Away kit

Diadora Van Basten

2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Surely football strips is Umbro's biggest money maker, so what on earth are they doing that means clubs strips haven't been finalised days before a new season?  I don't really care about the strip just makes the club feel and look lethargic.

The final designs will have been agreed probably before Christmas, maybe Hearts waiting to parade a new signing in it?

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• PhoenixHearts

• Cruyff

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Walrus said:

The final designs will have been agreed probably before Christmas, maybe Hearts waiting to parade a new signing in it?

Sounds like a plan.

10 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Surely football strips is Umbro's biggest money maker, so what on earth are they doing that means clubs strips haven't been finalised days before a new season?  I don't really care about the strip just makes the club feel and look lethargic.

TBF nobody outside Hearts fans cares if we have released an away kit or not.

We have two new kits to play in already. 

2 hours ago, shona77 said:

All white version of this with maroon trim would be 😍😍😍

Classy !

PhoenixHearts

Got a feeling it'll either be today or tomorrow. End of the month and all that, tomorrow likely payday for a lot of folks.

As stated earlier in the thread, the design will have been signed off on ages ago and the club are just trying to space out the 3 kit launches far apart enough to get maximum spending from the support.

I think when clubs release 3 kits or even 2 kits at once it almost forces the supporters to choose one or the other as opposed to sinking £150+ in one go.

It's been a monthe and I feel like I've finally recovered financially well enough now from my Home kit short sleeve/long sleeve splurge.. bring on the away.

Maybe it's cutting it fine at the very end of July/August but I reckon it's a calculated risk.

2 hours ago, shona77 said:

All white version of this with maroon trim would be 😍😍😍

Now that is very very nice.

A silver/grey marl effect on a white shirt, with maroon and navy flashes for us would be great.  Not sure how the white monochrome badge fits onto that though.

PhoenixHearts
16 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Now that is very very nice.

A silver/grey marl effect on a white shirt, with maroon and navy flashes for us would be great.  Not sure how the white monochrome badge fits onto that though.

Was there not a rumour kicking about a while ago that our away kit would be white with maroon and navy? 

Reading the tea leaves I'd guess we might end up with something like Bournemouth or Werder Bremen with the two tone cuffs. Not the most exciting but I reckon with our colours it could work. Would prefer the Bournemouth collar out of the two. A bit different.

I'd also guess that if it were a monochrome badge it'll be maroon on white, a reverse of the "away shorts" we've seen in the cup games.

Personally I'm hoping for a white shirt with maroon pinstripes and a v-neck trim.

Away-2122-Tile.jpg

umbro-werder-bremen-away-jsy-p62079-617638_medium.jpg

Edited by PhoenixHearts

Chizmeister

Was in the club shop earlier today and enquired about the away top, was told hopefully within the next few weeks

LarrysRightFoot
8 minutes ago, Chizmeister said:

Was in the club shop earlier today and enquired about the away top, was told hopefully within the next few weeks

You’d like to think that a few weeks into the season we’d have an away kit. 

Chizmeister

Never known a season where kits were released after the season has begun, maybe some clever marketing ploy 😉

9 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Charlton Athletic trolling us?

Using our former players to launch their away kit?

I hope they are, that's the sort of petty banter that makes football great. :lol:

Seems unlikely though, why would they care about a handful of bites from some people north of the border? Although... surely they have better players than those 2 to model them. 

Also, I actually rather like that kit...!

Edited by tian447

Bret the Hitman Hearts
33 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Charlton Athletic trolling us?

Using our former players to launch their away kit?

I didn't actually recognise them until you pointed them out, so probably not 😅

Robbo-Jambo
4 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

You’d like to think that a few weeks into the season we’d have an away kit. 

Bit ridiculous tbh.

Should have it out before the start of the new season.

HamishMcGonagall

Without the 'Always Hearts' sponsor, I'd really like it. Might be alone here, but I think that bit looks quite tacky/cheap.

That's an awful strip even without that Always Hearts logo, which makes it look like one of the dodgy pretend kits you get in kids sizes from dodgy stalls in the Spanish Costas.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

WTF is that?

Pyjamas?

1 minute ago, Thomson1874 said:

That is a cracker - best away kit we've had in years!

It's funny, instant reaction, thats a cracker...Second thought, have they labelled the pyjamas as the new away kit by mistake?!?

Chizmeister

Would've preferred a silver/ grey marl as opposed to that light blue they seem to persist with but a nice kit, unconvinced by that logo

That is horrific. The worst part is the logo and the font. Even the players look like they are thinking WTF

Edited by Newton51

jamboinglasgow

first thought was that was not an away top, but looking at it more I like it. The colours good and can handle the cheesy "Always Hearts" (not sure why we dont have MND on this top as well.

From 3 tops released this season theres not one I dont like.

I preferred The Heart and Soul of Edinburgh.

Bit I still wouldn't have plastered that as a sponsor logo.

It ruins the top.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That's an awful strip even without that Always Hearts logo, which makes it look like one of the dodgy pretend kits you get in kids sizes from dodgy stalls in the Spanish Costas.

That was my first thought, that it was a cheap "replica" t-shirt bought from a market stall 

Boyces beard

That's Horrible, one of the worst Hearts strips i have ever seen. Just my opinion and im sure others will like it but not for me.

1 minute ago, jambo3tevie said:

That's Horrible, one of the worst Hearts strips i have ever seen. Just my opinion and im sure others will like it but not for me.

Yep. Purely because of that crap slogan and even worse Font.

Edited by hughesie27

Wonder if you could order version with no logo? Might save it. Best strip this season - 3rd strip. Worst this by a country mile

Maroonblood22

Seems like I’m in the minority but my instant reaction is that it’s a cracking top 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

Genuinely thought everyone would be delighted to see Always Hearts being plastered on the front for our first season back in the top league after demotion.

Cruickie's Moustache

Not overly imaginative in terms of the design. Agree we need to drop the light blue nonsense.

Time to go back to a white 2nd strip with some form of maroon flashes, edging etc, maroon shorts and white socks.