Away kit

Diadora Van Basten

I just can’t understand how and why we (whoever that is) get something so simple, so badly wrong. How difficult can it be to take your team’s colours and reverse them!!!!! Madness. 

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• PhoenixHearts

• Cruyff

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Seems like at least 1 of the strips will always  have a slightly feminine / kiddy look to it. 

Makes sense, Gone are the days when it was only blokes who bought and wore Strips. 

I'm not a fan of this one, but I like the 3rd and home kits. 

Having a broad appeal and hitting more than one demographic is the way now. 

Makes sense commercially, if having 3 kits to vary their look and appeal. 

It never makes sense to have a kit that will appeal to virtually no one by plastering some tacky slogan on the front of it. 

If there were no slogan at all or it was replaces with MND I still wouldn’t like it - I’ve no idea why we continue with the turquoise / baby blue nonsense but I’d say meh and move on. 

but there isn’t a human on earth who would go out and buy that becuase they like that slogan.

guarantee by November we are offering it without that just like we did in 2014/15. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

It never makes sense to have a kit that will appeal to virtually no one by plastering some tacky slogan on the front of it. 

If there were no slogan at all or it was replaces with MND I still wouldn’t like it - I’ve no idea why we continue with the turquoise / baby blue nonsense but I’d say meh and move on. 

but there isn’t a human on earth who would go out and buy that becuase they like that slogan.

guarantee by November we are offering it without that just like we did in 2014/15. 

There are already 2 "proper strips". 

I can see lots of kids liking this. 

You can tell by the amount of pink scarves etc that some  folk do like  the non traditional colours. 

I don't like it, but I can see that commercially having 3 strips that all appeal to the same market is not the best thing, so I'm OK with the 3rd or away strip being designed with other markets In mind. 

This is clearly aimed at the younger and female market, as a 40 plus year old male I'll avoid it..... And Likley buy the peach training top!

I bought the blue one last year, love it. 

3 hours ago, Zaba said:

667ABAEA-164F-45CA-AA57-016563CC7024.jpeg

Think that pattern/design would have worked really well in a home top version. WTF is that sponsor!? 

But blue again! Reminds me of the sketch from Family Guy, thinks its the lawyer who turns into tattoo artist, but basically gives people what he wants. It's like Hearts meet with Umbro:

Hearts rep - "we have some really good ideas for our away top, thinking white/grey with maroon accents."

Umbro rep - "we have a surplus of blue dye, we can do it blue with maroon accents." 

Hearts rep - "yeah, we really want a different colour and decided on white/grey."

Umbro rep - "OK, so blue it is then. We've got a good range of blue tones for you to choose from." 

Hearts rep - "we really want away from blue this year". 

Umbro rep - "great, so we are agreed that blue it is!"....... 

In fairness, it is a decent looking top, stupid "Always Hearts" boardroom pandering aside. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There are already 2 "proper strips". 

I can see lots of kids liking this. 

You can tell by the amount of pink scarves etc that some  folk do like  the non traditional colours. 

I don't like it, but I can see that commercially having 3 strips that all appeal to the same market is not the best thing, so I'm OK with the 3rd or away strip being designed with other markets In mind. 

This is clearly aimed at the younger and female market, as a 40 plus year old male I'll avoid it..... And Likley buy the peach training top!

I bought the blue one last year, love it. 

lol.  The “turquoise one was a sales disaster” 

this aside - guarantee it would sell more without the logo which makes a meh kit and turns it into an absolute abortion. 

not only that, ****ing embarrassing watching your team play in this sort of thing. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Got to agree - a little bit of fan engagement would make a real difference in sales I think

Why we don't (I assume we don't, I admit) beats me

Decent shirt - logo is honking and makes little sense. The foundation, yes, MND, yes, Dell, yes, plain shirt - yes.

A big 26 in a heart - yes.

This.. no 🤷‍♂️

That’s pretty crap but I’m not the target demographic. Zico Jnr is however and he doesn’t like it either. Third strip is great though and the home has grown on me.

Based on the last few seasons, I get the impression that Umbro let their YTS kids have a go on MS paint with the away strips while the real designers do the third strips. 

Looks like a jammy top but it's not bad. Would prefer if our third was the away. Don't really like it on its own, looks good with the shorts though.

33 minutes ago, jonesy said:

3314.jpg

That is a thing of beauty to be fair.

Our away kit is like something a young girl would wear to bed.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Who is in charge of designing these monstrosities? 

Someone severely aesthetically challenged perhaps. It's like they have a "worst designs" competition and the winners are the kits. What is with the pointless out of place maroon lines on the shoulders? 

Just look at the cut of nando... He's like get me out of this now ffs. 

Ffs can we play ALL games in 3rd kit please. 

Edited by Rudi5kaceldream1ng

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I'm not particularly bothered either, but the font used is kinda 🤮 

Yeah, not too easy to read. 

Seymour M Hersh

Looking at it on the club website it looks much better than the picture on here. I like the collar and the white and maroon trim. Not sure about the logo though. Might have been better to just not bother with one if they weren't going to use the MND one. 

The ‘sponsor’ is ****ing honking. Who was paid to come up with that :rofl:

I would even rather let wonga sponsor it for free than have that cringe shite on it. 

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah, effeminate would be a better term. 

You're right, effeminate describes it better.  

It's our worse top for a while.  

I get the sentiment, but Always Hearts looks like we are sponsored by a greetings card company.  

I quite like it. I wouldn't buy it for myself but sadly at 37 I'm probably  not the dographic now they are chasing. I would buy if for my daughter but its a decent kit for me

davemclaren
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I'm glad someone else knows the club's history.

I’m quite surprised that a lot of folk don’t seem to know that. 

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m quite surprised that a lot of folk don’t seem to know that. 

Im more surprised you think it isn’t an issue mate. 😂 I don’t know where you begin to explain why so many think it’s crap other than clubs don’t do this for a reason

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Im more surprised you think it isn’t an issue mate. 😂 I don’t know where you begin to explain why so many think it’s crap other than clubs don’t do this for a reason

Oh well, I’ll never know then. 😄

Other than the Hearts branding it's the exact same T Shirt I got for my daughter at mountain warehouse 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Like it for the simple reason it can be worn as a T Shirt type

It's simple and straightforward with a touch of the casual look

There have been 2 more formal tops made this season and time for something just a little bit different

Oh and they could have had a sponsor but chose not to and how anyone can blame the club for that just staggers me.

The majority of tops are not made for the JKB posters but for the younger fans and this is aimed at that market....nothing wrong with our sponsor but it's nice to allow people to wear something more club orientated

PS this would be a top you can wear on holiday due to it's more casual look

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Seems like at least 1 of the strips will always  have a slightly feminine / kiddy look to it. 

Makes sense, Gone are the days when it was only blokes who bought and wore Strips. 

I'm not a fan of this one, but I like the 3rd and home kits. 

Having a broad appeal and hitting more than one demographic is the way now. 

Makes sense commercially, if having 3 kits to vary their look and appeal. 

54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m neither for or against having Always Hearts on a strip. Don’t get the horror around it though. 

All of these…

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

All of these…

it’s pretty simple. If you think it’s fine your taste is in your arse 😂 it’s absolute twee cringe wee team backyard knock off stuff 

Shanks said no

One for the ladies?

image.jpeg.027d1dd1acb9bd9b86c3eb5c5bb01e6a.jpeg

I see @mre is about 2 hrs ahead  of me

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

John Findlay
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

it doesn’t matter who said it, you don’t write it on the front of a football top, maybe a wee bit under the collar or on the back is fine - looks ****ing shite..

In your opinion. It would appear others like the top and disagree with you.

Initial rage aside, and having thought about it for a couple of hours, it's actually not that bad.

Wait until we see it in person, but it's miles better than the last Away shirt.

If only they'd gone for silver/grey marl instead of blue, we could have had an absolute classic on our hands.  Oh well!

1 minute ago, Muppetboy said:

3rd top it is then

The Third Kit is brilliant.  Make sure you go for a size up though, it's quite slim fitting :lol: 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

In your opinion. It would appear others like the top and disagree with you.

Not many but there are always exceptions I suppose .

I’ve seen adult humans wearing crocs in public.  Anyone who thinks this is smart gets filed alongside those roasters for taste in gear. 

Edited by kingantti1874

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Meh,I'm too old now to care about the kit 😂😂 will still buy the kids one.

You must be very small for your age. 🥸

wentworth jambo

JKB User 1 Reverse of home released - "Nae imaginashun...<insert strip provider> are 5hite...everyone oot!"....JKB User 2 : Something slightly different released - "Terrible - why can they no just reverse the home...<insert strip provider> are 5hite...everyone oot!"....hopefully if we lift the Cup in that strip, it doesn't sour the moment for those losing their **** over a football strip

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The Third Kit is brilliant.  Make sure you go for a size up though, it's quite slim fitting :lol: 

👍

davemclaren

I suppose the full quote from Dave Mackay would have taken up too much space. 😄 A wee nod to him though. 

“For as long as I can remember all I wanted in my life, nothing else, was to play for Hearts, which is my dream team. And to play for Scotland. I had no ambition for anything else; always Hearts.”

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Don't get the hate, I like it.

It's fine by me too, stylised but then what isn't these days

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Mollo said:

I think a heart with a 26 in it would have been nice

👍

7 minutes ago, Mollo said:

We definitely missed a trick there, for sure.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

You're right, effeminate describes it better.  

It's our worse top for a while.  

I get the sentiment, but Always Hearts looks like we are sponsored by a greetings card company.  

Spot on, I think the club will be greeting when they see how bad the sales are. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

How you present yourself is a signal of intent. I've probs spent too much time in italia but just look at how the azzurri were kitted out this summer ffs. 

Absolutely sharp as a tack on and off pitch including coaches and performances to match. 

If our performances match our 1st and 2nd kits this season we're looking at bottom 6 ha. 

If they match our 3rd kit we're winning the league haha! 

Edited by Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Wow, just wow. Who is responsible for some of these horrendous tops, or is that a stupid question. This is surely going to bomb spectacularly. A complete waste of time, effort and money for a kids pyjamas top.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Good shout 👍🏽