Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Have the BBC been making loads of excuses for Radacanu again?

Not that I've seen. Just wait until Wimblers, though; they'll be out in force with the red, white and blue, expecting her to do for Her Maj what Virginia Wade did in 1977.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Hopefully Nadal wins and the Serbian war criminal is sent to the Hague .

The German domestic abuser  has won the first set but I still expect Alcaraz to win .

:biglaugh: Charged with dropping 3 sets to a man who picks his bum and sniffs it.

JudyJudyJudy
35 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Hopefully Nadal wins and the Serbian war criminal is sent to the Hague .

The German domestic abuser  has won the first set but I still expect Alcaraz to win .

Not bitter at all are you?   Horrendously racist posting by the way. 

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Not that I've seen. Just wait until Wimblers, though; they'll be out in force with the red, white and blue, expecting her to do for Her Maj what Virginia Wade did in 1977.

OMG i hadnt thought about that.  FFS.  Sue Barker nearly got sent to the tower for not getting to the final . She got beat by Betty Stove...* still makes me laugh at that name actually.   NO this year wont be a repeat . Lucky if she gets to 3rd round i think. 

JudyJudyJudy

Zverev playing some fantastic tennis. Never seen him play so well. Im fine with either player winning. Alcaraz is a future slammer . No doubt about that. 

I P Knightley
57 minutes ago, jonesy said:

AridWanEthiopianwolf-mobile.mp4

OldfashionedFreeHoneycreeper-mobile.mp4

PlainGrayLice-mobile.mp4

All-rounder.

You keep those clips at your fingertips (ironically) :biglaugh:

Zverev wins. Exciting tiebreak that.

Haha "shitting my pants" he says in the post match interview 🤣

Edited by neilnunb

I P Knightley

Some match for "just" a quarter-final. Zverev's first ever Grand Slam win against a top 10 ranked opponent.

Expecting more of the same later from Nadal & Djoko.

The top half of this QF draw has something like 41 grand slam wins and 81 master titles between them. In the bottom half, it's one GS and one masters - neither of which is on clay. Ruud, Rune, Rublev all in there; Greg Rusedski must be looking on and thinking he would have had a chance :).

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

So do I . I think Novak is really gunning for Nadal for a variety of reasons and he will be fired up to **** I think it’s going to be a straight sets win  . There I’ve put my head on the parapet . I’m sick to back teeth of Nadal “ heroically “ playing on even if “ injured “ and now his new complaint is he’s playing an evening match and that doesn’t suit him . Those are the rules mate , remember you said that about Novak and the Aussie open debacle . 

29080698-28B1-4FDC-992A-A35DC7C2A8C6.jpeg

So why is it alright for Djokovic to have an opinion on what time of day the match is played and not Nadal?

Jeffros Furios

Fantastic game and hopefully Nadal can  now overcome the forces of evil 

I P Knightley
12 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Zverev wins. Exciting tiebreak that.

Haha "shitting my pants" he says in the post match interview 🤣

You mis-heard.

He said he was playing like Tsitsipas. :D

Shanks said no

Long time since I have made sure I was in front of the TV for a tennis match, come on Nadal.

JudyJudyJudy

Oh well that's my bet fecked already.  That's fine though. Very early doors in this match. Just glad i hardly every gamble. Its a losers game. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, AWM said:

So why is it alright for Djokovic to have an opinion on what time of day the match is played and not Nadal?

Novak didn't mind what time the match was played . Nadal did cause it doesn't suit him. Prima donna. Hard lines. "These are the rules"...as he said in January.

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Novak didn't mind what time the match was played . Nadal did cause it doesn't suit him. Prima donna. Hard lines. "These are the rules"...as he said in January.

They were asked on Sunday after their matches when they would like to play.  Nadal said day because it’s better for his game, Djokovic said night because he knew it would be better for him.  

As for your “These are the rules” nonsense, how exactly is it the rule that the match had to be played at night and not during the day?

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, AWM said:

They were asked on Sunday after their matches when they would like to play.  Nadal said day because it’s better for his game, Djokovic said night because he knew it would be better for him.  

As for your “These are the rules” nonsense, how exactly is it the rule that the match had to be played at night and not during the day?

Its how the tournament now operates . By having night games mainly for the USA market. Its the way forward.  It suits Novak more obviously but not Nadal but ithats the rule of the French Open now. Just like it was in Aussie Open when Novak couldnt play due to the " rules" 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Its how the tournament now operates . By having night games mainly for the USA market. Its the way forward.  It suits Novak more obviously but not Nadal but ithats the rule of the French Open now. Just like it was in Aussie Open when Novak couldnt play due to the " rules" 

Except todays schedule wasn’t announced until yesterday afternoon, so on Sunday when they were asked they didn’t know what time they were playing and it could have been one of the other three quarter finals played today that was scheduled for the night session.  So it wasn’t in the “rules”.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, AWM said:

Except todays schedule wasn’t announced until yesterday afternoon, so on Sunday when they were asked they didn’t know what time they were playing and it could have been one of the other three quarter finals played today that was scheduled for the night session.  So it wasn’t in the “rules”.

I'm not arguing all night, Enjoy the match. 

I P Knightley

Djokovic looking, dare I say it, nervous. Hitting safe shots well within Nadal's reach and fluffing what should, for him, be straightforward put-aways.

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Djokovic looking, dare I say it, nervous. Hitting safe shots well within Nadal's reach and fluffing what should, for him, be straightforward put-aways.

It's cause Nadal uses cheat codes and that 

I P Knightley
6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

This is looking like a rout. 

Djoko just not getting near Nadal in any part of the match. Another double break down...

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, escobri said:

Wow, great performance by Nadal so far, prick 🤣

Clearly his " injury" isnt hampering him. Wonder what meds he is on ? Can i have some ? :)  To be fair he is playing exceptional. Ill give him that. Novak just hasnt got his mojo the night. It happens. 

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Clearly his " injury" isnt hampering him. Wonder what meds he is on ? Can i have some ? :)  To be fair he is playing exceptional. Ill give him that. Novak just hasnt got his mojo the night. It happens. 

The war criminal looks troubled :glorious:

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The war criminal looks troubled :glorious:

and Nadals all smiles  

R (6).jpg

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Great advert for the vaccine this

Which vaccine?

The one that has enabled Nadal to come back from 'injury' producing a more powerful second serve than in his whole career? 🤔🤭

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Which vaccine?

The one that has enabled Nadal to come back from 'injury' producing a more powerful second serve than in his whole career? 🤔🤭

image-23-10-21-12-13-1.gif

I P Knightley
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Which vaccine?

tumblr_nqxzph1cQ31sqf5tdo2_500.gifv

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Which vaccine?

Moderna I think as it works well with PEDs. PEDs and long covid is clearly not helping Novak.

(I actually don't care, I just hope that roaster Djokovic gets pumped)

mind you, some comeback currently, fair play to the holistic one.

Edited by Costanza

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, FWJ said:

17 minute game.  Lost count of the number of deuces

It was seven.

Maybe now Djoko will spark into life.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Twenty Shree shot rally! At their age?!

Incredible really. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, neilnunb said:

Nadal's level definitely dropping.

Toilet break required to top himself up.

Yep  More unforced errors now too.  Needs a wee break i think.  ? 

Shanks said no

15 deuces, 1987 RG, Lendl is broken at 5-3 in third set, loses 9 set points, saves 6 break points, opponent was Nystrom

13 deuces, 1995 Wimbledon final, Sanchez Vicario is broken at 5-all in third, saves 5 break points vs. Graf

11 deuces, 1980 Chicago final, Evert is broken at 4-5 in the first set, saves 6 set points vs. Navratilova

11 deuces, 1996 AO SF, Agassi holds in second set vs. Chang

10 deuces, 1980 Wimbledon SF, Connors holds at 4-2 in second set vs. McEnroe

10 deuces, 1981 Toyota Championships, round robin, Austin holds at 3-all in the first set vs. Evert

10 deuces, 1985 USO SF, Evert is broken at 2-3 in the third vs. Mandlikova

10 deuces, 1987 AO final, Cash holds in second set, saves 5 set points vs. Edberg

10 deuces, 2005 AO, R128, Santoro broken in first game of second set vs. Federer

10 deuces, 2007 WTA Championships final, Henin is broken at 5-6 in the first set, saves 7 set points vs. Sharapova

I P Knightley
8 minutes ago, FWJ said:

17 minute game.  Lost count of the number of deuces

Mind you, of the 17 minutes, at least 10 would have been Nadal's routine for each of his serves. 20 points played; around 30 service routines, 20-25 seconds each...

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

At least that was only a 9min game (or thereabouts) 

🤣

Nearly 29 minutes between sit-downs.

Poor Rafa being on his feet that long!!

I P Knightley

Oh goody! Another deuce game!

Djoko starting to hit deeper and nearer to the tapes. This has become the good match I was hoping for.