Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Would the crowd not have preferred a win.

Genuinely think they would rather have seen Andy give it all for two and half hours tbh

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Genuinely think they would rather have seen Andy give it all for two and half hours tbh

A bit Hibs.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

A bit Hibs.

More Tartan Army than hibs imo.

I was willing Evans, Norrie, Murray and Salisbury to win but i enjoyed watching the Americans play as well. As soon as the match was lost, i headed for the car and never gave the result a second thought...and i imagine everyone else felt the same.

But I had a great time, the kids had a great time, the noise was brilliant and the quality of tennis ridiculous. All for £30.

Roger was pure class. Effortless. Novax, Rafa and Andy, needed extreme athleticism and Power to overcome him. And Roger getting old and injured.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

More Tartan Army than hibs imo.

I was willing Evans, Norrie, Murray and Salisbury to win but i enjoyed watching the Americans play as well. As soon as the match was lost, i headed for the car and never gave the result a second thought...and i imagine everyone else felt the same.

But I had a great time, the kids had a great time, the noise was brilliant and the quality of tennis ridiculous. All for £30.

I gave up on watching the doubles after the second set but would also have stuck it out if I was there in person. I've always liked Jack Sock and Rajeev Ram is a great player. So, like you, I'd have been cheering GB on but not being upset at seeing the Americans win.

Thirty quid's a steal for something like 6-7 hours of top quality sport. I hope the seat was comfy!

New Town Loafer
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Roger was pure class. Effortless. Novax, Rafa and Andy, needed extreme athleticism and Power to overcome him. And Roger getting old and injured.

Nadal regularly beat Federer when Federer was at his supposed 'prime' and Nadal was a teenager.

Edited by New Town Loafer

Leon Smith sticking with Murray in the dubs when the oppo team includes Skupski's partner, Wes Koolhof. Not how is Jane played it but what do I know?

The moments after the match finished are soundtracked by Coldplay on the PA. Which is quite apt, hugely successful but somehow oddly unlikeable. 
An immense talent but never someone I never warmed to as a person. I blame the Wimbledon outfits. 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

The moments after the match finished are soundtracked by Coldplay on the PA. Which is quite apt, hugely successful but somehow oddly unlikeable. 
An immense talent but never someone I never warmed to as a person. I blame the Wimbledon outfits. 

I couldn’t either . I know he plays sublime and effortless tennis but I just didn’t get it

Better week for Raducanu at the Korean Open, won 3 matches in a row for the first time since winning the US Open, reached the semi-finals....then I notice on latest score updates that she's retired injured!

:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Better week for Raducanu at the Korean Open, won 3 matches in a row for the first time since winning the US Open, reached the semi-finals....then I notice on latest score updates that she's retired injured!

Lol 😂 it’s an improvement though 

I thought it was a little sad in the end at the speech Q&A but it was a good finale, and with everyone there. 

Nadal might need a bit of time to get over thinking he's let the man down losing the match but I don't think the result mattered. Federer actually played very well. 

Nadal and Djokovic may have more titles but Federer was the supreme player. 

6 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

I don't mean to have a go at the lassie absolutely incredible what she achieved last year but just a question has anybody retired as much as she has so early in their careers or is it just highlighted far more because it is her ?

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't mean to have a go at the lassie absolutely incredible what she achieved last year but just a question has anybody retired as much as she has so early in their careers or is it just highlighted far more because it is her ?

There are plenty of Top 50 players who have got there without a stuttering physical run up. I can't think of any (ultimately) successful players who've marked their card with so many "Ret'd hurt" at a young age. Makes me think there's something not right in the Raducanu camp/regime.

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I think its a mix of both.  She has far more scrutiny than other players due to last year so anything she does is pounced on.  But it is also a concern that she seems to be injured a lot. 

59 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

There are plenty of Top 50 players who have got there without a stuttering physical run up. I can't think of any (ultimately) successful players who've marked their card with so many "Ret'd hurt" at a young age. Makes me think there's something not right in the Raducanu camp/regime.

9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I think its a mix of both.  She has far more scrutiny than other players due to last year so anything she does is pounced on.  But it is also a concern that she seems to be injured a lot. 

Thanks for the replies it's what I thought but don't really know the tour that well to know if it was something out of the normal or not 

I would think next year is crucial for Raducanu. One of the reasons giving for her physical conditioning this year was that she had Covid late last year so missed out on a full winter conditioning period. Assuming she can work on conditioning at the end of this year, there has to be an improvement next season with regards to not pulling out injured every other tournament or questions have to be asked.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

I would think next year is crucial for Raducanu. One of the reasons giving for her physical conditioning this year was that she had Covid late last year so missed out on a full winter conditioning period. Assuming she can work on conditioning at the end of this year, there has to be an improvement next season with regards to not pulling out injured every other tournament or questions have to be asked.

Her conditioning is clearly pish and while she can blame Covid or whatever else, it seems fairly apparent that winning the US Open made her think she had it made and could start coining it/tossing it off while continuing to win things.

She’s got zero resilience and on that basis you’d think she’s got very little desire. Too much too soon and now wants it easy 

• 2 weeks later...
I P Knightley
23 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I thought I’d bump up this thread with lovely pic of Simona ! @I P Knightley

5202732B-01C6-455D-8053-9145E3A2273A.jpeg

She's furgoat her troosers :24_shocked:

I wouldn't have recognised her with her clothes on; is that a new set of teeth?

Edit - I went on Google images to see why I didn't recognise her. It must be that she always has her hair pulled back. Upon my search, I found out that she's getting divorced having got married less than a year ago. I hope she doesn't come round to my door looking for some Knighley comfort. My door bell's broken and I don't have any knockers.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3nim2vECa84FIG1hq6Us

Edited by I P Knightley

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

She's furgoat her troosers :24_shocked:

I wouldn't have recognised her with her clothes on; is that a new set of teeth?

Edit - I went on Google images to see why I didn't recognise her. It must be that she always has her hair pulled back. Upon my search, I found out that she's getting divorced having got married less than a year ago. I hope she doesn't come round to my door looking for some Knighley comfort. My door bell's broken and I don't have any knockers.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3nim2vECa84FIG1hq6Us

I’m sure she can supply the knickers if you need them ? 😂

JudyJudyJudy
On 03/10/2022 at 20:52, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’m sure she can supply the knickers if you need them ? 😂

Meant knockers ! Typo 😂

28 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Why ? 

Cos she lost in the 1st round of a tournament today, against the 5th seed.

By the same token Alcaraz must be done too.

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

So what’s new ?😂

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, neilnunb said:

trust me, she’s pure dusted 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Her knockers will be out to give her grief.

MV5BNDA4OTU3YmEtNjhmOC00ZTE1LWFjNzAtZWQ4

You really do go for the low-hanging fruit, don't you. ;) 

Just now, I P Knightley said:

Have I let myself down again?

Not at all. I'm sure you're just trying to keep us abreast of everything.

I P Knightley
34 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Not at all. I'm sure you're just trying to keep us abreast of everything.

F'narrr!!!

07sci-boobies-social-superJumbo.jpg

(In case anyone's reading who isn't as ornithologically well-versed as RedJambo and me, that's a pair of boobies.)

Edited by I P Knightley

71833.jpg?w=636&h=422

And, in other news which will come as a complete shock, Emma Raducanu is looking for another head coach after yon Russian bloke fecked off.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, Cade said:

71833.jpg?w=636&h=422

And, in other news which will come as a complete shock, Emma Raducanu is looking for another head coach after yon Russian bloke fecked off.

fraud

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, Cade said:

71833.jpg?w=636&h=422

I've lost track. I thought she'd appointed one of Andy Murray's ex-coaching team a few weeks ago.

Nice tits, though.

gettyimages-997566656.jpg?crop=4:3,smart

A Boy Named Crow
14 hours ago, AWM said:

The idea that there are any elite athletes out there,  performing at the top of their sport, who aren't doping is frankly laughable.

There's just too many folk who get caught out, if rveryone else at that level is keeping up, you have to assume they're at it.

For the record, I have no problem with doping in sport. There are already unfair advantages around things like resources and opportunity to train depending on your economic circumstances...it's the rank hypocrisy around drugs that annoys me!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What a douche bag...boring fart too and plays bland tennis....

Novax the Ethnic cleansing, covid denier, Nazi looking *****. And Cameron is the douchebag. And who says douchebag, anyway. Other than Americans. That's right, Victims.

I P Knightley
8 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What a douche bag...boring fart too and plays bland tennis....

Novak has played 2 grand slams fewer than Norrie yet still has more ranking points.if I were Norrie, I'd just haud my wheesht.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Novak has played 2 grand slams fewer than Norrie yet still has more ranking points.if I were Norrie, I'd just haud my wheesht.

Yep . I read that further in the article . He’s made a James hunt of himself 

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Novax the Ethnic cleansing, covid denier, Nazi looking *****. And Cameron is the douchebag. And who says douchebag, anyway. Other than Americans. That's right, Victims.

still in a mood are we ? Dearie me 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

58 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Seems to be following in his idols footsteps ( scratchy arse ) in more ways than one . Hope not as he’s a good player. .  

https://www.tennismajors.com/atp/knee-issue-not-too-serious-for-alcaraz-632852.html?fbclid=IwAR2SA2InHeygoGU-hYMuN7uH-gSYjQcQ3DUwMFYxgFWiXKpMaoamZmYl0lU

Hopefully not a long term issue as he is a seriously exciting player that tennis will need over the next few years.