Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Novax the Ethnic cleansing, covid denier, Nazi looking *****. And Cameron is the douchebag. And who says douchebag, anyway. Other than Americans. That's right, Victims.

How is Novak connected to ethnic cleansing?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hopefully not a long term issue as he is a seriously exciting player that tennis will need over the next few years.

Yes I like his tennis so hopefully it’s not a pattern of behaviours 

34 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

How is Novak connected to ethnic cleansing?

I wondered that too , and then remembered he has fevk all to do with any ethnic cleansing , it just a lazy bigoted comment 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

New Town Loafer
16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

And what exactly is "Nazi-looking" about him?

Exactly. He honestly couldn't look more South Slavic/Balkan.

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep . I read that further in the article . He’s made a James hunt of himself 

Plus, Norrie was in the 1000s events in Cincy and Indian Wells which Novak had to sit out.

I agree with Jonesy that there's nothing to dislike about Norrie - unless you're offended by terribly dull people. He's had a good 18 months with his results but a few others have been slightly more consistent.

Notice, though, that he's greeting about missing out on a spot as one of the alternates, not even the main draw. It's encouraging that he's that keen to compete; just, I repeat, haud yer wheesht!

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Djokovic must have pumped your entire family.

You've shown yourself up for being a narrow minded bigot.

And what exactly is "Nazi-looking" about him?

I don't think that narrow-minded bigots need to have their families pumped for them to be so narrow minded and bigoted.

See every single negative stereotype of Scottish people? Including the one where you can't get a voice-activated lift to go to the eleventh floor? That's you, Ri. Enjoy your deep-fried Mars bar.

2 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

Exactly. He honestly couldn't look more South Slavic/Balkan.

I typed into Google “ typical German male “ and I got this 

spitting image of “Novax “ 😂

574AA7F7-9524-418C-9E6F-DE7E909928D1.jpeg

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

I like Norrie. Plays to his strengths. Can't complain about that.

They need Novak at the finals though; brings some character to things.

His style of play doesn’t excite me really . Maybe was rather harsh about the 

“ boring “ though . 

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

I like Norrie. Plays to his strengths. Can't complain about that.

They need Novak at the finals though; brings some character to things.

Novak will be allowed at the finals . He is the main attraction really . Like playing a hearts team with Craigy boy 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

His style of play doesn’t excite me really . Maybe was rather harsh about the 

“ boring “ though . 

Nope. My mates who work in and around the tour fully support the "boring" tag.

44 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Nope. My mates who work in and around the tour fully support the "boring" tag.

Oh so I was right !! Need to trust my own judgement more ! 😎

Actually it’s hard to believe this . Bum

scratcher looks a lot older and wizzened ! I wonder why 😎 whereas Novak is sprightly and up for the fight , 2023 is gonna be epic for him . 

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Actually it’s hard to believe this . Bum

scratcher looks a lot older and wizzened ! I wonder why 😎 whereas Novak is sprightly and up for the fight , 2023 is gonna be epic for him . 

Being generous, Nadal is suffering hair loss which can have the effect of aging someone more than another with a full head of non-greying hair.

Nadal's just come of paternity leave and Paris isn't one of his preferred tournaments. I expect him to be more up for it in Melbourne. Danny Med also pumpded oot early doors as have been all the Brits. If it were to go according to seeds, the final could be Alcaraz (or FA-A) v Shitshispants (or Novak).

Meanwhile, the bursds tour final is playing out in Fort Worth, Texas to very sparse crowds. Partly, that would be down to the late confirmation of venue and ticketing but I can't help thinking that WTA just doesn't grab the imagination of tennis fans.

Incidentally, your nickname for Nadal (Bumscratcher) makes be think of a former pest of this parish, P*ckyB*m who, in turn, makes me think of gammon shitgibbon, Jonathan Gullis MP.

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Being generous, Nadal is suffering hair loss which can have the effect of aging someone more than another with a full head of non-greying hair.

Nadal's just come of paternity leave and Paris isn't one of his preferred tournaments. I expect him to be more up for it in Melbourne. Danny Med also pumpded oot early doors as have been all the Brits. If it were to go according to seeds, the final could be Alcaraz (or FA-A) v Shitshispants (or Novak).

Meanwhile, the bursds tour final is playing out in Fort Worth, Texas to very sparse crowds. Partly, that would be down to the late confirmation of venue and ticketing but I can't help thinking that WTA just doesn't grab the imagination of tennis fans.

Incidentally, your nickname for Nadal (Bumscratcher) makes be think of a former pest of this parish, P*ckyB*m who, in turn, makes me think of gammon shitgibbon, Jonathan Gullis MP.

I’m a silver fox and still doing no bad ! 😂😂 that excuse sounds just like the excuse he would use ! He does look awful now . Punished his body too much . Oh there is no doubt he will be eyeing defending his title praying that Novak isn’t allowed to enter ! However i

honestly think the you Guns are now challenging at last and can and will beat the top 2 !   

There have been a few of the top players bombed out of Paris 

Yes the womens game is fairly boring now . No big names ( personalities ) to entice the crowds really . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

10 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Ps over use of steroids can cause hair loss 

Rune v Rublev should be good match . I like bratty Rune . His miserable petulant pus always makes me laugh.  ‘Makes Andy Murray seems the life and soul of the party 🎉 

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes the womens game is fairly boring now . No big names ( personalities ) to entice the crowds really . 

I like Ons Jabeur's personality, but yes, not many others out there.

On other women's game news, I noticed last week that Raducanu's latest coach of many decided not to carry on in the role due to "red flags" and said that she needed to listen to just one voice. Guaranteed that that's a dig at her family, dad in particular.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/63409782

1 minute ago, PortyJambo said:

I like Ons Jabeur's personality, but yes, not many others out there.

On other women's game news, I noticed last week that Raducanu's latest coach of many decided not to carry on in the role due to "red flags" and said that she needed to listen to just one voice. Guaranteed that that's a dig at her family, dad in particular.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/63409782

Yes I like her too. Reminds me a lot of Sanchez Viccario . Dont get me wrong there are good players out there but no big personalities really .  Yes it seems like Emma has the dad from hell . Hopefully he’s not abusive as it’s been quite an issue for some players through the years . Always seem to have an odd relationship with their dads like Graf and Seles did too . 

I P Knightley
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Ps over use of steroids can cause hair loss 

Rune v Rublev should be good match . I like bratty Rune . His miserable petulant pus always makes me laugh.  ‘Makes Andy Murray seems the life and soul of the party 🎉 

At the end of the Wawrinka v Rune match, when shaking hands at the net, the microphone picked up Stan telling Rune to stop behaving like a baby on court. I hadn't seen the match to know what Rune's antics had been.

Poor ending to the Rune v Alcaraz.  Mini Rafa claimed he was too injured to carry on.  The score was one set down  and 1 - 2 down on second set tie break.  He seems to be playing the Rafa playbook.  Disappointing. Good win Rune though. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

On 03/11/2022 at 13:32, I P Knightley said:

At the end of the Wawrinka v Rune match, when shaking hands at the net, the microphone picked up Stan telling Rune to stop behaving like a baby on court. I hadn't seen the match to know what Rune's antics had been.

Runes maw said he didnt say that.  But she would , wouldnt she ? Great mum 

Great match there between Novak and Tsitispas.   Tight 3 sets and final set  was tie break.  

Rune beat Alliasame earlier fairly easy.  Hes doing great too.  

Might be an interesting final the morrow.  

I P Knightley

I caught up on some of the WTA tour finals from Texas.

Sabalenka's an awfy long lady. Maybe it's just her outfit but her legs seem to go on for ever. And her t-shirt's nice, too.

Sakkari's a breath of fresh air, literally bouncing into her post-match interview with the Prime team.

On 03/11/2022 at 13:28, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I like her too. Reminds me a lot of Sanchez Viccario . Dont get me wrong there are good players out there but no big personalities really .  Yes it seems like Emma has the dad from hell . Hopefully he’s not abusive as it’s been quite an issue for some players through the years . Always seem to have an odd relationship with their dads like Graf and Seles did too . 

It's fairly widely believed that Raducanu Senior is a complete nightmare and the biggest reason for that continuous revolving door of coaches.

Meanwhile, Emma herself has acquired a taste for the good life, though it's been reported in the Daily Fail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11371417/Emma-Raducanu-serves-treat-swaps-5-000-runabout-125-000-Porsche-supercar.html?ico=amp-comments-viewall#comments-11371417

Nothing will take away her  achievement of winning the US Open unseeded at 18 but it's all looking like a case of too much, too soon. Andy Murray burst onto the scene at Wimbledon at 18  but it was 7 more years of hard work before he won the US Open. 

Raducanu has done nothing since her US Open win and her ranking has fallen to about 76. It's a long hard road back and changing coach every week won't help. Could easily end up giving up the game young.

Sensational win by Rune today.  The last game was 16 minutes long and was just sublime tennis by him and Novak.  Very humble and respectful comments from both players at the award ceremony too.  Lots of mutual respect. I did say earlier this year Rune was one to watch.  He made history today by winning a tournament by beating 5 other players who are in the top  10. So he did it the hard way .  The changing of the guard may be coming sooner than we expect albeit it was a 3 set final so sometimes than can be anyone's match but Rune played out of this world today. Good luck to him for the future. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

59 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Hmmmm...nothing to see here at all

Usual Maligning of a great champion . I’m sure if there was doping they wouldn’t be as daft to do it so public . Nonsense really . 

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Hmmmm...nothing to see here at all

Serbian drug cheats just like thier Russian cousins .. should ban them from all sports .

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Serbian drug cheats just like thier Russian cousins .. should ban them from all sports .

R (7).gif

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

You can't do that. They went into admin 2005 and were bought over by JD Sports.

Maybe ban them from Sports Direct, but I don't think Novak spends his time browsing for Lonsdale trainers, anyway. 

JF must be related to our resident braveheart. :( 

14 minutes ago, escobri said:

C'mon Nole intae these ^^^^s 🏆

Fantastic news to wake up to ! Common sense at last after the mania of covid 19

82E83A8A-7A7D-4BB6-A65D-2A02B74F1E09.gif

I P Knightley
25 minutes ago, escobri said:

C'mon Nole intae these ^^^^s 🏆

This is good and sensible news. Djoko handed Shitsispants his arse on a plate yesterday and gets a crack at wee Rublev tomorrow. He's quite a good player and his absence from the Grand Slams devalues them.

Maroon Sailor

Looking forward to seeing Djoko and his magic water bottle at the Aussie Open again 

Edited by Maroon Sailor

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

This is good and sensible news. Djoko handed Shitsispants his arse on a plate yesterday and gets a crack at wee Rublev tomorrow. He's quite a good player and his absence from the Grand Slams devalues them.

“ quite a good player “ !!! ??? 

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Looking forward to seeing Djoko and his magic water bottle at the Aussie Open again 

Looking forward to Scratchy bum face tripping when it’s confirmed that Novak will be at the Aussie ! 😂😂

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Needs to sort his hydration.

He does - during comfort breaks when he is losing.

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nadal struggling. 2 defeats.

Drugs now wearing off it seems . It’s nice when the good guys finally win thought really . 

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Actually 3 defeats . He got booted out of another tournament Last week.  Apparently didn’t have enough “ match play “ , suppose it beats that old chestnut 🌰 “ injuries” 

9 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

GOAT.

👍he will prove this next year . He will be all guns blazing at the slams . Those ATP events are slams bar name really as they have all the top players just not the prestige of slams 

I P Knightley
7 hours ago, jonesy said:

Old man playing on a fast, hard surface at altitude. Little surprise that the young guns can whup his ass.

One more clay court season, then I think he'll plan to hang up his racquet very neatly. I can't see him emulating Murray hanging around in the doldrums.

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Old man playing on a fast, hard surface at altitude. Little surprise that the young guns can whup his ass.

One more clay court season, then I think he'll plan to hang up his racquet very neatly. I can't see him emulating Murray hanging around in the doldrums.

Yes next year and that’s him . The young ones are def progressing rapidly . About time too . Novak will still be the one to beat next year and possibly the year after . 

I P Knightley

I just bunked off to watch the second half of the second set of Djoko v Medvedev. Nearly 2 hours later, a humdinger of a match has just finished in Djoko's favour. Medvedev was serving like a demon - over 70% of first serves in and at 200 km/h. The commentator said that his stats when serving like that are 39 match wins to 1 loss, and that loss was to Novak.

Djokovic didn't even need to play the match; his semi-final tomorrow with Fraylor Titz was a certainty, regardless of the result. He's some dude.

Prime are using Caroline Whittaker as the lead presenter. Looks like they sent her out a couple of weeks early with a mission to find the best pizzeria and gelateria. Poor Annabel Knightley next to her looks terribly undernourished.

I've now got less than an hour to do an afternoon's work before the Kokkinakis/Kyrgios doubles match kicks off.

4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I just bunked off to watch the second half of the second set of Djoko v Medvedev. Nearly 2 hours later, a humdinger of a match has just finished in Djoko's favour. Medvedev was serving like a demon - over 70% of first serves in and at 200 km/h. The commentator said that his stats when serving like that are 39 match wins to 1 loss, and that loss was to Novak.

Djokovic didn't even need to play the match; his semi-final tomorrow with Fraylor Titz was a certainty, regardless of the result. He's some dude.

Prime are using Caroline Whittaker as the lead presenter. Looks like they sent her out a couple of weeks early with a mission to find the best pizzeria and gelateria. Poor Annabel Knightley next to her looks terribly undernourished.

I've now got less than an hour to do an afternoon's work before the Kokkinakis/Kyrgios doubles match kicks off.

I watched the final set and Novak didnt play that well but still won. Incredible really.  It was a nothing game really for him but being the champ he is he always wants to win.  Great victory.