Away kit

Diadora Van Basten

I’m. It too bothered either way, compared to some of the monstrous efforts some clubs have it’s alright. 
But at the end of the day I’m in my 50’s so not the target audience for sales. 

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• PhoenixHearts

• Cruyff

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

Do you not maybe think people are moaning because they'd actually like to buy it and give the club money? But you're not going to buy something that you don't like are you?

Also, this is a football forum, what's the issue with offering opinions on our new kits? It's not that serious!

Some just moan about everything ! As a say if don't like it don't buy it , seriously some just like to moan moan moan

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

What on earth is the always Hearts plastered on their for? Absolutely bizzare, surely give MND more space.

Next year we will have Live. Laugh. Love plastered on the home kit.

🤣

28 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Just another thing for some to mump about ! Don't like it don't buy it simples

Bit of a silly post. Most people wouldn't buy it even if they did like it, that's not really the point. 

Last seasons turquoise effort was a teeeible hearts kit, I can't believe they have gone for such a rancid colour again. 

The logo is just naff, regardless off how great Dave Mackay was and does not really pay tribute to him. 

Austin MacGlee
8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Some just moan about everything ! As a say if don't like it don't buy it , seriously some just like to moan moan moan

You're moaning about people moaning. Don't like it, don't comment moaning about it? Moan, moan, moan.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, mre said:

Bit of a silly post. Most people wouldn't buy it even if they did like it, that's not really the point. 

Last seasons turquoise effort was a teeeible hearts kit, I can't believe they have gone for such a rancid colour again. 

The logo is just naff, regardless off how great Dave Mackay was and does not really pay tribute to him. 

That's your opinion ! What interests me more is when the team wear it they win but fully grown adults mumping about a football strip is cringe

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's your opinion ! What interests me more is when the team wear it they win but fully grown adults mumping about a football strip is cringe

Righto

Diadora Van Basten

Even if they had kept the font similar to the sign on the tunnel it would look better rather than going for a baseball type.

930C6D24-2939-4B9A-AC3D-590A59C7EDE5.jpeg

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Even if they had kept the font similar to the sign on the tunnel it would look better rather than going for a baseball type.

930C6D24-2939-4B9A-AC3D-590A59C7EDE5.jpeg

I think the sign would look better with the full quote attributed to Dave Mackay along the white space at the top.

Hectormasson
8 minutes ago, mre said:

Sweet fa to do with hearts these awful colours,   white away strip with maroon collar,  maroon trim on white shorts and white socks ? Sufficient enough???

16 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Do you not maybe think people are moaning because they'd actually like to buy it and give the club money? But you're not going to buy something that you don't like are you?

Also, this is a football forum, what's the issue with offering opinions on our new kits? It's not that serious!

Spot on.

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Sweet fa to do with hearts these awful colours,   white away strip with maroon collar,  maroon trim on white shorts and white socks ? Sufficient enough???

Yep, that for me - or the Candy Stripe.

20 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

It's also alot to do with the fact this is what we will be watching the players in. For me I like to watch Hearts play in maroon, and white when we are away. Love the occasional 3rd kit outing, and think we look fantastic in this seasons 3rd kit.

I do not enjoy watching Hearts in light blue kits. 

No longer active

I think it is true what they say about folk loving to whinge about everything.

Its a lighter strip that doesn't clash with the maroon one - job done.

Its got a Hearts badge on it; its pretty plain looking even with the marled pattern - that should please some traditionalists. I don't think the logo ruins it, but it is probably not needed.

What colours go well with maroon ? Light blue, white, yellow, pink and silver - so it will look decent wearing maroon shorts!

If we were in Europe then we would probably have to wear light blue shorts with it (or white); we don't have to.

The Future's Maroon

I never really bother about our strips, only ever get the home one for fives.

For me that is a shocker and could well be our worst selling away kit!

Some will like it though and that’s up to them (Kids might really like it now I think about it)

Looks like a ***** pad sponsor. 

Better if we'd paid tribute to robbo and just gone for "fat striker*. 

We would be pi55ing ourselves if hobos had launched this. 

81nzSHTMGsL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

Only Hearts would have been better, marginally

Not a dig at you but other comments about the words:

Always Hearts - a Dave Mackay quote. None of you know your Hearts history?

Only Hearts - last seasons hashtag the club started then pissed all over by loaning Bobby to St Mirren.

Rocky jamboa

The top itself is OK but don't like the always hearts banner. I wonder if you can buy it without that on it. Looks cheap and tacky. 

"Always Hearts" lost its appeal when the club loaned Bobby to help out St lie down. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Understand the comments about the logo. It’s a good top for kids IMO. 

I don’t mind the colour. I wouldn’t call it baby blue. The strip generally is ok.

It will have people talking anyway.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

would rather just use the 3rd top as the away top IMO

3rd used as an away and the black 3rd from few season ago use that as a 3rd it was used like 3 times . 

12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Not a dig at you but other comments about the words:

Always Hearts - a Dave Mackay quote. None of you know your Hearts history?

Only Hearts - last seasons hashtag the club started then pissed all over by loaning Bobby to St Mirren.

Always Hearts is of course better, precisely because it's the Dave Mackay quote but with the club using Only Hearts so recently it's a bit confusing.

Always Hearts would have been better for them to use all along imo.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

3rd used as an away and the black 3rd from few season ago use that as a 3rd it was used like 3 times . 

I think we need a lighter colour for Ross County and Dundee away. The black strip wasn’t used enough no doubt about that. 

This thread is comedy gold, some amount of dafties in one place .

If you don't like this strip there's another 2 to pick from , if you don't like either of those 2 , tough , by a training top and so on and so forth .

Prob aimed at our younger supporters,  I know I would have loved a Hearts kit with Always Hearts on it when I was a lad .

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Is it wrong to say it looks a bit girly?  

Yeah, effeminate would be a better term. 

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

This thread is comedy gold, some amount of dafties in one place .

If you don't like this strip there's another 2 to pick from , if you don't like either of those 2 , tough , by a training top and so on and so forth .

Prob aimed at our younger supporters,  I know I would have loved a Hearts kit with Always Hearts on it when I was a lad .

Are they dafties because they don't like the kit, or because they're sharing that they don't like it on a thread purely for discussion about said kit?

Out of interest, do you have an opinion on it or only an opinion on other people's opinion on it?

A poor top made worse by the god awful logo.  

I appreciate it is a Dave Mackay quote, but it looks like a Primark top.  

We could have quoted him more subtlety, and got a proper sponsor, or have the MND Scotland logo, like the home top. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't mind it but it does look like we tried for a sponsor and missed out, so we filled it with something else.

Rocky jamboa

The MND sponsorship is very honourable and I don't understand why they didn't put it on the away jersey as well. Better than always Hearts! However, I wonder if we are losing out financially by not having a more commercial sponsor.

I like the top but agree the logo is a bit cringey. Can’t say it bothers me as much as others on this thread though 🤷🏻‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah, effeminate would be a better term. 

Take a wild guess about my thoughts on it, Pasquale. 😄

Like it for the simple reason it can be worn as a T Shirt type

It's simple and straightforward with a touch of the casual look

There have been 2 more formal tops made this season and time for something just a little bit different

Oh and they could have had a sponsor but chose not to and how anyone can blame the club for that just staggers me.

The majority of tops are not made for the JKB posters but for the younger fans and this is aimed at that market....nothing wrong with our sponsor but it's nice to allow people to wear something more club orientated

PS this would be a top you can wear on holiday due to it's more casual look

Edited by CJGJ

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I'm glad someone else knows the club's history.

it doesn’t matter who said it, you don’t write it on the front of a football top, maybe a wee bit under the collar or on the back is fine - looks ****ing shite..

kingantti1874

Golden rule of football strips - never write your own name on the front. Should just have given MND the space for free. 

same applied when they ruined the 14/15 away with a massive FOH badge in the front. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

it doesn’t matter who said it, you don’t write it on the front of a football top, maybe a wee bit under the collar or on the back is fine - looks ****ing shite..

Exactly. I know the clubs history perfectly well, I knew it was a Dave Mackay quote, but so what? Why have we got a quote on our top, literally never seen that before.  Also, it was a quote from the hardest player to ever wear maroon, why the terrible cartoonish font? 

I like the kit as a whole, just feel that logo is unnecessary. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Golden rule of football strips - never write your own name on the front. Should just have given MND the space for free. 

same applied when they ruined the 14/15 away with a massive FOH badge in the front. 

I would agree with this. The badge looks smart as well

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Lack of fan consultation.

You wait this long and meh.

Exactly. If they're going to go down this sort of route, where it's a club related shirt rather than a sponsor, why couldn't it have gone to a vote? 

I would love the club to do a couple of designs next year, or even just read Kickback and look at some of the mockups and suggestions that are regularly posted on here to see what people actually want. 

They got it so so right with the Third Kit, but this is a bit of a swing and a miss.  Nice shirt ruined by a shite logo. 

Why is it I can pre-order this new away shirt for when it is ready - but I can't pre-order my kids the home or third shirt?

Why don't the club / shop just state what the issue is, I know it makes little difference but a bit of understanding helps

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Like it for the simple reason it can be worn as a T Shirt type

It's simple and straightforward with a touch of the casual look

There have been 2 more formal tops made this season and time for something just a little bit different

Oh and they could have had a sponsor but chose not to and how anyone can blame the club for that just staggers me.

The majority of tops are not made for the JKB posters but for the younger fans and this is aimed at that market....nothing wrong with our sponsor but it's nice to allow people to wear something more club orientated

PS this would be a top you can wear on holiday due to it's more casual look

same as last seasons away which sold terribly.  We can blame the club as, despite the view of a tiny minority, the sponsor looks unbelievably bad and will 100% cost sales again.  

There is a reason the teams don’t plaster there own name in a horrible font all over the front of a kit.   

Our marketing guys really need a shake,they don’t have a clue

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, martoon said:

Take a wild guess about my thoughts on it, Pasquale. 😄

Hahahahaha, slightly better than last seasons I reckon 😆

Bazzas right boot

Seems like at least 1 of the strips will always  have a slightly feminine / kiddy look to it. 

Makes sense, Gone are the days when it was only blokes who bought and wore Strips. 

I'm not a fan of this one, but I like the 3rd and home kits. 

Having a broad appeal and hitting more than one demographic is the way now. 

Makes sense commercially, if having 3 kits to vary their look and appeal. 

Bunny Munro

As others have said, the Always Hearts is dreadful.

I actually like the design and think it needs something in the middle. So offer it to Dell (even if it's for free, we're making nothing now).

For MND we'd probably have to make a contribution for each strip (I'm happy with the of the club are).

Or even have the Big Hearts charity logo.