Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There was me thinking this was some hot lesbian action. Sorry James, penny’s only just dropped :lol: :facepalm:

Amazing🤣🤣🤣 

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Cancel culture in action from a bitter woman. 

How dare she bring McEnroe’s sex/gender into it. What bloody difference does it make? 

Absolute bullshit it was “oh look at me iv a twitter account…” 

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McEnroe was bang on. She couldn’t handle the occasion (which is fair enough, she’s only young). Look again at the way she was celebrating some points in the first set, way over the top and clearly too fired up

Yes he was , ER is very talented , I think there is def a star in the making there. She has some serious weaponery already. He was spot on though. The fact Wimbledon said she was having trouble breathing is why she retired hurt lends credence to that thought process and relating it to his experience and Osaka too.

I destroyed some stupid cow on that twitter thread twice. ****ing idiotic comments about misogyny and about periods having no affect on pro athletes because “normal” women just get on with it. Then tried to tell me that because Ill never have a period i have no right to say anything. Shit like that proper annoys me. Thats not feminism.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
41 minutes ago, sadj said:

Amazing🤣🤣🤣 

Absolute bullshit it was “oh look at me iv a twitter account…” 

Yes he was , ER is very talented , I think there is def a star in the making there. She has some serious weaponery already. He was spot on though. The fact Wimbledon said she was having trouble breathing is why she retired hurt lends credence to that thought process and relating it to his experience and Osaka too.

I destroyed some stupid cow on that twitter thread twice. ****ing idiotic comments about misogyny and about periods having no affect on pro athletes because “normal” women just get on with it. Then tried to tell me that because Ill never have a period i have no right to say anything. Shit like that proper annoys me. Thats not feminism.

Monica Seles won 8 grand slams by 19 ! They were made of sterner stuff back then . It’s the classic over hype of. British person yet again . Yes she’s not bad but one swallow does not make a summer . She’s got a few tests to prove she wasn’t just a Flash in pan by getting to the last 16 !! Wow ! 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I thought she played alright - the difference was Tomljanovic won the long rallies. She was stronger in that respect

Very much this and it sapped ER’s strength eventually. She couldn’t hack it.

At least she’s British so you can understand the BBC being fixated. Their fascination with Gauff is harder to understand

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Monica Seles won 8 grand slams by 19 ! They were made of sterner stuff back then . It’s the classic over hype of. British person yet again . Yes she’s not bad but one swallow does not make a summer . She’s got a few tests to prove she wasn’t just a Flash in pan by getting to the last 16 !! Wow ! 

Good question is how do Switzerland have 2very good youngsters and we are hoping that ER becomes one.

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Very much this and it sapped ER’s strength eventually. She couldn’t hack it.

At least she’s British so you can understand the BBC being fixated. Their fascination with Gauff is harder to understand

I think they get confused cause Gauff is how they hoity toity tyoes down souff say Golf so they just assume she must be British too

Pliskova v Golubic - should be a straight forward one for Pliskova but hopefully Golubic plays well and we get Pliskova’s tats and legs for longer on court 👍🏻

I’ll add to that Pliskova has played well so far this tournament and with the inexperience left (bar Kerber) you’d have to say this is a cracking opportunity for her to win Wimbledon. 

Edited by sadj

Sam Smith was choking to emphasise the Englishness of the new half Romanian / half Chinese English great new hope.

Edited by Victorian

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Sam Smith was choking to emphasise the Englishness of the new half Romanian / half Chinese English great new hope.

Like most Australians, then.

Jeffros Furios
25 minutes ago, sadj said:

Pliskova v Golubic - should be a straight forward one for Pliskova but hopefully Golubic plays well and we get Pliskova’s tats and legs for longer on court 👍🏻

I'm sure I met a Pliskova lookalike in a Prague whorehouse . . Fine pair of legs.

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yes she has been quietly doing the business throughout the tournament . She’s been an under achiever . Similar in style to that other tall player Lindsay Davenport . 

JudyJudyJudy
45 minutes ago, sadj said:

Good question is how do Switzerland have 2very good youngsters and we are hoping that ER becomes one.

Not sure . Maybes they don’t have elitist tennis places where one can only become a member if you know certain others . Or they all cost a fortune for membership too ? Plus our weather is shite so outdoor playing is fairly limited . The last great swizz miss was Martina Hingis 

JudyJudyJudy

The Sabalenka v Jabeur match should be a good one . Jabeur is very old school tennis . Reminds me a lot of Arantxa Sanchez Viccario with various cheeky types of shot which are so entertaining to watch . It’ll be a 3 setter and I’ll go for Jabeur to win . Billie Jean King was praising her early on and couldn’t contain her surprise when she heard Jabeur had a husband ! 😂😂  

PortyJambo

I'm cheating a bit as the Pliskova match is almost done, but I'm going for Barty-Kerber and Pliskova-Jabeur semi-finals for the women. Men's side, I reckon it'll be Djokovic-Shapovalov and Berrittini-Federer.

Really going out on a limb there with Djokovic I know...

51 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I'm sure I met a Pliskova lookalike in a Prague whorehouse . . Fine pair of legs.

FFS!! This is why Badosa chose me mate…

47 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes she has been quietly doing the business throughout the tournament . She’s been an under achiever . Similar in style to that other tall player Lindsay Davenport . 

Never a fan of Davenport , Pliskova though 🤘🏻 Pliskova v Kerber final would be a good match I think. 

44 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Not sure . Maybes they don’t have elitist tennis places where one can only become a member if you know certain others . Or they all cost a fortune for membership too ? Plus our weather is shite so outdoor playing is fairly limited . The last great swizz miss was Martina Hingis 

Maybe , Didnt IP say yesterday Britain is awful for how it treats talent. Swizz mizz surely!!! For the record I could never stand ASV 🤬

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, sadj said:

FFS!! This is why Badosa chose me mate…

Never a fan of Davenport , Pliskova though 🤘🏻 Pliskova v Kerber final would be a good match I think. 

Maybe , Didnt IP say yesterday Britain is awful for how it treats talent. Swizz mizz surely!!! For the record I could never stand ASV 🤬

Davenport was a big thudder usually but she played one of the best tennis matches of Wimbledon when she tactically outplayed   Graf in 1999 . Don’t know why you can’t stand AVS why ? 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Davenport was a big thudder usually but she played one of the best tennis matches of Wimbledon when she tactically outplayed   Graf in 1999 . Don’t know why you can’t stand AVS why ? 

Prob cause she had a habit of hanging about and beating the players I liked. Wee Spanish shite (not racist or misogynistic before that dumb ***** from twitter reads this)

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, sadj said:

Bit rude

Lol 😂 she wasn’t particularly bonnie but was a guid player 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, sadj said:

Prob cause she had a habit of hanging about and beating the players I liked. Wee Spanish shite (not racist or misogynistic before that dumb ***** from twitter reads this)

“ liked “ translated as Fancied  ? 😎

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McEnroe basically lanced the fawning over ER from the start. Everyone going on about a devastating end to her dream as if the game was in the balance - she was starting to take a proper pasting and clearly had nothing left. He just said it like it was. Some of the BBC’s Wimbledon coverage can be so pathetic.

McEnroe is a top boy. 

He took a battering a few years back for suggesting that Serena Williams would a top 700 player on the men's tour went down like a lead balloon. He's no fan of the equal prize money for a half shift nonsense either. 

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

“ liked “ translated as Fancied  ? 😎

Potato tomato or something like that 🤣

How do Wimbledon allocate matches to courts? Tomorrow for example there will (I assume) be two quarters on court 1 and two quarters in centre. Tv, marketing and branding strength would dictate you'd play both big names back to back so more people can watch on tv and 'show off' centre court but equally you may want to play the big names out of working hours to give people choice but you risk splitting the viewing figures etc.

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

How do Wimbledon allocate matches to courts? Tomorrow for example there will (I assume) be two quarters on court 1 and two quarters in centre. Tv, marketing and branding strength would dictate you'd play both big names back to back so more people can watch on tv and 'show off' centre court but equally you may want to play the big names out of working hours to give people choice but you risk splitting the viewing figures etc.

They have always played all quarter finals on centre and one at the same time . 

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Potato tomato or something like that 🤣

Lol 😂 

JudyJudyJudy

First time I’ve seen Sabalenka play . Very impressed . She certainly thuds it and can move around the court like a rabbit 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

First time I’ve seen Sabalenka play . Very impressed . She certainly thuds it and can move around the court like a rabbit 

Shes quality and has nice ink on her arm so…. 👍🏻

Edited by sadj

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Shes quality and has nice ink on her arm so…. 👍🏻

Yes the commentators were talking pish about that tat as per Usual 😂 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
49 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

McEnroe is a top boy. 

He took a battering a few years back for suggesting that Serena Williams would a top 700 player on the men's tour went down like a lead balloon. He's no fan of the equal prize money for a half shift nonsense either. 

People cannot take objective analysis of women’s tennis. I mean, ffs even Serena used to take the piss out of players who were ranked number one in the world but couldn’t get near her at the tournaments where she bothered to turn up. She was miles ahead of them but miles behind the men’s game. 

27 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes the commentators were talking pish about that tat as per Usual 😂 

Missed that im watching Kerber

39 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

They have always played all quarter finals on centre and one at the same time . 

Yeh but how do they decide which one is on which court etc. Is it driven by who's in it? Random draw? 

For example will their fan favourite Federer get centre because of that etc.

Edited by Taffin

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, sadj said:

Missed that im watching Kerber

Oh apparently her parents didn’t speak to her for a week when she got that tat when she was 18 ! 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Yeh but how do they decide which one is on which court etc. Is it driven by who's in it? Random draw? 

Wondered if it might be a seeding thing for at least one of them but thinking back Murray was always on it so nope

hughesie27

Confirmed by Emma R that she had breathing g problems after "the experience caught up with me" and she felt dizzy after a few intense rallies.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Def due to popularity and longevity I suppose so I would expect Novak and Fed  matches to be on centre court . It might be Feds last chance on rhe big stage 

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Confirmed by Emma R that she had breathing g problems after "the experience caught up with me" and she felt dizzy after a few intense rallies.

Wonder if the ****wits will apologise to McEnroe

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Wondered if it might be a seeding thing for at least one of them but thinking back Murray was always on it so nope

Yeh I thought that too but then it always seems to be handpicked but I wasn't sure if that was just coincidence or not!

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Def due to popularity and longevity I suppose so I would expect Novak and Fed  matches to be on centre court . It might be Feds last chance on rhe big stage 

Cheers 👍 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Wonder if the ****wits will apologise to McEnroe

Yes I would hope so . He was entirely right to hat he said 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I would hope so . He was entirely right to hat he said 

Absolutely that Harriet Minter wifie and the ***** i was ripping apart too. 

Further to that @JamesM48 maybe the jounros will question themselves and their attitudes to these players in this country. Emma R can hardly be blamed for feeling the insane amount of pressure. Surprised she doesnt have a strain though as she looked in agony. Panic attack would possibly be similar though. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Further to that @JamesM48 maybe the jounros will question themselves and their attitudes to these players in this country. Emma R can hardly be blamed for feeling the insane amount of pressure. Surprised she doesnt have a strain though as she looked in agony. Panic attack would possibly be similar though. 

To be honest it’s all part and parcel of the game now , the media intrusion , expectations . It shouldn’t have come as a surprise to her the press and public would be piling the pressure on her with unrealistic expectations really . She will learn to be emotionally resilient like all players have to really if they want to be a contender for titles . With tittles come media intrusions and interviews etc . You can’t have it both ways as Osaka has learnt to her cost 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

To be honest it’s all part and parcel of the game now , the media intrusion , expectations . It shouldn’t have come as a surprise to her the press and public would be piling the pressure on her with unrealistic expectations really . She will learn to be emotionally resilient like all players have to really if they want to be a contender for titles . With tittles come media intrusions and interviews etc . You can’t have it both ways as Osaka has learnt to her cost 

I read with titties come media instrusions.

No you can’t but there needs to be a line they can’t cross. The intrusion is getting to a point where anxiety and depression is becoming more prevalent because of it. That needs laid down by the governing bodies and backed up by governments imo

JudyJudyJudy

Ffs that Claire Bauld pure shut !! Saying the Jabeur v Sabalenka was “ close match “ !! Absolutely dire 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I read with titties come media instrusions.

No you can’t but there needs to be a line they can’t cross. The intrusion is getting to a point where anxiety and depression is becoming more prevalent because of it. That needs laid down by the governing bodies and backed up by governments imo

Lol yes I was careful with my spelling. 😂😂 not sure about your other points as press conferences have always been part of the game and Osaka bumping them leaves me slightly cynical 

21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol yes I was careful with my spelling. 😂😂 not sure about your other points as press conferences have always been part of the game and Osaka bumping them leaves me slightly cynical 

They have been but the intensity now is off the scale to say 30years ago. Peoples mental health is much more in the forefront of their thoughts and tbh I think if they want to keep themselves to themselves there needs to be a convo and a balance struck. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )