Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I can’t ever see the Home Internationals coming back or a regular Scotland v England annual fixture returning so I suppose the onus is on Scotland so that more regular competitive games happen. 

Used to live down your way long time ago and watch City when they were pish, who do you follow?

Yeah it's unlikely they'll bring it back.

I still find it amazing and shocking that England and Scotland the 2 oldest international teams in the world and we only have 1 World Cup between us and 0 Euro Championships.

I'm a season ticket holder at City mate followed in my father's footsteps.

Guest ToqueJambo

Billy Gilmour has now done more for Scotland in 75 minutes than Scot Brown did in 55 games. I don't remember Brown ever playing with that kind of composure and influence against anyone, let alone one of the supposed best teams in the world.

I am now very confused about Steven O'Donnell but still think Clarke deserves some stick for not playing Adams and Gilmour against the Czechs. 

Maroon Sailor

Clarke still getting bent out of shape about criticism again after the defeat on Monday.

Wouldn't have been any criticism if he picked the right team in the first place.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Billy Gilmour has now done more for Scotland in 75 minutes than Scot Brown did in 55 games. I don't remember Brown ever playing with that kind of composure and influence against anyone, let alone one of the supposed best teams in the world.

I am now very confused about Steven O'Donnell but still think Clarke deserves some stick for not playing Adams and Gilmour against the Czechs. 

Yes, not starting Adams v the Czechs was an absolute shocker.  The only striker we have, I think , playing in the English Premier and believe he scored something like 8 goals on his last 10 games. Bizarre decision.  As was playing Marshall in front of Gordon, although at least that one hasn’t cost us. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Anyone seen Anti Scotland tonite ? 

What’s that?  In my bed half pished watching the golf now but would love to hear what Rio’s saying, smug prick!

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

What’s that?  In my bed half pished watching the golf now but would love to hear what Rio’s saying, smug prick!

Steaming here,  but was looking forward to more self  loathing from King Anti Foot Ball. Shame he's gone all quiet. 

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Got to be happy with that tonight. Superb performances to a man

Why oh why did he not play that team vs Czechs. At least Gilmour should’ve played. Calum McGregor was my Motm tonight. But what a difference with Adam’s. How could any sane person pick Christie over him 

A shame we could not get the winner we deserved tonight but we go into the last game still in the tournament still in with a chance to get out the group, that is what matters. Let’s hope these players can take it 

Hindsight is great isn’t it lol but yeah I agree man. As the game wore on tonight I was convinced we were gonna do it. I suppose it’s a hearts thing too in that hope never leaves you :lol: 

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes, not starting Adams v the Czechs was an absolute shocker.  The only striker we have, I think , playing in the English Premier and believe he scored something like 8 goals on his last 10 games. Bizarre decision.  As was playing Marshall in front of Gordon, although at least that one hasn’t cost us. 

Adams was excellent. He's light years ahead of Dykes. I even think he could play as a lone striker, some of his hold up play was really good.

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Was just going to post the same. Got to love that fighting spirit!! 

Warriors to a man. Ballsy as ****. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Why oh why did he not play that team vs Czechs. At least Gilmour should’ve played. Calum McGregor was my Motm tonight. But what a difference with Adam’s. How could any sane person pick Christie over him 

Yes, but maybe a bigger question as to why Dykes was first pick striker ahead of Adams.  Then the question should have been who plays beside or behind Adams. 

Rocky jamboa

Why did we not play that team v the Czechs?! 

I really like Stevie Clarke but he made a mistake with our line up and tactics for the first game. 

Arthur Morgan
5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I really like Stevie Clarke but he made a mistake with our line up and tactics for the first game. 

This.

No Idle Talk

I don't generally pay much attention to the national team. But I watched tonight's match. I thought the Scotland team did themselves proud to be honest. A proper 100% effort by every player which is all you can ever ask for.

Gilmore, Adams, Tierney and  Robertson. At last Scotland have/has real quality. And it has to said, Hanley was superb last night. 

Bring on the Croats. 

C'mon Scotland. 

54 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Gilmore, Adams, Tierney and  Robertson. At last Scotland have/has real quality. And it has to said, Hanley was superb last night. 

Bring on the Croats. 

C'mon Scotland. 

Here here 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 They were brilliant to a man - even fat arse Mcginn was outstanding 🤣

5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Here here 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 They were brilliant to a man - even fat arse Mcginn was outstanding 🤣

He did, but I thought he was going to be sent off at one point. Brain fart he had arguing with the Ref. 

Edited by ri Alban

Che Adams is much better than I thought he was and Lyndon Dykes did superbly holding the ball up and getting us up the park. 

I really wish we’d played that side against the Czechs. 

Tierney and Robertson down that left side are a joy to watch and even O’Donnell had a great game! (Must admit I was watching through my fingers when he was on the ball in the first half) 

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Cade said:

Here's the criteria for sorting out groups if teams are equal on points:

1] Higher number of points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question;
2] Superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in question;
3] Higher number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question;

4] If, after having applied criteria 1 to 3, teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 3 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams who are still level to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 5 to 10 apply;
5] Superior goal difference in all group matches;
6] Higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
7] Higher number of wins in all group matches;[b]
8] If on the last round of the group stage, two teams are facing each other and each has the same number of points, as well as the same number of goals scored and conceded, and the score finishes level in their match, their ranking is determined by a penalty shoot-out. (This criterion is not used if more than two teams have the same number of points.);
9] Lower disciplinary points total in all group matches (1 point for a single yellow card, 3 points for a red card as a consequence of two yellow cards, 3 points for a direct red card, 4 points for a yellow card followed by a direct red card);
10] Higher position in the European Qualifiers overall ranking.

m7MtdRn.jpg

(x) guaranteed top three

(h) hosting nation

Remaining games:

Croatia/Scotland

Czech Republic/England

Scotland can only finish above Croatia. Need to win.

Sco 2-0 Cro

Eng 0-1 CZH is the minimum needed for us to take 2nd place. 

Tommy Brown
15 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Sco 2-0 Cro

Or Cz & Eng play out a bore all draw ang guarantee them both 1st and 2nd.

England avoid France/Portugal.

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, James1874f said:

Don’t get why folk are creaming themselves over drawing 0-0. That game was there to be won. 

I don't think they are. Everyone was impressed by the performance, organisation and application but felt that a win (by a couple of goals on another day) would not have been grudged. Not one player could be faulted which is a rarity for a Scotland performance. 

A point was the minimum that was deserved. 

When the euphoria dies down, the Scotland 0 frustration will kick in.  Two games, no goals.  That's where Griffiths frustrates me.  A natural predator.  If only he kept himself mentally fit and available.

Felt sorry for Adams  He had a glimmer of a look at goal in the 2nd half which could well have seen him scoring.  He momentarily lost his balance and the chance was gone.

If there's a Ford, Robbo, McCoist out there, please step forward.

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

We’re no half bad now 

Just need to score a goal and we will be all the road 

Tell you what grinds my cogs ... when an English biased pundit comes out with the line " I was embarrassed with the England performance".  In sport sometimes you have recognise that they had a game plan, played well and give credit to your opposition for nullifying your own team. Not spit the dummy because what you thought was going to be a stroll did not turn out the way you had imagined.  I am just surprised Souness didn't clock the clown although you could see that he was a bit angry about it.

12 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Tell you what grinds my cogs ... when an English biased pundit comes out with the line " I was embarrassed with the England performance".  In sport sometimes you have recognise that they had a game plan, played well and give credit to your opposition for nullifying your own team. Not spit the dummy because what you thought was going to be a stroll did not turn out the way you had imagined.  I am just surprised Souness didn't clock the clown although you could see that he was a bit angry about it.

The English arrogance is baffling, they will qualify from the group but that’s about it won’t go any further than the Quarter final. They have no chance of winning this tournament. No where near as good as they think they are.

3fingersreid

Fantastic all round performance , not one player failed to do the job asked of him . Only time I had any concern was when grealish was running at us , that said O’Donnell put the bugger in his place late on . 
Perform like that against Croatia and we stand a real good chance .

Well played Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👏🏻👏🏻

willie wallace
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Sco 2-0 Cro

Is this a new system they have introduced. with goal difference being decided on a head to head basis rather over the 3group games.?

All our calculations after the game are out the window now 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Bring on the Croats. 

C'mon Scotland. 

Totally agree with you ( for once😁) I also thought McGregor had a good game, who I’ve thought has had a rotten season for his club. Also you picked out Hanley who seemed to cover everything at the back. Really wish we had another quality centre half though as Mctominey is missed in midfield. 

3 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I actually thought he had a poor game and has looked knackered after about an hour in both games. Maybe hauling that arse about is catching up with him?

58 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Don’t get why folk are creaming themselves over drawing 0-0. That game was there to be won. 

Obviously we'd all like to have won the game - but I was thinking last night that in a funny way, from  a psychological point of view a draw has the advantage that the team know they need to beat Croatia in the last game. Had they gone into the last game knowing a draw would be enough that could have affected their whole approach to the game. If the game on Tuesday is level going into the last 15-20 minutes both teams will be throwing the kitchen sink at each other as a draw is no use to anyone in terms of qualification.

6 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

My thoughts too.

bbc sport at the moment claiming Scotland parked the bus 😆 utter garbage 

We played very well, looked composed and the whole team tried their guts out 

not mentioned much but I thought mcgregor was impressive. Gilmour excellent. Hanley the huddy was too. Robertson is a class act the team seem to respond to. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

I was going through town last night and couldn't get the celebrations from the younger element at a 0-0 as if we had won the Euros, total cringe, that's real minow stuff, suppose it is seeing them in a championship for the first time 

I will still be surprised if we score a goal in open play, Gilmour looks a player,MacGregor,KT and Robertson give us a good foundation, just don't understand McTominey not playing in his strongest position, really need a goalscorer to make the difference

wheatfield to sheffield

So England and Czechs now only need to play out a no risk game to draw and both qualify.

It's not cheating, it it is not in the spirit of the game but it is being professional

I am very sure all English media are fussing away to say they wouldn't, our boys aren't like that, our Gareth isn't like that etc

But of course they will. Any team would. Scotland would and I would want them to, 100%

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, James1874f said:

All games are there to be won.

😀

4 minutes ago, wheatfield to sheffield said:

So England and Czechs now only need to play out a no risk game to draw and both qualify.

It's not cheating, it it is not in the spirit of the game but it is being professional

I am very sure all English media are fussing away to say they wouldn't, our boys aren't like that, our Gareth isn't like that etc

But of course they will. Any team would. Scotland would and I would want them to, 100%

Both have pretty much qualified already. 

A draw and second place in the group might suit England as it means they'll avoid Portugal or Germany (most likely) in the next round.

6 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I was going through town last night and couldn't get the celebrations from the younger element at a 0-0 as if we had won the Euros, total cringe, that's real minow stuff, suppose it is seeing them in a championship for the first time 

I will still be surprised if we score a goal in open play, Gilmour looks a player,MacGregor,KT and Robertson give us a good foundation, just don't understand McTominey not playing in his strongest position, really need a goalscorer to make the difference

We are minnows whether we like that or not. I’d love to see a sea change in mentality in this country with football but can we not enjoy we more than held are own against a decent side at Wembley 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

We are minnows whether we like that or not. I’d love to see a sea change in mentality in this country with football but can we not enjoy we more than held are own against a decent side at Wembley 

👍

7 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

👍

2 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Know what you’re saying about celebrating a draw but over all I think the opposite - am assuming you’re my age or over and were used to seeing Scotland qualify regularly for tournaments?

at bloody last the younger contingent have the chance to see the team at a tournament! Let them enjoy it.  Given how crap we’ve been for so long added to the English press and pundits approach before the game then no wonder they were happy. 
my kids (primary school age) seemed to know plenty about the English players before the game from the tv coverage, about time our team at least got a bit of attention and they’re excited to support their country 👍

Absolute Scenes

4 third place finishers go through do they not?

ideally need Belgium to pump Finland and also Switzerland and turkey to draw. That means a win against Croatia and we would go through, I think?

15 minutes ago, wheatfield to sheffield said:

Agreed however both England and Czech Rep would prefer to finish second in the group so it will be interesting to see the Czech’s approach to a game they really want to lose. 

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

4 third place finishers go through do they not?

ideally need Belgium to pump Finland and also Switzerland and turkey to draw. That means a win against Croatia and we would go through, I think?

Yes they do, it's looking like 4 points should be enough.

As It Stands

5pb53O5.jpg

Rules for classification:
1) Points;
2) Goal difference;
3) Goals scored;
4) Wins;
5) Lower disciplinary points total;
6) European Qualifiers overall ranking.