Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

Great ending to the year for this guy . Well done . Equals 6 times winning the ATP finals ! Upwards and onwards to 2023 for  him  . It’s the year of the Novak 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rusedski is always very complimentary and clearly admires Novak . Great commentator too. Just said what needed to be said “ Novak would have won the Aussie open if he had competed” ! Brilliant ! Well said 

Djokovic finished 2000 points behind Alcaraz. 

considering he wasnt allowed to play in 2 grand slams and 3 masters events which equals 7000 points, he done fairly well to end the year 5th. 

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Djokovic finished 2000 points behind Alcaraz. 

considering he wasnt allowed to play in 2 grand slams and 3 masters events which equals 7000 points, he done fairly well to end the year 5th. 

Plus he never got his 2,000 for winning at Wimbledon.

Rusedski sounded as though he had the wrong teeth in. Perhaps he was struggling to cope with the stupefying inanity of Caroline Whittaker and had chewed out the inside of his cheeks. But he's bang on: Novak would have won the Oz had he been eligible. He not likely to be crying over spilt milk, though, and will just go hard at it in 2023 and pick up at least 2 slams.

10 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

k, though, and will just go hard at it in 2023 and pick up at least 2 slams.

Yes i think he will. I also think Needle will struggle at FO due to the up and coming young guns. 

11 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Plus he never got his 2,000 for winning at Wimbledon.

yeah I didnt count them as that was the same for everyone. 

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

yeah I didnt count them as that was the same for everyone. 

Understood but had points been awarded, Djoko would have been on Carlito's heels at #2 even without thinking about the tournies for which he was ineligible. 

It's been a weird year. Back to normal from January. 

I agree with JudyJamesJudy; don't think Rafa will do the French. Could be Ruud's time.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I agree with JudyJamesJudy; don't think Rafa will do the French. Could be Ruud's time.

👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Emma Raducanu injured agai :( 

Either she doesn't have the body for regular pro circuit tennis or it's mostly in her head. Either way, she needs a stable coach and some time on the lesser tour to build her up.

She’s a fake . A fluke 

JudyJudyJudy
41 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Emma RadacanOuch

Does she ever finish a match ?

Only if she wins in straight sets . Shites it if it goes to 3 sets hence the “ injuries” 

She needs to do a full reset and go it on her own. Shed everyone connected with her so far. Start from the bottom and build herself back up, but properly this time.

30 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Luckily her parents come from cultures well-versed in promoting a hands-off approach to child-development and have so far exhibited qualities ideal in helping her make her own smart and independent decisions.

She probably changed coach three times while I was typing the above paragraph.

Indeed. :) Well done on winning Secret Santa by the way, Jonesy - I didn't follow it this year so this was the first I learned about it. You're such a winner!

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Sad. Love his energy.

Still, opens the door even wider for Nole to regain his rightful No.1 spot if things fall into place at the AO.

👍 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Osaka withdrawn I see. 

That’s a shame . She’s a talented player 

46 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Turns out Osaka is preggers

Oh well thats good news for her.  

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Wonder if the hormonal imbalances of pregnancy will make her emotional and difficult?

😁  she must have about 6 kids hidden away

I P Knightley

They've put out the draw for the Aussie Open and it looks like the tie of the round could be Jack Draper v Rafa Nadal. Draper's been on great form over the last few months and stands a chance to beat Rafa if Rafa comes in slightly rusty. Draper's going well in his warm up tournament so should go into the Open hot. Kokkinakis v Fognini could be a good one for mentalness.

Murray's been drawn against Matteo Berretini who should, on paper, pump Murray but has also been fairly inactive recently. Murray may get a set but I'd expect Berretini to get past him.

Kyle Edmund is back in the draw. A tough ask after so much time out to play against Jannick Sinner.

Djokovic has got what looks like a favourable draw until he might come up against Kyrgios (or Rune or Evans or Rublev or...) in the QF.

20 hours ago, jonesy said:

Wonder if the hormonal imbalances of pregnancy will make her emotional and difficult?

:biglaugh: I'll steal that one whether you like it or not.

36 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

They've put out the draw for the Aussie Open and it looks like the tie of the round could be Jack Draper v Rafa Nadal. Draper's been on great form over the last few months and stands a chance to beat Rafa if Rafa comes in slightly rusty. Draper's going well in his warm up tournament so should go into the Open hot. Kokkinakis v Fognini could be a good one for mentalness.

Murray's been drawn against Matteo Berretini who should, on paper, pump Murray but has also been fairly inactive recently. Murray may get a set but I'd expect Berretini to get past him.

Kyle Edmund is back in the draw. A tough ask after so much time out to play against Jannick Sinner.

Djokovic has got what looks like a favourable draw until he might come up against Kyrgios (or Rune or Evans or Rublev or...) in the QF.

:biglaugh: I'll steal that one whether you like it or not.

Thanks for that update . Yes agree re Rafa v Draper . Novak will have a challenge too but since it’s best of 5 sets I can’t see him not winning . 

38 minutes ago, jonesy said:

All female line judges plus Stan Wawrinka as guest umpire please.

Agreed. I hate those line judges that are part male, part female. More pandering to the gender brigade, imo.

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

No mention of Dan Evans for the QF? How very disrespectful!!

who?

:) 

Nadal has a tough route too. 

I P Knightley

Both Draper and Norrie have made it through to SFs in their warm up tournies. Draper's playing a lucky loser from Korea; rankings make Draper strong favourite. Norrie's playing the American Jenson Brooksby.

Judging by Brooksby's profile pic on the ATP website, I imagine he'd struggle to get much support from JKB.

Spoiler

brooksby-full-2022-may.png

9 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Both Draper and Norrie have made it through to SFs in their warm up tournies. Draper's playing a lucky loser from Korea; rankings make Draper strong favourite. Norrie's playing the American Jenson Brooksby.

Judging by Brooksby's profile pic on the ATP website, I imagine he'd struggle to get much support from JKB.

Reveal hidden contents

brooksby-full-2022-may.png

Draper loses his semi-final in Adelaide, but Norrie gets to the final in Auckland by beating the Hibs **** 

rudi must stay
27 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What’s that ? 

Series all about the young stars of tennis. First episode is Nick Kyrgios 

22 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Series all about the young stars of tennis. First episode is Nick Kyrgios 

Cheers