Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

JudyJudyJudy

Do they no wave their new balls in the air now ?  They used to before as a matter of tradition :) 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy

Who are commentating ? I cant place their voices? One is possibly Jim Courier ? 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Who are commentating ? I cant place their voices? One is possibly Jim Courier ? 

Eurosport

John McEnroe and Simon Reed (?)

You'd know if it was Courier...you'd have dozed off 2hrs ago. 😁

Edited by neilnunb

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Eurosport

Im watching a stream and its definately not Mcenroe. 

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Eurosport

Oliver Reed's brother

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Oliver Reed's brother

Haha didn't know that

Ffs Novak broken right away

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Im watching a stream and its definately not Mcenroe. 

Hmmm is it Jason Goodall and Jim Courier maybe? 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, neilnunb said:

Hmmm is it Jason Goodall and Jim Courier maybe? 

Def Jim Courier so it must be the other guy. Its an American stream 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Def Jim Courier so it must be the other guy. Its an American stream 

Hate when Courier does the on court interviews. He has zero personality. Mind you, I just nevee liked him as a player.

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Hate when Courier does the on court interviews. He has zero personality. Mind you, I just nevee liked him as a player.

yes hes a boring fart

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Amazing, now Djoko breaks in the 4th set when it looks like Nadal has the momentum.

Its going to a 5th I think. 

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Novak is winning this and the French crowd are going home seething.

Every cloud........

I P Knightley

Zverev will be lapping this up. Even if Nadal takes it in 4, four hours of tennis at well gone midnight is doing netiher of them any favours.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, neilnunb said:

Back on serve 😡😡😡

French crowd can sook ma boaby 🖕🖕🖕

Bunch of fuds really :) 

Did that ball hit the top of the net during the last rally, basically turned the rally in Nadal's favour. Jammy git. 😛

JudyJudyJudy

Good attempt Novak . Not your best surface . No big loss . Upwards and onwards to Wimbles ! And hopefully the US open too . Good summer of tennis ahead . 

JudyJudyJudy

If anyone is a betting man / woman there some underground noises that Casper Rudd has a good chance this year . He’s exceptional on clay . Just saying like. 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

If anyone is a betting man / woman there some underground noises that Casper Rudd has a good chance this year . He’s exceptional on clay . Just saying like. 

I like Rudd but I honestly thought he had lost the other day against Sonego. He was getting destroyed (after controlling things early on) so I turned the channel over. It was only yesterday I realised he'd pulled through and had won his next match. 🤣

Shanks said no
4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh well that's my bet fecked already.  That's fine though. Very early doors in this match. Just glad i hardly every gamble. Its a losers game. 

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Do we want to take tips from you?

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I like Rudd but I honestly thought he had lost the other day against Sonego. He was getting destroyed (after controlling things early on) so I turned the channel over. It was only yesterday I realised he'd pulled through and had won his next match. 🤣

Yes I’ve been reading good things about him . Saw him play a few weeks back . He’s one to watch . 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

Do we want to take tips from you?

I know 😂😂 I had Novak to win his first service game , first set and then the match . Lost it right away ! Like I said I’m glad I never really gamble 

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Good attempt Novak . Not your best surface . No big loss . Upwards and onwards to Wimbles ! And hopefully the US open too . Good summer of tennis ahead . 

giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bcrd51ebbka57i0fep

Really enjoyed that match last night, best I've seen in years, wanted Nole to win but Nadal deserved the win and will take some beating if he can keep performing to those levels. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Rudd into the semis to meet Cilic. Rune a bit of a huffy brat.

But his sister, though, eh?

I P Knightley

Amelie Mauresmo, as tournament director, is some bird! Started that it is hard to put women's matches on in the showpiece night sessions, effectively saying that no Fokker wants to watch that turgid dross when the men's game offers the excitement it does. Trés risqué and Swiatek has responded with, oh but equality!

Now, JKB knows me to be a modern man of progressive thinking (ignore that last post about Holger's sister... but, honestly, Google her) but I'm torn, here. For me, sport is entertainment and the more entertaining an event, the more willing I am to give up time and money. In the Edberg years, I found women's tennis to be more entertaining but in the last 15 years it can't hold a candle to the men's game. 

So although I don't believe men are naturally superior or automatically or routinely deserve to Billing, I'm hunner per cent behind Mauresmo in thinking of entertainment and revenue. 

She also got lucky in that the one bursds match that went on in a night session was one of the few to have gone to 3 sets and been competitive. 

22 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

But his sister, though, eh?

I only caught the last 2 sets tbh but near the end there was a shot of a female I assumed was Rune's gf? She was goodlooking but a face like thunder! Was that his sister?

I only realised earlier who Rudd's dad is also. Feel so old when you remember their parent's playing! 😁

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Amelie Mauresmo, as tournament director, is some bird! Started that it is hard to put women's matches on in the showpiece night sessions, effectively saying that no Fokker wants to watch that turgid dross when the men's game offers the excitement it does. Trés risqué and Swiatek has responded with, oh but equality!

Now, JKB knows me to be a modern man of progressive thinking (ignore that last post about Holger's sister... but, honestly, Google her) but I'm torn, here. For me, sport is entertainment and the more entertaining an event, the more willing I am to give up time and money. In the Edberg years, I found women's tennis to be more entertaining but in the last 15 years it can't hold a candle to the men's game. 

So although I don't believe men are naturally superior or automatically or routinely deserve to Billing, I'm hunner per cent behind Mauresmo in thinking of entertainment and revenue. 

She also got lucky in that the one bursds match that went on in a night session was one of the few to have gone to 3 sets and been competitive. 

Like yourself I used to find womens tennis more entertaining . Loved the rivalries between Martina / Chris then Monica / Steff then Serena v the rest . However the womens game has really taken a nose dive . No real bombastic personalities like Serena , no rivalries at all , total lack of Consistency from some fine players like Halep etc . No wonder Mauresmo picked the men to play at night . Swiatek should thank her lucky stars she and others get the same money as men , when some of their games last under an hour . One of the Nadal / Novak sets was 80 mins ! I really think the womens game is in crisis . Unsure what can be done ? 

JudyJudyJudy
9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Rudd into the semis to meet Cilic. Rune a bit of a huffy brat.

Aye hes the Scandinavian McEnroe maybe. I like him . Least he expresses himself on court with his manic facial features and shouting etc . He’s a bad boy it seems . He’s got a personality I suppose . Although I read he got a warning for homophobic language at a tournament a few months ago . So needs to stop that kind of shit really . 

Jesus Christ...double faulting for fun.

🙄

Can't argue if you lose when you chuck away so many chances.