Away kit

Diadora Van Basten

Diadora Van Basten

Don’t think we have had an away kit thread yet.

I think the last few away kits have been fairly uninspiring and it is likely that this years will be either white or grey as we had blue last year.

I quite liked the Scotland away and think something similar with maroon instead of blue would look good and give us a light colour strip similar to the candy stripe kit of the 80s. 

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• PhoenixHearts

• Cruyff

2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Don’t think we have had an away kit thread yet.

I think the last few away kits have been fairly uninspiring and it is likely that this years will be either white or grey as we had blue last year.

I quite liked the Scotland away and think something similar with maroon instead of blue would look good and give us a light colour strip similar to the candy stripe kit of the 80s. 

This would do.

Umbro Football

sauchiejambo
2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

This would do.

Umbro Football

Oh, dear that is not very nice (in my opinion) , I would not like to see the team in this....

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I like that a lot.

And have a couple of options with this Maroon shorts and socks and Grey shorts and socks. 

Rogue Daddy

This but maroon instead of red, maroon shorts and socks - Standard Liege away kit (thanks to Seymour Hersh on the other 'kit' thread 👍)

top.jpg

Edited by Rogue Daddy

No stripes, splashes, seat belts, sparkles, rainbows, unicorns, squares or any form of nonsense.

Just a white and maroron v neck please.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

No stripes, splashes, seat belts, sparkles, rainbows, unicorns, squares or any form of nonsense.

Just a white and maroron v neck please.

No. That's boring. Hope for another Rosebery to piss you off

BackOfTheNet

Am I the only one thinking if won’t be white given that one of the GK tops are? I’m thinking it’ll be yellow or light blue.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'd like something a bit different. 

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

rainbows

Multi colour away top supporting LGBT+

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Multi colour away top supporting LGBT+

Only a matter of time tbf.

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Am I the only one thinking if won’t be white given that one of the GK tops are? I’m thinking it’ll be yellow or light blue.

Craig had a blue keeper top last season with the blue away top . 

Should of done what Arsenal do have the 3rd top as a keeper top Craig could of wore the black and blue 3rd as a keeper kit 

Pasquale for King

We had maroon shorts on at the weekend so I reckon they will go with the top, likely to be white considering our other two kits. 

PhoenixHearts
28 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We have a yellow GK kit too. Gordon wore it at Peterhead.

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

One of these days 🤞

Has to happen, bud.

The mere mention or suggestion of "sash" seems to frighten some folk.

Making it the away shirt will take away the fear of making it the away shirt.

😊

It's not that kind of sash, anyway.

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Has to happen, bud.

😊

Not for me. It could look very nice but the problem is even though we could just have a sash purely as a design choice, that wouldn't stop people from running away with it and making it into something worse. 

In much the same way we rip into Rangers when they get an orange kit it'll give supports like Celtic and Hibs reason to say "see, we were right they're just mini huns" and it'll make the actual mini huns within our ranks feel somewhat vindicated.

If there's one thing I've never been able to stomach as a Hearts supporter it's people thinking because celtic and hibs are pals that we're somehow supposed to be pals with Rangers.

I can't see it happening either because it seems like the club would really like to distance themselves from that sort of west coast nonsense.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'd wager white. Maroon and blue already, bound to be a lighter strip in the mix. 

BackOfTheNet
33 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

We have a yellow GK kit too. Gordon wore it at Peterhead.

Didn’t realise. Thought we had white and pink.

39 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

No light blue in any part of the away top this year please.

This. Last year's away kit was a sight for sore eyes. Honking. 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

This. Last year's away kit was a sight for sore eyes. Honking. 

Always thought that phrase meant something nice to look at, as in it would make your eyes better.

I agree though, light blue needs to be done with.

Chizmeister

Grey/silver with a blue and maroon band across the chest, possibly with a monochrome badge like 8n the shorts they wore v Peterhead, maroon cuffs/colour with blue piping to finish it off 👌

Chizmeister

Grey/silver with a blue and maroon band across the chest, possibly with a monochrome badge like 8n the shorts they wore v Peterhead, maroon cuffs/colour with blue piping to finish it off 👌

4 minutes ago, 151 said:

Always thought that phrase meant something nice to look at, as in it would make your eyes better.

I agree though, light blue needs to be done with.

I dunno bud, maybe you're right. 

Aye, not a bonnie kit, the blue totally clashes with maroon. 

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

White or Silver please.

No blue.

Gold? 

Gold and Maroon go like Tomato and Basil imo. 

heartsfc_fan
Just now, Cruyff said:

Gold? 

Gold and Maroon go like Tomato and Basil imo. 

🤔

Might not be bad.

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

🤔

Might not be bad.

Did Arsenal not have a gold top and maroon shorts one year? 🤔 

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Not for me. It could look very nice but the problem is even though we could just have a sash purely as a design choice, that wouldn't stop people from running away with it and making it into something worse. 

In much the same way we rip into Rangers when they get an orange kit it'll give supports like Celtic and Hibs reason to say "see, we were right they're just mini huns" and it'll make the actual mini huns within our ranks feel somewhat vindicated.

If there's one thing I've never been able to stomach as a Hearts supporter it's people thinking because celtic and hibs are pals that we're somehow supposed to be pals with Rangers.

I can't see it happening either because it seems like the club would really like to distance themselves from that sort of west coast nonsense.

I understand and agree with many of your points, PH.

Some of what you suggest probably would occur but I find it difficult to care what Hibs and Celtic fans think.

The former is a piddling wee club from Lochend; the latter a club which has benefited from sectarianism and will never say or do anything, tangible, to change that.

If some hoop clad, Glaswegian loon, singing IRA songs with gusto doesn't like it then feck him.

As suggested earlier, the Peru, River, Willie Pettigrew Motherwell sash looks absolutely nothing like the OL version. 

Ftr, I despise sectarianism and have never been anywhere near an OL or any other.

I am a "Son of the Desert" Lodge member, mind. 😊

Edited by martoon

Anything will be an improvement on that vile blue with white sleeved thing.

Looks like a faded, washed out, c.1970 Hibs shirt on the telly.

Disgusting.

Edited by martoon

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Has to happen, bud.

😊

Exactly.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I agree with your basic points but, we shouldn’t be worried about what these scumbags think considering they wear the same away strips as each other every few years, and have a love in all the time. 
As for the club distancing themselves the signing of NI and ex Rangers players, tours of NI, Orange training kits and GK strips, armed forces day, HMS Edinburgh etc is not separating  the club from what happens in the west. 

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, martoon said:

I understand and agree with many of your points, PH.

Some of what you suggest probably would occur but I find it difficult to care what Hibs and Celtic fans think.

The former is a piddling wee club from Lochend; the latter a club which has benefited from sectarianism and will never say or do anything, tangible, to change that.

If some hoop clad, Glaswegian loon, singing IRA songs with gusto doesn't like it then feck him.

As suggested earlier, the Peru, River, Willie Pettigrew Motherwell sash looks absolutely nothing like the OL version. 

Ftr, I despise sectarianism and have never been anywhere near an OL or any other.

I am a "Son of the Desert" Lodge member, mind. 😊

Agreed, I despise everything about the sectarianism too. 
Ive also donned a proper sash in my youth for my dads sake. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree with your basic points but, we shouldn’t be worried about what these scumbags think considering they wear the same away strips as each other every few years, and have a love in all the time. 
As for the club distancing themselves the signing of NI and ex Rangers players, tours of NI, Orange training kits and GK strips, armed forces day, HMS Edinburgh etc is not separating  the club from what happens in the west. 

All very good points, PfK.

Red and blue discreet pinstripes on the top in homage to our early strip. (On a white background obv) 

White shorts.

white socks and a white turnover with a thin maroon stripe around it.  

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Red and blue discreet pinstripes on the top in homage to our early strip. (On a white background obv) 

White shorts.

white socks and a white turnover with a thin maroon stripe around it.  

That would be cool too, D4.

Like the River/Peru sash it would cause angst, wringing of hands and hatred and fury from the crazed, sectarian, Celtic minded.

As stated earlier: who cares what ignorant, rabid loons think?

20 minutes ago, martoon said:

That would be cool too, D4.

Like the River/Peru sash it would cause angst, wringing of hands and hatred and fury from the crazed, sectarian, Celtic minded.

As stated earlier: who cares what ignorant, rabid loons think?

👍🏻

Bazzas right boot

I want stripes, splashes, seat belts, squares, rainbows, sparkles lot of unicorns and the more nonsense the better. 

Robbo-Jambo
On 13/07/2021 at 15:08, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I’d take a modern version of the silver grey kit 😎

F5270153-6808-4925-B439-36D2F0E07DA1.jpeg

That very one is on sale in the club shop.

On 13/07/2021 at 14:12, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No. That's boring. Hope for another Rosebery to piss you off

Please not that fugly thing ever again! Thanks. 

rudi must stay
On 13/07/2021 at 14:03, martoon said:

I'd love a maroon, Peruvian sash.

Would you like a tie as well 

On 13/07/2021 at 14:21, i8hibsh said:

Only a matter of time tbf.

BLM logo to replace MND

Word of warning to anyone go to order, the strips this year are very tight. Might be worth going a size up. I usually wear medium and the third strip fits like a small.