed out on Saturday. Maybe they’re trying too hard to be “fair” with this ballot?

Selkirkhmfc1874
45 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

My son complained about this exact scenario and AB replied personally to his email stating this was not the case and that the stewards have been told not to approach obvious family members sitting together.

15858400-95CF-4FE0-BFFD-4AF9EFFBDA66.jpeg

Thank you very much for that ! Do you mind if i take copy of this incase a steward approaches me at game ?

Rogue Daddy

...I'm actually wondering if ballot applications are better for more than 1 person. ie. if you're trying to get 2,3 or 4 tickets in the ballot - you actually have 2,3 or 4 times more chance as somebody applying for 1.

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Match ticket arrived in the post this morning. 

Great service from the TO 

:( 

7 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Personally, I’d rather it was done in categories. Have another all in for Aberdeen and guarantee anyone who missed out on Celtic a ticket for Hibs. 
As @jbee647rightly points out, my concern may be irrelevant by 12th September but I don’t have enough faith in the club, council or government to be convinced that it will be. 
A huge amount of people I’ve spoken to that have missed out go everywhere home and away and if, come the end of September they’ve missed Celtic and Hibs in favour of Aberdeen and Livingston, this will severely test their (our) loyalty. 
Can’t believe I’ve read on this thread that a lass who plays for and has captained Hearts Women and has previously worked for the club, has also missed out on Saturday. Maybe they’re trying too hard to be “fair” with this ballot?

I’m not sure there is anything fairer than a ballot though but the very nature of it means there will always be people missing out who probably don’t deserve to. I guess you could completely discount those who won the first time from the 2nd but again there are so many variables to who can and can’t attend each game. It’s pretty shit all round but we all knew we may not get to see any games before the season started. 

Edited by Dazo

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...I'm actually wondering if ballot applications are better for more than 1 person. ie. if you're trying to get 2,3 or 4 tickets in the ballot - you actually have 2,3 or 4 times more chance as somebody applying for 1.

Could be, I only applied for 1 and did not get it, my mate applied for 4 and was successful. Not sure if it makes any difference mind you ,but it does make you wonder....🤷‍♂️

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Easy enough to jump on the let’s blame the Council bandwagon without knowing the facts though which you did.  And if you read back my post I think you’ll find I didn’t blame anyone and suggested it’s better not to jump to conclusions. 

As I pointed out, Hearts and Hibs have not been treated the same - Hearts first game post application for an increased crowd allowed 3k, for Hibs first and only game at ER it was 4.7k, considerably higher.

As you say, probably best to leave it at that - your last post was probably as close to an admission that you could be wrong as we’re going to get.  

Rogue Daddy
Just now, micole said:

Could be, I only applied for 1 and did not get it, my mate applied for 4 and was successful. Not sure if it makes any difference mind you ,but it does make you wonder....🤷‍♂️

Well, if you think about it - your pal only needs 1 of the 4 STs (ie. he has 4 horses in the race, but only needs 1) drawn out 'of the hat' and bingo, gets his tickets.. you an me, on the other hand only have 1 chance. All comes down to how it's drawn/administered.

davemclaren
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Well, if you think about it - your pal only needs 1 of the 4 STs (ie. he has 4 horses in the race, but only needs 1) drawn out 'of the hat' and bingo, gets his tickets.. you an me, on the other hand only have 1 chance. All comes down to how it's drawn/administered.

I don’t think that’s how it will be done. However none of us has the details around the draw process. 

crunchy frog

Looks like I'm bumped for the Celtic game too. Shame, as I would have enjoyed being there without 3000 of those reptiles ruining my day but will watch with interest from the hoose with a couple of tins 👍

10 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Intereresting  theory.  I am another   "3 time  failure"  and  only  made application  for  myself.

Again  an area  which  the Club might like  to clarify .

1 minute ago, crunchy frog said:

Looks like I'm bumped for the Celtic game too. Shame, as I would have enjoyed being there without 3000 of those reptiles ruining my day but will watch with interest from the hoose with a couple of tins 👍

Yup not having that pond life at Tynie every cloud and all that 😁.......like you I will watch it in the hoose with a nice malt.

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

How many tickets did you apply for?

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’m not sure there is anything fairer than a ballot though but the very nature of it means there will always be people missing out who probably don’t deserve to. I guess you could completely discount those who won the first time from the 2nd but again there are so many variables to who can and can’t attend each game. It’s pretty shit all round but we all knew we may not get to see any games before the season started. 

I have missed out on a Celtic ticket, and if I miss out against Aberdeen, assuming there is a ballot, while others get to go to both the the Celtic and Aberdeen matches, then this would be grossly unfair. The only fair way to do it is to give tickets to all those who have missed out against Celtic, with any left over distributed to Celtic ticket holders by ballot. When Hearts said there would be a weighted ballot system this is how I imagined it would work, but as is often the case my idea of fairness may well not be everyone's and the club may have other ideas?  

3 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Resigned to watching in the house myself now 🙁. I'm normally pissed by 8pm on a Saturday so I'm starting to think it's just as well.

9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

There are category A games and category B games and might even be category C games. This mess up (not allowed to use the expression I want to 😁) will be compounded if everyone who attends Celtic also gets a Hibs ticket. If it’s reset, then those who missed out on Celtic should be prioritised for Hibs. 
Give the successful Celtic applicants the Livi game and give the other 6,000 the Aberdeen and Hibs. 

The whole thing is frustrating me to the point it makes me angry! And that is someone who has a ticket for Saturday. It's a total shambles from the crowd size to not having any catering open. A disgrace when you look at the rugby a few weeks ago with beer being served and a bigger percentage of the ground being open. 

Just now, henryheart said:

I have missed out on a Celtic ticket, and if I miss out against Aberdeen, assuming there is a ballot, while others get to go to both the the Celtic and Aberdeen matches, then this would be grossly unfair. The only fair way to do it is to give tickets to all those who have missed out against Celtic, with any left over distributed to Celtic ticket holders by ballot. When Hearts said there would be a weighted ballot system this is how I imagined it would work, but as is often the case my idea of fairness may well not be everyone's and the club may have other ideas?  

What you are saying is reasonable. I guess the issue is winning the ballot for a game you can’t attend but missing out for one you can. Seems like it won’t be an issue in England so the issue isn’t with the clubs.  

Clark Griswold

I've applied for 2 tickets for all 3 ballots so far. Was successful in the first 2 ballots, but not this one it appears.

5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

There are category A games and category B games and might even be category C games. This mess up (not allowed to use the expression I want to 😁) will be compounded if everyone who attends Celtic also gets a Hibs ticket. If it’s reset, then those who missed out on Celtic should be prioritised for Hibs. 
Give the successful Celtic applicants the Livi game and give the other 6,000 the Aberdeen and Hibs. 

I think if anything even ignoring the wet pant crowd, hibs ***** and trolls this thread proves there isn’t a system to suit. Some people will always miss out. The problem is the Scottish government’s restrictions. 

Edit: 

Post above proves my point. We have people in the ballot who can’t make it ffs. This isn’t a go at that poster but it shows the problem we are facing. 

Edited by Dazo

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

My son complained about this exact scenario and AB replied personally to his email stating this was not the case and that the stewards have been told not to approach obvious family members sitting together.

15858400-95CF-4FE0-BFFD-4AF9EFFBDA66.jpeg

13 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Stadium-guidelines-544x1024.jpg

I rarely post but taking the quoted posts, it's looking like all of Tynecastle is being treated as indoors with 1m distancing applying. Are they really saying that sitting in a seat in the stand is indoors and 1m applies?

crunchy frog
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Resigned to watching in the house myself now 🙁. I'm normally pissed by 8pm on a Saturday so I'm starting to think it's just as well.

I had to laugh at this post on kerrygold street the other day 😀

Screenshot_20210726-214336_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Got an adult and child ticket going spare. We can't go as we are in Newcastle this weekend. PM

Sent you a PM